Sanctuary

((I do. It sounds entertaining))

Sky grinned, "Thanks."

The blonde frowned when she saw Inane blink and shake her head. Skylar felt her stomach twist into knots. She knew that look. What had the actress seen? What was she thinking? Did she think it was a trick of the light? Oh Sky hoped she did, the blonde was more relaxed then she had been in a long time - probably more than was safe at the moment - and genuinely liked Inane's company so far. The writer would hate to have their new friendship shattered because Inane found out that Sky wasn't all girl like she thought and flipped out.

Inane rested there silently as a small smile appeared on her lips as her back was warmed by the sun. "You know what I think the best part about swimming in Sky? Laying out in the sun afterwards and getting all nice and toasty warm and dry before you actually get dressed again," she said as she tossed her little imaginings away. Why would she think that about the other woman?

Inane had a decent love life, she'd like to say. She'd dated a few people; men and women alike. She was used to thinking of women as gorgeous and men as handsome and sometimes wishing there was such a creature that could satisfy both sides of the relationship--the woman's ability to understand and the man's ability to satisfy and protect. But why she would think of Skylar that way was beyond her. She'd only met the girl a few hours before.

((Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I've been having a mental roadblock for the last few days. )

Sky grinned nervously, letting out a small sigh of relief. Either Inane had noticed something and was thinking she imagined the whole thing or she hadn't noticed anything at all and Skylar was just being paranoid. Well, the writer was almost always paranoid. Being paranoid had saved Sky some awkward questions and situations a lot in the writer's short life.

"It is nice," the blonde agreed, stretching out, "but I like the actual swimming part best myself."

((It's fine, I totally understand))

Inane laughed as she shifted a bit more to get comfortable so that she was laying on her back again. Smiling she let her mind wander over everything that had happened over the day.She was tired, she concluded. That was why she had imagined one of them on Sky. Shaking the idea out of her head she grinned and snuggled into the slowly warming up seat.

"I don't blame you. It can be really relaxing. If you ever don't find me int he apartment during the night, you can normally find me up here. I don't like to swim by myself but it still relaxes me when I do." she told Sky just in case she ever had the restless feeling while Skylar was staying with her.

"I'll keep that in mind" Sky said. The blonde doubted that she'd come up here at night unless she needed to speak to Inane about something or Inane invited her along. Sky liked to swim, but at night the writer tended to prefer grabbing a good book and curling up with it, but she would definitely keep in mind that Inane might be up here late during the two weeks Sky was the redhead's guest.

Inane fell silent again for a little while, simply listening to the settling of the water and the noise of the generators of the building. All of it calmed her--not as much as real scenery would have, but enough that she was able to close her eyes and relax a bit. She actually fell asleep for a few moments before she jerked awake, feeling bad at having fallen asleep on her new housemate, but she didn't say anything in case the other woman hadn't noticed.

"So, I'm going to go back down soon," she announced as she shifted.

Skylar's eyes snapped open at Inane's voice. The blonde had zoned out and had dozed off for a bit in the comfortable silence. "Mmm'kay." the writer drawled, it had been too long since she'd been this relaxed. It was nice and...well, relaxing "Sounds like a plan to me."

Inane grinned and got up, pulling her towel up around her to shield her body against the cool air of the elevator. Closing her eyes she stretched a little and then smiled over at the other girl. "If you want to stay up here you can. I can leave my door unlocked so you can come back whenever you want," she offered as she walked towards the exit to the pool after picking up her shoes. She shivered as she reached up and pushed some of her straggly damp hair out of her face from where it had landed across exposed, dry chest skin.

Sky shook her head and, pulling her towel tightly around herself so nothing could be seen if her damp clothing shifted and clung to things when she stood, stood up and grinned. "Nah, it's okay. I've got the urge to swim out of my system for now, so I'll go back down with you." Walking to where the blonde had put her shoes, she slipped them on and then walked to the elevator with Inane, trying to ignore how pretty she thought the other woman looked with her hair falling like that.

Inane smiled over at her before she entered the elevator and rested with her back against the hand rail. Giggling she reached over with her foot and hit the floor number they were on and then put her leg down before she shifted nervously as she waited for the ride to be over. "Well if you have any more urges just tell me and I'll try to make something to take care of them all right?" She said, "like if you need me to give you some time alone for whatever reason I can always head out and grab food or go to the park or something. It's no big deal. Everyone needs a little alone time even if they are supposed to be doing work."

Skylar chuckled at Inane's antics, deciding she was cute when she giggled. Leaning against the wall of the elevator, the blonde blushed when she understood what Inane was implying. With with a cough, Sky tugged on a lock of damp blonde hair, trying to get her face to cool down. "Er, thanks but I think I'm good. ...But if I do have any of those urges I'll give you fair warning."

The woman smiled over at Skylar and then giggled at her blush. "It isn't anything to be embarrassed about you know," she said, "Sometime people just need time alone with nothing to bother them. I need those kinds of time all the time since I have to deal with silly people all day or risk losing my job. They tend to be the only time I can really relax. That or when I'm swimming and no one else is around." She quickly skipped out of the elevator before crying out as she dodged running straight into a young man of about twenty or twenty-five who laughed at her and kept walking with a shake of his head until he was holding open the elevator door for Sky. "Sorry Nathan."

"Don't worry about it Inane," the man said before motioning for Skylar to exit the elevator. "You are with her right?"

Sky nodded at the man, grinning at Inane. "Yep. I'm Skylar. Nathan right? Nice to meet you." Sky slipped out of the elevator walked over to Inane and then waved at the man. Swimming had really relaxed the blonde and the writer was in a friendly mood. Normally, Sky would have been very short and somewhat cold with Nathan but all Sky felt was calm and cheerful. She felt light, it was kind of odd.

"My pleasure," Nathan said as he looked Skylar up and down with a playful eye before he led the elevator doors shut with a ding so he wouldn't get smacked.

Inane giggled and shook her head. "You'll have to forgive him. He can sometimes be the biggest flirt, but he's a nice guy," she explained as she skipped down to her room and opened the door, waiting for Skylar before she skipped in before giving a small cry as her wet footsteps slipped on the floor. By some miracle she went sprawling over the couch, bum sticking straight in the air as her legs hung over the edge of the couch.

Sky blushed slightly but felt a laugh build up in her throat, she seriously doubted that she was his type, unless he was Pansexual and even then, the writer wasn't sure is Nathan was Skylar's type, whatever that was. "I can tell," she said dryly with a roll of blue eyes as she followed Inane into the apartment. "At least he's nice and not an ass, yeah?"

The blonde jumped slightly at Inane's squeal and watched in fascination as the actress managed to fall over onto her couch. Biting back a laugh Sky asked, "Need help getting up there?"

Inane looked over her shoulder with a bright pink face and fought to bring her legs up over the couch's side so that for a moment she was hidden by the back of it before she popped up and smiled. "Got it!" she said triumphantly before she burst into laughter at her own mistake. Getting up she stretched and then blinked. "Would you like to take a shower first? I only have one bathroom so we either can share or take turns. I'm not picky. I've shared bathrooms with roommates before but if you rather not that's fine too. I can see about ordering up some food or something, find the movies or, you know, other things."

Sky could feel her face heat up. Share? People actually did that? Okay so the blonde knew that her brother and one or two of his boyfriends, mostly his current one since they'd been together for years, shared showers often, but that was different and Skylar had never heard of people who were just friends doing that. "Um, I'd feel more comfortable taking turns to be honest." The writer tugged at her hair and shifted nervously. "I hope you don't mind, but I've never shared a shower with someone before and... uh yeah." Sky gave a nervous grin, as long as Inane didn't find out Sky's secret, they'd be golden.

The young woman smiled over at her and nodded. "All right, that's fine. What kind of food do you feel like this evening? We could order in some pizza and relax and watch some movies, or we could go out. It really is up to you. Or did I already ask that? Sometimes I forget what I've said and not," she said with a laugh as she pushed herself up from the couch and made a few steps to a pile of order out menus she had before pausing and looking at the young woman with a bright smile, waiting for her to make a decision.

Sky smiled, "Pizza and movies sounds good to me." Actually it sounded like heaven to the blonde at the moment, today had been a long day and all Sky wanted to do was unwind as best as she could. Skylar figured she should count herself lucky that she was the Character Writer for Inane and not someone else who dragged her all over the place for the two weeks she'd be shadowing them. Compared to most of her co-workers, Skylar was very lucky. "Like I said earlier, I'm not a picky eater, so you can pick whatever toppings you want."

Inane nodded and skipped over to the phone to begin ordering before she considered the multiple menus and ordered a little of everything so that for the next few days it would be microwave days if Skylar didn't mind. By the time she was done with the orders from places she knew personally had good food--pizza, pasta and Japanese--she was completely dry and laying down on the couch with her legs thrown over the back of it and her head laying back, hair brushing the floor as she let her arm flop down beside her with the phone and she yawned, going still for a little bit as her eyes closed. AS silly as it might have appeared, the young woman actually fell asleep as she lay there, the exhaustion from the interview and preparing finally hitting her. So many things could happen in one day and she didn't want to deal with it any more even if the other girl was nice and friendly.