[Samuel x Roman]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
s t e l l a

Stella felt really happy her dad didn't think the music she liked was bad. If she played some of the things she liked with her friends they would probably tell her it was weird, but her Daddy got it. And so she happily sang along the rest of the ride home. There she received a kiss to her forehead. Both her daddies were really affectionate with all of them, hugs and kisses to their heads and cheeks were a constant. She wasn't sure what age you got too old for that kinda stuff but she was still happy everyone in the family loved each other so much and weren't afraid to show it.

"Me too, thank you for letting me come with," Stella said with a smile, "I'll help carrying the stuff in,"

Today had been fun. Most of the time spending time with Daddy was fun because they had similar hobbies and interests, but this time felt extra nice because it had just been the two of them. Maybe sometime in the future, she could ask him if they could just go shopping for shoes or clothes or something, because she knew he wouldn't judge and got the want to not look like everyone else. But for now, she was just happy to have had a fun day together.

r o m a n
Today was the day.

It was midday on a Wednesday, so the kids were at school and it was Samuel and Roman's mutual day off. The kettle was boiling and a tray of freshly-baked chocolate muffins sat on the bench. It should have been a relaxing time, but it wasn't. A layer of stress was settled over both Roman and his husband, because today was the day.

Manuel was coming over to talk.

Roman felt sick, and jittery, and he couldn't stop himself from looking at the clock every ten seconds to see how much time was left until twelve o'clock. If he felt this nervous he couldn't begin to imagine how Samuel felt. He must be freaking out. Roman kept casting him nervous glances as he waited for the kettle to boil.

"I'll call him and cancel, Samuel, just give me the word."

s a m u e l

Ever since they had decided on a date for his dad to come over Samuel hadn't really been able to relax. He was stressing out about it and it became worse with every day leading up to it. Now that the day had come it was so bad that on occasion, he felt like he couldn't breathe. He honestly wasn't sure if he had ever been so scared to see his father, yet he knew this was the time where there was no chance of him harming him or Roman. He didn't trust him, but he believed him when he had said he wouldn't risk getting in trouble for his children. Well, his three youngest children. Samuel was fairly certain the fear was just because he was working himself up about it though. Over the years his most prominent memories of him had become the ones he relived, so his brain was telling him it was that man he was meeting. And he was, But he was meeting that man over twenty to twenty-five years later, and he had to tell himself it was going to be different, and just a talk about Sebastian, Julia and Tomas.

"I will,"
he said to his husband who was preparing things in the kitchen as normal when they would have guests over. He knew he needed that option. He didn't want to call and cancel though. He didn't want to spend any more time worrying about all of this than he already had and just wanted this all over with, like ripping off aband-aid, "it'll be fine though,"

Samuel said that but when the doorbell rung his heart started to beat like crazy. Talking on the phone was one thing, but seeing him in person was another. He had no idea how he would react and the risk that he'd react badly was there. Ever since Sebastian came over his PTSD had acted up a little again, not horribly so but it was clear that being so constantly reminded of his past wasn't all that good for him.

He swallowed hard and grabbed Roman's hand and started to walk from the kitchen to the entrance hall with all inentions of opening the door together. He wanted to. He was afraid something would happen to Roman if he opened it alone, even if he knew nothing would happen. But in the door way he stopped, "I... Can you open? I'll stay here? I just... need to see him before I get close to him," one step at a time.

r o m a n
"Of course, gorgeous," Roman murmured. He gave his husband a kiss to the top of the head, then squeezed his hand one more time before letting it go. Then he made his way to the door, took a deep breath, and put his hand on the handle.

He looked at his hand for a moment. The nails were long and they had been painted Barbie pink. He was wearing a pastel pink sweatshirt over white jeans, and he had done his makeup for the first time in a few weeks. His eyeshadow was bright pink, his lips were a pale nude, his cheeks were glimmering with white highlighter. Roman was almost forty years old, he hadn't done his makeup like this in years, but here he was. Doing it specifically to piss off his father-in-law.

Well, he had never considered Manuel his father-in-law. But he had always been a petty bitch.

Roman opened the door, and gave Manuel a very careful look. He had always envisioned the man as he had been the last time they had seen each other. Obviously Manuel was a lot older now, a lot more grey and aged. Roman stepped to the side to let him in. "Hello, Manuel," he said politely.

He closed the door, walked past his guest, went to Samuel and took his hand. He squeezed it, gave Manuel a wary look, and then lead both the other men to the kitchen, where the kettle was now boiled and the muffins were on the table. Roman gestured for Manuel to take a seat at the table but lead Samuel into the kitchen, so he could help carry drinks. And stay away from his father for as long as possible.

"Tea or coffee?"

s a m u e l

Samuel held his breath as Roman opened the door and revealed the person they had been expecting for what felt like ages now, though he was right on time.

It was weird to see him. He still looked like him, the same stern features, the same straight posture, still on the shorter side but carrying himself as if he was bigger and better than you. But he looked older too. Hair completely grey at this point, skin wrinkled, not too much. Samuel's parents had gotten him when they were fairly young so his father was in his early sixties at this point but it was still kind of jarring to see. He also looked different from the last time he saw him, because he no longer looked as tired as he had in prison, more like the man he had been before that, which was the man he had feared.

Manuel simply nodded at Roman's greeting and followed him into the house, which he was looking around, and Samuel knew, silently judging. They reached the kitchen, Samuel still kept at a distance, not even greeting him yet. And the first words out of Manuel's mouth was, "coffee, please," at least he was being polite.

Samuel went straight to preparing the drinks so he didn't have to look at him, though, Samuel could feel his father's eyes practically glued to himself. He had almost expected him to spend more of his energy glaring at Roman for how he looked that day, had this been twenty years ago that would have been the case, but now it wasn't.

Once the drinks were done Samuel finally dared to move in closer and placed the cup in front of his dad. His hands were a little shaky but he managed. He then sat down on the opposite side of the table, Roman in hand and his own cup in front of him. A short silence proceeded. Samuel still hadn't gotten the courage to talk but Manuel seemed to have no problem doing so, "Your place is very nice, I guess I was wrong criticizing your career path," he didn't sound like a man who was admitting he was wrong as small talk, but he was which meant he had to have changed a lot over the past years.

r o m a n
"Thank you," Roman said after their house was complimented, and Manuel admitted he was wrong. There were a hundred other, much more snarky things Roman had wanted to say in response, but he refrained from doing so because he needed to be an adult about this. They had a job to do and Roman wasn't going to interfere by being a moron.

He took a sip of his drink and studied Manuel's face carefully. The tension in the room was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Roman adamantly kept his hand clasped in Samuel's, in clear and plain view, resting on the table. It was his left hand, so his glitzy engagement ring and lovely wedding ring were both clearly visible.

"Well, there's no real point in beating around the bush here," Roman said after a few moments of silence. He didn't want to have to prolong this meeting for Samuel, who was most likely suffering immensely as they sat there, awkwardly tiptoeing around the subject. And Roman obviously was going to have to be the instigator of the negotiations.

"Have you given some thought to your kids getting to know ours, and Samuel?" Roman asked the older man. "We've spoken to our kids and they'd all like to get to know their aunt and uncles. They're ... they're not a hundred percent sure about you yet, but that depends on how things turn out between you and Samuel anyway."

s a m u el

Manuel was quiet for a moment, suddenly a frown appeared on his face, a slightly irritated one, that didn't appear until Roman mentioned how the kids were unsure about him, "How much do they know about me?" Suddenly his voice was sterner from before. They seemed to have encountered the first thing he completely disapproved off. Samuel who had actually managed to calm down a little at that point was back to being terrified and clasped Roman's hand hard.

"They know why we don't talk," Samuel spoke for the first time, voice small, eyes elsewhere. He felt like he was in his teens, sitting with dinner with his dad when he knew he had done something he didn't like and was just kind of waiting for him to approach the subject, "But they knew long before this,"

Manuel kept his gaze steadily on Samuel for a moment before sighing, "Look. I want to make it clear that I'm willing to have you and Sebastian get to know each other, as well as Julia and Tomas, if they want to. And your children as well. But the past is the past. I know I made mistakes in it. I know I did not treat you as I should, Samuel. Things got out of hand more often than I'd like to admit and I'm... I am sorry. I have made sure not to repeat the same mistakes with your siblings, but that does not change the past,"

Samuel stared because he would have never believed he would hear his father apologize for what he had done in the past. Sadly though just seconds later he started to dismiss it all, which, to Samuel made said apology mean a lot less. He shouldn't have expected anything else but as his father continued to speak he felt tears burn in his eyes.

"However, I want that to stay in the past. It's not relevant now. It has been years and I don't want it to affect this or my life now. It has been over twenty years and I hardly believe it affects you to a point where it would come up in conversation. Like I said, I don't want my children to hear about this all now. I've heard what you said, and I know I will have to tell them eventually, but not until this has settled down a little and the youngest ones are a little older."

r o m a n
For a moment, Roman was deluded into thinking that they were getting somewhere, because Manuel was apologising and actually acknowledging that what he had done in the past was wrong. But then he started to backtrack and insist it all remain hidden from his kids.

And then he said something that really pissed Roman off.

He leaned forward, and said, very quietly, "You don't think it affects him anymore?" It was Roman's angry voice, the one that didn't sound angry at all, but rather as calm as humanely possible.

Roman stood up, pressed a kiss to the top of Samuel's head to reassure him, and then stormed over to their bench and picked up the folder of important documents they kept on the corner of it near the wall. He rifled through it until he found the papers that he wanted, and then, visibly bristling with anger, Roman made his way around the table and sat down right next to Manuel. Then he neatly placed out all six or so papers on the table so Manuel could see them clearly. Then he began to explain what they all meant.

"This first one is from not that long after we saw you in prison, it's the report of Samuel's PTSD diagnosis," Roman said in a heated tone. He was so angry by this point that he wasn't even bothering to hide it. He pointed to a second piece of paper. "This is the psychiatrist's report of his nightmares and his symptoms, the things he'd told her and told me as well." A third piece of paper. "This is a letter from the psychiatrist that she had to mail to the school when Samuel had to take a day off work once because he was having flashbacks."

Roman then gestured to the several other pieces of paper. "And these are his fucking prescriptions. Anti-anxiety meds, calming meds, sleeping pills, shit to make the nightmares go away." Roman leaned forward with his head on his hand, forcing Manuel to look at him, and spoke without the slightest reservations or uncertainty.

"One time, we were in a park with our niece and my sister, and a drunk guy came up to us and started yelling at us for being gay," he said coldly. "Samuel had a flashback because he thought it was you trying to hurt him. Another time, he was having a nightmare and I tried to comfort him, but he thought I was you so he pushed me off the bed and I was bruised for weeks. Another time, we were watching a movie with our fucking children, and an ad came on showing family violence, and Samuel had a flashback in front of our four kids and scared the shit out of them."

Roman sat up and continued to glare at this pathetic excuse for a father, his rage completely evident in his eyes. It was not mistakable for anything else. "So don't you dare try and pretend that what you did doesn't affect him now. You gave your own son, your own flesh and blood, PTSD. What if Sebastian or Julia or Tomas end up defying you when they're older? Are you going to do the same shit? What if they end up gay, are you going to punch their boyfriends or girlfriends and put them in hospital? Are you going to push them away but leave them scarred for life? Because that's what you did with your first son, you complete fucking failure of a parent, you're lucky you even got a second chance to be a father because some people wait their entire lives to be parents, just for people like you to abuse the privilege they have."

s a m u e l

Samuel right away felt a twinge of panic when Roman left his side. It didn't fade much when he realised what he went to get. But he didn't protest. This way he didn't have to tell his dad about his PTSD himself. So, Samuel was quiet as Roman angrily showed Manuel all the papers, told him about some of the major incidents Samuel had had over the years. By the time he was done Samuel was crying and Manuel was staring at all the evidence of what he had done before him.

Slowly he turned his head towards Samuel, "You have PTSD?" his tone was hard to place, it was almost void of emotion, though not completely, he almost sounded scared.

"Yes, I've been struggling with it for almost half my life because of you," Samuel sniffled and tried to dry his tears but they kept coming. Even so, he stubbornly kept talking, and not just a few short words, this was the most he had said to him in one go in years, "It's not over twenty years ago to me. It's just days ago. It's however long it's been since the last nightmare or the last flashback and can't just ignore it or move past it. If I could I would, believe me. I would want nothing more than to just forget about it but my brain just won't let me. And every second I have to see you or talk to you is time I'm at risk for reliving it. So, no, I can't ignore it. And I have to tell my children about it so I won't scare them again. And I need to tell Roman about it so he knows something might happen and I won't hurt him again."

Samuel paused for a moment and took a deep breath to collect himself. His heart was beating in a way that was so uncomfortable, hard and fast and he could feel it in his ears. His fist was clenched hard. But he needed to get everything straight.

"The last thing I want is for Sebastian and the others to find out in a bad way and not feel the same about you anymore. I don't want them to grow up in a home where they have to be afraid. We're not going to tell them, and we can make sure our kids don't tell them. But don't you dare act as if it didn't happen. You don't deserve to have people treat you as if it didn't happen. Because I have to live with it every fucking day. And I can't even act as if it didn't happen because I'm terrified of you."

That was something Samuel had never wanted to admit to his father's face. He was scared that he would use the knowledge that he was afraid of him against him. But it was also aware that he needed to hear to realise how badly he had fucked up as a parent.

"The fact that you disapprove of our relationship isn't why we don't talk, you realise that right? It's because you traumatized me."

Manuel just stared again, and Samuel stared back, right into his eyes for a moment until he just couldn't any more and averted them. When his father spoke again it was in the most uncertain voice he had ever heard him speak in, "Samuel, I'm sorry, I didn't realise... I... I won't... I won't try to put it past us. Or act as if it's nothing, if it needs to be part of the discussion, I'll let it be."

Samuel just nodded. He wasn't sure what answer he had expected from his dad. He would have wanted more of an apology, he wanted him to explicitly say 'I'm sorry for hitting you, I'm sorry for hurting you, I'm sorry for making you miserable' and so many more sorries. But this was still his dad, and him sacrificing the one thing he had had as a condition, at least in part since he knew Samuel and Roman wouldn't tell his children anything, was probably the most they'd get from him.

r o m a n
Despite his anger Roman felt an overwhelming wave of pride wash over him as Samuel finally spoke up for himself against his father. This was monumental. This was incredible. This was Samuel asserting himself like he had never been able to do when he had been a child. This was Samuel addressing the source of his trauma and forcing his father to own up to what he did.

This was Samuel blossoming into a stronger person. And Roman was so fucking proud of him.

He turned to Manuel, though, and spat,
"That's not fucking good enough but we don't expect anything more from you by this point." Roman then stood up and made his way back around the table to sit next to his husband again, and pulled him close so Samuel was leaning against his chest. Roman didn't care that they were showing that they were very much gay, Manuel didn't get a say in what they did, and he never had had that right.

He left the papers on the table. So Manuel couldn't escape them.

Roman then took a deep breath to calm himself before he began to speak.
"You don't deserve to have people think you're a good parent but we're not going to say anything to the kids because we want Samuel and our children to be able to have a relationship with them."

s a m u e l

"yes I understand,"
Manuel said, voice stiff and gaze now turned down, on his hands that were clasped on the table not the papers. Samuel had never seen his father like this, never seen him admit defeat so willingly. Somehow he felt like it would have brought him some kind satisfaction, but it didn't it just made him feel kind of uncomfortable and made him want to move on from the subject. Though he was sure it was in part because even now he didn't want to make his father uncomfortable, which made him sad because he didn't want to feel that way but it was something that seemed like it was hard for him to get past.

"Okay... Okay good," Samuel sniffled a little, wiped his tears but still kept pressed against Roman. He no longer had any discomfort with his sexuality, those feelings were long gone, and it seemed that even with his father in front of him they didn't come back, "let's actually talk about how this is going to work out,"

Samuel clearly didn't want to linger on the subject any longer, he didn't want to try to force the apology he wanted out of his dad so it was better to just talk about Sebastian and the others.

"You want Sebastian to be able to meet us right?" Samuel asked to make sure it wasn't something he was feeling so reluctant about that he'd gladly just refuse it. Manuel nodded, so Samuel continued, "We have conditions too then... We don't want anything homophobic said in front of our children, and nothing sexist that reinforces gender roles either, that's not how we're raising them,"

"yes, I'm not going to comment on how you are raising your children, we'll keep our opinions out of the way, expecting that you do the same," Samuel knew for a fact Roman wouldn't do that if anyone did express any homophobia, and Samuel honestly wouldn't either. He didn't want his siblings to grow up feeling as bad as he if one of them weren't straight, "I don't like that you're married, I just don't agree with the marriage part. But there's nothing I can do about it. We're going to approach it with a love the sinner not the sin mindset, it's the best we can do while still holding on to our beliefs,"

r o m a n
Roman raised his eyebrows for a moment but neglected to make any of the sarcastic and rude comments he wanted to let fly. "Well, we're not going to try to push our opinions onto them or anything like that. But if anything homophobic or sexist is said in front of our children we're going to intervene, they don't need to grow up thinking that their parents are doing the wrong thing."

Manuel had literally just said he thought that that was the case but Roman didn't care. This man's opinions were outdated and he was outnumbered. Everyone in the Hemlock-Ortega household was liberal-minded and kind. Roman wouldn't let their children be corrupted by those dark and hateful thoughts.

"Can I ask you a question?" Roman proceeded to ask it without waiting for permission. "What would you do if one of your kids ends up gay? Because you missed half of Samuel's life, and I don't think it's just because you were in prison. You missed his wedding, you missed his university graduation. You missed him starting his career. And you missed all of your grandkids being born. Would you want to miss out on all of Sebastian, Julia or Tomas's experiences because of who they fell in love with?"

s a m u e l

Manuel looked at Roman for a couple of seconds, his expression annoyed again, "It's a problem to tackle if it-"

"No, it isn't. It's a possibility. And just as much of a possibility as it was with me," Samuel interrupted, something he never thought he'd be able to do. But he wanted to hear his response to this question. He needed to know if they were going to have to tell Sebastian, Julia and Tomas that if something happened, if their father kicked them out, they could always come to them. Samuel would want them to know hat, but he didn't want it to come down to that, ever. He wanted them to have a family that was there for them, "So you need to tell us what you would do, so we'll know what to do if something like that happens,"

Manuel sighed, and was quiet for a moment as he thought about it, "Like I said, I'll love the sinner not the sin. I want to raise your siblings right Samuel. I don't want to make the same mistakes as I did with you, I don't want to sit here again in twenty years and have the same conversation with one of them. I don't think I can ever approve of it, but with them I will try to support them."

r o m a n
It was better than nothing. Roman sighed through his nose, knowing that they weren't going to get any better. He still morally disagreed with the idea that a parent wouldn't approve with their child's soulmate. But Manuel was a homophobe and half of the time Roman believed they were incurable.

"Alright. Well, we've got a few years until you may have to keep your word on that so we'll see what happens then." Roman sighed through his nose before taking a sip of his tea. It was taking him every ounce of effort he had to stop himself from berating this piece of shit of a man.

Roman turned to Samuel, gave him a reassuring look, and then turned back to Manuel.
"We also want to know what kind of attitude your wife is going to have to us. We know what to expect from you but not from her. Have you told her the truth?"

s a m u e l

"We met not long after I was released,"
Manuel explained, "She knows why I was arrested, she... She has a vague idea as to how I raised you," Samuel hated how he said raised to avoid the word abused but he said nothing because he knew nothing would come from it, "And she shares my beliefs,"

"So she's a homophobe," Samuel inflicted, surprising even himself with how quickly he protested to him dancing around that subject. Roman had definitely rubbed off on him throughout the years. But it was just frustrating to see someone not willing to call themselves a homophobe because it was negative. And his wife was probably the same. Samuel doubted his father could ever be happy with someone with differing opinions from his.

"She doesn't believe in same-sex marriage." Manuel said, as if that was the correct way to say it, as if it was an okay differing opinion and not straight up discriminatory, "She has up until now, not liked the idea of us having contact with you, for various reason, but like me she is open to it because we want to make Sebastian happy. I'll make sure she knows your request not to share our opinions in front of your children, and she will not, just like we'll expect," when he said that he gave Roman a proper disapproving look. Roman was the vocal and in your face, one of them, and that was clearly the only way Manuel could see him, so he was taking the opportunity when talking about spouses to get to point out something about Roman.

r o m a n
"Alright," Roman said with a nod of his head. "Like I said, we won't say anything unless you say it first." And Roman really didn't think Manuel was stupid enough to do that.

They had the upper hand, they had the advantage, but Roman really didn't want to make that evident. He wasn't the kind of person to use power over someone else — that was Manuel's forte. However, Roman wasn't going to let his man just do what he wanted when it came to this sort of thing, he didn't have the right to do that. And there were some things that needed to be ensured.

"About our kids, there's a few things we don't want you to mention," Roman said. He then began to list them and count them off on his fingers. "One, our sons have traditionally feminine names. We don't want them to be teased for that. Two, both of them are in touch with their feminine sides, Eden is really gentle and loves horses, Harper loves flowers and paints his nails. I don't want them to be made to feel bad about what they like. And three, our daughter Stella isn't a feminine girly girl at all. We don't want her to be teased for that, either. Any questions?"

s a m u e l

Even though Manuel certainly looked like he had something to say about what Roman had just said, he didn't. He simply shook his head no, telling them he had no questions, or rather no intentions questioning their children's upbringing. To their faces at least. It was easy to tell he didn't really approve of at least something about it. Whether that was the names or the kids' hobbies Samuel had no idea, but at least he was keeping it to himself. That made Samuel feel a lot better about the kids maybe meeting him in connection to meeting their uncles and aunt.

"Julia didn't use to be very girly either, always to her mother's disappointment," Manuel said, it was weird to hear him talk about his children like this, like he was just telling them about it and it wasn't to counter the fact that they were giving him instructions to make sure their own children wouldn't be put down because of their names and what they liked, "She's getting a little more into it now, but she's always been a real football star, she doesn't care much about hair and makeup and all that,"

Samuel was quiet for a moment, his father meant soccer, of course, he always called it that because it was always fútbol, but soccer was also the one thing that he had so many good memories regarding his father with. It had always been the thing they bonded over. And apparently, his little sister played too. And Manuel hadn't forcer her out of it, or made sure one of his sons played such a male-dominated sport, he had let the one who liked play and he seemed proud of her.

"Harper plays too," Samuel couldn't help but let it slip out. They had put on such a good front up until now, one of not wanting to deal with the man in front of him, but now Samuel's emotions seemed to get the best of him. It was the part of him who had always excused everything bad his father had done to him when he was younger, and it was hard to step away from that even now, "He's really good,"

"he paints his nails and plays sports?" Manuel said, there was almost a hint of laughter behind his stern tone, his comment was hardly appropriate, but it didn't seem like he was meaning to scoff at them, more make a joke now that Samuel wasn't as hostile. Or maybe that was just what Samuel wanted to hear it as.

r o m a n
It was so weird to just sit here and listen to Manuel talk about his younger three kids and their hobbies like any other parent. Not once had Roman ever viewed Manuel as a father figure but here he was, talking about his children proudly like he or Samuel or Evan or Elliot or Cameron would. It was strange. But it was also sort of ... reassuring. It helped Roman believe that maybe Manuel meant what he was saying when he claimed he would follow their wishes.

Of course he had to then ruin it by saying something stupid but Roman could tell it wasn't coming from malice so he let it slide.

"He does, and he's very good at it," said Roman, reaffirming what Samuel had said. He stood up for a moment to go into the games room and bring back one of Harper's soccer trophies, which he sat in front of Manuel before sitting back down.

"He has a bunch more but they're in his bedroom."

s a m u e l

Manuel looked at the trophy with a kind of triumphant softness, almost pride. Samuel hadn't seen a look like that on his dad's face since he was a lot younger. And now he was looking that way thinking about Samuel and Roman's son. Samuel wasn't even sure how to feel about that, he wasn't sure if he wanted Manuel to allow himself to view himself as the kids' grandfather. But he also wanted to tel him, wanted him to know how great they all were. And maybe just what his behaviour had caused him to miss out on.

"He's practically been playing since he was a baby, his favourite toy was this plush soccer ball, and his first word was literally ball," Samuel told him, "He's one of the best players on his team too, if not the best," Samuel was so proud of Harper. The boy was a lot better than Samuel at that age too and that just made him even happier, because he would love to see him far surpass him in the sport they both loved one day.

Manuel kept his gaze on the trophy and he didn't respond for a moment, didn't comment any more on Harper's soccer, instead he looked up at the two men across the table and asked, "What about the others?" there was a carefulness in his voice, as if he wasn't sure if he was allowed to ask about his grandchildren.

r o m a n
Roman had mixed feelings about Manuel expressing pride towards their son. On the one hand, he was happy because Harper certainly deserved that pride, and it meant that Manuel had genuine positive feelings for their child and an aspect of how he had been raised. But on the other hand, Manuel had no right to call himself their grandfather.

But Roman told him about their other kids regardless.
"Eden really loves horses, he's in an equestrian club and I'd say he's easily the best in his class. And he's absolutely amazing at piano, I anticipate he'll be an expert in a few years.

Stella is an artist, she loves to paint and draw and she also loves music. We like to just sit and draw sometimes, and she comes into my work every now and then and watches me tattoo.

And Letha is a dancer. I think she got it from my sister and my niece — she loves it and she's definitely the best in her class. They're all great kids, they're all amazing and talented and we've done our best to give them the best life possible."