S.S. Iwaku Revolution [ALREADY STARTED]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@redblood
OH YOU PROBABLY ASSUMED I'M LEARNING HIGH SCHOOL JAPANESE AS IN an actual Japanese school~
Compared to Japan, we're probably doing year 1/2 stuff.

I'm taking Japanese SL.

@redblood
In hindsight, this should probably be a conversation going on in that desolate group we're in.
You mean that Japanese group in which no one ever speaks? :(

Hm? We can choose a LOTE course in my school. Japanese or German! At my school, we have to learn the basics of both languages in Year 7, Year 8 and 9 we need to have one LOTE and from then on you can choose it as a yearly elective.
Hmm... No school in Sweden has that option before high school (which starts when you're 15-16 years old), so between 6 and 9th grade it's German, Spanish or French that's on the menu. Except for me and some other retards who were failing either English or Swedish so badly so they had to take those languages instead xD I sucked at English at that time so I didn't get a third language before high school (Japanese), which I studied for three years even though they only had a two years course xD (Cause usually you can only have language for two years in that high school, either in the first and second year or the second and third year, but I was able to study a third year, though I had to do it together with the first year Japanese students, so I got very little help from the teacher and had to mainly self study. Which made me drop from an A (which I had both the first and the second year) to a C. Slightly disappointing xD)

After my three years I should be able to do a JLPT N5 test and pass, but now I haven't studied for 3 years so my kanji is reeeeaaally rusty >_<

You mean that Japanese group in which no one ever speaks? :(

Hmm... No school in Sweden has that option before high school (which starts when you're 15-16 years old), so between 6 and 9th grade it's German, Spanish or French that's on the menu. Except for me and some other retards who were failing either English or Swedish so badly so they had to take those languages instead xD I sucked at English at that time so I didn't get a third language before high school (Japanese), which I studied for three years even though they only had a two years course xD (Cause usually you can only have language for two years in that high school, either in the first and second year or the second and third year, but I was able to study a third year, though I had to do it together with the first year Japanese students, so I got very little help from the teacher and had to mainly self study. Which made me drop from an A (which I had both the first and the second year) to a C. Slightly disappointing xD)

After my three years I should be able to do a JLPT N5 test and pass, but now I haven't studied for 3 years so my kanji is reeeeaaally rusty >_<
HIGH SCHOOL DOESN'T START UNTIL YOU'RE 15-6? WHAT?

We start 12-3 years old.
Every year the Year 7s get ruder and ruder. Humph.

HIGH SCHOOL DOESN'T START UNTIL YOU'RE 15-6? WHAT?

We start 12-3 years old.
Every year the Year 7s get ruder and ruder. Humph.
Well, in Sweden we have 1-5th graders, who usually are in a different school than 6th -9th graders, but in our school we had two schools at the same ground, so while we were in different buildings it was extremely close between the two class groups. Then when 9th grade ends you start high school which has different lines to choose from. Like there's programs for natural science, creative stuff like music, art, etc. And a lot of other straight to work things which I don't know what they're named in English.

That's the one.
Well, make a thread and talk in it D: I'm waiting for people to chat with me in the Japanese thread, or for people to create English chatting threads or whatever. I feel sooo alone in my little lonely chat thread T-T

Reactions: Mu
Well, in Sweden we have 1-5th graders, who usually are in a different school than 6th -9th graders, but in our school we had two schools at the same ground, so while we were in different buildings it was extremely close between the two class groups. Then when 9th grade ends you start high school which has different lines to choose from. Like there's programs for natural science, creative stuff like music, art, etc. And a lot of other straight to work things which I don't know what they're named in English.

Well, make a thread and talk in it D: I'm waiting for people to chat with me in the Japanese thread, or for people to create English chatting threads or whatever. I feel sooo alone in my little lonely chat thread T-T
Work experience?

I'm seriously surprised no one who helped make the site looked at this and went "Hey guys... Isn't this, you know? A really bad thing for us to be doing?".

Especially considering that freedom of speech never actually does require others to agree with X opinion so "Forcing your beliefs on another" would have been against the rules then anyways. Along with stuff like harassment. I mean seriously, the freedom of speech laws already cover all that. There's no reason to change it unless if you want a method of silencing someone's opinion that you find inconvenient.
Well yea obviously. That's something already in our legal system.

So assuming Iwaku wanted to follow the laws, there was no need for them to say "We don't follow freedom of speech" because the exact concerns they highlighted were also already covered legally.
Maybe I'm looking too deep into it, and they really just meant to say "Don't be dicks". But the manner they chose to word it is worrisome at best.

This is a privately owned website. Personal property. Freedom of speech does NOT apply here for members. If we wanted to, we COULD suppress any opinion and lock any thread and ban any person we pleased for ANY reason we want. And no one would have any right to lodge a complaint.

The only rights you have here are the ones that owners allow you to have. You have flexibility of speech, can give your opinions, and every out-lined within our site policies. And if we feel you don't fit in with those policies, we give you the boot at our discretion!

We have the rule worded that way because people like to forget that websites like this are personal property and they think they can use "Freedom of Speech" as an excuse to say anything they want without consequence so long as they are not breaking us federal laws. >> Freedom of Speech doesn't apply when you come on to someone else's personal property.

But if you feel our House Rules and behaviors are not to your tastes, people are welcome to leave at any time. 8D

BTW GWAZI, YOU TURNING SILLY THREADS IN TO SERIOUS SHIT IS WHY PEOPLE KEEP GETTING PISSED AT YOU! D:

Work experience?
No. Depending on the program, you get to learn a certain work while studying normal stuff like math. So if you go in a cooking school you'll firstly learn how to serve customers (both by practicing it and by learning like the theoretical stuff.) then later on you'll learn more about cooking and how to work in the kitchen etc. Then for certain works within that work you might have to go to a special cook college, but other things within that work you'll be able to go directly into that field once you finish school. So it prepares you to go right into work once you've finished high school, but usually also prepares you for higher studies.

No. Depending on the program, you get to learn a certain work while studying normal stuff like math. So if you go in a cooking school you'll firstly learn how to serve customers (both by practicing it and by learning like the theoretical stuff.) then later on you'll learn more about cooking and how to work in the kitchen etc. Then for certain works within that work you might have to go to a special cook college, but other things within that work you'll be able to go directly into that field once you finish school. So it prepares you to go right into work once you've finished high school, but usually also prepares you for higher studies.
Ah, we don't have anything like that here in high school.

Makes it harder for us to decide on a job. x - x
I'm in my senior years now, and I still haven't decided on what I want to be.

Ah, we don't have anything like that here in high school.

Makes it harder for us to decide on a job. x - x
I'm in my senior years now, and I still haven't decided on what I want to be.
Well, since your high school comes at the age of 12, it's probably for the best o.O I don't think a 12 year old should decide that. It was way too early even for me as a fifteen year old to suddenly decide what I wanted to be. D: It stressed me out as hell.

Well, since your high school comes at the age of 12, it's probably for the best o.O I don't think a 12 year old should decide that. It was way too early even for me as a fifteen year old to suddenly decide what I wanted to be. D: It stressed me out as hell.
It's stupid because to get the job you want, most of them need a degree.
And to get the degree, it's better you finish high school.
And in high school, you need to take certain subjects in Year 11 and 12 to get the degree you want.
Goddamn prerequisites.
So if you didn't take Chemistry and you want to get into the Bachelor of Biomedicine course. You get rejected.
Also we need to worry about this goddamn ranking thing which is a score out of 99.5 that gets calculated from your end of year 12 exams and that's important for uni and euhgfjfjkdjnkjn

Tl;dr Year 10 is important because you need to choose the subjects that are the prerequisites of the course you want.
GG.

This probably won't make sense.

Well it's the same in Sweden. For certain jobs you need a degree. And if you haven't taken certain subjects, then you can't go to certain schools to get that degree.

I'm apparently drunk in @Alphakoka's eyes... >>
We all are o.O

Oh... I'll work on a couple threads during lunch.
Weekly Pop/culture and an English chatroom?

*Derails further*

So what's this about school? I have to get my high school diploma (general education) and pass tests throughout the years, before I can go to college and choose a major. During junior and senior year it's important to take the SAT and/or ACT as well, if you want to go to a university.

I'm taking both Chinese and Japanese to my senior years. Lately, I've been having nightmares of going into the oral exam and speaking in the wrong language. ; _ ;

Status
Not open for further replies.