Seas of Silent Hope

Martha was now driving as usual, but without a destination in mind she was just driving straight. "I don't know..." Muttered her looking at through the side mirrors. She was not able to see anything suspicious... but Ri had a point, whoever those guys were, sure they were not going to let them go so easily. But at least, if they managed to get a couple of hours ahead of them, now Martha and Ri would have a small window to do some more research freely.

Thinking about that, Martha took a glance at the key with the plastic key chain. There was a number on one of the sides! 736... "Hey, I remember those keys!" Exclaimed her. "Well, not those keys, but the key chain. I was a couple of months ago in a trip to Germany, on my vacations. If I'm not mistaken, those keys are for the lockers of the airport." Explained her. "Well, for one of them." And then she changed of course and began to drive towards the Airport.

"Hey... Are you sure it's safe to keep doing this? I mean... That back there was dangerous... And I have some money with me... Maybe we should just... Grab whatever is in that locker and buy a couple of airfares and get as far from here as we could."

Ri listened as Martha recalled where she had seen the key chain. "Alright let's go." Ri said. Her smile faded when Martha suggested buying a plane ticket out of the country. Ri was tired of running. She wanted to fight. She wanted revenge for all of the pain and time and memories that the GDA had taken away from her. "Of course i'm not sure that it is safe to continue with this. But i'm not going anywhere. You can buy a ticket if you want but I won't be leaving. There is too much left for me to do." she told Martha quite seriously.

"I... I just..." Martha sighed and focused on the road. "Alright..." And for the rest of the drive she didn't spoke again. Martha liked Ri, but she was making it real hard for her to keep it like that. Martha did enjoyed having some adventures every now and then, and going to retrieve her papers was healthy exciting, but this... This was straight dangerous. And not only a little, whoever was on them did knew what they were doing.

"Alright we are here." Finally said Martha, much less cheerful or even willing to talk than before. The airport was a nice place to hide something; there were lots of people, security cameras and guards. None of them a match for the GDA, but at least it created the illusion of security. Once in the locker area, they walked to the locked which key belonged to. Inside the locker there was a small bag with clothing, female clothing. A hard drive and a couple of files. One was a really old file of Kestreel itself, from the day he began to serve. The other one was a Kill order for a girl, a lot younger than Ri was, but still, she kind of looked like her.

Most of her information was crossed out, but her name was visible: Sara Riley Sanderson. As parents there were: Father: Aaron Riley Astrike and Mother: Kate Sanderson Dewphne.

Besides that, there was nothing else visible except for a little note written by hand: Archer.

Ri followed behind Martha as she walked towards the locker area. She had noticed the tone in which Martha had talked to her and the way she was acting. Ri appreciated Martha for all of her help but now she was thinking it was time for them to part ways. She could tell that Martha didn't like adventure as much as she did but Ri couldn't help that . When they finally reached the lockers Ri opened it. She briefly glanced at the content inside of the locker before carefully placing it inside of the bag with the female clothing in it. Ri took the bag on her back before closing the locker door and looking at Martha. "Look I appreciate everything that you have done for me. I really do. But I just don't think we can continue on this adventure together. I can tell that you don't want to be here anymore and I don't blame you. As soon as we get back to your house. I'm going to pack my things." she said before walking back through the airport and to the car.

"I... I didn't..." But Martha knew she was right. Martha liked that side or Ri that tended to get them in troubles, but that was simply too much. And even If Martha really liked that girl, she had no intentions to die, at least not yet. The rest of the driving was really quiet. Martha did wanted to talk Ri out of her crazy ideas, but she knew there will be to no avail, so instead she simply thought about how lonely her apartment would feel from now on.

Once they made it to the apartment Martha couldn't help but to stand sad next to the main entrance, looking how RI packed her things. "Please..." But it didn't mattered whar she said, Ri was leaving. "Take this. It will help you." Martha tried to gave Ri some money and the dress of a small motel downtown. "It's a nice place... It cheap and the rooms are clean enough." Explained her.

It didn't take long for Ri to finish packing. She didn't own a lot. So with the rest of the space in her bag she placed all of the things that she had found in the past few days. She hoped that she was making the right decision, leaving Martha. But she couldn't abandon her mission. No matter how dangerous it was starting to become. Ri smiled sadly when she hugged Martha for the last time. She took the money and the address. "Thanks. I'm sorry for all the trouble i've caused you. Hopefully we'll be able to see each other again when this is all over." she said opening the door and leaving. Ri made her quickly to the address on the paper and used the money to buy a room for the night.

That motel wasn't all that bad, as Martha had told, the place was pretty neat. But a few cockroaches and a eventual rat every now and then revealed the place wasn't precisely a first class hotel. It was hard to think when did a girl like Martha ended in a place like this, but it was better not to ask. "You bitch! You will learn not to disobey me!" Could be heard from the next room. It sounded like a man was hitting a woman, and by the pain screams, the girl shouldn't be more than 20. But of course, that wasn't something too unusual. In the parking lot there was a guy selling drugs to a couple of kids, probably none of them was more than 16, maybe 17.

Ri blocked out the noises coming from the other room. She wanted to help but it wasn't any of her business and most importantly she was trying to keep a low profile. Ri placed her small bag beside her on the bed and climbed in. She closed her eyes but sleep didn't come to her. She aly there with her eyes closed thinking of all that had happened. She was going to miss Martha but this had to be done.

The things around the motel seemed quite calm. Well, besides for the eventual pain screams or the drug dealers doing their business as what it seemed; usual. And the things around town didn't were too far from that neither. Sure the police was investigating what just happened at the hotel a few hours ago, and most assured some nosy cop was going to get more deep than another would do, but what was to expect from the police anyways?

Ri was unable to sleep that night. So the next morning she was tired. Ri left the hotel and went to a convenience store to buy an energy drink. She downed it all and made her way to the library. She found a quiet corner and began to search through the bag with all of the things that they had found. When she reached the picture of Kestreel she sat and looked at it for a while.

All the information gathered so far was still a little bit messy, had a lot of holes to fill, and some of it was still on the hard drives of the various devices found so far. Still, if put all together, it could be revealed that Kestreel was ordered once to go kill a girl. And again, thanks to the files found on the airport, it could be seen that the girl was named Sara... But where was that name heard before? Who was or what was that thing called Archer? Who were those Aaron and Kate people? Well, they were the fathers of Sara, but where were they then?

Ri shook her head. None of it made any sense. Who were those people in the hotel and how did they know someone was going to come back there? How is all of this information realted to each other? But the most important question: where was Kestreel? Ri sat in the library for a few more hours but she was still unsuccessful in figuring out anything else out. So she got up to leave.