Search for the Six (Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Welcome! You have been invited by sele to join our community. Please click here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't make edits cause Jurassic World =D
They'll get done today... probably ha!

Make time D:
Join Blue, Delta, Charlie... DX I forgot the rest.

Of course! Even more if you end up loving it.
*gets pen ready to write a new name on the Cool List*

Lol, I planned on going to see it, but never have the chance o.o

It just came out, you have time... go sees it!! And it was Blue (Beta), Charlie, Delta, Echo. *smh*

Just got home, so will do updates now, should be done tonight, tomorrow morning at the latest.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Damien Kriez
So I'm working on a demon of Envy and I'd like to know if there are any prolific demons from history/scripture/etc. that you think I should draw influence from? Please help, I have ideas but nothing that I think can be fully developed. :/

Ba'al/Belial I always imagined to be of Envy (though he was also related to Gluttony). I think he's an NPC, but if you just need help with inspiration, he's an entertaining one.

• Thank You
Reactions: mingummy
@Amai Kyuti If you're basing a demon off of Envy as a sin, then I'm sorry because in my research, I've only found Leviathan. However, you can always create a demon out of the Envy's environment, which are the oceans and the northern poles. Plenty of aquatic/ice demons of myth and legend to choose from. :)

@Amai Kyuti If you're basing a demon off of Envy as a sin, then I'm sorry because in my research, I've only found Leviathan. However, you can always create a demon out of the Envy's environment, which are the oceans and the northern poles. Plenty of aquatic/ice demons of myth and legend to choose from. :)
Yeah that's all I was coming up with. I think I'll be making an ice demon of sorts. Thank you. :)

[BCOLOR=#000000]Medomai, Scholar of the Seven Sins[/BCOLOR]
sphinx_of_the_ancients_by_archlimit-d4a0z60.jpg

Male|Cherubim|Heaven

Numbered among the Cherubim chosen to aid with the creation of Humanity; Medomai, like many of his kind, is a philosopher and an educator among the Host of Heaven. At 8 feet tall and a length of 15 feet, the Cherub is an impressive example of his species. The bulk of his leonine frame is covered in thick white fur and down, accent lines of darker colors marking the thick of his mane and the pinfeathers of his wings. A warrior-scholar, Medomai is often adorned in ceremonial armor of blackened plates with decorative gold filigree, etched into designs that depict various battles from Heaven's long history. The ensemble is made complete by the mask that rests snugly against the Cherubim's face, a gesture adopted by many of kind out of respect for Uriel.

Medomai's carefully crafted mask is a direct representation of his philosophy, a symbolic reminder of the enigmatic and often frustrating approach of the Cherubim. Rather than a painted depiction, Medomai adorns himself with an intricately carved clouded mirror, the reflective material concealing all emotion and allowing only for the speaker to see their own reflection in his visage. Above all else, the Cherubim is a keeper of knowledge, and believes that Wisdom stems from the importance of self-revelation and discovery, encouraging the growth of those around him while seeking his words of advice.

Despite his imposing frame, Medomai is a kind and confidant individual, a source of reason and comfort for his companions in times of dire need. A stalwart ally, the Cherubim rarely belies any emotion, an immutable bulwark of Faith and Wisdom.

Character's History:

While Medomai numbers among some of the oldest Angels in the Host of Heaven, his age and wisdom have not always been so. As a youth, Medomai represented many of the qualities that a Cherubim should not be, impetuous and unfettered in his curiosity. Under the tutelage of Metatron, Heaven's Scribe, the young Cherubim often ignored the foundation of "why" things were, and instead merely questioned "why not?" This mentality often created a perception of callous disregard to the Laws of Heaven, a rebellious youth railing against the supposed "wisdom" of his elders and betters. Unreliable in his studies and stubborn in his anarchist philosophy, it wasn't until the Great Catastrophe struck that the Cherubim found himself tempered by time and tragedy.

Wisdom forged in the fires of experience found itself thrust upon the Cherubim as Michael and Lucifer debated their ideals amongst the Heavens, where words soon turned harsh, and the bitterness escalated to a song of steel and white-hot blood. The Heaven's burned with their feud, and the once outspoken Medomai fell silent, having borne witness to the challenge of Heaven's very principals and the fallout that sundered the spires of gold and paved the streets with bodies.

An eternity of war passed, and with it, Medomai had changed. With a heavy heart, he watched the fall of the Morning Star and the devastation that ebbed in his wake; Michael broken-hearted and Metatron, once a voice of wisdom and authority, a bitter recluse that pulled from his brethren to stem the hemorrhage of betrayed emotions that threatened to overtake him. Gone was the impetuous youth, and from the ashes, Medomai rose as a silent witness to the triumphs and failures of his brethren, working alongside Uriel and the other Cherubim to record their accounts of the Civil War. In the words of his scripture, Medomai painted no villain, instead seeking balance in all things and citing the great tragedy of Heaven as a failure for both sides to open communication. His own faith strengthened, the Cherubim discarded his abrasive curiosities for the pursuit of knowledge and the application of wisdom that he now craved, the foundation of his understanding steeped in the memories of those lost to the hatred that burned the skies so bright. As the Fallen no doubt looked to the Heaven's they had forsaken, and in turn had forsaken them, so too did Medomai look to the burning Hell's below.

His desire to better understand Lucifer and the Fallen inspired centuries of philosophical research and study, drawing on both experience and the accounts of others to record a foundation on the records of Hell and the denizen's that resided in the sunken remains of the Great Beast. It was during this time that Medomai became known as the Scholar of the Seven Sins, recording his findings in the hallowed halls of the Grand Library. Through a journey of self-discovery and understanding, the Cherubim began to lay the foundations of his philosophy on the cautionary tales of Lucifer and the Fallen, citing that perhaps none of the Host of Heaven were above the temptations of the Pit, and that Pride itself was perhaps the most insidious of all Sins.

Now the Curator of the Grand Library, Medomai tends to the knowledge and scrolls of Heaven with meticulous detail, caring for histories both ancient and new as the collections expand with young scholars and scribes. Medomai serves as both council and guide to Angelic youth and humanity alike, aiding in the education and tutelage of the children of Heaven, Adam and Eve.

As visions struck the Host of Heaven, Medomai too saw the intentions of Lucifer, though he largely remained silent as to the nature of his visions, confiding only directly to Uriel and the Council. A voice of caution on the nature of these visions, Medomai answered the call of the Angelic Few as the Scholar of the Seven Sins and potential guide to the natures of the Hells below.

Position, Rank, Or Occupation:

Medomai is among the higher rankings of the Cherubic Order, a colleague and aid to Uriel, Archangel of Wisdom. He serves as Curator to the Grand Library of Heaven, tending to the scrolls and relics acquired over the history of Heaven. A philosopher and mentor, he also serves as one of the tutors assigned with the education of the newly created Adam and Eve.

Skills, Abilities, Equipment, Weapons, and Armor:

As a Cherubim, Medomai is able to summon a weapon symbolic to his nature and has access to a host of abilities inherent to his kind. His weapon, if it can be viewed as such, is less an offensive tool and more an augmentation of his natural talents. The bestial forms of the Cherubim allow for a measure of physical prowess often belied by the intellectual nature of the Cherubs, and Medomai is no exception to this. While the black and gold armor that decorates his imposing frame is largely ceremonial in nature, the reflective plates housed in his pauldrons and mask are an extension of his summoned weapon - the Mirror Shield.

A massive bulwark of gilded-black metal, the shield houses in its center an oval mirror that serves as both a defense from magical and spiritual attacks but an amplifier of the illusions Medomai houses in his arsenal. A master of the art, the Cherub utilizes the Mirror Shield to create illusions on a massive scale, increasing both the scope of the illusion and the realistic nature of his manipulations. From misdirection to confusion, Medomai works in symbiotic tandem with his weapon to protect his allies and control his foes and the flow of the battlefield. The grandest of his creations relies heavily on the target of his illusions, focusing the full strength of his power and the Mirror Shield to create a living, breathing nightmare for his opponents - or rather, a dream. Rather than enhance the negativity of the Demonic residents of Hell, Medomai is able to craft an illusion tailored to the enemy based on the possibility of what could be. Hopes and aspirations are woven into a tapestry of potential, a fleeting visage of a brighter future.

An indomitable, powerful defensive support for his allies, Medomai is also able to craft a psionic link between his allies and tether a line of mental and emotional communication between the group allowing for a more cohesive unit on the battlefield.

Weaknesses, Annoyances, Dislikes, Fears:

While Medomai boasts a powerful array of mental abilities, his arsenal his weakened by distance, environment, and the strength of will possessed by his opponents. His illusions, while extremely potent, are exactly like the Mirror Shield that serves as his weapon of choice - an exact reflection, but as fragile as glass. A wide array of factors and concentration must be applied to his grander illusions, and should the will of his opponent see through the illusion, or the spectacle falter, the mental deception is easily shattered and cast aside.

The Mirror Shield itself is a powerful weapon, and a nigh-immovable object in the defense against magical, mental, and emotional based attacks. That being said, the utility it boasts does not extend much farther beyond these things, and is extremely ineffective against physical attacks. The defensive nature of the shield also leaves Medomai without a true weapon to attack with, such as a sword or bow. Instead the Cherubim must rely solely on his bestial nature in a physical confrontation, which may leave him at a disadvantage against skilled warriors and Demonic entities of equal scope and size.

Medomai, like many Cherubim, is a voice of reason and logic. The being said, the Scholar of the Seven Sins has a cautious understanding and experience with Hell that few Angels can boast. While he abhors violence, and firmly believes that the initial Fall of Heaven was a direct result of miscommunication, he also believes that many of the demonic residents of Hell are a physical manifestation of the blood of Satan - while they may not choose to be directly evil, it is in their nature to be destructive, manipulative aberrations.

While has never fallen so far as Lucifer to support their extermination, he does caution against the supposed acceptance that many of the Angelic Few have voiced, believing their ideals of redemption to be naive and unfounded. He believes, that as the Demons are born of Sin, they will not view themselves as evil, more akin to forces of nature than conscious actions that contend with the virtues of Heaven. Without fault to accept, redemption is therefore impossible, and reason pointless.

These opinions may be a source of friction with his more loving or accepting counterparts.

x__x

I just need to sit down and write it all out. Been so tired lately, but I'll get it done soon. I'll give it a go tonight, but otherwise my Friday is pretty free so hopefully I get it, and other posts I owe, done then.

I had just edited her CS - did you need me to resubmit or do more with her? It was pretty subtle.

Dang, demons are outnumbered by angels ughh what a disgusting, unbalanced sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.