Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern

FONT 1
FONT 2
FONT 3[/FONT]
Scythe
Wraith
&
Myths and legends. Heroes and monsters. Where do they all come from? Where did it all begin?

Our history books say it all began in the Endless, that unfathomably infinite space which our mere mortal eyes cannot see. There, everything everywhere was birthed into existence. And when all the stars fade, when the sun swallows the earth and our bones explode into dust, that is where everything will return.

Here in Scythe and Wraith, we practice the art of bridging the gap between our mortal world and the Endless, for a place full of infinite possibilities can make us do great things. Impossible things. Godlike things. But it is a source of power that only few can access, for something so great should also be secret, lest it fall into the wrong hands…

Last edited:
Everybody has a dark secret, a hidden evil they keep close to their hearts. Mine is this: I'm a thief of souls.

I had just returned from the dump site–a two-hour drive from Scythe and Wraith–when my body succumbed to involuntary spasms. I kept myself locked in the bathroom of the fraternity house, bent over the sink with a hand clamped over my mouth as I convulsed with every suppressed urge to vomit. I gulped down the bitter taste of spit, the metallic tang of blood, the bits of flesh that had gotten themselves stuck in my teeth. Meanwhile, the discarnate voices of the dead were screaming inside of me, fighting to take control in this rare moment of weakness. They were relentless. I focused on my reflection in the mirror: those tendrils of dark hair pasted with sweat onto my skin, that terrible pallor of fear that renders one unrecognizable, those dark bloodshot eyes that seemed–for a moment–to belong to someone else.

My hands shook. My teeth chattered. My head pounded with a dull ache.

And then, suddenly, it was over. They were shoved back, caged in the depths of my mind where they ought to be, the lock set in place and the key thrown away. I could still hear them–they could never truly be gone, nor did I want them to be–but the volume was turned all the way down, so that now they were mere whispers.

I was in control.

That was when I realized there was a new presence in those dark depths. It was the soul I had stolen earlier tonight, the soul whose unique power had become my own. With little effort, my ears were picking up sounds it couldn't before: beyond the bass of the generic pop song blasting in the next room, beyond my own shaky breaths, beyond the drip-drip of the faucet with the loose handle. I could hear every single person in this house, every syllable uttered, every sigh, every laugh. I let the sounds fade before they could overwhelm me.

Twice, I brushed my teeth. Then, after a quick comb and one last look in the mirror, I stepped out into the hallway and rejoined the party in the living room. Tonight's sole objective was in the forefront of my mind: to find the girl in my visions. Every single decision I'd made in my life now led to this moment, precisely as I had intended it. And yet, mingling with the flutter of anticipation was a cold, gnawing dread. With every step I took, I saw new paths being laid out in front of me: futures where I no longer existed, where this girl became my undoing.

Even so, I was undeterred, wading through the sweating, dancing bodies like a ship cleaving against the current. And then I saw her, standing apart from all the action with a cigarette between her fingers. I looked away so as not to be caught staring and, with feigned exhaustion, worked my way towards the couch she was leaning against.

Once I was close enough, I stumbled deliberately as though I had been shoved, grabbing onto her shoulders just in time to regain my balance.

"Oh, shit, sorry--are you alright?"

Sawyer Kurosawa
Sawyer Kurosawa
Everybody has a dark secret, a hidden evil they keep close to their hearts. Mine is this: I'm a thief of souls.

I had just returned from the dump site–a two-hour drive from Scythe and Wraith–when my body succumbed to involuntary spasms. I kept myself locked in the bathroom of the fraternity house, bent over the sink with a hand clamped over my mouth as I convulsed with every suppressed urge to vomit. I gulped down the bitter taste of spit, the metallic tang of blood, the bits of flesh that had gotten themselves stuck in my teeth. Meanwhile, the discarnate voices of the dead were screaming inside of me, fighting to take control in this rare moment of weakness. They were relentless. I focused on my reflection in the mirror: those tendrils of dark hair pasted with sweat onto my skin, that terrible pallor of fear that renders one unrecognizable, those dark bloodshot eyes that seemed–for a moment–to belong to someone else.

My hands shook. My teeth chattered. My head pounded with a dull ache.

And then, suddenly, it was over. They were shoved back, caged in the depths of my mind where they ought to be, the lock set in place and the key thrown away. I could still hear them–they could never truly be gone, nor did I want them to be–but the volume was turned all the way down, so that now they were mere whispers.

I was in control.

That was when I realized there was a new presence in those dark depths. It was the soul I had stolen earlier tonight, the soul whose unique power had become my own. With little effort, my ears were picking up sounds it couldn't before: beyond the bass of the generic pop song blasting in the next room, beyond my own shaky breaths, beyond the drip-drip of the faucet with the loose handle. I could hear every single person in this house, every syllable uttered, every sigh, every laugh. I let the sounds fade before they could overwhelm me.

Twice, I brushed my teeth. Then, after a quick comb and one last look in the mirror, I stepped out into the hallway and rejoined the party in the living room. Tonight's sole objective was in the forefront of my mind: to find the girl in my visions. Every single decision I'd made in my life now led to this moment, precisely as I had intended it. And yet, mingling with the flutter of anticipation was a cold, gnawing dread. With every step I took, I saw new paths being laid out in front of me: futures where I no longer existed, where this girl became my undoing.

Even so, I was undeterred, wading through the sweating, dancing bodies like a ship cleaving against the current. And then I saw her, standing apart from all the action with a cigarette between her fingers. I looked away so as not to be caught staring and, with feigned exhaustion, worked my way towards the couch she was leaning against.

Once I was close enough, I stumbled deliberately as though I had been shoved, grabbing onto her shoulders just in time to regain my balance.

"Oh, shit, sorry--are you alright?"

@Ghostly Boo
WINDOWS // AWOLNATION

Last edited:
  • Wicked
Reactions: Ghostly Boo
Raven Cross
Raven Cross
RAW RAW // K. FLAY

She couldn't be mad at Reagan even if this wasn't how she planned to spend her night. She'd let herself be convinced after all, and admittedly hadn't put up much of a fight.

She just hadn't expected the crowd. The place was packed with sweaty bodies and the stench of cheap beer.

She'd lost sight of Reagan the moment she'd vanished into the group of writhing bodies. The 'so not happening' zone.

So Raven had taken herself to the quietest part of the room, hugging close to the walls.

The thick stench of marijuana was heavy in the air, a small group sat slouched over the coaches handing around a blunt with sluggish movements.

She'd hung out in worse groups.

She found herself a spot against the armrest of a couch, half sitting, half resting against it.

Soon a cigarette was resting between her lips and the familiar taste of tobacco slid across her tongue and burned down her throat.

"Oi," a voice mumbled over her shoulder.

"Wanna cookie?"

The guy held up a plate, mostly littered with crumbs and half chunks of cookie.

"Eh, no thanks." She held up the stick between her fingers in answer. The guy shrugged and took a chunk for himself.

She turned away from him, returning her cigerette to her lip, when it was suddenly knocked from her grasp.

Heavy hands grasped her shoulders, her own instinctively wrapped around his forearm to steady herself.

She gaped at him stupidly for a moment, her brain struggling to catch up with what happened.

"I…huh?" She blinked at him stupidly for a moment before finally his words settle.

"Oh, yeah I'm good," she said, releasing an awkward laugh.

Realising she was still holding his arm, she quickly retracted her hand.

"Sorry, Ah, are yo– oh fuck!" She scrambled to grab her fallen cigarette before it could burn the floor. Her face burning.

Last edited:
  • Wicked
Reactions: Ardent
The cigarette was unceremoniously crushed underneath the foot of the distracted stoner passing around edibles.

"Looks like I owe you a cigarette," I said as regretfully as I could, but truth be told I was glad for the clearer air between us. All that smoke was making me squirm. It boggles the mind how anyone could stand that disgusting smell.

"Hey, hold on a second. You look familiar. Aren't you Reagan's friend from high school?" I found myself fighting to be heard over the music. "It is, isn't it? You're Raven, aren't you? Man, I almost didn't recognize you without all that baby fat!" I laughed.

"Did Reagan make you come or are you also planning on rushing?"

@Ghostly Boo

Sawyer Kurosawa
Sawyer Kurosawa
The cigarette was unceremoniously crushed underneath the foot of the distracted stoner passing around edibles.

"Looks like I owe you a cigarette," I said as regretfully as I could, but truth be told I was glad for the clearer air between us. All that smoke was making me squirm. It boggles the mind how anyone could stand that disgusting smell.

"Hey, hold on a second. You look familiar. Aren't you Reagan's friend from high school?" I found myself fighting to be heard over the music. "It is, isn't it? You're Raven, aren't you? Man, I almost didn't recognize you without all that baby fat!" I laughed.

"Did Reagan make you come or are you also planning on rushing?"

@Ghostly Boo
REAPER MAN // MOTHER MOTHER

Last edited:
  • Love
Raven Cross
Raven Cross
RAW RAW // K. FLAY

After introducing herself to an endless number of people whose names she'll never remember. Having someone recognise her was jarring, especially when a name didn't immediately match the face.

"Sawyer?"

Holy shit! She hadn't seen this guy in years, probably wouldn't have connected the dots if he hadn't recognised her first. Admittedly she hadn't hung out with him so much when she was younger and after he vanished the stories Reagan had to share didn't exactly shine him in the best light…

"I didn't know you were around," She called over the music.

Reagan hadn't mentioned him at all, making her wonder if she was even aware. She glanced briefly over his shoulder, half expecting the girl to appear.

She let her attention return to him, curious and just a touch wary.

"Can barely hear you," She admitted, giving a small nod towards the side door leading outside.

Last edited:
  • According to Plan
The cool evening wind greeted us as soon as we stepped out onto the porch. A smattering of students hung out on the concrete steps and the grassy knoll ahead, conversations audible now that much of the party music was muffled by the fraternity's centuries-old red brick walls.

"Finally, some peace and quiet, am I right?" I laughed, shaking my head. "Can you believe how crazy that party is? Anyway, I was asking if you were planning on joining Scythe and Wraith. I can put in a good word for you, if you want."

@Ghostly Boo

Sawyer Kurosawa
Sawyer Kurosawa
The cool evening wind greeted us as soon as we stepped out onto the porch. A smattering of students hung out on the concrete steps and the grassy knoll ahead, conversations audible now that much of the party music was muffled by the fraternity's centuries-old red brick walls.

"Finally, some peace and quiet, am I right?" I laughed, shaking my head. "Can you believe how crazy that party is? Anyway, I was asking if you were planning on joining Scythe and Wraith. I can put in a good word for you, if you want."

@Ghostly Boo
TROUBLE'S COMING // ROYAL BLOOD

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Raven Cross
Raven Cross
RAW RAW // K. FLAY

Raven released a soft laugh of agreement, the party was a little wild and over the top but so did most.

"I was thinking about it," Raven admitted. Hands sliding into her jacket pockets, looking up at the old building as she swayed back on the balls of her feet.

"Is this where you've been hiding out?" She asked curiously. She'd heard nothing about the guy over recent years, she was intrigued. "My aunt seemed to think it's the perfect place for that."

She flashed him a small smile. "Very mysterious."

Last edited:
  • Love
I could only laugh.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," I said, crossing my arms. "What can I say? I've got a lot of secrets."

Nodding towards the group of people sitting on the concrete steps, I leaned close to Raven's ear, my voice low so as not to be overheard by anyone else. "Say, notice anything strange about them?" I whispered. "Anything nagging at your brain?"

@Ghostly Boo

Sawyer Kurosawa
Sawyer Kurosawa
I could only laugh.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," I said, crossing my arms. "What can I say? I've got a lot of secrets."

Nodding towards the group of people sitting on the concrete steps, I leaned close to Raven's ear, my voice low so as not to be overheard by anyone else. "Say, notice anything strange about them?" I whispered. "Anything nagging at your brain?"

@Ghostly Boo
I AM ELECTRIC // HEAVEN'S BASEMENT

Last edited:
  • Wicked
Raven Cross
Raven Cross
RAW RAW // K. FLAY

It almost felt like he was challenging her, tempting her with his secrets, while prying into her own. Not that he'd asked, she just felt…challenged.

So when their focus shifted to the group on the steps, his words a warm breath against her ear.

She had to fight her immediate response to call him a weirdo, because they looked like a normal group of drunk guys.

"I guess…one of thems is talking kind of weird…" she finally admitted, fingers fidgeting in her pockets.

"Kind of sounds really far away but then super close as well…" she flashed him an awkward smile feeling just slightly on the edge of crazy.

Last edited:
  • Wicked
I raised my eyebrows. It was easy enough to wrangle an answer out of her. Most people who had such abilities would have either suppressed them into dormancy, or at the very least hesitated from fear of being seen as insane.

"So you're at least an Alpha Two. Interesting." I lied, because of course there wasn't anything interesting about it at all. There were plenty of Alpha Twos at Scythe and Wraith, as was true for most low-level Numbers.

"Has anyone actually told you anything about Scythe & Wraith? Your aunt? Maybe even Reagan?" I said. "I'm just surprised you answered me so easily."

Sawyer Kurosawa
Sawyer Kurosawa
I raised my eyebrows. It was easy enough to wrangle an answer out of her. Most people who had such abilities would have either suppressed them into dormancy, or at the very least hesitated from fear of being seen as insane.

"So you're at least an Alpha Two. Interesting." I lied, because of course there wasn't anything interesting about it at all. There were plenty of Alpha Twos at Scythe and Wraith, as was true for most low-level Numbers.

"Has anyone actually told you anything about Scythe & Wraith? Your aunt? Maybe even my sister?" I said. "I'm just surprised you answered me so easily."

@Ghostly Boo
HYSTERIA // MUSE

Last edited:
Raven Cross
Raven Cross
RAW RAW // K. FLAY

Her cheeks warmed and her palms turned hot and clammy in her pockets. She was feeling exposed, like maybe she'd revealed too much when she wasn't supposed to.

"I wasn't going to at first," She admitted. "I thought you were being kind of weird…"
She gave him a sheepish smile.

"But I was kind of expecting this? Not from you but definitely from someone. My aunt told me a little bit about this place and the type of people they actually accept." She'd only been told there were people like her here with connections to the other side. Her details had been vague enough that she was basically oblivious. '

"I also figured the worst that could happen is that you look at me like I'm crazy. Surprise, surprise, you're as crazy as me."

Last edited:
  • Love
"I don't know what you're talking about. I'm perfectly normal."

But I said all this with a smile and a laugh, trying to keep the mood light as I started back toward the door. I cocked my head, gesturing for her to follow along.

"Come, I'll give you a tour," I said as I stepped inside.

My heartbeat thrummed in time to the music as we maneuvered our way around the living room. It didn't take long until we reached the stairs and, finally, the basement door, whereupon I fashioned a key out of my pocket. The doorknob was quite old. The door itself, a stubborn wooden thing. To an inexperienced hand it would have seemed impossible to open, even when unlocked. But I knew it like an old friend, pulling it towards me as I twisted the key in the hole. Sure enough, it relented, squeaking open as the basement greeted us with its familiar musty smell.

It was a homey place, looking less like a basement and more like a little library. The room was, as far as the eye could see, predominantly red and brown and gold–the latter casted by the iron lamps along the wall, evenly-spaced and flickering like caged fireflies. There were ornate carpets, bookshelves, portraits of the unknown dead, a few mismatched couches and tables, and finally a large fireplace with no wood, no ashes, and no fire.

Stepping over the hearth, I crawled into the opening and straightened myself up in the dim space. There was plenty of room here. It had looked deceptively small from the outside, however.

"Come on in," I called out to Raven. "Mind your head."

Sawyer Kurosawa
Sawyer Kurosawa
"I don't know what you're talking about. I'm perfectly normal."

But I said all this with a smile and a laugh, trying to keep the mood light as I started back toward the door. I cocked my head, gesturing for her to follow along.

"Come, I'll give you a tour," I said as I stepped inside.

My heartbeat thrummed in time to the music as we maneuvered our way around the living room. It didn't take long until we reached the stairs and, finally, the basement door, whereupon I fashioned a key out of my pocket. The doorknob was quite old. The door itself, a stubborn wooden thing. To an inexperienced hand it would have seemed impossible to open, even when unlocked. But I knew it like an old friend, pulling it towards me as I twisted the key in the hole. Sure enough, it relented, squeaking open as the basement greeted us with its familiar musty smell.

It was a homey place, looking less like a basement and more like a little library. The room was, as far as the eye could see, predominantly red and brown and gold–the latter casted by the iron lamps along the wall, evenly-spaced and flickering like caged fireflies. There were ornate carpets, bookshelves, portraits of the unknown dead, a few mismatched couches and tables, and finally a large fireplace with no wood, no ashes, and no fire.

Stepping over the hearth, I crawled into the opening and straightened myself up in the dim space. There was plenty of room here. It had looked deceptively small from the outside, however.

"Come on in," I called out to Raven. "Mind your head."

@Ghostly Boo
WINDOWS // AWOLNATION

Last edited:
  • OMG
Raven Cross
Raven Cross
RAW RAW // K. FLAY

It was hard to feel impressed by the place, it felt old and comfortable all at once. Like wearing your favorite t-shirt despite it being well worn and fraying at the edges.

If she was a more avid reader, this would have been the perfect place.

Of course sitting inside a fireplace wasn't a part of that fantasy.

A genuine laugh slipped past her lips as she gazed after him, shaking her head. "You really are a weirdo. Or maybe, climbing into fireplaces has finally cooked a few brain cells," she quipped.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Perhaps Raven was right about something. I had grown so accustomed to the strangeness of secret society life that I did not stop to consider what an outsider might think of all our little quirks and rituals. But there was also a gnawing impatience inside of me, a violent restlessness that took all of my willpower to suppress. But I defaulted to humor, ignoring the persistent voice of my father who decided it was the perfect time to give me a lecture from beyond the grave.

"Where's your sense of adventure, Ray?" I quipped, peeking out of the opening. "Pretty sure I caught you and my sister trying to summon demons in the closet once. Suddenly hanging out in fireplaces is too weird for you?" But I stepped out anyway, combing back the forelock of hair that had fallen in my face.

"Alright, forget the tour. We'll do that later, after you've been initiated." I dropped onto one of the couches, draping an arm on the backseat and crossing one leg over the other. "Let's do the interview first, then. You can sit down." I motioned to the couch directly in front of me.

Sawyer Kurosawa
Sawyer Kurosawa
Perhaps Raven was right about something. I had grown so accustomed to the strangeness of secret society life that I did not stop to consider what an outsider might think of all our little quirks and rituals. But there was also a gnawing impatience inside of me, a violent restlessness that took all of my willpower to suppress. But I defaulted to humor, ignoring the persistent voice of my father who decided it was the perfect time to give me a lecture from beyond the grave.

"Where's your sense of adventure, Ray?" I quipped, peeking out of the opening. "Pretty sure I caught you and my sister trying to summon demons in the closet once. Suddenly hanging out in fireplaces is too weird for you?" But I stepped out anyway, combing back the forelock of hair that had fallen in my face.

"Alright, forget the tour. We'll do that later, after you've been initiated." I dropped onto one of the couches, draping an arm on the backseat and crossing one leg over the other. "Let's do the interview first, then. You can sit down." I motioned to the couch directly in front of me.

@Ghostly Boo
ほむらの果て | LAMP IN TERREN

Last edited:
  • According to Plan
Raven Cross
Raven Cross
RAW RAW // K. FLAY

Raven was admittedly, a touch excited at the prospect of the initiation process. She didn't have any other options lined up outside of Scythe and Wraith and she knew how selective they could be.

She dropped onto the couch in front of Sawyer. "I can't believe you remember that. We thought we were being so sneaky," she said conversationally.

She threaded her fingers together, holding them in her lap. She gave the fireplace one last glance before returning her attention to Reagan's brother. She wasn't sure how the other girl would respond to seeing them together, to seeing her brother again.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road huh?" She really hoped she didn't look as nervous as she was suddenly feeling. She wished she had another cigerette.

Last edited:
  • Love
"Oh, don't worry, the questions aren't difficult." I gave her a little smile. Her nervousness, as funny as it sounds, made me feel more at ease. I relaxed a little more against the leather couch, the voices of the dead receding ever so slightly now that my emotions were at a more neutral state.

"When was the first time you encountered a spirit? Tell me all that happened, and spare no details."

Sawyer Kurosawa
Sawyer Kurosawa
"Oh, don't worry, the questions aren't difficult." I gave her a little smile. Her nervousness, as funny as it sounds, made me feel more at ease. I relaxed a little more against the leather couch, the voices of the dead receding ever so slightly now that my emotions were at a more neutral state.

"When was the first time you encountered a spirit? Tell me all that happened, and spare no details."

@Ghostly Boo
WINDOWS // AWOLNATION

• Love
Raven Cross
Raven Cross
RAW RAW // K. FLAY

"Just jumping right into the heavy hitters huh?"

She shifted back onto the sofa, tucking a leg against her chest so she could play with the hem and keep her gaze on anything but the guy sitting across from her.

Her first encounter with a spirit had been her own mother. A fun conversational topic that was.

It wasn't a story she could tell without the emotional pain that accompanied it. She had a strong temptation to tell him one of the many other horrible stories she had that involved spirits. Something told her that wasn't going to slide however.

"I didn't realize I was seeing a spirit until after…" She began. Releasing a hard breath, she dived right in. " I was in an accident when I was little, around six or seven? I don't remember specifically so I hope that's not important."

"Anyway, we were crossing this bridge, it was raining and the roads were busy…Fucking idiots driving in the rain like that…" She scoffed softly, turning her gaze away, her eyes hard.

"We ended up in the waters in our shitty, old, fucking car. The jammy doors and seat belts that only like to work at the most inconvenient times. So I managed to get free, the window cracked just enough for me to escape and get to the surface."

She hesitated, feeling the familiar burn in her eyes and tightening in her throat that made swallowing hard. But she was not about to cry in front of this guy, no matter if they had a history or not.

She cleared her throat slightly, dragging her other leg to her chest so she could hug her knees.

"I got back to shore and my m-mum came later,sat right right next to me…even hugged me. God I should have known, she felt so cold I don't even remember her coming from the water suddenly she was just…there." She blew out a short frustrated breath.

"She just felt so real, I could hear her voice…feel her touch like she was really there comforting me. She even answered me when I spoke to her..." She pressed her face into her knees, putting pressure on her eyes to stop any tears. "It was like nothing had happened…" She whispered.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I imagined her story vividly in my head: the relentless rain beating against the windshield, the sudden silence of being underwater, the cold embrace of death. I heard it, saw it, as though I myself had experienced it. I felt such an overwhelming sense of sympathy for Raven that my feet seemed to act of their own accord. I found myself approaching her when I would have liked to stay where I was, to remain distant and uninvolved.

Indeed, my own reaction surprised me. I had already known about her past. I had known about her past long before our fateful meeting. But hearing the full story firsthand–her story, with all the raw emotion behind it–elicited the same feelings in me. Before I knew it, I was sitting next to her on the armrest, rubbing her back consolingly.

"I'm sorry about your mom," I said, blinking away the sudden blurriness in my eyes. "My dad died when I was really young, so I know how you feel.

How did you find out she was... you know," I said. "Although, you don't have to answer any more of my questions. If you want to stop right here, we can."

Sawyer Kurosawa
Sawyer Kurosawa
I imagined her story vividly in my head: the relentless rain beating against the windshield, the sudden silence of being underwater, the cold embrace of death. I heard it, saw it, as though I myself had experienced it. I felt such an overwhelming sense of sympathy for Raven that my feet seemed to act of their own accord. I found myself approaching her when I would have liked to stay where I was, to remain distant and uninvolved.

Indeed, my own reaction surprised me. I had already known about her past. I had known about her past long before our fateful meeting. But hearing the full story firsthand–her story, with all the raw emotion behind it–elicited the same feelings in me. Before I knew it, I was sitting next to her on the armrest, rubbing her back consolingly.

"I'm sorry about your mom," I said, blinking away the sudden blurriness in my eyes. "My dad died when I was really young, so I know how you feel.

How did you find out she was... you know," I said. "Although, you don't have to answer any more of my questions. If you want to stop right here, we can."

@Ghostly Boo
WINDOWS // AWOLNATION

Last edited:
  • Love
Raven Cross
Raven Cross
RAW RAW // K. FLAY

It was surprisingly easy to let herself be comforted by his touch, to feel understood. She wished she had the ability to offer that same comfort back to him. But in that moment her heart ached with old pain, leaving little space for anything else.

"It's okay," she murmured gently. "Might as well tell you the end of the story huh?"

She leaned back into him ever so slightly, fingers clenched in her pant legs. "I had to stay in hospital for a couple of days following the accident. She stayed with me, was the only one I spoke to and would take comfort from. The staff assumed it was from the trauma of the accident, of losing my mum…. It wasn't until my dad came to sign me out and found me sitting in my room alone speaking to my dead mother…"

She gave a dry humorless chuckle. "He lost it. Shouted at me that she was dead and to stop playing games. He just got madder the more I cried that she was right there, right beside me, why couldn't he just see that…"

She grimaced a little. "I guess that's what she'd been waiting for? For someone to tell me and make me understand? She drowned, she's not here, she's not coming back, stop making this harder. My mum just gave me this sad smile, not defending herself. But I guess that's hard to do when you are flickering from existence."

She released a soft sniffle, wiping her cheek against her knees. "Bit of a rude awakening huh?" She mumbled, humor doing nothing to help stop her sudden tears.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I listened with full attention, still gently caressing her back. It was surprisingly easy to get Raven to open up to me. Too easy, even. Perhaps the trauma of her mother's death had been building up for a while, or could it be that she was growing to trust me? It's possible Reagan hadn't told her everything, or if she did, Raven hadn't wholly believed her.

"And let me guess, you've had no visions since then?" I prompted, handing her a box of tissues that had been sitting on the table.

Sawyer Kurosawa
Sawyer Kurosawa
I listened with full attention, still gently caressing her back. It was surprisingly easy to get Raven to open up to me. Too easy, even. Perhaps the trauma of her mother's death had been building up for a while, or could it be that she was growing to trust me? It's possible Reagan hadn't told her everything, or if she did, Raven hadn't wholly believed her.

"And let me guess, you've had no visions since then?" I prompted, handing her a box of tissues that had been sitting on the table.

@Ghostly Boo
DEVIL // BLUE STAHLI

• Nice Execution!