Search for the Six (Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... mhmkay, if anyone wants to collab with me, hit me up. I'm not comfortable playing people's characters for them and I'm not quite sure how to open after that post. Got an idea or two, but that's it.

If I may though, I thought the "plot" for the RP was Lucifer trying to gather the demons - didn't he just accomplish this already? lol. Or did I misunderstand something somewhere?

Oh snap! I should be able to edit CS today and maybe even make a post, or at least start writing it.

I was suddenly very busy, but am now slowly working to catch up in all roleplays I'm involved in.

He's trying to reunite warring forces, and did so through fear and intimidation, but has yet to actually make them believe that them being a team is worth it. I'm also slightly changing the uniter from Lucifer to my character, Sargatanas. :)

@Prince @Nameless @PontiwontiPrime @Wittiford R. Eference @Mglo @Rosie Blue @Shattered♦Secrets™ @Nornaghast @Cerebellumonster @Salsacookies, the IC is up and running :D
Thanks for tag, will have post up tomorrow^^.

Bleh, busy and work and life. I will have a post up on Monday^^.

D:
Too lazy to find where I posted CS... so heeah it is agaaain!

[spoili]
_goo_centipede__by_usagisasami-d4mcvpd.jpg

Male | Maggot turned Parasite | Gluttony

Krenshar the Insatiable is a… small parasitic maggot from Gluttony. He's a low class demon with a penchant for zombifying bigger and higher level hosts. They are the best mental and physical meal in Krenshar's humble opinion. Not to mention the joy he gets as they're slowly digested from inside. It is a thing of beauty for Krenshar to control his host during a feast; feeding on his host as his host feeds on something else, what more could a hungry maggot dream of if not for a bigger stomach?
He's a snarky fellow with a self-deprecating sense of humor. His attitude towards hunger is much like that of an addict's. It is a constant need, what he was born of, his nature, and therefore what drives him to act and exist.
He's not exactly a part of a race, just the consequential result of a maggot with a specific taste for a type of flesh. His size has varied over the years, and is mostly dependant on the size of his host or how much he has starved before getting into one. To be able to take possession of a host, Krenshar has to be at least half the size of their spinal cord or the host will be difficult to control. If Kren does a spinal-hug on a bigger demon than he can handle, he is unable to take control of the body and may merely live within the body as he digests it. If he manages to grow to the needed size before finishing the meal, then he will be able to use whatever is left of the body so long as the body is still alive. (Just for reference, he is currently the size of a pre-teen boy).
Krenshar is a perfect depiction of Gluttony at work, an extension of it as it were, because in Gluttony everything can devour anything and in varied ways.

Character's History:
Krenshar was born in Gluttony as one of the many demonic maggots that fed on the flesh no one else would. One of countless organism-like beings that exist to feed from birth to death without much room for anything else. Krenshar was a flesh feeding zombie that just happened to crawl up a demon's leg, eating his way up delicious nerves. Being the only maggot in the demon's body, Kren had plenty to eat and was not pressured by competition to hurry. Time and excess gave the maggon time and material to play with, little by little yearning and hungering for more than just flesh feeding. Slowly but surely, he became sentient and the little demon became aware of itself. Feeding from birth to death was still appealing, but the manner in which he would live through that was now a choice. In honor of that first host, to whom he owes his rebirth, Krenshar took on its name.
His body has changed over time, better adjusting to his way of life. For one thing he has mimicked the hands of a demon host which he found very useful. Said demon shaped its hands to resemble an angel's but Krenshar is unaware of this since he has never seen one.
Krenshar has settled on the method of latching onto the spinal cords of his host in order to feed and control. He uses his saliva and acid to invade, adapt, and blend into the chosen host.(see abilities for details)

As for his relation to the Gluttony demon Lord, Beelzebub, Kren couldn't care less. He doesn't follow nor does he rebel, he just lives the way he chooses. However, he has eaten demons that followed or rebelled against Beelzebub and Kren has played the part just for kicks.

Position, Rank, or Occupation:
Low class demon with no rank, but makes it his occupation to try different ranks on for size ;]

Skills, Abilities, Equipment, Weapons, and Armour:
Years of living the lives of several demons has made the little maggot very cunning to his trade. He's very fast and nimble and built for scurrying around. He's also very manipulative in the sense that he knows most demons that get to see his actual form underestimate him, and Kren milks it to no end.
Krenshar secretes two very potent things: saliva and stomach acid, both of which can pour out of his mouth or entire body:

Saliva - Used as a flesh shaper tool in order to cover the damage and himself after burrowing onto the spinal cord. It has the added value of helping his body adapt to his new environment. For example, if the demon host uses venom/poison and has immunity, then Kren is able to adapt his own body by basing his flesh on the host's immune flesh. Speaking of, Krenshar's saliva has numbing properties, to which Kren is immune to, that make it possible to enter a host without the host noticing. His usual process, if his aim is to posses the body, is to catch a demon while it is unconscious. The only way Kren can enter a host while the host is awake, is if Kren's size, relative to the host, is small enough that the host may mistake Kren for an itch he can't scratch because it's out of reach. However, Kren believes he's evolved past that since mere survival is not enough, and it would hurt his pride if he'd ever have to settle back into the life of a simple maggot.

Acid - Used in conjunction with his mouth and teeth to break the skin and muscle or exoskeleton needed to reach the spinal cord. Once Kren is inside, he mixes his acid with his saliva to reduce its potency. The new mixture is spread out throughout the host for digestion. Kren "eats" or rather absorbs his food through his skin and feeds through his mouth on special occasions. Chewing is a special treat.

Other abilities depend on his host. In a way, by taking possession of another demon Krenshar essentially equips them as both armor and weapon.

Current host:
carrion_demon.jpg

Demon: Avian-type given the wings. It strayed into Gluttony and suffered the consequences of it before Krenshar latched onto him. Because it had already lost its face, Kren has had to steal eyes every once in a while to place them in the sockets for use. However, because the eyes aren't the body's originals, they decay or are digested much faster than the host body itself. The host is nearing the end of the digesting process, it has already started to rot and boasts a few maggots here and there as proof. It it still in good enough condition to be useful so Kren maintains it, but he's already considering staying on the alert for a new host.

Abilities:
Flights, powerful claws and hoofs, a strong mandible with sharp teeth, and release of toxic gas through the mouth. To lower demons the toxic gas is lethal, to higher ranked demons it has varying degrees of effectiveness but generally produces a sickness.

Weaknesses, Annoyances, Dislikes, Fears:
His insatiable hunger is both weakness and strength because it rules over him and defines him. Such simplicity makes him easy to manipulate and predict… to some extent, since a Glutton can hunger for anything at anytime and that can be hard to predict when it extends beyond a hunger for flesh.

Extreme temperatures. This may vary depending on his host, but it'll affect him one way or another.

He considers himself a weakness, an annoyance, and he dislikes himself. He fears staying outside a host for too long, and constantly hungers for praise even if it's a double-edged sword (Since he usually obtains it while wearing the skin of another and never as himself in his true form).
[/spoili]

@Mglo Ooo, I like the host look, too. Quick question: is he visible? He's approximately the length of a spine, which he attaches too, so does he burrow into it, give himself a protective shell, or just never turn his back on anybody?

Cool!
He burrows and sort of shapes flesh over the evidence. However he's also careful to always guard his back.

@Mglo can you explain to us exactly how he imposes his will over other demons and controls a host? Like, if he latches on to a demon, how does Kren warp the demonic host's mind? Does he connect his nerves to the demons, does he summon sort of smaller parasitic monsters, does he do it by way of tendrils? Please provide a small physical description of how. :D

Oops. I knew I was forgetting something. He essentially 'bites' onto the host's cerebellum and one of his tongues latches onto it through saliva tendrils. He extends his second tongue and wraps it around the brain stem, once more creating saliva tendrils that help the control process.

That's it in a nutshell. I don't have time right now, so if you want you can add that bit to my CS when you add it to the roster. Otherwise, I'll make edits to night to include this bit of detail.

Alright, I'll do it myself. Welcome aboard, Kren!

• Thank You
Reactions: Mglo
Dios
The first drop, holder of names.

images

Fluid (no gender) | Water Spirit/deity | Envy

Dios is a… devious but smart deity. It has long memorized the names of most of Hell's occupants and manages to keep track of a good portion of them at any given moment. It loves the freedom of Envy to go where it chooses and often frequents other circles for it's own unspoken reasons, although it never stays for long. It feels that, in order to fully understand ones friend or enemy, it must first know said target better than it might know itself. As a long standing member of the circle of Envy, it knows quite a bit about many an occupant.

Dios is a old and powerful water Deity that has managed to survive many a millennium in the hellish circle. It can act playful or aggressive, but everything it does it does for a reason. It is very methodical and plans accordingly. It has no specified location for living but moves from place to place, preferring to stay moving and active. It's main body is that of a water being, but can shift its features to either gender or even harden the outside of it's form to have an actual body to move around in.

Character's History: Dios was a longtime supporter of Ceto, the hunter of the Leviathan and had even pledged to help her destroy the creature. It had developed for her a network of spies and warriors to serve under Ceto whenever the call went out to hunt and try to kill the massive beast, but soon felt its expansive knowledge base and legions of loyal creatures were not utilized properly under Ceto, and it defected. Taking all it's resources away from Ceto, it longed to try and get a massive hold on the circle of Envy, such as Allocer had done in the circle of Wrath. She sent her spies to all corners and sides of the circle to keep eyes and ears on the various people and to report back their findings. It eventually became a sort of network of all kinds of information that flowed through the circle and whether anyone suspected or not, the circle was always too chaotic to try and successfully investigate such claims.

Position, Rank, or Occupation:
Water Deity

Skills: Untouchable- while in a body of water, Dio is virtually untouchable and can even make itself unseen by those looking for it, no matter how close to them it is.
Sizable- Dios can change its size to that of a titan, although this does nothing to add or subtract to its natural strength.

Network- Dios controls a network of people that feed her information about most of the goings on in Hell and who is doing what.

Abilities:
fluid- most physical blows do not harm Dios as it is made of water.

adaptable- Dios can modify its technique in a fight or situation and is extremely flexible.

Equipment: none?

Weapons:
water weapons made from magic, mainly in form of a whip(s)

Armour:
water armour made from magic

Weaknesses:
lack of liquid- in the event of being away from water for an excessive amount of time, Dios can grow incredibly weak and may even die if left without sustenance for too long a time. Being in physical form prolongs this process, but not by a long period of time. The time is shortened in locations like the lava pits of wrath.

Water resistance- as water magic is her main attack and defense, creatures resistant to water pose a risk for Dios. It might have a harder time intimidating the creature or hurting it.

elemental- being a water being poses risks to Dios, mainly in the forms of lightning and some fire magic. Being in a physical form reduces the damage, but only by a minor bit.

Annoyances:
not knowing something about someone, being left out of the loop, having its plans discovered.

Dislikes:
being called the waterway (old nickname from Ceto), getting into fights, getting caught.

Fears:
losing its seat of knowledge to another, encountering the Leviathan, facing off against Ceto.

Side note: Dios is very convincing and has thus gotten quite the legion of spies and followers including many of the beasts from the circle of Envy like Nymphs, sirens, ice wolves, various Samebito and various others. Its army is not massive enough to take on a fully knowledgeable army however as it is mainly a show of force for anyone thinking of taking it on.

In it's various forms, they will look like this:

Female:
images

Male:
images

Fluid water:
images

Water Titan:
images

Human form:
images

(you get the idea)

It's not as good as some of the others, but suggestions are welcome and I can modify if asked/recommended. Hope you guys like and look forward to possibly joining soon. :D

Dang, kinda wanted to make an envious Hellspawn. Guess I gotta go with Avarice, then?

@Majem Yup, just so things are balanced. :) you can always recycle Lanziver, make him demonic-looking and whatnot.

Alright, it makes me happy to see the IC up and running smoothly. You're all writing extremely fine! Keep up the good work everyone, and hopefully, the plot gets hashed out. :) Thank you all for your help!

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Really interesting setting you've established here, with a lot of great attention to detail. Consider me interested.

Couple of questions though:

1. You got free slots? Because I've got a giant, blood-thirsty, ritual-sacrifice obsessed, Avarice bat-demon cooking in my head. Obviously if the answer is no, simply tell me so and skip the rest of these questions.

2. What are the posting expectations for this shindig? I typically write adept/advanced, so I'm not really worried about it on that spectrum (just checking mostly, because this lore is very extensive and very well-written). I'm fairly busy at the moment, though, so I could only put in probably one post per week (granted, they'd be fairly long and quality posts). Would that be acceptable, or too slow?

3. How binding are the sins to an individual demon character? I know the rules state that demons can be of very varied personalities, but I'm just checking to make sure. The guy I'm thinking up is from a race that values trades and deals above all else, kind of demonic businessmen/genies. In the tentative backstory I've got for them in my head, they're originally from Lust (to explain their desire for tapping into what their "prey" wants) before being exiled to Avarice (to explain their greed in setting up one-sided deals that benefit only them). I know Avarice is technically a term only applied to material wealth, but can it be stretched to imply "greed towards power, knowledge or abstract things of value"?

Really interesting setting you've established here, with a lot of great attention to detail. Consider me interested.

Couple of questions though:

1. You got free slots? Because I've got a giant, blood-thirsty, ritual-sacrifice obsessed, Avarice bat-demon cooking in my head. Obviously if the answer is no, simply tell me so and skip the rest of these questions.

2. What are the posting expectations for this shindig? I typically write adept/advanced, so I'm not really worried about it on that spectrum (just checking mostly, because this lore is very extensive and very well-written). I'm fairly busy at the moment, though, so I could only put in probably one post per week (granted, they'd be fairly long and quality posts). Would that be acceptable, or too slow?

3. How binding are the sins to an individual demon character? I know the rules state that demons can be of very varied personalities, but I'm just checking to make sure. The guy I'm thinking up is from a race that values trades and deals above all else, kind of demonic businessmen/genies. In the tentative backstory I've got for them in my head, they're originally from Lust (to explain their desire for tapping into what their "prey" wants) before being exiled to Avarice (to explain their greed in setting up one-sided deals that benefit only them). I know Avarice is technically a term only applied to material wealth, but can it be stretched to imply "greed towards power, knowledge or abstract things of value"?
Mosis, get out of here we don't need any of your rainbow lizard bastardry! Now that that's out of the way, I have a demon of Wrath that's also super-duper Prideful even though he'd never get to sit at the Kool Kids table with Lucypher and her snobby rich girl friends so "multi-classing" personalities are cool (AFAIK) as long as A) Make sense and B) Add to the character.

And that's the extent of my expertise (something something mountain river) for what it's worth, for what it's worth

Reactions: Mosis Tosis
Status
Not open for further replies.