[Samuel x Roman]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
r o m a n
"Naw, thank you, you're too sweet."

Roman was having a lot of fun. After about ten more minutes, he had scored one more point against Samuel and lost two, but he didn't really care about that. What mattered was that he was playing.

He had always dreamed of playing tennis, and he had always thought it was something unattainable. Even now he knew that he would never be a professional player, but he didn't want that. He wanted this, and he had it.

He could understand the hype about sports now. He had always thought that jocks were weird -- he never understood why anyone would actually want to permanently pursue this. But now he got it.

"Hey, do you guys wanna play doubles?" London offered. "Me and Evan against Roman and Samuel."

"Sure, but go easy on us," Samuel said as he passed Evan on his way over to Roman's side, Evan patted Samuel's shoulder to signal that he understood, he wasn't going to go all out on Roman this time.

"Oh we don't need to, we're that much better than you," Evan grinned and Samuel rolled his eyes.

Samuel rounded the net and headed over to Roman and pulled him down for a quick kiss, the time they had spent on the court was way too long without any physical affection in Samuel's opinion.

"I'm glad you're having fun, and I'm not just saying that you're good, you are," Samuel smiled, taking the opportunity to praise him some more now that he was on his side of the field and they were in between games, "But don't get competitive and stupid, please," Samuel mumbled and pressed a kiss to his boyfriend's cheek, "I'd rather you be alive than win, kay?"

Samuel never liked reminding Roman of his limitations. It almost felt like a mean thing to do, despite it was nothing but him showing concern. He knew Roman didn't like being treated like he was fragile, nor reminders of the fact that in some cases his illnesses did, in fact, stop him from doing some things. But they were playing and having fun, jeopardizing that for the sake of Evan and Roman being competitive would be dumb.

r o m a n
Usually Roman would detest anyone who told him to be careful due to his haemophilia -- even if they were right -- but this was Samuel, so of course, this was different. And, he really was right. Playing tennis was amazing but it wasn't worth dying to win a little game.

Roman served first, and London hit it back. Because she was a lot smaller than the three young men, she had to move around a lot more and hit a lot harder, but she still managed to keep up and definitely surpassed her twin. Roman also managed to maintain the rally, though he was still being careful and hesitant in his movements.

After a few seconds of an intense rally, Roman hit the ball down the middle of the court. It whizzed passed London, who was in front, and missed Evan as well, meaning that Roman had scored a point for their team.

"Ha!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Samuel excitedly and proudly high fived his boyfriend for scoring a point. It had been fun playing against him, but he liked being on his team better, it meant he could be a lot happier when he scored.

"Come on, that was luck," Evan scowled, apparently not able to put his competitive nature way completely.

Samuel pointed his racquet accusingly at Evan, "Nuh-uh, don't discredit his skills,"

"But-"

"Stop being a sore loser, you can't say you're better than us when you're too scared to serve," Samuel said. He wasn't the most competitive person, not like Evan and Roman, unless it had to do with soccer, at which it was life and death, but he did enjoy being on his boyfriend's side and helping him win every once in a while he and Evan got competitive.

Evan served while muttering something Samuel couldn't hear and the game was back in full swing. Evan was obviously sending the more difficult balls down Samuel's way, Samuel did the same with Evan. Not because she couldn't take them, quite the opposite actually, Samuel was pretty sure she was the best out of the four, sure she was smaller and had to run around more but since neither Samuel nor Evan had played much tennis before they simply didn't have the technique down.

r o m a n
Roman stuck his tongue out at Evan when Samuel defended him. He could count on Samuel to take his side -- most of the time. Sometimes he sided with his best friend but Roman didn't mind because it was all in simple jest.

They continued to play for a while, each team scoring more and more points until Allison cried and London immediately set down her racquet and went to tend to her baby. Roman was getting tired too, and Stellan and Ingrid had already retired to the chairs nearby to wait for the kids to be finished. So, in the end, they declared a tie, and everything was fine.

"You played way too well for someone who never plays," London mused, her tone humoured. They were back in London and Evan's room in the hotel, and London was changing Allison's nappy on the bed.

"Wow, thanks," said Roman dryly.

"Roman is amazing at like everything he does, I don't know why you would expect anything else," Samuel said sincerely and smiled warmly at his boyfriend.

Evan rolled his eyes, "Stop feeding his ego,"

"I know you don't really like any other sport than tennis," Samuel ignored Evan completely and turned to Roman while talking instead "but you know this is kind of proof that you could do some sports, like, casually, as long as they don't have a lot of like running and body contact,"

Roman was more likely to hurt himself if he fell, but he wasn't actually likelier to fall than anyone else. Samuel didn't want to push their luck, but the possibility of doing something sport every once in a while, like how they had today, made Samuel really excited.

"So there's tennis, and badminton, golf, although golf is pretty boring, oh and swimming," Samuel was sure there was more but those were the ones he could think of on the top of his head, "And you could tone down a bunch of other sports too, like just shooting some basketball hoops isn't really something people tend to hurt themselves doing,"

r o m a n
"Samuel, stop trying to indoctrinate me into the sporting cult."

Roman was obviously joking -- if he could play sport, he probably would do so, but at the same time, he doubted he would be as gifted with art and music as he was now. Those talents had been honed and perfected because he had spent his life inside, unable to join in, and had therefore turned to other hobbies to occupy his time.

"I don't think you'd want him to play sport anyway. He's good at everything, he would wipe your ass if he tried," London teased Samuel, but for the second statement, she turned to her boyfriend. They had a loving and joking relationship.

"Oh come on, I doubt Roman would be beating anyone here at anything sports related, no offence," Evan quickly turned to Roman at the last part, he didn't sound like he meant it too much though, "the rest of us actually exercise daily,"

Evan did have a point, Roman was very good at most things he tried his hand at, but even if he got the technique down quickly he wouldn't have the stamina.

"We did just tie at tennis though, which is a sport," Samuel insisted, defending his boyfriend despite just deciding Evan was right in his head.

"A tie isn't winning, actually, I think we should settle that? Anyone up for UNO?"

r o m a n
"Sure. And then I can crush you, like I'll crush all your hopes and dreams."

So they played UNO for a while, Roman winning three games and London two, and they also played a few other board games while Stellan and Ingrid got some well-earned peace and quiet from the young adults. After a few hours Roman helped his mother prepare a roast dinner for their Christmas meal, and like always, it turned out to be delicious.

After dinner everyone bade goodnight and went to go to bed. Roman took off his clothes, swapped them for pyjamas and laid down beside his boyfriend.

"I love you."

"I love you too" Samuel mumbled as he wrapped his arms around him and cuddled up a little closer, Samuel found a lot of comfort in being close like that to his boyfriend when going to sleep, not that he would need to much extra comfort to sleep tonight, the day had been good and he was tired from playing tennis earlier in the day and then some intense board gaming later, "Merry Christmas,"

Samuel, unlike his boyfriend, wasn't the type of person to show his excitement for things too much outwardly, so when the day came around for them all to go to visit Universal Studios Samuel didn't shake Roman awake like Roman had when they were going to Disneyland, but even so Samuel had trouble containing his excitement this time and anyone who knew him would be able to see that this was something he had been looking forward to.

All morning from waking up, to eating breakfast and getting into the car Samuel had felt extra happy and almost a little bouncy. He had even decided to dress in colours that would match that of a Hogwarts uniform, which was incredibly dorky but he just couldn't stop himself. It was pretty casual and not too out of the ordinary though, he wore a pair of black twill shorts, a white T-shirt, a black hoodie on top and a pair of black and yellow socks. He was not leaving before he had gotten his hands on a pair of actual Harry Potter themed socks. And maybe some other merch, but that was for later, they had barely even arrived at the theme park and had yet to make it to the section themed after Harry Potter.

"So what's the plan? Do we slowly work our way up to the Harry Potter section?" Evan asked, the entire family were standing just by the entrance, Evan was holding a map, to try to see where all attractions were and what route would be best to take. He clearly didn't get it.

"No, we're doing Harry Potter first," Samuel said, not really caring about Evan's opinion. The Universal Studios theme park had plenty of other sections but Samuel frankly did not give a single fuck about The Simpsons. He could maybe consider going to some other things when there was nothing else to do in the Harry Potter section, but it was the largest and a lot of the other attractions were rides anyways, so obviously Samuel wasn't as excited about them.

"But that's like all the way in the back of the park,"

"Evan I don't care, they have literally built it up so it looks like Hogsmeade, and you can see the fucking castle, we're going there first."

"I don't even know what Hogsmeade is,"
Samuel gave Evan an offended look and then turned to his boyfriend with an expression communicating "can you believe this guy," as Roman was just as big of a fan of the book series as Samuel.

r o m a n
It was Harry Potter Day. Therefore, one of the most important days of their vacation.

Roman was dressed for the occasion. He wore his Slytherin crest, as well as black skinny jeans and a black leather jacket. He had done his makeup like he had for Disney, but his eyeshadow was green and silver, and his lipstick was a simple nude shade.

Now, Roman literally shoved Evan into a nearby bush.

"You disgust me."

"Don't abuse my boyfriend," London scolded her brother, helping Evan out of the bush. Roman had Allison strapped to his chest.

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Samuel. Control your boyfriend."

"Um, no, you control your boyfriend, he's the one who doesn't know anything about Harry Potter,"

"Because I'm not a fucking nerd, like you two," Evan said angrily as he brushed off whatever twigs and leaves had gotten stuck on him from getting pushed into a bush. He should have known better.

"No, you're just lame," Samuel then hooked his arm with Roman's and hurried their steps so they would get to the back of the park faster, which caused the other two to hurry their steps as well since Roman once again had claimed their child. It honestly didn't take too long to get the Harry Potter section and soon they were standing in front of the entrance, the Hogsmeade sign dangling above them and all the little stone brick houses with the roof tops covered in fake snow. It was incredible. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if it wasn't so incredibly crowded with tourists in not at all wizarding world appropriate attire, but to be fair their little group was part of said tourists so he couldn't complain too much.

They finally stepped into the are properly and thus they were in Hogsmeade, the actually real lie equivalent and it was absolutely amazing, to their right there was a locomotive meant to look like the Hogwarts express stopping at the Hogsmeade train station, to their left was a number of shops whit names Samuel recognized from the books instantly and in the distance the tops of the replica of Hogwarts castle could be seen.

"I'm not leaving until we have seen everything," Samuel announced to the group but mostly to hos boyfriend as he was looking at him with an expression containing much excitement.

r o m a n
Roman was a hundred percent sure that he had died and gone to heaven.

The entire Harry Potter franchise was a huge part of his life. He had read the books twenty times and seen the movies even more -- the entire franchise was a complex, intricate and beautiful thing that he had been fortunate enough to grow up with. God, it was glorious, and Roman felt the weight of the impact that it had had on the world as he stood in one of the few theme parks that were themed around it. What other franchise had a whole theme park dedicated to it?

"I one hundred percent agree," Roman said. "I am not leaving this place until I have inspected every fucking cobblestone."

"Can we have our baby back, if you decide to live here?"

"No. Go away." Roman turned to his boyfriend. "What do you want to see first?"

Samuel thought about it for a moment, there weren't really too many things to do, there were the shops, the food place in the middle of the area and then all the way in the back there were two rides Samuel was still debating whether or not he would want to go on. One of them you got to visit a bunch of replicated rooms from the castles and see talking video screen paintings and things like that, ending in a ride that was indoors and thus Samuel thought he'd be able to handle it, whereas the other one was a straight up roller coaster. But that was something to think about later, what mattered was what they had other things to look at.

"I want to go look at all the shops," Samuel decided and pointed towards the row of buildings to their right, the first one was Zonco's but a lot of the other little houses seemed to have decorated shop windows as well and Samuel was very curious to see what else they would be seeing by continuing down the street.

"Oh and then we can get their version of butterbeer," Samuel said as they started walking towards the fake shops and moved his hand so he was properly holding Roman's instead, "it's probably not even good but we still need to get it,"

r o m a n
"You're right. It would be a sin to come here and not try their Butterbeer."

They flitted in an out of the shops, making sure to look at everything they had to offer. Roman ended up spending a lot more money than he thought he would -- he bought a sample of every type of confectionary they had in Honeydukes, as well as several items from Zonko's and even a replica of Draco Malfoy's wand. Roman was having the time of his life.

"Ooooh, here's the Three Broomsticks, lets go get Butterbeer," said Roman, steering the others in and claiming a table for the four of them. Allison sat in his lap and Roman handed her a sweet he had picked up from Honeydukes.

Samuel was having the time of his life getting to experience the universe he loved in real life, and not only that but he got to experience it with Roman specifically, who was equally excited and got all the references to things just as well as Samuel. Going in and out and inspecting every shop was a lot of fun, some really felt like they should, whilst one or so was just kind of a shameless merchandise store, but that really didn't matter to Samuel as he had gotten a pair of actual Hufflepuff socks which was all he needed in life.

When they got to Three Broomsticks and had claimed a table Samuel went to go purchase the drinks, dragging Evan with him for help to carry the beverages back to the table. They stood to wait in line while watching the poor baristas trying to make sure the line didn't end up too full of impatient tourist but it didn't take to awfully long and soon Samuel and Evan came back with the drinks and placed out one of each of the fizzy golden coloured drinks with foam on top in front of them.

Samuel took a careful sip of the drink and took a moment to reflect over the taste. It tasted kind of like toffee, but carbonated and a little watery as is was a drink. It was interesting and not really all that bad

"Eh, it's okay," Samuel said shrugged and took another little sip of the drink, "Not really how I imagined it, though,"

r o m a n
Roman accepted the Butterbeer and thanked his boyfriend with a kiss to the cheek. He then raised the beverage to his lips and sipped it.

"Hm ... it's not bad. I expected it to be a little more buttery. Kind of like Butter-Menthols?" Butter-Menthols were a butterscotch-flavoured throat lozenge they had in Australia.

"Yeah, that's what I expected, too," said London. She liked Harry Potter but was more of a casual fan than her brother. She had read the books but only once. "It's not bad, though."

Roman fed a little Butterbeer to Allison, and she seemed to like it, too. All in all, they were having a really good time at the theme park and Roman was glad to be sharing the experience with his family.

"Samuel, whenever you leave your dirty soccer clothes on the floor I'm going to curse you with my wand now."

"Well it's a good thing I have never ever left my dirty soccer clothes on the floor then," Samuel chuckled, it was a blatant lie and everyone knew it. In Samuel's defence, it was because he wanted to get in the shower as quickly as possible and then after the shower he wanted to get cosy in bed and rest after soccer and then he just kind of forgot about the laundry until Roman reminded him.

"Besides you wouldn't be able to perform the curses well since it isn't your wand specifically," Samuel added and took another sip of his drink, now that he wasn't expecting another flavour it was starting to grow on him a little.

"And because magic isn't--" Samuel set his drink down and put a hand over Evan's mouth to stop him from speaking further.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence,"

r o m a n
Roman gave Evan a disgusted look. "You're lucky there are no bushes for me to push you into."

After they had finished their Butterbeer, the small group rose and made their way out to the rides that the park offered. There were only two, which Roman had known, and one of them was a rather scary-looking rollercoaster which Allison certainly would not be able to ride.

Roman turned to his boyfriend with an inquisitive look. "Do you want to go on?"

"I don't know," Samuel looked up at the roller coaster, not sure what to do despite having plenty of time to think about whether or not he'd go on it.

Samuel did handle roller coasters a little better than things like Ferris Wheels. Rollercoaster rides usually weren't longer than ha minute and the carts went too fast for you to really reflect too much on how far up you were. He still didn't like them though, not at all. But he felt like he would regret it if he didn't, the line leading up to the ride we're full of decorations themed after Hagrid's cabin and Buckbeak and there was an animatronic Hippogriff right before going up the first hill.

"I think I want to, but don't be surprised if I change my mind in the middle of the line," Samuel decided, clearly hesitant and with a slightly tighter grip on his boyfriend's hand as he braced himself. Then he turned to Evan and London, "What about you two?"

"Well someone's gotta look after Allison," Evan shrugged, he was the one who cared about Harry Potter the least and thus he could live without going on the ride, although Evan would have probably have found the actual ride a lot more fun than Samuel would. But he was being a good sport about it and held out his arms so Roman could hand him his daughter back.