INTEREST CHECK Roleplay Idea..

oh i believe you, i read it...

and coven name....hmm....well why dont we just give the coven the old Celtic term for druids... Aes Dana or the wise ones??

sorry i got off topic. ummm..... idk coven name

As much as I <3 it...There is a difference between witches and druids.
And since we're trying to name a coven of witches, and not a grove of druids...

If we are going celtic then how about Tir na nOg

What does that name mean...??? and modern witches practice a form of magick derived from the 'Old religion' which was created by the druids...basically same thing...and this coven already worships a celtic deity

@Duchess_Bastet : This is true..Ohhh. What would be even better is if that was a name that had been passed down through the generations of witches that have lived in the town. /nod

@Wytch *nods* i like that idea lots and lots...

Tir na nOg is literally translated to Land of the Young. It is the otherworldly plane where the Tuatha De Danann (the Cletic Gods in ancient times) live.

Well that answers two questions.
One of which I've been wondering for ages. (Sorry, I may have an obsession with everything Celtci, but my knowledge is limited. =\ They're not the easiest people to find knowledge on.)

@Tenchi-Roku : I would look at that name and think of my friend every time I did. xD Her name is Dia. :P

no theyre not...and Tuatha is the celtic word for Lay...as in city or town...so..thats helpfull

Really?
'cause I've been in several book stores, (even my local metaphysical shop) and really haven't found much, if any, information on them. =\
Also the stuff that I find online is conflicting and confusing.

lets make a list and vote. my vote is for a family name, the original witch clan tthat started it instead of some cliche non-english term that means something lame. >.<

>_>;
Haha.
Erm.
Am I supposed to be writing a back story where the founding coven is related?

The Morrigan (I think i spelled that wrong sorry sorry Forgive me I am a Taoist not a druid or witch) is part of the Tuatha De Danann

no, not really, but the more modern covens probably would have kept the name of the founding coven (which most likely in the original times would have been a family name) well..would have kept the founding name out of respect for their elders