[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
The sudden shift in tone of the conversation brought a small frown to Roman's face. He took the hand on his chest with his own and laced his fingers with Samuel's, squeezing it gently as he considered the question he had been asked. It was something he thought about a lot, and something that both saddened him and royally pissed him off, because he was sick of being treated like he was not equal to other people.

"Yeah, its a lot more difficult to adopt kids if you're not married," he affirmed. Roman shifted so he was laying on his side and he then laid his head on Samuel's chest, using his boyfriend's muscled torso as a pillow and kissing him on the collarbone.

"But I do honestly think that gay marriage will be legalised sooner than later," he assured Samuel. And he did think that, he was speaking the truth. "Most western countries have legalised it by now and it's a fucking embarrassment that we haven't. We're literally a laughing stock already, so we have to add intolerant to the list of stereotypes about us?"

Roman's voice was growing agitated but he managed to calm himself down.

"And if it's not legalised then we'll get married in Spain and adopt some sweet little kids from Africa and bring them back here. Or, like, if London wants to be a surrogate mother you can knock her up so we can have a kid as genetically close to the both of us as possible. That's a joke, by the way, I wouldn't let you knock up my sister."

Samuel hadn't really meant to turn the topic into an upsetting one on such a happy day, but the thought would have been something he was bound to start reflecting over as he became more comfortable with himself without the society catching up to that.

Roman had obviously had more time to get tired of the inequality, and he was a passionate guy so Samuel wasn't at all surprised by the slight irritation in his tone. And it was a frustrating subject, but if Samuel thought about it he knew Roman was probably right. They were going to be able to get legally married at some point in their life, or if they couldn't they'd work around it because they loved each other.

Samuel would have totally kissed the top of his boyfriend's head and thanked him for assuring him that things would be better for people like them at some point, if he hadn't added the joke about London. Instead he gave him a light flick on the nose.

"Don't joke about me knocking her up," he said with a slight chuckle, "I want kids, but that'd be so fucking weird"

Then he quieted down for a moment before continuing on the topic slightly more seriously.

"I wanna adopt, even if it might be difficult, genetics doesn't really matter," Samuel decided, seeing as genetics hadn't mattered to his own dad, "I don't care if they aren't technically related to us at all, it's loving someone that makes them family"

Now he did want to be affectionate with his boyfriend so he started playing with his hair. As much as some people would frown upon two teens talking about something so far ahead in the future Samuel kind of liked it, it came with the implication that Roman too wanted to continue be with him for as long as possible.

r o m a n
Roman knew that was true, genetics didn't matter. What mattered was that the child was loved and cared for, raised by two parents who loved one another and loved the child just as much. That was why Roman didn't even believe that children needed a mother and a father -- he had seen plenty of people he raised by single parents. It didn't matter who raised someone, what mattered was how the person was raised.

"I know," Roman said quietly. "And, I mean, adopting a child means that that child is taken out of a shitty situation and put into a good one. That's important."

Roman propped his head up on his hand and looked up at Samuel as he traced little patterns on the boy's chest with his index finger.

"And, besides, I said it before but I wouldn't want my son to inherit my illnesses anyway. I wouldn't wish my bullshit upon anyone."

And that was true. Roman hated his illnesses, his haemophilia, his anxiety. He wouldn't want anyone else to suffer from them.

"Mmm, right" he remembered Roman saying that before, despite worrying a lot about his boyfriend's illness though, he didn't always remember all the details, "it's a shame, your kids would be really adorable"

Samuel didn't like it when Roman started thinking about the things he didn't like about himself. Of course, he couldn't stop him, and if he actually needed to talk about it Samuel would gladly listen. But he also wanted him to just feel good about himself.

"Since you're so gorgeous" he smiled and moved his hand from Roman's hair to run it down his face, letting it linger as he studIed his face, he truly was beautiful, "I guess we'll get to see some of you in Allison though, so that's nice"

r o m a n
Roman smiled and nodded. He knew that it was probably better that he didn't have his own children -- he had a myriad of genetic weaknesses and Brooklyn and London had been tested for all of them -- they didn't carry the same genes. He also knew that he would be happy with adopting children, too, so he didn't have that much to complain about.

"I'm still incredibly happy that she has my eyes," Roman said with a small smile, nestling his face into Samuel's chest. "I mean, if I can't give my own children them, I'm glad my niece has them."

Roman looked up at Samuel, the gorgeous man he loved more than anything on the entire planet. "You mean so fucking much to me. I can't begin to explain it."

Samuel smiled, not only did Roman's words make him feel warm all over, but just having him lay with him, being able to look into those gorgeous green eyes was just felt so right and amazing. The way things were then and there were how they were supposed to be.

"Well that means a lot to me to hear" Samuel said and ran his hand through Roman's hair once again "cus you mean the world to me"

He then pulled Roman up closer, changing their positions so they were laying facing each other, it was almost something he did reluctantly, because they had been so cozy, but he wanted better access to his lips so he could kiss him properly. And he did.

"I love you so much I don't know what to do with myself sometimes" he mumbled in Spanish when pulling back, if Roman truly liked to hear the language he was going to speak more of it.

r o m a n
Roman loved hearing Samuel speak Spanish, he loved everything Samuel did, really. He loved Samuel in general. Samuel was beautiful and amazing and perfect and there was no one else for him. No one else in the whole entire world.

"I have no idea what you just said," he said in French, going in for a soft kiss before continuing, "but I'm going to assume it was cute and adorable."

After a night of cuddling and kissing, Roman and Samuel woke up to Christmas morning. Roman sat up groggily and stretched his arms, before looking down at his beautiful sleepy boyfriend and taking advantage of him being asleep to turn him onto his back and another his face with a hundred thousand kisses.

"Hey. Wake up, loser, it's Christmas."

Samuel absolutely loved waking up with Roman, he stayed over all the time so it wasn't a rare occasion but it was just as amazing every time and Samuel couldn't wait for it to be the case everyday.

"Wow, I'm not a loser" Samuel yawned not opening his eyes just yet, because he was sleepy, and the bed was warm and cozy and apparently sleeping meant Roman placing kisses all over his face which made his skin feel all tingly, "Christmas can wait I'm tired"

He yawned again before deciding Christmas couldn't actually wait no matter how much he wanted to spent the day just cuddling with Roman and blinking his eyes open.

He sat up and gave his boyfriend a proper kiss now that he could see his gorgeous face.

"G'morning, love"

r o m a n
Roman grinned and happily accepted the sleepy morning kisses from his boyfriend, returning the kiss with one of his own and also squeezing Samuel into a tight hug. He was excited for the day -- he knew Samuel would love his presents.

He could smell the Christmas breakfast from upstairs, so Roman pulled Samuel to his feet. He handed his boyfriend his pair of slippers, threw on a knitted cardigan and knocked on London's door once they had stepped out into the hallway.

"Come in."

Roman opened the door to find London sitting on her bed with her daughter, feeding, in her arms, and her head resting against Evan's chest. Roman had almost forgotten that he had a niece, and it was an incredibly pleasant sight to see little baby Allison, first thing on Christmas morning. Roman kissed his sister on the cheek in the way of greeting. "Merry Christmas," he said. "Do you need some help?"

"Yeah, that'd be nice," London said. Once Allison had finished feeding, Roman carefully took the baby in his arms, patting her back to burp her as London put her slippers on and looked to her boyfriend.

"Could you help me downstairs, please?"

"Of course" Evan said without questioning it and carefully swooped London of her feet to carry her, which apparently was his way of helping her down the stairs. Samuel naturally worried about them but he knew Evan would be to careful with his girlfriend for something like that to happen.

Samuel have them both a smile as a greeting when they passed him to go down the stairs and Evan returned it.

Samuel was genuinely excited to be spending Christmas at his boyfriend's place. To take part in the hemlock family traditions he wasn't yet familiar with, and and on top of spending time with Roman he got to spend the holiday with his friends in London and Evan as well which he knew would be fun, even if London ofcourse would be spending Christmas Day getting as much rest as possible.

They made their way to the kitchen, Samuel empty handed but following his boyfriend closely so that he could get a peek of the adorable little baby as well, when there Samuel wished his boyfriend's parents a merry Christmas, which reminded him that he would be needing to leave the Hemlock's to go celebrate with his own mother as well.

r o m a n
"Merry Christmas!" Ingrid chirped happily as the four teenagers arrived in the kitchen. She kissed everyone on the cheek, then handed Stellan and Brooklyn plates of bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns and toast to take into the living room, where they always ate Christmas breakfast. It was a Hemlock family tradition.

Prior to the birth, London had bought a small rocker for Allison, which Stellan brought into the living room and set at London's feet. Roman laid the baby in the rocker and sat down on the floor beside it so he could be near his precious niece while he ate.

He glanced at Samuel. "You're going to have to go to church, aren't you?"

Samuel sat down in the sofa to eat, close to Roman on the floor. He'd rather have him next to him because Samuel had realised he was kind of clingy, but he got that he wanted to be close to his niece, she was adorable.

Upon being asked if he would have to leave Samuel nodded. He didn't have to as much as he wanted to spend time with his mum.

"Well yeah, but I'll come back afterwards" Samuel said, "unless they decide I'm to much of a sinner for making out with you all the time"

He said it with a chuckle and poked Roman playfully with his foot.

In a way he was glad he hadn't realised he was gay at a younger age when he was still growing out of being religious. Now the subject of being a sinner didn't bother him much other than the fact that people used it as an excuse to hate people.

r o m a n
It was a well-known fact that Roman didn't like religion at all. He thought it was pointless and stupid but most of all, he thought that it just gave people an excuse to be an asshole. He hated that. He hated that people, specifically his own community, were discriminated against because of some mythical being and the fact that people wanted to make him happy.

But he couldn't deny that it had once meant something to Samuel and still did mean something to Susan Ortega, so he wasn't going to be a bitch about it. Besides, Samuel needed to spend more time with his mother.

"Samuel," Ingrid said softly, having just returned from the kitchen, with a Tupperware box. "These are for your mother. Christmas tree cookies."

Roman smiled. His mother was such a nice person.

"Okay, after breakfast we'll do presents," Ingrid declared.

Samuel gave ingrid a smile and an equally soft "thank you" to Ingrid as he received the Tupperware box. He loved Roman's parents, they had been nice to him since day one despite everything and were always so acceptive. They were the parents his boyfriend deserved, because he deserved all the love he could get.

He loved his own mother even more of course and he was sure this Christmas would be hard for her without her husband and with Samuel barely in the house so knowing that other people cared somewhat of her too was very nice.

After a very lovely and happy Christmas breakfast, that was a lot more talkative than Samuel was used to it was time for gifts just as Ingrid had announced. Now Samuel's excitement was turning slightly nervous, simply because he knew Roman was better at coming up with gifts and because part of his own gift to his boyfriend was kind of embarrassing.

Samuel didn't have siblings and his family usually spent the holiday just the three of them, which meant there weren't much gift giving going, but Roman had two siblings so he assumed it was a bigger deal in the household in general.

r o m a n
As per Hemlock family tradition, the kids gave their parents gifts first. Ingrid received a new cookbook from Brooklyn, a fancy new pair of high heels from Roman and a handmade embroidered cushion from London -- she had taken up stitching and embroidery while pregnant and now she was quite good at it. London had given Stellan a similar cushion, only in her father's favourite colours instead of her mother's. Roman gave Stellan a box set of every single series of The X Files, and Brooklyn gave him a nice new leather wallet.

Then, it was time for the gifts between the kids. Roman and London had pitched in together to get Brooklyn the entire collection of Judge Judy, his favourite show. Brooklyn had returned this with a vinyl record of Panic! At the Disco's Pretty. Odd. album, at which Roman almost fainted, and pretty new diamond hair clips for London. She loved them, also. He had also thrown in a pair of cute booties for the baby.

Then it was the twins' turn with one another. London pulled out a large box and slid it across to Roman for him to open. He did so, and inside sat a collection of eyeshadow pallettes -- Kylie Jenner, Too Faced, Anastasia Beverly Hills and Jeffree Star. Roman actually gasped, his hands brushing his fingers over the Anastasia pallette before kissing his twin on the cheek.

"You're amazing, I love you so much."

"Naw."

London opened her gift, which turned out to be a dress -- no, it was a ballet costume, with a beautiful, bedazzled bodice and long, floaty skirts of white tulle with glitters in the folds of the fabric. London went silent as she pulled the exquisite gown out of the box and let it unfold itself, holding it up so each jewel could catch the light. Ingrid let out a small gasp as she admired the stunning garment.

"Oh my God, Roman, did you make this?"

"Yeah." Roman shrugged like it was no big deal.

London squealed in delight and kissed her brother on the cheek, hugging him tightly. "Oh my God this is amazing. I can't wait till I can dance again, Jesus Christ."

She looked at Samuel. "Give him your gift now."

Watching the joyful event of unwrapping Christmas gifts was really quite fun in Samuels opinion. He liked seeing his boyfriend's reactions to things he liked. He liked seeing his family member be happy with the things Roman had given them.

But it was also further proof that Roman was ridiculously good at gift giving. So when London told him it was his turn to give Roman something it was with slight hesitation he handed over the kind of poorly wrapped present.

London had been of huge help when shopping for Roman, she knew her twin and Samuel was really bad at coming up with gift ideas. He had settled with going the same route as London with makeup, which he knew nothing about so Samuel had awkwardly chosen the colours he found pretty, with some direction from his boyfriend's sister so it was something Roman would actually like.

He also ended up finding a set of somewhat art related enamel pins with motives ranging from a simple black circle with the text "I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you" to a lemon with the words "slightly bitter" on it.

When he asked London she told him she hadn't seen him use anything like that but Samuel had gotten them anyways, they reminded him of Roman so he figured Roman was bound to find them at least a little nice.

The last part of the gift he decided to make after he managed to get London to tell him part of Roman's gift was handmade, after a lot of begging and whining. Which meant no matter what Samuel wouldn't be able to get something equally as nice for Roman by just buying him something.

Samuel knew the gifts really didn't have to be "equal", but he kind of wanted to give his boyfriend something special. He still lacked any kind of skill that could be useful for gift giving, though.

After trying to figure out something to give his boyfriend for way too long he had decided to take a reading break, only to let his eyes get stuck on one of several poetry books in his bookshelf and deciding he could always try writing something for him.

It was a lot harder to write poetry than to read it though, and Samuel had been spending hours upon hours trying to perfect it whenever he was home. He had gotten it to a point where he felt he could actually share it with Roman without dying of embarrassment. And the poem was now written very carefully on a folded over thick paper. It looked like an incredibly plain card. Samuel could have decorated it, but it would have looked horrible and it wasn't as much about the ink on the paper as it was the words.

Words about lips placed on pale skin. Words about an astonishing shade of green and words about happiness and safety. Words communicating "I love you" without the phrase ever being written down on the paper.

"If you show anyone what's written I'm breaking up with you" Samuel warned as he held out the paper for Roman to take, he was joking, of course, he'd never break up with Roman if he got to decide. But he'd be seriously embarrassed and probably a little angry if he did show it to anyone, "Or if you laugh. Don't laugh, please"

r o m a n
Roman happily accepted the gift from his boyfriend, even if the present was slightly badly wrapped. He raised his eyebrow at Samuel's comment -- it was obviously something personal and emotional, which made Roman very excited to read it. "I won't show anyone or laugh," he vowed solemnly.

Roman first inspected each pin, which he adored, and then each lipstick, again, which he adored. He grinned and kissed Samuel on the cheek before opening the card and finding the beautiful poem inside.

Roman's grin slipped off his face as he read, but it was replaced by a soft smile, warm eyes and glowing skin as he read the beautiful words his beautiful boyfriend had wrote about him. God, this was amazing. This was perfect. Roman could not have felt more special in that moment. He couldn't have felt more appreciated.

"I love you," he whispered to Samuel, pulling him into a soft but passionate hug and sneaking a quick kiss to the lips. He was almost in happy tears as he pulled back and handed Samuel his own present.

Inside the box he would find, first, a black leather collar with a pink name tag for Lady. Then, he would find two velvet pouches. Inside one of them was a gold ring, set with a black stone, that had their initials engraved on the outside of the band on either side of the stone. And in the other he would find a silver octagon-shaped locket with a reflective surface. Inside this locket he would find a drawing, so well done it looked like a photograph, of Roman and Samuel, with Roman's chin resting on the other's forehead. He had put a lot of time and effort into his gifts and it made Roman incredibly happy to know that Samuel had done the same.

Samuel was so relieved to see that the reactions to all the gift were good ones, he didn't know what he had really been worrying about. The "I love you" and hug after Roman had read the poem meant the most though, that was what he had been the most nervous about since it was so personal. And Roman liked it. That made Samuel feel all warm inside and it was really nice.

Then it was Samuels turn to open the gift from Roman

The first thing he could see was the collar, which Lady would look absolutely adorable in, a thought he voiced with a bright smile to Roman as he inspected it.

He moved on to one of the velvet pouches. Inside was a locket. And a locket meant it most likely held hid something inside. He carefully opened it to find a drawing, of them. Had he not known his boyfriend's ability to draw he would have assumed it was photography at first glance.

he pulled Roman in for another hug and buried his face in the crook of his neck right away. He was getting emotional about it all and it was a slight attempt to hide it since he was only really comfortable with Roman seeing him like that, although hugging his boyfriend like that was kind of proof of his feelings anyways.

"I can't believe how talented you are," Samuel mumbled, face still slightly hidden, "Thank you"

He pulled back and put on the locket around his neck so that he could move on to the last part of the gift. He opened the pouch and let the small metal object that had been hidden inside fall down into the palm of his hand. A ring.

Samuel was obviously not a Jewelry kind of guy, but still, he loved it. Because it had R.H. and S.O. engraved into it and it was something that acted like physical proof of their relationship.

"What finger do I put it on?" He asked his boyfriend, tearing his eyes from the ring to look at Roman instead, not knowing which one but wanting to put it on right away.

r o m a n
It warmed Roman's heart to see how much Samuel loved the gifts he had carefully selected for his boyfriend. Roman loved nothing more than seeing Samuel happy and he was delighted to see that that had been achieved. Roman happily kissed his boyfriend when he hugged him and then glanced at the ring he referenced.

Silently, Roman gently took it out of his hand, and, after shifting so no one could see, he slipped it into the ring finger of the boy's left hand.

"Think of it like a promise ring or something," he murmured, kissing Samuel on the cheek before they turned back to the rest of the group.

It was then time for Ingrid and Stellan to give their gifts to their children. Brooklyn received a gift card to his favourite restaurant. London received a new pair of pointe shoes, a new laptop and plenty of baby things. Roman received a small box.

In that box sat a key.

Roman's eyes widened. "No fucking way."

Stellan let the swearing slide as he stood up and beckoned for everyone to follow. And they did, Roman springing to his feet and London carrying Allison as Evan carried her out to the backyard, and then to the very back gate, which Stellan opened.

On the other side sat a car. It was clearly not new -- that was obvious by the couple of scratches on the front bonnet -- but it was still in good condition, and it was a glossy black colour that indicated it was probably only a couple of years old. Roman practically fainted as he pressed the 'unlock' button on the key and the lights flashed.

He had a car.

"No fucking way!" Roman kissed his mother on the cheek and hugged his father before opening the driver's seat door and sliding in. He turned it on, and everything lit up as well as Roman's eyes.

This was amazing. He had a car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samuel let Roman put the ring on his finger and smiled at the words, for the rest of the unwrapping of gifts he casually played with it without even really thinking, turning it around his finger because he liked the feeling of knowing it was there, the small piece of metal meant Roman loved him and that in turn, he loved Roman.

Roman, who was currently unwrapping the gift from Stellan and Ingrid. Samuel curiously peeked over to see a car key. Roman's outburst was pretty accurate in Samuel's opinion. Getting a car was kind of a really huge deal. Samuel's parents would probably never had given him something as huge as that, but Roman did deserve something as huge as that and his parents probably knew that as well.

And seeing as their son was moving out in just a couple of weeks getting him a car was a pretty smart choice of Roman's parent's seeing as that meant he could come home to visit without being restricted by a train schedule. Samuel certainly wouldn't complain since that meant he would be able to come visit more often as well.

They all followed Stellan and Roman out to inspect it. It was black, Samuel assumed Roman wouldn't want anything else in way of colour and when Roman sat down and started it Samuel had o admit his boyfriend looked really cool.

With the gifts giving wrapping up it was starting to get to the point where Samuel had to leave to go see his mother. Even if he knew he wanted to go spend time with her it was with a slight reluctance he got ready to leave while the hemlocks commenced with their Christmas celebrations and as he stood by the front door to say goodbye to Roman he seriously considered just staying, it seemed more fun than church and he wanted to give Roman plenty more thank you kisses for the gifts.

But he did want to celebrate with his mother too, so the kisses would have to be goodbye kisses.

"I wish I could spend all of Christmas with you" Samuel mumbled as he pulled back from one of those kisses, both his hands were holding his boyfriend and he was standing ever so close to him.