Roleplayer Guild - Homeless: Will Roleplay for Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be a really good cup of coffee...

RoleplayerGuild sucks pass it on

-Sole from RoleplayerGuild

Putting that in this thread is more like isolating it and building whirlpool of that sentiment than passing it on. Though I'm sure it's leaked into other threads.

Does anyone have a good site to write shiz up on? Old habit doesn't favor word processors.

Putting that in this thread is more like isolating it and building whirlpool of that sentiment than passing it on. Though I'm sure it's leaked into other threads.

Does anyone have a good site to write shiz up on? Old habit doesn't favor word processors.
This is as good a site as any to RP and post Off Topic shenanigans on.

Just don't jump on Spam's tendency to bandwagon a quadrillion copies of the same thread and you're good.
Oh, and don't getting an OT styled debate unless if the thread has the 'debate' tag on it. Then you can go nuts.

Do you mean to store while writing posts? If so, Iwaku has an automatic draft-saving feature, as well as a manual override.

If you mean for non-post-based writings, however, the only one I've really used is Google Docs. I tend to prefer offline word processors like TextEdit, so I've done little research into the matter.

I feel sorry for the poor lot that intentionally avoid the "DEBATE" tags on their threads, and get 'em anyways.
Do you mean to store while writing posts? If so, Iwaku has an automatic draft-saving feature, as well as a manual override.
If you mean for non-post-based writings, however, the only one I've really used is Google Docs. I tend to prefer offline word processors like TextEdit, so I've done little research into the matter.
Oh, it does? I must've missed it. The old way I did it, on past sites, was put my own user into the recipients. Iwaku does not approve.

Oh, it does? I must've missed it. The old way I did it, on past sites, was put my own user into the recipients. Iwaku does not approve.
When writing posts in the rich-text editor, there's a little clock with an arrow amidst the bbcode. You can use that to manually save drafts or delete drafts, one per thread I believe. It also automatically saves as you write, but isn't 100% reliable, due to refresh rates and such.

Outside of rich-text, however, I don't know if it works.

As for that messaging storage, I do that too and also noticed the nuisance of not being able to send yourself a message. There are two solutions:
  • Create a hidden blog entry. You can edit it as much as you like, but last time I checked, there was no preview option. Rather annoying to use, but perfectly feasible.
  • My personal long-term storage technique is as follows: send a message to a friend and then promptly kick them from the convo. You can then edit it as you like in private. However, make sure not to block further messages—once a convo is locked, you can't edit any posts therein in addition to the inability to post. It can, of course, be unblocked.
    • Note: when you are the only person in the convo, you can't post replies, but you can edit old posts. Just make a couple replies before you kick the other participant and you can cycle between them as you see fit.

• Useful
  • Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
Don't listen to Gwazi's dumb comments about the debate vs discussion stuff. >:[ He still gets it wrong after a dozen people explaining to him why they get mad at him in all those threads.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jorick
  • Useful
Reactions: Alphakoka
Don't listen to Gwazi's dumb comments about the debate vs discussion stuff. >:[ He still gets it wrong after a dozen people explaining to him why they get mad at him in all those threads.
So I should be ignoring your debate vs discussion announcement and start debating in discussion threads?

But what I basically just said which you just said to ignore was "don't debate in non-debate threads".

So I should be ignoring your debate vs discussion announcement and start debating in discussion threads?

But what I basically just said which you just said to ignore was "don't debate in non-debate threads".

Well, you did say to "go nuts". Even debates in the debate threads themselves have limits.

Well, you did say to "go nuts". Even debates in the debate threads themselves have limits.
Well obviously within reason.
I figured common sense applied and didn't need to be specifically stated for people.

Well obviously within reason.
I figured common sense applied and didn't need to be specifically stated for people.
Nuts = Crazy = Extremely Irrational = Without Reason

Go nuts within reason, obviously.
gray.gif

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jorick
Nuts = Crazy = Extremely Irrational = Without Reason

Go nuts within reason, obviously.
gray.gif
It's a figure of speech. XD

If I said "It's raining cats and dogs" I doubt you guess would take it literally.
Well... at least I hope you guys wouldn't.

I'm actually considering going back for a while. All I do on here is goof off in general chat anymore. /sigh

I'm actually considering going back for a while. All I do on here is goof off in general chat anymore. /sigh

Well hey, switching to a different community is always a boost for creativity, I find.

Like, during the year between Guildfall and the Great Migration, I was primarily a Guild user, but I would make occasional visits to Iwaku whenever I found my RP muse faltering. Seeing a whole bunch of new RP's and new RPers usually got me into something new and increased my RP activity overall.

Well hey, switching to a different community is always a boost for creativity, I find.

Like, during the year between Guildfall and the Great Migration, I was primarily a Guild user, but I would make occasional visits to Iwaku whenever I found my RP muse faltering. Seeing a whole bunch of new RP's and new RPers usually got me into something new and increased my RP activity overall.
I definitely need something. I'm tempted to scrap everything I have and just say fuck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.