RWBY: Grimm World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex couldn't help but smile back. So much positivity in one person was...He couldn't think of a word for it. "Aye." He said simply. He took his shields off the wall. "I call top though."

Slate carelessly tossed Crunch near a bed and it landed with a loud thud. "Man why are you bowing, we already met in the forest." He then walked towards a the bed with his weapon next to it, and flopped down beside it. Then face down towards the bed he held out his hand and in a muffled voice said "Tama, the Princess and her bodyguard, Princess and her bodyguard, Tama." Unenthusiastically he continued "Hope we can get along and fight Grimm and yada yada yada." He then laid silent on the bed, he wasn't in the mood right now.

"We have names." Alessa replied with a look of annoyance, one hand on her hip while the two girls stood by their own beds. "Your leadership skills could already use some improvement."

"That's enough, Alessa." The Princess as Slate had introduced her had to reach out and lay her hand over her cousin's shoulder. "If you ask me it's the inspirational speech for our team getting together that needs some work." She replied with a smirk.

"I don't see what possibly qualified him to be our--"

"Alessa, please!" The heiress interrupted her. She didn't want a fight to break out on the team's first night together. "Sorry about her. She's a bit--"

"Do not apologize for me!" It was her turn to interrupt Alexis, this time turning her back to her three teammates and folding her arms.

"Well it looks like I have to. I know you won't."

"Hmph."

"At aaany rate... it's nice to meet you, Tama." Alexis gave up on trying to talk sense into her cousin, offering her new teammate a wave. "I'm Alexis, by the way." She went ahead and gave him her name seeing as Slate had used her nickname. "This is Alessa." The violet haired girl pointed over her shoulder with her thumb towards her cousin, who still had her back to the group. "Don't mind her."

An unexpected yet equally intriguing result had been produced by Spencer's unintentional provoking of Arielle through the use of a nickname that should have represented her pretty well. The girl was, after all, teeming with so much energy that one would think her body was always pumping adrenaline in her veins or she had ingested too much sweets that led to a sugar rush. However, he found out the hard way that the girl wasn't particularly fond of sweets. In his entire life, this was a first. If he could generalize all the human race's female population into one category, it was that they all like sweets so this was a first for him. But the most distinct thing about what she said to him was that for the first time, he was at a loss for words. The girl sure has spirit. Took him quite some time just to form a reply to her threatening retort.

"I kinda had the assumption that all girls love sweets. That was very rude of me. I'm sorry. The way I classified you mindlessly without knowing a damn thing about your preferences was really stupid." Spencer told her without going closer to her to whisper those words. "I really have to change my perspective of things..." He muttered under his breath before turning his back on the group.

"Sleep wherever you want. I'm fine sleeping anywhere. As long as I get a space to sleep in..." He muttered nonchalantly before leaving the room without prior notice. He ended up upsetting his team mate because of some miscalculated joke. And he was supposed to be their leader... Someone who should know them pretty well, be considerate, and be an example for them. Some leader he was.

Soon enough, he found himself at the rooftop of the dorms. He was walking aimlessly with no clear destination in mind yet he ended up in the most isolated place in the dorm so far. He wasn't surprised though. It was probably instinct that took him there. For the most part of his life, he had been alone. At first it was a suffocating kind of darkness. The thoughts of being alone was a nauseating experience. Ever since he got disowned by his own parents, he thought himself as nothing more but a useless piece of trash. But his uncle took pity and brought with him home that piece of trash. Even when he found an unexpected ally, he still felt that he was alone. But soon enough he got used to it all. The sadness, the despair, the pain. Solitude became his sanctuary. When he was alone, nobody can judge him, nobody can hurt him, nobody can despise him, nobody can treat him like trash. But despite this... he still hated being alone.

"Some people may prefer solitude but nobody can stand it. I guess I'm just one of those fucking hypocrites." He said to himself as he stared blankly into the night sky.

Windia grimaced at this little scene. Just a while ago, everyone was in a celebratory mood... But that didn't last too long. She could have sworn that Spencer was genuinely happy as he gave his two teammates vaguely appropriate nicknames but when one of them reacted negatively to it, she felt the atmosphere quickly becoming dark. And soon enough, Spencer left the room, leaving behind a certain kind of awkwardness to spread between them.

"Well, you better go after him, Whiplash. Looks like he took what you said a little bit more negatively than you intended. I'm sure he didn't even want to become the leader in the first place. Types like him, I am familiar with. Always prefers being alone, uncomfortable with crowds or groups of people. I wasn't able to confirm it initially but from the way he was already formulating plans like that, I can say that he was doing so in order to not disappoint his team. The nicknames, an attempt to be friendly with you guys since he pretty much has Zero social experience. I'm sure he found some nice quiet place where he could be alone and wallow in a pit of despair. Hence, you should find him and clear things up. Find common ground and whatnot. You are partners after all." Windia suggested.

Arielle watched Spencer walk out of the room. Maybe she had gone too far? She needed to clear up the sweets thing. Maybe she did it too rudely? Either way, Arielle has no clue what snapped into her and she felt a bit angry at herself now for being so mean to Spencer. All Arielle could do was just stand there thinking about what just happened. This continued until Winda snapped her out of her daze. Winda told her how Spencer might've felt and where he might be. After acquiring this new information, Arielle rushed out of the room.

"Somewhere nice and quiet. Hmm." Arielle said to herself while she stood in the hallway. "I have no clue where that would be. What do I do now?" She wouldn't go back into the room because then she would look like an idiot. Arielle stood there for a while before something popped into her mind. Her semblance. If she could go up onto the roof, she could get a look of the whole academy using her semblance to improve her eyesight. Thinking this was a good plan, Arielle walked up to door leading to the rooftop.

Arielle's hand was on the knob when she turned on her semblance. She closed her eyes and when they opened, they changed from her usual green to gold. Arielle opened the door to the rooftop ready to commence her mission 'Find Spencer in Beacon' when she saw Spencer on the rooftop. "I guess 'Find Spencer in Beacon' doesn't need to happen after all." Arielle aloud, loud enough for Spencer to be able to hear her.

Arielle slowly approached Spencer before taking a seat right next to him. This was one of the rare times Arielle was being serious and in order to prove that she looked him in the eyes before speaking. "Hey, Spencer. I'm sorry for what I said before. I was too cruel about it and it wasn't that big of a deal. I should've just let it go. You were right. I can be so energetic that it seems like I ate all the sugar available in the world." Arielle started. She didn't know where to go from there but then Winda's words came back into mind. "Don't worry about screwing up as a leader. You'll be a great one. As long as you promise to put my ashes into the ocean when I die, you'll the best one ever in my opinion. So, Leader, do you think you can forgive me?"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Accelerator
Tama was annoyed by Slate's comment and it was obvious. Tama shook when the sudden cold demeanor shot through him it almost scared him. After Slate introduced him and the girls themselves, standing up Tama reprimanded Slate. "Where's your introduction? What do you plan on doing with this team? Our lives are now in your hands. I wanted to avoid any drama, but when your talking about living things lines must be drawn. Your our leader now dumbass, I swear if you turn out to be like that man... I'll kill you!" Tama's aura started leaking out of him like a fog machine as he pushed past the girls to the courtyard. He found a tree and kicked it up balancing it on his foot.

Slate got off the bed and grabbed Crunch as Tama left the room "Hey." he shouted "You think I wanted to be leader? You think I want to have to make sure none of you die?" Tama continued walking and Slate continued to shout. "And it sure doesn't help with one of my teammates being a hardass right off the bat." he said spitting his words out in disgust. Tama continued to walk away, ignoring Slates words "Thats fine just keep walking Mr. Tough Guy." he yelled again as Spencer from Team WASS walked out of the the dorm across from him.

Slate walked back into his own dorm and slammed the door. He let out an exasperated yell then asking more himself than the cousins "What's his problem?"

Spencer didn't quite understand how Arielle managed to find her so quickly. He picked this exact spot in the hopes that he would be left alone for quite some time. He was about ready to go somewhere else when he was taken aback after Arielle apologized to him. It was a shock considering how she acted a while ago. She didn't quite strike him as the type who'd apologize this quickly unless other people prompted her to do so.

A sigh escaped the boy's lips before he smiled wryly at Arielle. He placed his hand on her head and petted her gently.

"I can't forgive you." He told her while maintaining that smile. "because you haven't do anything wrong." He said to her in a gentle voice.

"but... all my life all I've done was screw things up. My very own parents disowned me because I was a worthless piece of shit that belonged with the garbage. I couldn't live up to their expectations. So when they deemed me unsuitable for the role they had in mind, I was disposed like unwanted trash. My uncle took pity on me and took me under his wing. Taught me the basics... turned me into a Huntsman. After that, I attended Signal. During my years there, I never befriended anyone. Like a ghost, nobody ever noticed my presence but that was fine. Being alone was fine. I was used to it. Over the years, Solitude became my sanctuary. I learned that nobody can judge me, nobody can hurt me, nobody can hate me. But that was just pointless escapism. I am well aware of that. Even so, it allowed me to carry the burdens that I bear ever since my parents abandoned me. My ultimate goal... was to show them that I am not just some useless, worthless piece of trash... That my life wasn't meant to be a meaningless one... And that determination was fueled by hatred. Pretty soon... that noble purpose was warped into something completely different... Now all I want... is to bring the McNight family down... I have lost the entire reason of my existence. That purpose is the only thing that keeps me going everyday..." He told Arielle, his voice shifting to a grim one as he narrated the briefest summarization of his life to the girl.

"But even though the failure as I am... I can promise you one thing... I won't be throwing your ashes to the sea any time soon." He managed a weak smile as he ruffled the brunette's hair.

"Well, sorry for making you hear out all that stuff. Must have been pretty boring hearing all that crap..."

After Spencer finished his story, he ruffled Arielle's hair. It was sort of relaxing and it gave her time to think. After a while of thinking, she finally got what redemption meant. He didn't want to redeem himself as the robber of dust, but he wanted to redeem his worth to his family by taking them down.

"Your story was not boring. I didn't fall asleep after all." Arielle spoke. Arielle moved her body so she was starting to lean on Spencer's shoulder. She felt so relaxed. Maybe it was because she was on top of a roof with the wind blowing or maybe it was because of Spencer's presence. She closed her eyes for a while to turn off her semblance and to relax. "I'm glad you are my partner. I couldn't imagine anyone else putting up with me."

After awhile, Arielle perked back up. She felt like she relaxed enough and she accomplished her mission which was making up with Spencer. Arielle stood up and did various types of stretches energetically. "I think we should go back now. It's been a while." She managed to say while doing a backbend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh had taken his place on the bottom bunk in the room while 2 of his team were absent from the premises. He opened the drawer next to him in the bedside table pulling out a book on the history of beacon as he began to read for the night.

"Has anyone seen spencer or Arielle ? They've been gone for a while now" Josh asked voicing some concern for his team members.

GM
It was while all of this was happening when everyones respective scrolls beeped, signalling a message from someone. If they were to open it they would see their schedules for their first semester.

• (Breakfast will be served in the cafeteria any time between 7:00AM and 8:30AM)
    ---Monday---
    9:00 AM - 11:30 AM Dust Studies and Uses(With Mrs. Read)
    11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Lunch
    12:30 PM - 3:00 PM Grimm Studies (With Prof. Port (Sorry but Port and Oobleck are too good to take out >_<))
    ---Tuesday---
    9:00 AM - 11:30 AM Aura Studies and the History of Aura (With Mr. Onyex)
    12:30 PM - 3:00 PM History of Remnant (With Mr. Oobleck)
    ---Wednesday---
    9:00 AM - 11:30 AM Application and Use of Teamwork (With Prof. Mongrove)
    12:30 PM - 3:00 PM Combat (With Professor Vulpes)
    ---Thursday---
    9:00 AM - 11:30 AM Geography and it's Uses in Battle (1 Semester class(With Mrs. Noring))
    12:30 PM - 3:00 PM Leadership and Tactics (For Leaders Only)(With Headmaster Cordin Gale)
    12:30 PM - 3:00 PM Experimentation with Dust (For Teammates)(with Mr. Gloory)
    ---Friday---
    9:00 AM - 11:30 AM Exploration and Real Combat (with Mrs. Aplees)(Students will be given objectives to find in locations around Beacon (Like Forever Fall Forest and Emerald Forest) To complete. Student fails objectives if class ends before completing them. Medics waiting on hand in case of emergency)
    12:30 PM - 3:00 PM Weapons Improvement (with Mr. Norse)(1 Semester Class. Students will be improving their fighting styles with their weapons in this class.)

Facilities inside/around Beacon are open for students to use from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
    ---Facilities---
    Holographic Training Room (Located on the East side of beacon) (Large room that allows Holographs of Grimm for Students to practice and train fighting. Shows an Aura management Screen on it's roof. If a Students aura goes in the red the holograms will automatically turn off.)
    Sparring Rings (Located on the East side of Beacon)(23 Sparring rings all in 1 big building)
    Library (Located in the Center of Beacon's main Building that houses the classrooms and dorms)
    Mission Room (Located near the Docking Bays for Bullheads. 1st years can only do small D-Rank missions like collecting materials or studying under a Professor. Not available to First Years until the 2nd Semester)
    Docking Bays (located at the South Cliff Face on Beacons Grounds. Bullheads will be leaving and coming to/from Vale back and forth.)
    Part-time Job Counter (located next to the Headmasters Office at the top of the Main Building. This is where students will go to get a job in beacon to earn some Lien)

Students can come and go from Beacon as much as they want as long as they show up to classes. If a student misses 3 classes because of this then they lose this privilege for the rest of the year.[tab=Team WAMS's Schedule]

At the bottom of every message there was also something labelled 'For Those wondering About the Vytal Tournament' and, if opened, it would say "The Vytal tournament will be during the middle of Second Semester. Slowly but Surely students from other schools will be coming from all corners of remnant to participate in it. It will be held at a public Arena building in Vale. Students from other schools will also be staying at hotels and things like it all around Vale. Be Vigilant and Mindful, because those of you who wish to participate in it, these people will be your opponents."

Last edited:
Sighing more out of relief than exasperation, Spencer stood up as well and nodded at Arielle's direction. Then he had an interesting idea. The mere thought of doing what crossed his mind in that particular moment prompted him to make an impish grin.

Sneaking up behind the brunette, he swiftly picks her up in his arms and starts running towards a dark section of the wall of the building. When he activated his Semblance, they slipped through the shadow of the wall instead of colliding with it. Moments later, they emerged behind Windia who let out a surprised yelp when the two of them suddenly materialized out of thin air.

Before the white-haired girl could question him, however, their PDA's all rung simultaneously alerting them that they received a message. Setting down Arielle gently on the floor, Spectre fumbled for his phone while Windia fished out her mobile device from her pocket.

"Aww, Spectre would have a different class for his leadership thingy." Windia said sulkily. "Anyways, I trust that you two already made up. Otherwise, I'll bash your heads together for being too stubborn." She jested.

"Windia, my friend. I practically carried Arielle here bridal style. Of course we already settled the matter." Spectre said after an exasperated sigh.

"So I have seen. Does this mean *gasp* You proposed to Arielle? You two are already getting married? Damn it McNight. I knew you had it in you but I never thought you were this smooth!" Windia exclaimed in bewilderment.

"Stop jumping into conclusions like a damn bitch in heat, woman!" Spectre protested in a flustered voice.

"Hore, so happy-go-lucky, energetic, thrill-seekers are your type, huh? You got quite the peculiar taste, Spectre. But when it comes down to it, Arielle is sexy in her own way. SHe may not have melons as big as mine but she's cute and that's part of her charm, right?" She says this to the flustered team leader with a blatant smirk on her face.

"Guhh... This striptease doesn't know when to back off..." Spectre grumbles before falling limply on his bed in resignation. Somehow, he felt like this was going to be a tough year.

Windia finally decided to let the poor guy have some R & R seeing that he went as limp as Jello when he collapsed on his bed. She felt the adventurous need to explore the dorm herself so she excused herself from the group and started venturing the dorm. However, not long after her excursion, she bumped into a certain guy whom she originally wanted to become her partner.

Last edited:
Reactions: RareSecret
Tama had been balancing his foot for quite a while when his scroll vibrated. Tama punched the tree away, the strong aura of his Semblance disappearing. Reaching in his pocket and pulling out the scroll, Tama found his schedule had been sent to him. "I'm having a blast as a huntsman guys... My ass... I'm going to kill that guy, No that "thing" isn't human... I need to call Rox."

"I'm sure tensions are just high." Alexis attempted to play the voice of reason, her left hand held up with her palm facing Slate in a gesture meant to get him to relax. Her years of experience in leading Alessa and being raised as the heir of a distinguished lineage paid off more often than she would have liked. Still, Slate was assigned to be their team leader and she didn't intent to step on his toes by taking charge of the situation. At least not so soon and while nothing dangerous was going on. If he wasn't up to the task when the time came.

"Oh please. This is such typical alpha male behavior." The 'bodyguard' as many of the other students from Signal so affectionately called her, had finally turned back to face her new team. She wore a rather disapproving expression, both hands on her hips. She too was not pleased that someone else was named team leader. She was used to following Alexis' lead, whether she liked that fact or not. It seemed that falling in line behind someone she didn't want to follow was just to be her life.

It was then that the students received their messages, thankfully breaking up the tense atmosphere. Alexis checked hers first, pulling up her scroll and giving it a quick glance over with her bottom lip lightly pinched between her teeth. "It looks like it's rise and shine at 6:30, tomorrow." She remarked in a rather matter-of-fact manner. "That is if everyone wants to get in a shower and everyone can calm down enough to sleep." She put heavy emphasis on the last part of her sentence just in case Tama was still within ear shot. Alessa gave a wary sigh before taking off her hat and slipping into the bathroom in order to change into her pajamas, laying down with her long legs stretched out.

"Thank you."

Arielle straightened herself after her backbend and looked up at the sky. It was quite pretty and was the perfect distraction for Spencer to pick her up. "Huh?" Arielle let out in the mist of her confusion before she realized that Spencer picked her up. Spencer started running toward the wall of the building which worried Arielle a bit. "If this is your idea of fun, then you are twisted." Arielle shouted while squeezing her eyes shut waiting for impact.

Arielle opened her eyes after hearing Winda's scream and her scroll going off. Spencer lets her down onto the ground gently. "That was awesome! How did you do that without causing us to die? You are going to have to teach me one day." Arielle enthusiastically spoke to Spencer.

Arielle grabbed her scroll out of her shirt pocket, and looked through the schedule that was sent to her. She looked through everything while ignoring Spencer and Winda's conversation occurring. Nothing really peaked her interests except for one thing 'Vytal Tournament'. Arielle might not win, but if she could get the thrill of fighting through this. She wouldn't miss it for the world. "I know what I'm doing this year!" Arielle shouted as she maked her way over to her bed with a smile on her face. She then went back to jumping on the bed since she had too much energy to sleep.

Tama began walking back to his group, but found himself hungry. "Wonder what the food is like?" Tama had walked to the cafeteria and gazed at the double doors. "This Ozpin has some class, but what about food?" Tama knocked on the door while opening it with a hard punch. "I'll fix it later. Anyone home? Hello?" The hall was quiet and spacious with no one in it, Tama walked sliding his finger on the tables. No dirt or dust, they're kept well. Tama then went to inspect the kitchen. The ingredients were actual food, in the sense that they weren't perishables and fat free items. Lazy and not wanting anymore trouble then necessary, Tama took an apple. He goes and sits on the table munching. Finishing his apple Tama tosses it into a trashcan. "Wake me when it's lunch..." Tama falls back and drifts to sleep.

Slate only half heartedly listened to the two girls talk. Honestly he didn't want to forgive Tama for being an ass. He would rather just let the issue simmer out and die. He walked towards his bed to lie down sleep, but he suddenly turned around and walked back towards the door. "I think im going to go for a walk." he said. As he left the room his scroll vibrated, he opened it a began to skim over it. While reading about the Vytal tournament he was suddenly interrupted by walking into what felt like another person. He closed his scroll to see the eyes of Windia looking back at him. "Oh.. uh sorry. I didn't see you there Windia." he averted his gaze towards the floor, embarrassed over her little amount of clothes.

Josh heard the beeping of his scroll checking the new lesson schedules and times facilities would be open. he quickly made a few reminders on his list while looking around seeing his team was now back. "And now everyone is back again" He chuckled sliding his scroll away and moving back to his book. Josh knew he was going to enjoy the time working in this team and stay close whatever challenges or such come their way.

GM
It was at this point in time that the sun had started going down and the moon started coming up, painting the sky in darkness and bright twinkling stars instead of the previous reds and oranges as the moons shattered pieces continued to drift signalling that it was 7:30 PM

Just when night came to Beacon, so did a Bullhead. It was a shipment of food and drinks, but it was not only that. There was also a young woman. When she stepped off of the landing gear, there was suddenly a little lifting movement at the rear. And that was no surprise. Almost 600kg/1322 Pounds just left the Bullhead with one step. Amber apologized for the inconvenience and then made her way towards the cafeteria. Certain matters slowed her down, which is why she was a bit late, and damn hungry. The headmaster surely could wait just a bit longer, and since she and her scroll were on the compound, he would know she arrived.

Amber arrived at the cafeteria and grabbed herself a tablet. For someone of her size, she had quite the big selection of food with her. Fresh bread, fried noodles with meatballs, a soup, a piece of strawberry cake, and 1 big mug with tea, and some pudding as dessert. Before sitting down, she took her main weapon and placed it on the ground beside her. Last thing she wanted was to destroy the school's property. It was her first year as combat professor at beacon, and she was already late. But she pushed her worries aside and instead began to dig in. It was her first meal in 2 days. At least she ate somewhat mannered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.