Sanctuary

Sky thought about. The blonde would rather not go, but she was supposed to be shadowing Inane to see her day to day life and Skylar knew that included a few parties now and again.

"Well. it's really up to you, I'm supposed to be shadowing you to take notes on your daily life and I can't really do that if you make exceptions for me, so if this is a party you'd normally go to then we should go. It's your choice."

"Well, normally I would go to it, but I mean if partying isn't your thing we could just stay an hour and then leave. I don't want to make you too uncomfortable, even if you are supposed to be shadowing me," she said as she turned down a long row of apartment buildings of the higher quality. She pulled into a parking garage across from one and got out. "Well that was a short trip. I didn't think that you'd live so relatively close to me. That'll make things easier on us if we ever need to go get you more things over the next two weeks." She walked around to where Skylar had put her bags and pulled them out before holding one out for Sky to take, keeping her body between the other girl and the last one. Inane was intent on helping the other woman.

Sky nodded her head at the compromise, "I suppose that'll work. Thank you, parties really aren't my thing even though I have to go to them every now and again for work." Skylar got out and grinned, "I don't think we will, but it's nice all the same." Taking the offered bag from Inane, the blonde raised an eyebrow, "I can carry both bags you know, you don't have to help me, but thank you."

"I don't mind helping silly," she replied, "It makes me feel less rude if I do." She carried bag behind her, smiling up at the concrete sky before looking back at the other young woman and motioning for her to follow her to the sidewalk and then across to the apartment building. Within ten minutes they were up on her floor.

"The pool is on the top floor, so it's a elevator ride up and then back down," she informed Skylar as she fiddled with the key to her door before pushing it open for Skylar to enter. "The bedroom that looks like it has never been used is for you." The other was currently in the process of being what appeared to be destroyed by a tornado.

Skylar grinned and nodded, "Alright." Grabbing the two bags, Sky walked down the hall, chuckling when the blonde saw what must have been Inane's bedroom. It looked a lot like Sky's had when she had been in her early teens, like a hurricane had come through it followed by a stamped of elephants. By her mid teens, Skylar had calmed down and kept her bedroom neat and organized, but the mess suited the redhead.

Getting to the room that would be her's for the next two weeks, Sky looked around. It was airy and open compared to Sky's own cozy little flat, but it was nice all the same. Walking over to the dresser and the closet, Sky started unpacking. It was okay to live out of suitcase for a few days but not two weeks. Finishing quickly, Sky let out a sigh and cracked her back before wandering off to find the actress.

((So I have been trying to find a picture to match Inane, but... I can't find it. Did we set it up before hand through a pm o r did we just describe them (can't find that in the thread either)?))

Inane had went first to the kitchen and gotten herself a drink before going to her bedroom and finding a swim suit. She laid it out on her bed in case Skylar still wanted to go swimming before lounging out on the bed, stretching as much as she could. Small, cute, purple bunny slippers were hosting her feet that stuck off the side of the couch, giving away her position there. As she waited she yawned and stretched, laying on her side as her eyes slowly slipped close. While her eyes were closed her other senses were wide open.

When she heard the footsteps of the other girl she smiled a little and waited until the footsteps got closer before she popped up from where she lay, a kidish grin on her face. "So, Miss Skylar, enjoy your room?" she asked. Somewhere along the way she had grabbed a pair of kitten ears and put them on her head in an effort to get Skylar to laugh. With bunnies on her feet and cats on her ears, she looked an awfully funny picture.

((We set it up before hand in PM's. I have the pic saved one my computer though (since she looks like one of my novel characters, not 'cause I'm a creeper) did you want me to link it?))

Sky blinked as Inane popped up with a grin on her face and wearing cat ears and purple bunny slippers. What the... Oh well, Sky was here for two weeks, it would be better to roll with it. It could be fun.

"Um yes, I did, it's very nice, thank you." She let out a small giggle, "Um, what are you wearing? Not that it isn't nice but it's just a little... odd." She grinned, "It suits you though." It did, and Skylar made a mental note to add wacky accessories to the list of character traits for Inane's character of the drama

((Oh thank goodness. I was afraid I'd have to find another picture for her. Thank you, if you wouldn't mind linking it?))

She laughed at Skylar's explanation of her outfit as 'odd'. "You can call it funky, odd, whatever you want. It's true," she said with a large smile before she got up. "And these are kitten ears and these are bunny slippers. What's not to understand about that?" With each explanation she pointed to them with a wink at the woman before considering the woman. "So, do you still feel up to swimming? At this time of day we should have the pool to ourselves if we go now, but if you'd rather we stay and relax then that's fine to."

((No problem. Here: Sonya.jpg))

"Oh I see," Sky said dryly with a grin. "It suits you."

The blonde perked up at the mention of swimming, "Sure, we can go swimming now, I can relax later. Just let me go get changed." With a smile, Skylar walked back into the guest room that would be hers for the next two weeks. Closing the door, Sky stripped out of the clothes and grabbed the swim trunks she'd packed, pulling them on along with the over-sized black t-shirt. Grabbing her towel Sky skipped out into the living room. "Okay, we can go."

(( thank you <3))

Inane pulled on a halter top style swim suit of a light grey color that was mixed with shades of blue and greens that pointed out ever part of her femininity. Pulling a wrap around around her hips and grabbing a towel, she trotted out to meet Sky. With a giggle, she grabbed Skylar's hand after making sure she had her key and pulled the other girl towards the door. "Come on then," she said as happily as she could without sounding overly insane. She released the girl as she opened her front door and the hopped down the hallway tot he elevators.

Sky laughed as Inane pulled her toward the elevator. The redheaded woman was excitable from what Sky had seen so far, and the writer had to admit that it made things fun and interesting. As they waited for the elevator Skylar looked at Inane. She looked nice, that swim suit was a bit to feminine for Sky's taste but it suited her.

Stepping into the elevator, Sky started drumming her fingerings on her thigh. She loved swimming and hadn't been able too in quite a while, she was excited.

Inane was bouncing in the elevator, her naturally cheery attitude showing itself until the elevator opened to a large room with a set of windows showing the afternoon sky with a long pool and a diving board. Inane skipped over to a set of chairs and put her towel down and pulled the wrap around off. Within two minutes she had braided her hair out of her way and went to the diving board. In she dived, sinking to the bottom before she came back up for breath, loving the warmth of the heated pool. Her giggle as she pushed a few stray strands of her hair out of her face echoed through the room.

Skylar grinned and placed her towel on a chair next to Inane's before walking to the edge of the pool and sliding down so she was sitting on the edge. Sliding he legs into the water, the rest of Sky's body quickly followed and the blonde let out a happy sigh, before taking a breath and submerging herself under the water and doing two quick laps before coming up for air. "This is heaven. Pure heaven."

"I'm glad you like it," Inane told the woman as she swam over slowly. Inane ducked under the water and swam over to Skylar as silent as a shark and grabbed her ankle, pulling her down before she kicked back, out of reach, laughing as she surfaced. She was like a young child at the pool--playful and mischievous. And totally free from the outside world.

Skylar let out a small shriek when Inane pulled her ankle. Laughing Sky started chasing Inane around the pool determined to get the girl back. Good god, this felt great. It had been a long time since Sky had let loose and played around like this. It was nice

Inane laughed and tried to swim away only to get trapped in a corner in the end. She was laughing so hard that she had to hold onto the side so that she didn't fall pray to the water that lapped at her chin, strands of red wet hair falling around her. "Gods, I haven't had this much fun in a pool in a long time," she gasped as she held out a hand to motion for Skylar to pause so she could catch her breath.

Skylar grinned and propelled herself backwards. "Neither have I," she said, "it's actually been about a year and a half, maybe two since I've been swimming. This is nice and a lot of fun. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner, I've been missing out."

Inane tilted her head and grinned at her new friend--for yes, she was starting to consider Skylar a friend rather than a woman that was being made to stay with her for professional reasons. "Why don't you swim much? There are plenty of pools at gyms and the like. And you could probably find a pool easy enough if you really wanted to," Inane asked. Slowly she let herself relax back onto her back and floated after Skylar so she wouldn't have to talk louder and made her voice echo in the room.

"Oh, I've, er, been busy and just haven't really had the time." Skylar lied, hoping Inane bought it.

Well, okay, it wasn't a complete lie. She really had been busy and it had been hard to find time to herself lately and as much as Sky liked swimming, the blonde liked reading more, so the time that Sky did have free was usually spent with books instead of looking for a place to swim. Not to mention the whole changing room thing; Sky could pull off a quick change, but there was always a chance and the blonde did not like the questions that were normally raised when someone found out.

Inane giggled and rested for a little bit, her eyes closing as she rested back. She let the water lap around her as she floated about. Then she gasped, jerking up as her arm brushed against Skylar on accident. She splashed to straighten herself and gave a half-heart laugh, "Sorry about that," she said as she slowly propelled herself away to give Skylar room to do what she wanted before she let her body float up again.