RWBY

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalashaska

Edgenoble
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Action, Adventure.
First off - Hi, I'm Jageroux. Avid writer and fan of the series RWBY.

My goal, with this thread, is to create a RWBY RP. A real RWBY RP. Not the type that fades away after a week or just stalls before it even starts. My intention is to, with like-minded individuals, create a RWBY RP that contains enough depth to maintain the interest of everyone involved, while providing a friendly environment for everyone. I want to have fun and make sure my fellow RPers are having fun.

In my mind, with the goal I have envisioned, I'd like 4 (or a total of 8) dedicated RPers, myself included. I understand people have lives and responsibilities that cannot be ignored, and that's understandable.

tl;dr:
  • I'm Jageroux. I like dank memes and RWBY.
  • I'm looking for at least 3 other RPers that aren't afraid to aggressively help further the story and weave an interesting plot/story.
  • I believe the 4 of us should be able to form a comfortable OOC environment where we can comfortably brainstorm ideas and plots, while still having fun.
  • I'm willing to extend it to a total of 8 (splitting it into 2 teams) if enough interest is shown by multiple people.
I know this may seem like a lot, obnoxious or generally overly ambitious, but I'd really like to create an RP with people that are actually interested that doesn't dissolve in a week.

Bakugou. Aspiring pun-peddler, meme-merchant, and word-weaver extraordinaire. I've been with RWBY since the day the first trailer premiered, and I've recently been craving the opportunity to fiddle about with the world's mechanics.

I can promise unwavering commitment, however, and I'm not the sort to disappear without a trace. I adore worldbuilding, and I like to think I tackle creating and developing multi-faceted characters with passionate fervor.

TL;DR smarmy chode was intrigued both by your concept and the chance to write some dorky faunus asshole.

I'll start this off by asking how might I be able to contribute to figuring out the setting?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shattered. Also a pun-creator. Gunfighter extrodinare. And decent word-worker. I got into RWBY just because it was a Rooster Teeth series. And I haven't found a solid RWBY RP that hasn't devolved into a ton of bullshit.

I do come bearing some plot ideas and new Grimm enemies. I'll try to contribute as much as I can.

@Jageroux Already know I'm interested. I warn though I am a busy person I am also a dedicated person. I have had pretty much the same experience all of you have with the RWBY rp starting and then POOF outta no where everyone vanishes. -.- I also warn I am an RP ADDICT and being such I am Much For World Building and Crafting and already have a pretty nifty Idea / Basis / Spring Board we could start with ^.^; Depends on how you would also feel playing secondary character NPC - Baddies.

Anyways GO SEE DEMI HERE she is my RWBY Original built, I was gonna post her here but didn't wanna clutter the thread. Basics of her are ORIGIN : ATLAS TRANSFER 1ST YR - Faunus -Arctic Fox with breaks in the series ideas. she only has ONE set of ears those are her big ass Fox ears. She ALSO has a tail. So two animal parts and three if you count her vertical slit cat like foxy eyes. Hm more about her, oh her weapon is both a bow and twin spartan style short swords ^.^ I love ett go see profile for more on Deminique.

STORYLINE IDEA:
Man were created from dust... Grimm were Created from Darkness... What if like us mortals, they too have a god. And origin more of however. A beast that would spawn Grimm in floods across the land. A Might (SPOILER) DRAGON GRIMM. Anyways this idea is for POST CANON so RWBY's team would be full fledged hunters doin there thang in the world. This Dragon isn't around but a cult of like 8 (or 4 depending on size of this group) are within a Cult that are trying to resurrect this Dark God Grimm.

So Why Post Canon you Ask? I CANNOT STAND WHEN PEOPLE FUCK UP THE TRUE PERSONA OF THE ORIGINAL CHARACTER!!! I know I know!! This is rp and we should be allowed creative freedoms its just a major pet peeve of mine ^.^ So yeah um... Hai

Reactions: Shalashaska
I have to go for now however, due to a severe storm heading my way. Must batten down the hatches 'n-such. LOL.

I have to go for now however, due to a severe storm heading my way. Must batten down the hatches 'n-such. LOL.

... I too, am in the middle of a storm.

Also, if anybody is interested in my concept of an island-sized Grimm, we can probably make it work.

Bakugou. Aspiring pun-peddler, meme-merchant, and word-weaver extraordinaire. I've been with RWBY since the day the first trailer premiered, and I've recently been craving the opportunity to fiddle about with the world's mechanics.

I can promise unwavering commitment, however, and I'm not the sort to disappear without a trace. I adore worldbuilding, and I like to think I tackle creating and developing multi-faceted characters with passionate fervor.

TL;DR smarmy chode was intrigued both by your concept and the chance to write some dorky faunus asshole.

I'll start this off by asking how might I be able to contribute to figuring out the setting?
Shattered. Also a pun-creator. Gunfighter extrodinare. And decent word-worker. I got into RWBY just because it was a Rooster Teeth series. And I haven't found a solid RWBY RP that hasn't devolved into a ton of bullshit.

I do come bearing some plot ideas and new Grimm enemies. I'll try to contribute as much as I can.
A pleasure to make both your acquaintances! I'm really liking what I'm seeing and I can see this shape up into something great. First off, paging @Kabyt.

As for the setting, I was talking to Kabyt earlier and I know for a fact it'll be post-RWBY Canon, so we'll have a lot of wiggle room in terms of creative freedom. There's a lot we don't know about the world, eg: specific dust-types, how Faunus came to be exactly, so feel free to be as creative as you like.

As for the setting, I know Beacon will be one of the primary locations, naturally, and then I think we can just go from there with more exciting landscapes and areas.

Also, Shattered, New Grimm Enemies = Love. I really look forward to seeing what you can cook up.

As for the story, I know we all have plots we'd love to see play/write out, such as Kabyt's, so if you have any plot in particular, even if it's only a fraction of an idea, and we can build off of everything and incorporate them all into one solid story. I think with all of us working together we'll be able to create something pretty damn dank.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I

Also, if anybody is interested in my concept of an island-sized Grimm, we can probably make it work.
N my idea the culr baddies each control a grimm of their own making.. I am lurking via mobile. See lunk in signature that says 1x1 hunt for demi cs forgot to link it in my rush.

• Island-sized Grimm? Check.
  • Dragon God Grimm? Check.

This is looking great.

Reactions: Kabyt
I look forward to building a plot with all of you too. My ideas primarily focus on the White Fang being a terrorist organization, including the island-sized Grimm as a weapon.

Maybe also giant worm Grimm? I don't have a supersolid idea for it, but something like the big ass worm from Gears of War 2?

Reactions: Kabyt and Bakugou
A thought: aquatic Grimm. Colossal squids, hellish landsharks, etc.

Also--since the four of us are presumably playing the members of a single team, we're going to have to sort out names.

My cgaracters name is Demi but i can always change it to something else if need be.

I have two characters I could use. I'm pretty sure the naming rules lets you use last names in the team one too. The initials of my characters are MC and AZ.

DR LOL just call me Doctor! (Demi Rune never realized my love for Doctor Who was leeching through to other aspects in my life. )

Also I could Play a Demi and a secondary character as well, but it would be a baddie instead of a good guy ^.^ If you guys wanted me to.

The initials for my character are OZ.

So we have DR (Kabyt), OZ (me) and MC/AZ (Shattered).

So it could be:

DOM-
DOA-
ROM-
ROZ-

We could go with ROZI and pronounce it Rose.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Oh! While we're on the subject, are there any character sheet templates I should know about? I'm excited to get my shitlord fleshed out.

Code:
Name:
Color:
Appearance:
Semblance:
Weapon:
Personality:
(Brief) History:

Also, something I'd like to bring up: A lot of times there's disagreements about what Dust does what, so I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on this:
  • Red - Fire
  • Orange - Explosions
  • Yellow - Vitality/Strength/Force
  • Green - Wind
  • Light Blue - Ice
  • Blue - Lightning
  • White - Motion
  • Violet - Energy

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
All sounds good to me with the dusts. ^.^ I like ROSI too for the name\

EDIT -- Will also update Demi's profile this evening when I am off from work.

ALSO if anyone wants my SKYPE name screenie is poe.etic.enigmis

Status
Not open for further replies.