Saving a Shadowed Dimension [Sign-Ups/OOC Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh..I can still offer switching to a guy/creating a new chaacter if you prefer that, I'd just need a day because..I'm on phone now.

I wanna join! I just had an awesome character idea from reading the characters ^^

This kinda reminds me of Sailor Moon.....My sister used to be obsessed with those movies

If it's based on Madoka Magica of all things, I seriously doubt it'll be much like Sailor Moon. That's exactly what I thought when I first watched Madoka Magica, but... phew, was I wrong!

Anyhoway, hi. This RP looks interesting. If there's spots left, sign me up ASAP please. :3 I'll get started on that character.

Are you guys still taking character requests? I'd like to join if you are, if that's ok?

We beg for an IC and then... Nothing... What happened? My deepest apologies Haruka

Aaah, finally done!

I'm noticing that the RP's a bit inactive... hmm. I put a lot of thought into this character, so I sincerely hope the RP can keep on going.

So without further ado...

Name:
Hibiki Himura

Normal Appearance:
blue_hair_boy_by_noctislucisv-d4dvnce.jpg
Magical Girl/Boy Appearance:
commish__circus_guy__by_joberu_uta-d3g38a2.jpg

(Pay no heed to the guy, just the clothes he's wearing. That's what Hibiki wears)

Crystal Color: A darker shade of beige.

Crystal Accessory: It's disguised as the choker he has around his neck. Most of it is plain black, but the back is adorned with the crystal's beige jewel piece.

Magic/Ability:

Light manipulation: Hibiki is able to manipulate light to a certain extent. He specializes in three different methods of light manipulation.

1. Hibiki can bend light to create all kinds of illusions for a short period of time. However, the longer his illusions last, and the greater they are, the more energy they consume. As such, Hibiki prefers to create copies of himself to confuse the foe, giving him a chance to attack. If necessary he can create greater, longer-lasting illusions; however these would require a great amount of energy and concentration, making him unable to fight while generating them.

2. Hibiki is able to alter the brightness of light. He mainly uses this ability in conjunction with the direction control to blind foes, whether it be by shrouding them in darkness or blinding them with intense light. This is limited by the original brightness of the light he is using: the amount it can be reduced or intensified by depends on how bright it was to begin with. Because of this, producing total darkness or an amount of light that reaches a human's absolute threshold is nigh impossible.

3. Hibiki can control the direction of light, though he cannot change its source. As such, he can only focus the light he is manipulating on a place where it is physically possible for it to reach.

A combination of these aspects of his ability are also used. In short, his magic is used as a means of deceiving, confusing, and crippling the foe, rather than outwardly attacking them.

Weapon(s):

Deck of Cards - To reflect his love for stage magic, it seems incredibly fitting that Hibiki's main weapon should be a deck of cards. However, these are no ordinary playing cards. Their edges are as sharp as those of a blade, and they are made of a rather strange material that is as strong as titanium yet as malleable as paper. They have other odd traits, such as the ability to rapidly expand into bigger versions of himself, which Hibiki then uses as shields, and their habit of mysteriously teleporting back to the bottom of the deck after five seconds. He throws them at the enemy like shurikens, though he occasionally uses one of the expanded cards as a close-range weapon, since even at that size they're as light as a feather. Each individual card in this deck of 52 cards has its own unique design.

Harpoon Gun - A less used yet effective weapon is Hibiki's harpoon guns. He can summon two kinds of harpoon gun: the handheld kind, and the kind that is already rooted into the ground. Both of these fire large, spear-like projectiles called harpoons at the enemy that can do immense damage. However, their accuracy is questionable, which is why he prefers not to use them when he can. The handheld harpoon guns fire smaller, more accurate, but less powerful harpoons, while the grounded kind fire large, brute-force harpoons. Additionally, there is a variant of either gun where a rope is attached to the butt of the harpoon, and once it impales the target, it will pull them back towards Hibiki. This is very rarely used, only when close-range combat is a necessity and he has no other way to get within range.

Personality:

Hibiki's way of life is one of unrestrained self-expression. He often does and says things that wouldn't be considered polite or socially appropriate, and he does it with such ease that you'd think he never knew he wasn't supposed to. He isn't afraid to speak his mind even if he isn't asked, or if the time is inappropriate. In truth, he is perfectly aware of social rules and what is deemed appropriate, but he just doesn't care. He conducts himself however he sees fit, not how society or other people expect him to be. And how he sees fit to behave usually depends on his mood. Hibiki's emotions aren't all over the place, but he's a very cheerful and energetic boy by nature, so he can come off as a bit hyper and childish. He's generally friendly towards everyone he meets - sometimes a little too friendly as well. However, when he feels anger, sadness, or other emotions that people might keep to themselves, Hibiki isn't afraid to express them. He isn't afraid to shout or cry or scream, and doesn't see a problem with doing so either. Because of his unrestrained emotions, some people consider him to be immature for his age.

Despite this all-out attitude that Hibiki has, he does have some level of self-control. He is perfectly aware of consequences and how they result from his actions, so if he can help it he will make sure to make choices with the least dire consequences. However, he sometimes isn't able to stop himself from doing or saying bad or irresponsible things when his emotions get the better of him. He's gotten in trouble with the school and even with the law a few times because of this behavior.

Even though he gets relatively good grades in school, Hibiki's somewhat of an airhead. Sometimes he can't catch on to the most obvious things in a conversation, and his train of thought is quick to change tracks, which makes him seem a little random at times. He can also be quite forgetful, sometimes forgetting things as basic as changing into his uniform in the morning. Most of the time though, Hibiki is able to find the humor in his mishaps, and ends up laughing at his own stupidity just like everyone else does.

Hibiki isn't only concerned with his own emotions, however. He has a good intuition for what others are feeling, and is skilled at reading body language, so he's considered a rather empathetic person. He's able to tell when someone is feeling down, and if it's someone close to him he'll usually do whatever he can to make them feel better. He enjoys the company of other people and can get quite bubbly when in a conversation. However, he prefers to be with small groups - perhaps two or three - people at a time, as he finds that talking with too many people in a group at once can get to be a hassle.

In Hibiki's eyes, everyone is a potential friend, so he treats most strangers like friends by default. This can catch some people off guard, and some might even consider it rude that he starts calling them by their first name as soon as they meet. However, he means no harm, and is only trying to show goodwill.

Backstory:

Hibiki's parents were never very outgoing people. They never took initiative, and were always quite laid-back. In fact, they weren't even married in the first place. They were simply a couple who'd decided to have a child without actually committing - something that was rather looked down upon by others. But, like Hibiki himself, his parents didn't care much for society and its opinions. His parents didn't even live together. As a young child, Hibiki lived in his mother's care, and his father would simply come to visit when he felt like it. They would take the infant on their dates as a way to spend time with him, but were never overly interested in him. Eventually, Hibiki's father decided that the boy was too much of a burden, and broke up with his girlfriend, leaving her to take care of Hibiki.

Naturally, Hibiki's mother wasn't much of a mother either. So, as a result, she ended up handing the baby over to her sister - Hibiki's aunt. She lived with her husband, and was far more 'socially acceptable', you could say. From then on, Hibiki grew up in their household, under strict rules.

Hibiki wasn't always as energetic and random as he is now. Hibiki's aunt raised him in a household which valued respect and responsibility, so he was always expected to rise to the occasion. As a child growing up he did just that, having little other choice. This resulted in him being the top of his class in grade school, being quite popular, and very mature for his age - quite the opposite of what he is now. However, deep within, he harbored a secret hatred for it all. He felt like a bird trapped in a cage, unable to make choices for himself because society's expectations and rules were always pushing him in the other direction. He longed for freedom. He hated to keep all these feelings locked inside, too, but figured that nobody would understand.

Then came the breaking point. At the age of eleven, Hibiki decided he just didn't care anymore. He confessed all his true feelings about the way his life was going and the pressure he was undergoing to his aunt and uncle. As predicted, they did not understand, instead scolding him for being just like his no-good parents. Hibiki didn't give in, however; he was persistent, and began ignoring the expectations placed on him, trying his best to live a carefree life in which he could express himself. The change was a difficult one at first, what with his aunt and uncle's constant reprimanding, as well as steadily decreasing grades and the loss of friends.

Eventually, Hibiki finally managed to tune it out. He managed to tune out the noise of the opinions, the criticism, the expectations, all the useless stuff, and focus on what he thought was important. He considered it a skill that he had - to be able to disregard such things as white noise. This was how he continued his life from then on, into middle school and high school, where people actually began appreciating him more, surprisingly. Still, he never got back to that 'high' status that he had in grade school; not that he cared. His aunt and uncle, after a few years, finally gave up on him, labeling him a lost cause and promising him that he would be out of the house by adulthood.

Well, then again, even white noise can be pretty annoying. Hibiki's troubles aren't over yet, as he knows that his problems will only increase as he goes into adulthood. He's afraid he won't be able to blot the noise out forever.

Wish: To erase the white noise: make it so that no more expectations, rules, responsibilities, requirements, and otherwise are imposed upon him by society anymore.

Other:

Hibiki is fascinated by illusions, and the seemingly inexplicable. Because of this, he's a big fan of magic. (stage magic, not real magic. Though I guess real magic too, since he's a Magical Boy) Whether it be sleight of hand, smoke and mirrors, or other tricks, the deceptive nature of magic amazes him. He is both bedazzled by the trick itself, and engrossed in trying to find the method behind it. In his opinion, the best part is figuring the trick out, and then using it yourself to trick more people. As such, he's taken up learning magic tricks as a hobby. When it comes to real magic, since it truly is inexplicable with no real interesting method behind it, he doesn't give it too much thought. In other words, he prefers the imitation over the real thing.

Hibiki's fighting style is almost contradictory to his personality. While he's generally a nice, outgoing guy, he prefers to play it safe in battle. Believe it or not, he does value his life, so he always makes sure he's playing his cards right (lolololo) and goes for the long-distance approach with his deck and guns. He'll only go all-out if he's in a pinch, and realizes that he won't win unless he plays more offensively.

It's my first SU in quite a while, so I get if it may be a bit jumbled/not so good. But yeah. :3

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I finally posted :/ so sorry >.<

Sorry for the wait, I've been sick this week and slacking on getting my intro done as a result. I'll try to get it up before the end of the day.

Here is mine!
  1. Name: Myūjikaru Naikō (Karu for short)

Normal Appearance:
    images.jpeg

Magical Girl/Boy Appearance:
    Unknown.jpeg

Crystal Color: Purely clear, but when held up to the rising full moon glows a faint aquamarine color.

Crystal Accessory: Karu's crystal can be found on an expensive pendant around her neck. It is cut in the shape of a teardrop, and always hangs around her neck under her shirt or a scarf.

Magic/Ability: Karu has the ability to bend water at will. Her power is limited, however, because she cannot perform this task without being fully hydrated. Karu can also harden the water into solid ice, and can manipulate the temperature around her if there is enough humidity in the air for her to control.

Weapon(s): Karu normally does not fight with weapons, as she can use her water-bending abilities. If needed, she can create a sword out of water. Thin and sharp, it can be tougher than steel and has a hilt made of intricately carved ice.

Personality: Karu is very passive and calm. She is slow to anger, but at the same time her constant state of content makes others think she is bored or depressed. Raina is quiet and intelligent, never really adding to the conversation being held unless she hears a mistake or can add a quick comment, but then quickly returns to her isolation when her turn to speak is over. She always has her headphones with her, feeling that music is the only way to truly escape and forget her sad past, if even only for a few minutes.

Backstory: Karu was the second child born to a family of seven, with an older brother, two younger brother and three younger sisters. Karu and her older brother, Farren, grew very close over time. Karu's quiet, introverted personality melded well with Farren's hot-headed, outspoken nature, and they soon became best friends. However, soon they ran into trouble. Burdened with having to care for seven children as well as themselves, Karu's parents quickly ran out of money, which meant until they got back on their feet, their children would have to be taken care of. Farren and Karu, determined to stay together, both went to stay with their elderly grandmother. They were content for a short time, until their grandmother died of a heart condition soon after taking the children in. Karu was nine.

2. They were both sent to a foster home, where Farren was quickly adopted without Karu. Karu was devastated. Now separated from her voice, her rock, she became more shy than ever, not making any friends and avoiding adoption with her frosty nature. When she was 14, she was adopted by a rich family, and they frequently doted on her, showering her with expensive gifts hoping to make her happy. Their efforts were in vain, unfortunately, because Karu, still saddened at the loss of her brother, frequently told them, "The only gift you could truly give me would be the return of my brother," after which she would return to her isolation, avoiding human contact as much as possible except during school, where she excelled but did not make many friends.

3. Wish: To be reunited with her older brother, whom she was separated from at a young age.

4. Other:
    -Karu can play the guitar and flute, because when she was adopted she was enrolled in music lessons.
    -Her first gift from her adoptive parents was an mp3 player and headphones.
    -Naikō is not her real last name. Her real last name is Utsukushī, but she changed her last name to that of her foster parents out of respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
[ I would love to join, but I've never watched Madoka Magica. I can if you want me to though ^.^ Is it 100% necessary to watch it if I want to join this roleplay? ]

It's not needed, basically is just took some parts of it, but it's not based on it :)

Name:
Leonidas Galia.

Normal Appearance:
tumblr_m146of2cTA1rp30e7o1_500.jpg

Magical Boy Appearance:
Wears a tuxedo-like outfit, but lined with blue-violet coloring. His crystal on his ring also shines brighter, and his eye color is changed to that of his crystal color. The tie on his tuxedo is also striped with the color too.

Crystal Color:
Blue-violet.

Crystal Accessory:
A ring.

Magic/Ability:
Shadow manipulation. Here are examples:
  • The ability to morph into a shadow, whether 3D or 2D (Standing on ground or a shadow on the ground. Medium ability use, prolonged usage can weaken him.)
  • The ability to make shadow minions that can attack, and they also vary between 3D and 2D. They are very weak in defense - in the sense that if they're hit by an attack once they vanish and do not come back. (High ability use, can weaken greatly depending on how many shadows are cast out at once. Once they are killed, the shadow power is returned. But during the time of which they are alive, he is more vulnerable.)
  • Cast out partial shadows to attack, grab, carry, pull, push, etc. and not make a full-body shadow (Like making a bigger, shadowy hand to attack at a longer range or pick up something heavier, or make a shadowy sword for melee combat, or even a bow for ranged combat. This doesn't weaken him if not at all [depends on how much he uses it in one sitting] and is most effective and used in battle).
Weapon(s):
  • Uses a heavy, dark, metallic chakram. When it is concealed, it is folded into a small spiked mace that can also be used for combat (Chakram folds like a fan, except it folds from a full circle instead of half circle).
  • A sword made from his shadow manipulation abilities.
  • A bow made from his shadow manipulation abilities. This form is not ideal for him - he specializes in melee combat and does require additional training for bow use.
Personality:
Quiet and shy, Leo doesn't come off to be someone who might save your life someday. He is often times underestimated by his personality and lack of physical activity (at least, seen by publicity). In the past he had been bullied by his smaller stature in his previous years, so now he gets offended, or even hothead depending on the person, if insulted by his physical form. Leo likes to sing and write stories (and even has his own diary, but he would feel very embarrassed if anyone read it) and often hums tunes and creates literature in his free time.

Backstory:
  • Leo grew up with a dysfunctional family. His father was a drunk, and when things got bad he hit Leo or swore to him that he'd kill him. His self esteem was vanquished by his father and all the terrible things he used to say - how disappointing he was and how stupid of a son he was.
  • His mother was very kind to him, and divorced her husband after finally finding a steady job. She later remarried to a nice man, whom Leo calls his dad because he was more of a man than his real "father" ever was. Leo loves his mother, and helps her as much as he can.
  • Due to dealing with his father until he was 14, he grew up with a bad case of anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder. He doesn't like to talk about his feelings either, and has a phobia of crowds and insects. In very stressful or sad times, he can experience panic attacks.
  • Just last year, his mom was diagnosed with cancer. Leo's depression grew with this, and he has been working two jobs to try and raise money for treatment.

Wish:
For his mother to always live happy and be cured of her cancer. That's all he wants.

Other:
  • He's bisexual.
  • Scared of the dark.
  • Favorite food is Italian <3
  • Will stick up for others if they get bullied.
  • Has to sleep with a light on in his room.
  • Loves the color red.
  • Has a secret diary, that's filled with his past, dreams, feelings, drawings, and even stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay...I'll be straight with this.

Um....I'm really sorry to say it,but I've lost my interest and motivation to continue this RP...and to just RP in general.Nobody probably noticed it,but I haven't been going online here regularly like I used to.Stuff has been going on in my life,both personally and in school.Yeah,you guys might've guessed that i'm talking about finals for the school part....or maybe naa....whatever.

...but yeah.As much as I mentally want to continue this,I just don't have the motivation to do so anymore,and to be honest I don't know why.I guess this is also my farewell for this site...maybe? *shot8

Idk,I've just been unmotivated and busy-ish lately...then this summer I'll be busy doing community service...as if anybody cares xD

And....yeaa.

I do truly appreciate the number of users who made an effort to create a form and sign up for this RP,expressing their interest,and the like.I guess I'm just not ready to host a RP....and to be honest,the number of participants got me overwhelmed.But yeah.

...sorry for being irresponsible....and sorry for making this long.

...thank you for taking time to read this tho... ^^;

Hey, don't worry about it, real life always comes first. :3 I hope everything works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.