Rogue: The Uprising

YUL

His footsteps echoed down the hall, hollow clicks with each impact. They were here - the first group. It would be a long, tiring day of greetings and instructions and protocol-debriefings, and already, he could feel the strain of it. As they drove into the garage, their SUV would be swiftly stripped down and recycled, the useful parts stored away, the rest incinerated. They would be asked to wait in the entrance hall, and there, he would invite them into his home... into his trust. He had to pray that Keegan Hull knew what he was doing, setting things up this way.

In his hand he held a dossier folder - Finnegan Westfall, Keith Fuller, Temperance Rigel and Deckard Hallows. There was a fifth file, as well - but this one held only a high school portfolio and medical record - Rose Olsen. Of the five, he'd only met Temperance - or Penny, as he was told she preferred to be called. She was a challenging young woman with a hell of a grip on her past... What he'd dug up was only a fraction, no doubt, of what she'd gone through, and Keegan had informed Yul that he wasn't to pry. That was then, when Keegan was accounted for. He couldn't promise that, now.

He'd have to vet them all… and in time maybe, just maybe they'd be in proper shape for the Orlando base.

Coming to the end of the hall, he paused, and folding his hands behind his back, nodded to the two men standing guard by the doors. They were pulled open, and inside the garage, another pair of guards moved to open the doors of the SUV, allowing the quintet to exit.

"Welcome to Orlando." Yul noted, matter of factly, "You're the first of your team to arrive. Please… make yourselves comfortable. These key cards…" he gestured, and one of the guards handed them out, "Will give you access to all unrestricted areas. Debriefing will be in three hours time."

Unfolding his hands, he swept one down the hall, "After you."

TAGS || @CloudyBlueDay, @Reythaak, @DarinValore

Luna Cambridge | Codename: Nostalgia | Location: Rogue HQ, Orlando Branch

Interactions: Adelaide @Elle Joyner & Uncle Kee @DarinValore

Fortunately, coming upon a gas station was fairly easy, on top of stealing an unmanned vehicle. Of course, Luna would've felt guilty. Should've. Probably would--later. However, in that moment, the only emotions she had registered was the lingering confusion brought on by Adelaide and Uncle Kee's familial ties and a spark of hope so achingly pathetic, yet powerful enough to make her snag a jar of peanut butter. Perhaps it was desperation, rather than hope. Delusional desperation. What was the point? What good would it do to steal peanut butter?

Who was to say that Mac was still alive?

HQ was...currently is under attack. It stirred burning nausea deep in Luna's gut just thinking about it and she was surprised that the distraction hadn't caused her to swerve at some point. In lane. She had to stay in lane, figuratively and literally. She needed to keep herself together because breaking down now of all times was the absolute worst thing to do.

B-but I made a promise, she thought, eyes stinging, I made her a p-promise.

---

However, a more genuine breed of affection seeped into her visage as she continued, "O-oh! By the way, no worries Mac. After a-all this blows over, I'll find you the grand slam big daddy jar of peanut butter. Th-the biggest you've ever seen, deal? Or, well, i-it could be grand mommy...but that sounds kinda weird and I d-don't know why...G-grand aunty then...?" she trailed off sheepishly.

---

That was what she said. She said it, straight to Mac's face, right before they dumped themselves into the maws of a trap. Mac, Josie, everyone else, swept up into a wave of overwhelming opposition. She couldn't help them. Could even hack into their security cameras, the most basic trick in the techno hacking book. What use was she, anymore? She had failed. Kept failing. Again and again and again...

Those thoughts plagued her the entire drive to Orlando HQ. She wanted to speak to Adelaide or Uncle Kee...or...would it just be Keegan, now? He wasn't her real uncle. In fact, her real niece was back in his arms now. So, maybe she needed to drop that clingy habit, maybe...No. That was dumb. Right? Right. She was overthinking and being selfish, incredibly so. Adelaide and Unc...Keegan and Vance were family. Simple as that, no need to look any further into it. The point was, she wanted to talk and comfort them, but her brain refused to cooperate and silence persisted; on her end, at least.

Finally, they reached their destination with Keegan's guidance, pulling into the garage. As the vehicle slowed to a stop and she cut off the engine, Luna flopped back into her seat, dead eyes set ahead tiredly. "W-we're here," she said, gaze straying over to Adelaide and Keegan. "Stick close with us, o-okay?" she said, her French clearly directed to the woman with a tired smile. A pause, steeling her nerves, and then she was hopping out, peanut butter in hand.

She prayed her family made it to Orlando safely.

• Love
Reactions: KatSea and junebug
FINN WESTFALL

The rest of the drive had been a little less somber, at least in Finn's view. With Rose nestled closely against him in the backseat, Finn kept quiet, trying his hardest to envision that everyone had made it to Orlando. Francis, Devon, Mac, even Lucas, who made him sincerely uncomfortable. He couldn't bear the thought that… they hadn't made it out in time. And he still couldn't wrap his head around.. Luna.

He expected some type of relief upon coming to the Orlando base, but it didn't come so easily. His stomach was in knots, desperate to know who if anyone had made it out. He'd hardly left the Miami base for five years until five minutes ago, and Orlando base… well, even before they met its leader he could tell it was a tight, tight ship.

Finn… was not used to being in a tight ship. He was not a tight person. So the stiffness in his posture was apparent quite quickly after entering the base. Their SUV was parts and dust moments after they'd stepped out of it. Finn tried to make conversation with the guards that stood posed blocking their exit, but they only glared. He suddenly felt very small again, even after the first day in his life that had made him feel a little more than a grunt at the bottom rung. Now… he was at the bottom in a whole new playing field.

Leaning towards Penny, Finn whispered. "This… isn't like Miami."

Yul was an uptight looking man. Finn suddenly found himself straightening his own posture, which was usually more slouched than a sloth. Rolling the key card over in his hand, trying to figure out what the restricted areas were supposed to be, wondering what he was gonna do for the next three hours until debriefing. Until he truly found out what…. who was left of Miami.

"S-so, uh…" Finn started, clearing his throat, trying to calm his nerves. "Dining hall… nearby?"

@Elle Joyner @Reythaak @DarinValore

GyD961v.png

Orlando.

Penny had come to Orlando only one other time, when she'd first come to Rogue for help. Fresh from the nightmare that her past had become, she'd come in desperation and Yul Huang had made it all too clear he was no Keegan Hull. He had pressed. He pressed and pushed and prodded, and she had learned then that nothing was sacred to the man.

Penny had fled the office, tried to flee the facility, and run straight into Keegan, who's comforting nature had been the reassurance she needed. The rest was history, or so she'd thought. But here she was again, and she could see the look in Yul's eyes. The hunger of a man who saw potential... Who saw his army growing.

Her eyes flickered to the folders in his hands, narrowing, before she looked to Finn, "No... It's not. Stick together. And don't try to go anywhere that card doesn't allow. I mean it. Don't." Gaze shifting to the others, she frowned. "Dining hall is three lefts down the hall."

"I'll come with you..." Rose murmured quietly, anxiously, moving closer to Finn.

TAGS || @CloudyBlueDay, @Reythaak, @DarinValore

R.I.E.F. Miami Branch
Collab: @Elle Joyner
He was coming. Maxine wasn't stupid enough to ignore what exactly that meant. Kaiden Hull had spent half a year, engulfed in Rogue, under the guise of his brother… his mission had been a complete success, and they should have been celebrating. But for the failures of the others. The damnable Ten. She'd told Kaiden it was a stupid decision to bring them on board. Even with the leash they put in place, the mutant spawn were reckless, arrogant and ultimately, they knew all too well they were expendable, whatever fortune it cost to ensure their cooperation.

They were trouble, and their failure had set RIEF back by miles. It was her personal hope that Kaiden would finally see how unnecessary they were and dispose of then. For good.

And so she had gathered them… Those few that remained at least loyal in appearance, the tablet in her hands, red lacquered fingernail poised, itching to press that delectable red button.

To Kaiden, victory was never victory if it had even a hint of failure...of defeat to permeate it and twist the savor into a bitter, disgusting flavor of disappointment. He had worked years on his plan, of which required every cog in the machine to work in unison guided by men and women he trusted to get the job done. But on the tail of one of the greatest victories he had obtain to this point, the Ten had done exactly what he had tasked Maxine with ensuring would never happen...they failed.

With a sigh he pushed through the door that led into the room where Maxine and what was left of the Ten awaited him, "This all of them that remain?" he looked over them, lingering on Emmanuel and his bruised face. Sucking his teeth, he moved on until he stood before Ket, "There are a couple missing?" He knew where one was, dead in the sewer tunnels where he'd left him, but what of the others?

"Vance is in one of the Chambers. He's been… sedated for now." Maxine began, smiling faintly, pleased with herself, "We've disposed of the idiot guards who failed to prevent their entrance to the lockdown facility. Lennox is in a holding cell. I suspect he was working with them… And this one." She hissed, dragging Ket forward by her arm, "Well… I figured you'd want to handle that yourself."

Kaiden approached Ket with a calmness he'd learned to master. When people were not able to read how you would react, the easier it was control them through that fear. He tilted his head as he studied the woman, "Let her go," he waited for Maxine to comply, "Eidelon a.k.a. Ket Simonov. Serbian mutant turned RIEF asset. Do you want to quit, Ket? Do you want to leave? Like Leon?" he raised his brows, "With Leon?"

Ket stared at the man, a brow lifting. For a moment, she said nothing, and her eyes flickered to the guards standing nearby, to the firearms at their sides, "I… Yes. I would."

Frowning, shaking her head, Maxine flipped open another link on the tablet, "Ungrateful bitch. I'll be glad to be rid of her. But you should see this first, sir. In case it… changes your mind." Holding the tablet out to him, she looked at Ket in disgust, "I'm disinclined to think it should."

Taking the tablet, Kaiden's eyes danced across the screen, a small frown spreading across his lips, "I see," he finally said as he handed back the tablet. Holding his hand out to one of the guards, he continued, "Sidearm, please," his eyes turned to the others, bouncing from mutant to mutant, "I had hoped to come back here to celebrate with you all. My mission had been a success, and one of the key hubs for Rogue has crumbled today."

He took the weapon and circled around Ket. His finger deftly slid the safety lock before he chambered a round. When he stood before Ket once again, he lifted the weapon, barrel pointed to her forehead, "I had a unique conversation with Leon today. He was willing to throw all of this away to save you, Ket, to set you free no matter the cost. He betrayed RIEF. He betrayed me," he paused and shrugged, "Because of you, Ket. So I killed him," he paused, "Do you know who I blame? Do you know who I hold responsible for all of this?"

Some of the others shifted, and there was an audible gasp from the young woman standing beside Emmaunel, but Maxine had to bite back a smile, all too glad of what she was seeing.

Ket, however, only stood, her fists balled tightly, nails biting hard into her palms… waiting, her answer flat and empty, void of the emotion that briefly sparked in her eyes, "No, sir. I don't."

"You," he turned, looked passed Ket to Maxine, the weapon following his gaze. Without another word, he fired a round into her pretty little head, specks of blood dotting him and Ket's side.

With a disappointed sigh, he stepped back and handed the weapon back to the guard, "Transfer Ket to the Facility," Kaiden pulled a small needle from his belt and handed it to the guard, "Give her this. Don't worry, she won't hurt you," he reached out squeezing her arm comfortingly, nullifying her abilities in the process, "As for the rest of you," he turned to face the group as the guards set on Ket, "Maxine did not know how to manage you appropriately. Therefore, I will take a personal interest in this group...the Six. You step out of line..and I won't just kill you."

"I think, sir…" Emmanuel said with a small grin, watching as Ket was led away, "We can work with that…"

"Good," he nodded, "Now clean this mess up."

cafeteria explorers
collab with @Elle Joyner

Frowning at Penny's warning, Finn shoved his hands in his pockets. Seemed like she'd been here before, and it hadn't left a great impression. He nodded sheepishly at her words, but they didn't seem to settle in on him too hard. Instead, he turned to Rose with a big smile, now quite used to how clingy she seemed to be.

"I'm starving." He hummed, turning to start in the direction Penny had pointed him in.

"Me… me, too." Rose noted, "I… I don't know how. I didn't expect to be hungry, after all that." She'd slept - somehow - at the motel, and it had helped to improve her mood greatly. Food, she hoped, would relinquish the last of her anxiety and give her a little peace, "Though I dunno about this place. K...kinda intense. You see what they did to the car?"

Swallowing, Finn shrugged. "It's, uhm… it's a bit more strict here, is all." He didn't want to scare Rose, but it certainly wasn't the welcoming Miami base he had hoped to bring her into. "They have to be careful, with everything that's happened. "But things will smooth over, once everyone shows up, and we'll be fine." Were they staying here, permanently? Were they gonna rebuild Miami? He wasn't sure this could ever be home, despite what he was saying to Rose.

"Reminds me of my piano instructor…" She said with a small, uneasy smile. The smile faded as he went on, however, and she bit her lip, "It's okay though, Finn. I… I know it's not ideal, but it's not your fault. And I'm not gonna get scared off, just cause it's a little… uh… rigid."

A shimmering smile appeared on Finn's face, nodding at Rose. "I'm glad, Rose. Really. That's really good." She was proving to be stronger than he thought, every moment. "Piano, huh? I wish I had learned that. I think I had an teacher for a couple years, but I forgot it all." He scratched his chin. It felt like eons ago that his parents had tried and tested a million private tutors, and he barely remembered what he was supposed to have been learning.

Chuckling, she shrugged, "Not exactly as fun as it sounds. My parents weren't big into recreational activities. It was a little like this place. Just tense. Cold." Smiling, she looked over at him, "Miami was different, wasn't it?"

Sighing, Finn looked down. He didn't exactly get the nicest, coziest feeling from all the times Rose talked about her family. At her question, he shook his head. "..Very. Even Penny seemed… tense. That's already a bad sign." Finn bit his lip. "Miami was my home. But Rogue is more my home than anything… so we'll just make home in a new place. It'll be okay."

"She's been here before, right?" Rose asked, a brow lifting, "Seemed like she knew the place. Doesn't matter much to me. I'm just glad to be away from…" Blinking, she trailed off, rubbing her arms, "Well, you know…"

Finn shivered. "Mhmn. I know." His hand's couldn't be jammed any further down his pockets. "I guess she has been. Penny doesn't really talk much about her past. Like, ever." He thought back to the last time Rose and him talked about Penny… about how now he definitely knew more than Penny would ever want him too. "Uh, food. Let's focus on food. Three doors down. Here we go." Finn pushed the door open, grinning at the sight of the large cafeteria. "Yes! It's huge!"

"I think it's hard for people like Penny…" Rose continued, softly, "She's so strong. And I think she's strong cause of all of you, and she probably feels like if she… if she lets go, if you found out how busted up she was on the inside, you wouldn't look up to her as much." As they entered the cafeteria, she paused, a brow lifting, "Oh, wow. It's like… it's like a ballroom."

"Rose," Finn whined, shaking his head. "No more about Penny, okay? I don't want to try and get inside her head. I-It's not fair to her." He sucked in a breath as he gazed about the empty cafeteria. "Like a ballroom, huh? Did you take ballroom dancing lessons, too?" He teased, jokingly spinning into the room, holding one hand out and the other back as if he were waltzing.

"You're sweet, you know that, Finn? The way you care…" Looking at his hand, she grinned, and reaching out, took it, "...Actually… yeah, I kind of did."

Grinning as she took his hand, Finn laughed. "Shoulda known. And stop saying all that, okay? Don't know how much I like hearing it." He smirked down at her. "Alright then, so you gonna show me how to cafeteria dance or what?"

Placing a hand on his shoulder, Rose shook her head, "It's been a while, and I'm not used to leading, or… you know… being in a cafeteria… so… sorry if I step on your toes. And I told you back at Harper's, Finn. I'm not gonna stop saying it if it's true. You're… you're my friend, and you deserve better than what you got in life. We both do. Now… step back…"

Blushing, Finn looked away, though the smile on his face never left. "Y-You're my friend too. And I don't know if you've seen me at all, but I'm the most off-balance person you'll ever meet. So if anyone's gonna step on some toes, it's gunna be me." A look of determination flashing across Finn's face, he stepped back as told, one hand holding hers and the other held awkwardly at his side.

"What?? You should be especially good at this… Air powers." Grinning right back, she stepped as he did, and turned to make the next circuit, "It's easier with music. Though, I doubt they've got speakers or anything in here."

"You haven't even seen me fly," Finn said. "I look like someone got dropped out of a plane." Trying his best to follow her movements, Finn laughed. "Nah.. Yul didn't really look like the party type." Instead, Finn started to hum, some sort of random old-timey melody, trying to keep up with Rose's movements.

"Like someone…" Laughing, she shook her head, "It's probably hard to look graceful and fly, Finn. Besides… at least you can do it!" Stepping back a little, she lifted his arm and spun under it, before swinging back in, "Hey… We're pretty good at this."

Watching her spin under him with wide and excited eyes, Finn beamed. "N-not as bad as I thought we'd be," He said with a grin. He took a step forward, perhaps a little out of time, stumbling into her, unable to catch himself quick enough.

With a squeak, Rose stepped a little too late and slipped on the tile beneath her feet, toppling back, still holding Finn's hand.

Finn let out a yelp as she tumbled, trying his best not to fall on top of Rose and crush her. He clung onto her hand and pulled her back up, pulling her a little too close. Finn froze, hardly aware of the one hand he had on her back to make sure she stayed upright. "S-s-sorry --" He blabbered.

Her bright laugh echoed through the cafeteria, as she dropped her forehead to his shoulder, trying to contain the fit of giggles that had overtaken her, "Alright… so maybe we're not meant for Dancing with the Stars…"

He blinked, tingling at the echo of her laugh as he found it infectious. Giggling with her, Finn laced their fingers together. "Maybe not… but we'd win cafeteria dancing for sure. Unmatched competition."

"We're champions!" She agreed, leaning back a little to look up at him. For a moment, she was quiet, before she went on, a little softer, "Hey… Finn?"

Taking a breath, Finn looked at Rose. "Y-Yeah?" He mumbled, not letting go of her hand.

"...I'm really glad I met you." The smile returned, brighter.

"M-me too," He returned quickly, cheeks rosy red. "Can I… ask you something?"

"Sure…" She answered, with a small nod.

"I-is it okay if I.." Finn paused. "...kiss you?"

Rose's cheeks burned red, and she tucked her hair back behind her ear with her free hand, her eyes suddenly taking in just how maddening clean everything in the cafeteria was… "...Do… do you want to?" But that was a stupid question. He wouldn't have asked if…

"...Y...yeah, Finn. I think… I think I'd like that."

Breath hitching, Finn leaned forward, tucking his hand behind her ear as closed his eyes, pressing his lips against hers.

It was difficult not to think, in that moment, just how long it had been since Rose had been around anyone half decent… and Finn, well… Finn was beyond half decent. Keith, Penny, Deck… they were all so wonderful. But Finn…

Her heart gave a near painful throb, and her eyes stung as his lips brushed hers, but when he pulled away, her smile was as warm as her cheeks, "...T...thanks."

He'd definitely never felt fuzzy like this. His first kiss, and it spread within him a warmth like Finn had never felt before. It was almost hard to pull away, and when he did, he noticed the tears brimming in her eyes. "Oh - oh my god, Rose - I'm so sorry, wh-what did I do - oh crap, w-w-was it th-that b-bad?" He babbled frantically, pulling his hand away from her face in fear.

"What? OH!" Laughing softly, Rose shook her head, reaching to take his hand, curling her fingers through it, "No, no… Finn. No. I just…" With the back of her other hand, she dried her cheeks, "It wasn't bad. Not at all. It was nice. Really nice. I just… it's been a while since… since anyone's been so nice to me."

Finn squeezed her hand, panic still filling him. "R-really? A-are you sure? C-cause I-I-I've never k-kissed anyone, and - and j-j-just because I'm n-nice to you doesn't mean that I should k-kiss y-you and definitely also b-because you d-d-d-eserve the best and y-you could have anyone y-you w-want a-and--"

"I'm sure, Finn." Rose answered, without a trace of hesitation. Her smile brightened, as she squeezed his hand in return, "Really. I… there's… I've never… before, either. And there's nobody else I'd rather… I mean…" Biting her cheek, she shook her head, before throwing her arms around his middle, hugging him tightly, "...I'm good, Finn. Honest."

Sucking in a deep breath, Finn nodded. "O-okay. G-good." He whispered, returning the hug just as tightly. "I-I… really liked d-dancing with you." He mumbled.

"Me, too, Finn." Pulling back, Rose grinned, "...And...the other thing, too. That… that was nice." Taking his hand once again, she gave it a light tug, "Now c'mon. Let's see what they have to eat in this place, before that scary guy comes to lock the fridge or something."

"And the other thing too." Finn mumbled, cheeks still red as a tomato. He let her pull him along, smiling. "R-right. Priorities. Hope they have fries.."

Last edited:
Keith Fuller
Interactions:
No one, really.​

It took a couple moments for Keith to get out of the vehicle, stretching briefly when he did and eyeing the guards. His pulse had increased on the way to Orlando, and he was pretty sure it wasn't going to lower back to anything "normal" for a while. New environment. New people. New schedules. A lot of new things he didn't know anything about. He felt anxiety's grip firmly in his rib cage, and immediately wanted to start studying everyone's auras.

But. After today? It felt like way too much to do that now. The drive had taken quite a bit out of him.

The keycard was taken and slipped into his pants pocket, then he cocked his head slightly as he listened to Penny's warning.

Oh there's no way I'm doing this blind…

The swirl of colors came into semi-focus again, and Keith inspected Yul. He… didn't like what he saw. The colors were… concerning.

"I just want to sleep more…" he admitted quietly. He ended up asking one of the guards where he could crash for a bit and getting his own directions that way, reassured that someone would come get him in the next couple of hours or so.

Reactions: junebug
GyD961v.png

They had only been here for a short time and Deckard was already done with the Orlando branch. Yul ran a outfit in a militaristic way, and while Deckard respected that, he was too free a bird to fall in line. Though he'd never admit it to anyone but Penny, Deckard missed the short amount of time he'd spent in the Miami office. Keegan understood individualism and how, if directed correctly, could result in a stronger team than this bullshit.

While Finn and Rose went off to the cafeteria and Keith went to do his thing, Deckard followed Penny as she lead him to the gym. That's where they told the resource officer they were going to be when he was ready to bring them a change of clothes and directions to their rooms. It was a nicer gym than the one in Miami, but a militaristic regime would come with a shitload of tidiness rules no doubt. Deck whistled as he looked around, "Nice place," he looked to Penny, "How come you didn't stay here?"

Frowning, Penny looked around the gym, taking in the sight with an odd mixture of feelings. It was nice. It was undeniably nice - just as she remembered it, but it was all free of dirt, of grime… of life. Gym equipment should never be shiny, and yet in here it gleamed like a mine full of silver.

Moving to one of the bags, she reached for the roll of sports tape on top and wound a length of it around her hands, one at a time. Flexing her fingers, she balled her fists, plowing a hit into the side of the bag, "...Yul… the man who met us in the hall. He runs this place when Keegan isn't here. When I got here, he started digging… dug too deep, and when I told him to stop, he wasn't exactly compliant." Driving a few more punches into the bag, her jaw tensed, as pain splintered through her knuckles, "Bastard pushed too far, and I left."

Taking the opposite side, he gripped the back and leaned into it, "Seems like a guy that has to know everything. Still, can't complain that he's producing good results here, it seems."

"So it seems." She muttered, hitting harder than she meant to. Swearing, she pulled back and shook out her fist, "Damn…"

"Careful, Mighty Mouse," he circled the bag and held out his hand, "I can't fix a broken hand. Let me wrap it a little more, add a little more between your hands and the bag."

Frowning, she looked down at her hand, before holding it out to him, "Sorry. I… I just hate this place. I hate that we have to be here at all. Not knowing… not knowing what's going on back home. Who got out… This isn't where I'd pick to be on the best of days. Hell if I wanna be here, now." Looking up at him, she managed a small, dry smile, "That and they overfill the bags. Yul likes to push people in all different ways, I guess."

"I don't think they're overfilled," he smirked as he began to wrap more tape around her hand, "I think they're underused. Everything here looks as though they just bought it. There's character to any of it."

"You should see the kitchen. It's like no one's ever stepped in the room." Fingers curling with the new tape, she looked up at him and smirked. Stepping back, she staggered her hips and held up her hands, giving her fingers a little wiggle in his direction, "Fair spar this time? No powers…?"

"Can you even turn your powers off?" He asked, crossing his arms over his broad chest.

Breathing out, she shook her head, "I can't, but what I learned from you… back in Miami… It's gone. That's how it works. I can learn it… memorize it for a while. Repeat it back, perfectly. But after an hour or two… it's gone for good. It's that way with everything I see… Even things I don't want to see. Things I taught myself through reading or whatever. If I see it, and it gets in… it's gone."

"Huh," he said with a nod, dropping his hands, "In that case, get in the ring and I'll wrap my hands."

Looking him over, she smiled faintly. In a place like this, when it was so easy for her to get caught up in her secrets, just to protect them, he was still taking down walls, and he wasn't even trying. No prodding. No pushing…

"Bring it on, Big Guy." she teased, with a smirk, before making her way over and into the center ring.

Joining her in the ring, Deckard tested the tape by stretching his fingers. Pulling at the hem of his shirt, he lifted the rag over his head and threw it away, "Alright, don't hold back. Haven't had a proper spar in a while," putting up his hands, he joined her in the center of the ring.

"Oi…" She muttered, giving him a look, "That's borderline cheating. You make it so damn hard to concentrate." With a smirk, she held up her hands, and stepping towards the center, she breathed in, deeply, then released, letting a left cross fly.

Deckard batted away the cross with little effort, "Come on," he smirked. Before throwing a right jab.

Blocking, Penny stepped back, and swung out with her right, stepping into it again to counter with a left, "Slowing down already, Deck? You join Miami and get domestic, huh?"

Thuds sounded as her blows met his arms, "Slowing down? Nah, don't want to hurt you," he smirked before feigning a high left hook before throwing a right jab to her body.

She fell into the feign and took the jab with a small grunt. She recovered quickly, and a brow lifted as she looked back at him, "...That why you hittin' like a kitten, Sugar?"

He smirked and shrugged, "I can take your hardest hit, Mighty Mouse. Not sure the opposite is true."

"I said bring it on, didn't I?" Penny said with a grin, before sweeping her leg to catch his ankles.

Deck's obvious flirting left him open as her leg caught his ankles. With a heavy thud, he hit the mat, but quickly rolled to his back in a guard. A chuckle slipped through his lips, "Alright. How's your ground game?"

Grinning, she shrugged, stepping over him, "I dunno, Deck… Because I'm not the one on the floor…"

"Not yet," he spun and reached for her ankles.

She moved, but not quite fast enough, and with a squeak that drove color to her cheeks, she toppled, just catching herself before she crashed into Deck completely, "...Well… now… Got me, there."

Looking up at her, Deckard shook his head slightly, "If I didn't know better, I'd say you wanted to be right where you are."

"Hmm…" Curling her arms, she rested them on his chest, and a grin split her lips, "What exactly are you trying to insinuate there, my dear Deckard?"

Deck's hands landed on her thighs, "Nothing that isn't true."

Sitting up a little, she smirked, her hands covering his, fingers lacing through his, "Maybe I just wanna show up my ground game…?"

Smirking, Deckard tilted his head, "What ground game?"

Brow quirked, she slid her hands, and his with them, just a little higher along her leg, leaning forward, "...I mean… I don't wanna embarrass you, or anything…"

"You can try," he glanced at his hands as they moved under her guidance, before looking up into her eyes, "Won't be as easy as you think."

Leaning forward, she shifted her hands brushing the hair from his forehead with a small sigh, "You're gonna be trouble for me, ain'tcha…"

"Someone has to be," he moved his hands to her waist and slid his thumbs gently against her.

"Good thing I like a challenge…" Leaning forward, she paused, barely an inch from his lips, her smile crooked slyly, "How's that for ground game?"

"Almost good enough to make me tap," he licked his lips, "Almost."

"Hmm…" Tipping down just a bit further, she let her lips fall to his, fingers winding to the back of his neck.

As Deck kissed her back, his hands slid south, rounding her butt where he gently tapped with both hands, a smirk teasing at the corners of his lips.

TAGS || @DarinValore

Rogue Orlando Branch
Alys and Keegan​

You didn't tell me that he joined Rogue!" Alys spoke into the phone quietly, but with an obviously upset tone, "I didn't sign up for this. You promised that if I helped you, you'd help me, but this is going too far. I won't-" her words were cut short by the voice on the other line and Alys' tone changed, "but-" she was interrupted again, "Fine. No, I'll do it. You don't have to send someone else. Just give me a little more time. Deckard's arrival changes things."

There was a click and Alys' grasp tightened around the phone. She pulled back to throw it, and paused in mid-motion, a frustrated groan slipping through her lips. Shaking her head, she started to her desk, opened the drawer and then peeled back the top panel before slipping the cellphone back into it.

Passing her fingers through her blonde hair, Alys took a few deep breaths. She couldn't hide out in her room until Deckard left. She was going to have to go out there and face the awkwardness at some point. Maybe she should just get it over with and talk to him now. Shaking out her hands, she nodded, "If I were Deckard, where would I be?"

She rolled her eyes and headed out the door.
—————————————————————

Keegan slid out of vehicle and groaned as his feet touched the pavement beneath them. He'd seen better days and as soon as Doc arrived...if she survived...he'd be back to his old self. For now, though, he had work to do. Yul while a capable leader, would not understand his people and eventually he'd but heads with the wrong ones. He'd have to talk to Yul as soon as possible, but he wasn't the first person on his mind.

"Where's Penny?" Keegan asked the closest guard. When the man didn't answer right away, he asked again.

"She's been at the gym," the man finally replied, "With Deckard."

Keegan's brow knitted together and he quickly took off toward the gym, "You two come with me. Now," he spoke to the guards and started toward the gym.
————————————————————-

Alys stopped just shy of the gym once she heard voices from inside. Checking her watch, she pinched her brow before listening in. While she could not hear what was being said, she swore when she recognized one of the voices. The man's voice was definitely Deckard's. That voice haunted her dreams every night, but the woman's she could not recognize. Pressing herself against the wall, she peeled in to see Deckard in the ring with another woman on top of him.

Alys felt her cheeks redden and heat rise at the back of her neck as she watched their interaction. This woman was a slut. She had to be to let Deckard touch her like that out in the open. Deckard deserves better than her...a woman of higher quality like herself.

Then she leaned over him. Was she just gonna fuck him right here? The thought made her stomach turn, "Disgusting," she whispered. If Deckard didn't stop this woman soon, then Alys was going to have to do something.

Then Alys' breath caught in her lungs. Her fingernails dig into the palms of her balled fists. That whore kissed Deckard!

"That's it!" She breathed as she pushed off the wall.

The sound of steps coming down the hall distracted her. She forced her hands to relax and nodded before spinning on her heel and heading the other opposite way back to her room.

Standing outside of the door, Keegan spoke, "You stand at the door, and you come in with me. No one comes in," he ordered before heading into the gym, "Penny," he called out before seeing her.

Feeling A Little Better

The ride to Orlando HQ was filled with ups and downs for Hex and Josie. It was silent for most of the ride, however, there was also serious talk and laughter. Josie was made painfully aware they could not return to Miami HQ to get her notes or even preserve their home. She took it hard and her mind was made to believe that it was all her fault. She'd made a mistake, a horrible, tragic mistake that cost the lives of many and she could not undo the heavy weight that'd settled on her shoulder. Everyone would wonder what'd happened and she would have to face them.

After a good cry, a few crazy songs cheered Josie up and she was relieved and grateful to have a best friend like Hex. The silver Honda pulled up three hours later, long after the other survivors arrived. Leon was off her mind, and so was her insistence that they turn back around to grab her notes. Josie opened the door and unbuckled her seatbelt. She turned her body around and landed on her good leg before she surveyed the unsettling atmosphere of Orlando HQ. It was a stringent atmosphere, filled with guards at every corner.

Josie took a deep breath, not a fan of the rigid atmosphere. It was more loose at Miami, so to speak, and a stress reliever in a way. Orlando HQ peaked her stress levels and tensed her shoulders. Who would they meet next? Someone who micromanaged everything their crew did under their rules? She ran her hand through her hair and moved towards the front of the vehicle, careful not to put too much pressure on her bad knee. She shut the door and grimaced. Everyone was so welcoming here… Their glares, their frowns. They were so far from it actually, and after a long day, Orlando HQ wasn't the kind of place she wanted to be greeted with.

"Alright Hex, how do we want to do this? I feel like an old grandma right now."

@Reythaak @anyonetbhhelpheroutdearlord

Collab: Into the Woods
Interactions: Leon @Elle Joyner and Francis @CloudyBlueDay
Location: One of Nick's old hideouts, on the way to Orlando HQ

The car pulled off onto an old dirt road, much of it obscured by undergrowth and trees. It creeped through the brush, following the old tire tracks, until there was a clearing. There was an old run-down shack, though it looked like something from a different time. The paint on the outside had likely once been a bright red, but it had probably also been whole and standing straight up. Now it leaned, with a lopsided roof, and plant life slowly pulling it further into the earth.

Closeby, there was an old, dark blue SUV. It too seemed to be slowly claimed by plant life, though for not nearly as long as the shack. A tire had gone completely flat; despite this and the obvious wear and tear of an older and well-used vehicle, it almost looked as if it could be restarted and driven again.

Nick pulled up alongside the blue SUV, glancing around one last time at the other vehicle, the shack, and the clearing they were in.. "Well, here we are."

Francis had taken on a somewhat somber tone in the car. Her gaze was steely, kept straight ahead for the majority of the trip, and her mouth shut. Admittedly, she felt a little bad. Nick had obviously felt attacked by her, but dammit if he didn't deserve it.. A little. She always wished she had bitten her tongue… after the fact. Hell, she was nervous. Stuck in the car with two strangers, her home, gone. Intruders, imposters, injuries.. She hadn't had a clear moment to wrap her head around it, so she took that time in the car to do it.

Despite her head telling her not too, she wanted to trust Leon and Nick. She wanted to believe them both, to think that their intentions were only good and nothing else, that it was just the world that had twisted their arm. But she'd seen first hand that even if someone was given every bit of love and nurturing they deserved, they could still turn their back on the ones who cared for them most.

Francis opened the car door as soon as they stopped, desperate to stretch. The shack was… quaint. Quaint, meaning, falling apart. But it looked.. Lived in. Once, perhaps, loved. Francis ran a finger down the hood of the old SUV, collecting the dust and drawing a line in its absence. "You ain't been here a while." She muttered.

This is what they make you give…

As he looked from one SUV to the other, and his eyes roved over the beat down shack, Leon's own words resonated back in his mind. For RIEF it was humanity, claimed by a necessity to survive. For Rogue… it seemed, everything else. Ironic,the two sides of the coin that life had tossed.

He could breathe just a little easier out in the boonies… no drones circling overhead, no scanners, skimming for mutant life, but he stayed in the car nevertheless. This was Nick's space. And somehow that seemed sacred… important.

That, and every motion felt like fire to Francis's makeshift surgery.

Nick slipped out of the car after shutting off the car by pulling a wire from the tape wad that had held them all together for the past hour. He'd restart it after he'd grabbed everything from his old SUV and siphoned off the other gas tank.

He spared the old shack a look; it didn't feel right to call it his. It had never really been his. He'd just happened to stumble across it and not find anyone else squatting inside. The car was more his than the shack, and even that hadn't begun that way. He'd tried to stop being sentimental about cars somewhere around when he'd had to steal the third one after the raid on his home. Still, he'd had this one a while. It was hard to say goodbye to things that felt like they were yours, even if they weren't really.

"Yeah. Been about…a month and a half, I think," he commented, after watching Francis draw a line in the dust. He knew he hadn't said anything particularly mean or untrue earlier when he'd asked to stop here, though he regretted the way it came out. He'd be lying if he hadn't noticed how quiet the car ride had been afterwards. He tried to push it out of his head as walked to the back and jiggled the lock on the trunk. It popped open after a moment, revealing two plastic tubs that held bagged rice, beans, and oats, containers of nuts, canned fruits and vegetables, and a box or two of generic brand cereal. There were also the aforementioned jugs of water, a medical kit, radio, toolkit, and two clear tubes. There were a few other things too, some of it in the front seats, though the most prominent were a gas can and a backpack that looked stuffed to the gills.

There was indeed an air of calmness here, one that Francis fought hard against. This shack, at one point or another had been home to Nick. And home was hard to think about, when it had been taken from you. She followed Nick to the trunk of the car and blinked at the amount of food and supplies he had stashed away. It was, simply put, a crap ton. Francis considered that maybe if Nick was okay with bringing all this to Orlando, he didn't plan on.. running away, anymore.

"I can take the things to the car if you.. want a moment." Francis said with a nod, her tone soft. A rarity. "Don't think our travel companion is doing so hot, anyhow.." She raised her voice. "Leon? You alright?"

Snapping out of his own reverie, Leon leaned forward a little to look out the window, hooking his thumb and pointer together in an 'ok' sign, "Holdin' together, still. Take your time…"

Nick felt it was strange, looking at everything he'd stashed back here, knowing that he was loading up the other vehicle to give this over to other people. People that needed it more, ultimately, though it wasn't as if he'd ever been stingy with giving what he had to people that needed it. He'd made quite a few allies and connections that way, some of them being the closest he'd come to friends in quite a while. It was strange, but he was at peace with it. He knew that if the worst came to worst, he could pick back up and start again. He could do it without any of this, because he'd done it before. He hoped, though, that he wouldn't have to. The bit of Rogue he knew had fallen apart, and yet they were still going. It bode well; better than his experience in the past had been, in any case.

Nick glanced over at Francis with a nod. "Please," he murmured before casting a look back at the other vehicle. He frowned a little. Hopefully, Leon's wound wouldn't get infected. Still, it couldn't be comfortable. Immediately after thinking that, Nick nearly smacked his own forehead. Instead, he reached forward for the medical kit, popping it open to grab a bottle of painkillers. "I didn't think to grab some earlier," he told Francis.

"S'alright." Francis murmured, with a nod. "I'll take care of him. You take a minute." She took the painkillers from him, as well as grabbing the med kit, and opened the door to the backseat with Leon. Her brows furrowed. It was very unlike her to give anyone a minute, but a strange sense of calmness had washed over Francis. There wasn't the usual tenseness in her step, though her forehead was crinkled deep in some other thought.

• Love
Reactions: KatSea and junebug
Into the Woods Pt. II
With @Elle Joyner and @WingWong

Francis climbed into the back seat of the GMC. "Here," she told Leon, putting two pills in his hand. "Let me see the wound. Maybe we can clean it up a little."

Taking the pills, Leon swallowed them back, considering only briefly that it could be some quickly conceived plot to get rid of him… Fact was they could've, probably should've, left him to die in the sewers but they didn't, and he had to trust they weren't going to suddenly change their minds.

With the pills down, he lifted the edge of his shirt, flinching at the pull of the stitches, which had begun to bruise around the edges, "I tell you what. Whoever the hell he was… Your Keegan lookalike has a hell of an arm on him… Nick okay? This place… weird how it feels kinda… I dunno, sacred…?"

Frowning at the sight of Leon's wound, Francis took out a large bandage. "This'll at least keep it protected until we get to Orlando. They'll fix you up." She had no energy to respond to his joke. The thought of a fake Keegan running around was disconcerting. At his question about Nick, she closed her eyes.

"I… would give anything to go back home, even just for a moment. He's getting that moment. At least, some part of it. It's… not simple." Francis opened her eyes, peeling off the lining of the bandage and smoothing it over the stab wound as gently as possible.

Nick was, in fact, getting a little piece of home. Maybe not in the way some would imagine, but he was. The fact was that everything in this car was replaceable, minus what was in the backpack. That, ultimately, was what made the trip worth it to Nick. The backpack's contents were all he had left from before. He'd focus on all of that later, though. Right now, there were supplies to load into the other vehicle. So he slung the backpack on his back and picked up one of the plastic totes of food so that he could slide it into the other car's trunk.

Leon watched Francis as she worked, a small frown on his lips. Home. He didn't even remember his anymore. It had been so long since he'd left. Ket… she was his home, and he didn't even know if she was alive, anymore. He could feel his emotions building, and clearing his throat, he put a hand over hers, nodding behind her, "You'd better help him out with that stuff. I'm good."

Blinking, trying to snap herself out of her own thoughts, Francis moved her hand away. "A-Alright. Don't die while I'm gone, hm?" She said with a small nod opening the car door once more and slipping out to accompany Nick in moving the food items from the trunk.

She pulled one of the large containers straight into her arms and dropped it into their GMC without much trouble. "How long did you live here?" She said quietly to Nick.

Nick glanced over at her. "Not long. Two months, I think," he offered. His sense of time was still a little screwed at the moment, since he'd been on the move and been so busy with something or another for so long. Last time he'd been here was about a month and a half ago, and at the end of it, the shitfest series of events that led to his recruitment at Rogue happened. It was funny, how time flew. He set the bag and tub down before moving to grab some of the water.

Sucking in a deep breath, Francis hoisted another package of food into her arms. "I'm, uh. I'm sorry for earlier. I was a little… harsh." She kept her gaze forward. "Just… it's uh, obviously a bit of a tense situation.. and I'm not know for being the most sensitive."

"It's alright. It's not like you were wrong. I was acting suspicious. I just...I'm not used to having to explain myself, I guess," Nick said after a moment, collecting a few other things into his arms. He looked over at her. "I knew the fact that no one knows me, and that I don't really know anyone else was going to pop up at some point. I'm sorry, though. For how I reacted."

"Everyone's got a right to their secrets…" Francis murmured, shaking her head. "But yeah, next time you can be a little less suspicious. That's for sure." She smiled at him lightly with a nod. "I had a home once… RIEF raided it. Not sure how I'd sound if I could ask for the chance to go back, so… I get it. Some part of it, at least."

"Yeah," Nick started, voice trailing off at the end. "About that. I technically wasn't totally truthful about why I wanted to come here. It wasn't just for the supplies back here." He gestured back at the trunk of the GMC. "I came back for what's in the backpack. It's...well, it's all I have left. From before." He didn't clarify, though he thought she knew what he meant. Before his own home was raided. "I guess we're in the same boat with having our homes raided then, huh?"

Blinking, Francis looked up at him. His home had been raided too. She nodded, slowly, fingers digging into her crossed arms. "Guess so." From before. She knew what that meant, alright. She knew too well.. And for a moment, a fleeting moment… she was jealous. Because he at least had a damn backpack.

"Listen, Nick." She started, voice firmer now. "You're with Rogue. Don't care how long you've been with Rogue, you're with us. I'm not going to doubt you again, because I trust Rogue. Therefore, I trust you." Francis looked up at him, eyes narrowed. "Just don't give me any reason not too."

Nick gave her a small smile. "Thank you. I appreciate that," he said before snorting. "Who, me? Give you a reason not to trust me?" he joked, hands raised in surrender before he sobered up a little. "I'll do my best not to." With that, he grabbed the tool set, pair of clear tubes, and the gas can, fully prepared to swap the license plate on the back of the GMC and siphon off the rest of the gas from his old car.

"..Good." Francis murmured with one last nod, before moving to help him start siphoning the gas.

Once they'd finished the license plate transfer and filled up the tank, Francis used one of the food tubs to act as a booster for the driver's seat. Shooting Leon a presumptive glare, she reconnected the wires beneath the steering wheel and nodded. "We ready to go?"

When they were back in the van, Leon bit the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing as Francis wedged a tub into the driver's seat. It wasn't phone books, but it was close enough and he was glad for it - because what he'd overheard moments before through the open window wasn't something he wanted to dwell on for the rest of the trip, "...I'm all set."

After they'd finished, Nick placed the gear in the back of the vehicle, rested his hand on the old SUV as a final goodbye, and followed suit after Francis by getting into the passenger seat. He just managed to bite his lip to stop himself from snickering at Francis after their heartfelt moment earlier. "Ready to roll."

Nodding, Francis kicked the car into reverse, pulling out of the little alcove that had once been home to Nick and heading back out on the road.

Some time later, Francis pulled the obnoxiously large GMC into the Orlando HQ, letting out a sigh. "Alright, gang. Here we are. As much as Nick and I both love and adore your company, Leon… you'd best keep your mouth shut."

GyD961v.png

His voice resonated through the gym, and Penny felt several things at once - shock, being the primary emotion, before confusion doubled over, and folded into a strange mingled sense of elation and fear. She straightened, swiftly, and her eyes moved to the man, before she looked down at Deck, carefully easing herself off of him, and rising to her feet.

Running her hands through her hair, she studied Keegan, watching for anything unusual, anything wrong. But to her, it was just him… just Keegan, and her eyes burned, "...Keeg. Old man. You made it out…"

Deckard was caught completely off guard by Penny's movement. One minute they were kissing, the next she was standing up as though what they were doing was taboo. When she mentioned Keegan's name, he rolled on his side and peered up, "Oh, shit, you're alive! I was worried when we got off the phone that-"

"Penny, while I am glad to see you in good health, who is this?" Keegan interrupted.

"Are you kidding me?" Deck smirked thinking that Keegan was trying to be funny, but when Keegan's facial features did not change, he asked again, "Are you serious?"

Blinking, Penny held up a hand to Deck, catching Keegan's expression and noting nothing that would indicate he was joking… A frown crossed her lips as she moved to the edge of the ring, "...What's going on, Keegan? You know who this is. You sent me to recruit him."

Keegan watched as Deckard took Penny's hand and stood to his feet, "Penny, I did no such thing. I couldn't have. I've been locked up in a RIEF prison for the past six months. I do not know this man. He could be one of RIEF's spies for all I know."

Deckard pulled back in surprise, "A spy? RIEF prison? Did you hit your head on your way out of the Miami Bunker?"

Gripping the ring rope with her free hand, Penny felt her heart stop for a moment, "What… in the hell… is going on here. Six months?? Keegan… Deck got off the phone with you a few hours ago!"

"No," Keegan pinched the bridge of his nose, "That wasn't me. Penny...I have a brother, a twin. They caught me and he assumed my position within HQ. Don't you see? If this man was recruited by my brother, it was to dismantle Rogue not help it," Keegan looked to the guard and pointed with a jerk of his head.

The guard drew his weapon and started toward the ring.

"You'd better stay right there," Deckard warned.

But he didn't need to, because as the guard moved, so did Penny. Directly in front of Deck, her eyes narrowing on the man, "No. Hell no! You don't get to come in here and start spouting nonsense about God damn evil twins and kidnappings and expect me to just swallow it! This man…" She gestured back to Deck with a glare at Keegan, "Saved my life… and Finn and Keith! And at the risk of his own. So you better tell your guard there to back the hell up… so we can sit down and talk about this like adults!"

"My brother slipped into Rogue HQ and with the help of others under his control, murdered more than thirty of us...of your friends! This man was brought in by him, and I don't know anything about him. Move, Penny," Keegan replied, "This guard will take 'Deck' into custody, then we can figure all of this out."

"No." Penny answered again, stepping back, closer to Deck, "You're gonna need to give me a hell of a lot more than that, if I'm gonna believe a damn word you're saying. Six months! Do you not hear how crazy this sounds? And I'm just supposed to hang Deck… a frickin' powerhouse over to you?? How do I know you're who you even say you are?"

"Christ, Penny," he wavered a bit, exhaustion setting in, but he steady himself, "Nate Turner," he let that sink in a moment, "Now, move. That's an order. I'm done asking."

Penny paled, and for a moment, said nothing, as she stared in a stalemate against the older man, before slowly looking behind her to Deck, "I'm going with him." She answered, looking to Keegan, "That son of a bitch will throw him in a cell, and I'm not letting him do that… I'm not. You wanna talk to him, fine. But you're not gonna treat him like a damn prisoner."

Nate Turner...NT, it made sense to Deckard, still, he was innocent and he wasn't going anywhere, "This is good and all, Penny, but I'm not going anywhere. Keegan brought me here," he looked at her, "I swear."

Keegan growled and shook his head, "He'll go where any others would go, and he'll be treated as any others would be treated," Keegan spoke to Penny, ignoring Deckard's stand, "But I swear, Penny, I'll have him shot dead where he stands if he doesn't come with us. I will not risk any other lives...our lives. There have been enough lost today."

"Enough!" Penny shouted, maintaining her position and the fire in her gaze, "I know what we're up against, Keegan! I went through it! So did Deck! And if my vouching for him isn't good enough then damn, I don't know what will be. But I swear to God, you keep threatening to shoot him and we're gonna have a problem. There have been enough lost…" Reaching back, she grabbed Deck's hand, "...Big Guy, I need you to trust me, yeah? Just… please. Whatever the hell is going on. Trust me… so we can work this out, okay?"

Deckard sighed as he pulled his eyes away from Keegan to look at the small hand in his. He caressed the soft skin beneath his thumb and then nodded, "I trust you."
The guard began to move and Deckard's eyes shot to him, "Put your gun away. I'll go with you, and I won't fight you."

Deckard took another look at Penny, and offered an uncertain smile. This...this is what he had tried so desperately to avoid..being a prisoner.

Keegan watched on with a knitted brow as Deckard followed after the guard. Stopping Penny, he questioned, "Why him? You've never questioned me before. Why for him?"

Anger flared as Penny looked to Keegan, shaking her head, "You don't get to ask me that right now. He's one of us. That's all you need to know."

"Why? Because he joined up at the request of my brother?" he shook his head, "I taught you to be smarter than that."

"Smarter? You're gonna lecture me on smarter? When you didn't even bother to tell us you had a God damn twin?? He's one of us because I vetted him, Keegan! Because I know what the hell to look for! And because no one puts their own life on the line on three separate occasions, for people he's gonna stab in the back! Wherever the hell you've been the last six months, I was there! In Rogue! Where I have always been! And you're gonna question that? Questionme?"

Keegan's jaw clenched, anger flaring in his eyes, but there was a hint of understanding in them. He visibly relaxed and sighed, "My brother...Kaiden," Keegan turned and rubbed his forehead with his hand, "he's smart, patient, and dangerous. The men and women he has that are working for him are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure our fall. These people will be dedicated...some will be forced, but rest assured, they'd take a bullet...or three, if that meant they'd win your confidence," he turned and looked to Penny again, "I must be certain, because I could not lose another...I could not lose you."

Frowning, Penny slipped beneath the ropes, sinking down onto the edge of the ring. Her fingers drove through her hair as she sighed, "...Keeg. You know me. You know more about me than anyone. Sometimes, I think you know me better than I know myself. And you know I'm not about to get duped by some SoB mole from RIEF." Her eyes moved to him, and she shrugged, "...He's had every opportunity to get something out of me, and he hasn't tried. Not once. And maybe I can't read people like Devon… but hell if I don't know a thing about the bad ones, Keegan. Please... Give him a fair shot to prove who he is. I need that from you…"

Again he sighed, "You need that?" he smiled sadly, "And if you're wrong, Penny? If he isn't who he says he is?"

"Then I'll deal with it." She stated simply, rising to her feet to move closer to the man, "...But I'm not wrong." Pausing, she looked up at him, and with a sigh, stepped in to give him a small, ginger hug, "I really am glad you're okay. Hell, Keeg. You had us scared…"

"I'm okay," he returned her gestured, "We'll all be alright," he sighed, "Let's go talk to your boy," he paused, "Maybe you'll tell me why him on the way?" he smiled teasingly.

"Ugh…" Shaking her head, Penny tugged the tape from her hands, tossing it in a bin on the way out with a shake of her head, "Maybe let's save that chat for when he's not in a cell, yeah? It's… it's a long story."

"Sure," he nodded and gestured to the door with his hand, "After you?"

TAGS || collab with @DarinValore

Collab Post: A Finn Hunt, Part I | Interactions: Adelaide , Rose @Elle Joyner & Finn @CloudyBlueDay | Location: Dining Hall

Almost as soon as they were out of the vehicle, her uncle was gone, taking guards with him in a flurry that was nearly frightening to witness. This was the man who had given her strength over the last several months… Whose quiet, passive calmness had kept her sane. But he was also the leader of an enormous and dangerous organization… and no doubt, had some work to do.

When he'd gone, she laced her hands together before swallowing, eyes shifting to Luna, uncertainly, "Do… do you think they have anything to eat? I am quite hungry."

Luna had seemed distracted, eyes following Keegan and the guards on his trail, until Ade's voice snapped her back to the present. Shaking off the fog, she smiled, gently nudging the woman. "I'm s-sure they've got a dining hall a-around here somewhere to grab some grub. Um...e-excuse me?" She approached a guard, steps extremely hesitant as she asked timidly for directions to the dining hall. Luckily, he pointed her in the right direction, though he spoke to her in a curt and stern manner.

No matter. Ade needed to eat and that was top priority right now. "O-okay, thank you sir." As Luna walked with the woman, her eyes remained glued to the floor, only sparing a glance up to make sure she didn't lose track of where they were.

"L...luna…" Adelaide had walked in silence for a good while before she spoke again, a timidness to her voice that seemed somehow different from the demeanor she'd shown before, "May I ask you something…?"

Luna blinked, glancing Ade's way with a hint of curiosity. "O-of course you can, Ade."

"I do not wish to upset you… So please, if you do not want to… you don't have to answer. My… my brother and you. You were… close, no?" The uneasiness continued as she spoke, her cheeks reddening slightly.

Luna's cheeks flushed in unison with Ade's and for the briefest moment, she stumbled to a halt, brain struggling to keep up. However, she forced her feet to keep moving. Her hand brushed back curls with a tired sigh. "O-oh...oh dear...Um, i-it's that obvious, huh? Err, well, I...I guess we were--are. Are. Y-your brother and I, we just…" She didn't quite know how to finish that sentence, heat rushing to her head more and more with every step they took.

"You fit." Adelaide stated softly, with a small, shy smile. Shaking her head, she looked over to Luna briefly, "I am glad. You are very kind… and very beautiful… and Van… He deserves it. To be happy. And I think it will give him courage… to have something to fight his way back to." Fingers stretching out, she gingerly touched Luna's forearm,"He will come back. He never stops fighting. Even when you tell him not to. Stubborn ass."

Luna didn't think it was possible to have so much blood rushing to her head, but Ade had no problem overriding that expectation. One hand attempted to shield her expression, though it was a fruitless attempt to smother the embarrassment rolling off her in waves. "G-geez, Ade...You might make my h-head explode, you know that? Th-thank you, honestly, and…" Suddenly, it sounded as if the mood in her voice was dragged down by the weight of the world, and her shoulders slumped. "H-he really does. He deserves so much, A-Ade. You, him, a-and Keegan...I really hope things t-turn around soon for all of y-you." A weak chuckle escaped her, reaching out to grasp Ade's hand gently. "He really is, b-but I love...really like that a-about him. I'll never s-stop fighting too. We won't."

"And I will not stop, either." Adelaide noted, with a bright smile.

Luna internally sighed, relieved that Ade didn't seem to catch her slip up, before returning the smile the best she could. She couldn't hope of matching the radiance between that look though, not even close. "Oh...I-I think this is it," Luna said, spotting the dining hall and guiding Ade inside.

...And then she froze. Speaking was a lost cause, her entire system spiraling into shutdown mode as she struggled to comprehend who was standing before her. That was...that was Finn.

That was Finn. Someone else was with him but the point was that was Finn.

"F...Fi…" she wheezed, eyes burning and absolutely trembling like a leaf.

The rest of the time he and Rose spent scrounging around the kitchen had been a blast; he was more nervous than ever before, but getting some food into his stomach was helping to calm down. Being with Rose made him forget, for a little while, about the what-ifs and the who-didn'ts. They had just put their plates away when Finn perked up at the sound of the door opening, and his heart leapt.

"Luna," He whispered, hands trembling, and without even thinking he rushed forward, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into a tight, almost too-tight hug, resolving to never, ever let go. Not ever again. He knew it was her now, not the person that watched with a steely gaze as he and Keith crashed. Luna, she was back and she was safe and she was here and -- Finn buried his face in her shoulder, trying to stop his eyes from getting too wet.

Luna already had her arms wide open, meeting Finn halfway to embrace him as tightly as he held her. "Finn! O-oh God, it's you, it's really you Christ I-I'm so, so happy to see you!" Whatever composure, whatever fragile dam was struggling fruitlessly to hold back the flood of emotions crumbled into a million pieces. A sob ripped from her throat, hiding her cries and tears into his chest as she shook within her best friend's arms. A frantic breathlessness infected her tone as she rambled, "I-I didn't mean it I swear I didn't mean it Finn God I was so freaking scared and w-worried--they, th-they were going to t-try and hurt you and I couldn't do a s-single thing and God the car crash Finn, the car crash! I-I thought I almost lost you and...a-and…"

Her throat closed up, fists balling up the back of his shirt as she squeezed tighter. He was safe. That was all that mattered.

Rose and Adelaide, mirrors of one another, stood in silence, watching the emotional explosion with all the awe of a child watching fireworks. Neither moved, neither spoke… It seemed wrong to.

Finn gave up on hiding the tears that started falling, sniffling frantically as he listened to Luna ramble. He wanted to tell her to breath, but he was just so desperately glad to hear her voice that he couldn't even bother. "It's okay," He insisted, smiling through the tears, "It's okay, it's okay. I promise it's okay. I n-never believed it was you.. Th-they were twisting your arm, weren't they? L-Luna, I was so worried. I was so scared for you. Thank god you're okay, thank god.." He hiccuped, still not letting her go. "It's okay. You're okay. We're okay."

Luna almost didn't dare to remove her face from Finn's shirt, but she needed to say this while looking him in the eyes. To express how absolutely remorseful and torn she was to ignore him the way she did in that dreadful moment. She looked up, eyes red and puffy as she sniffled, "I-it wasn't, I swear it w-wasn't. They...Th-they wanted to use me and I...I-I just couldn't. I did what I could to keep th-them off of you, but…"

Her gaze cast down again, fighting back more sobs. "W-we're okay." She repeated his words like a reassurance to end all troubles in her world. There was so much struggle and strife to face after this moment, but she needed to savor it for as long as fate would let her. She took a step back, one hand still clinging to Finn while the other rubbed roughly at her eyes. "My...m-my eyes sort of hurt now," she whispered, a weak attempt at lightening the atmosphere.

"I know, I know," He whispered, repeating it, trying to calm her. To calm himself. "I shouldn't have doubted you, n-not even for a second. I'm so sorry, Lu. I'm so sorry." It was hard for him to finally pull apart from her, and he tried to take in a deep breath to stop from crying. At her comment, Finn laughed, but it was almost too much like a sob. "I-I'm all snotty," He replied, dragging his sleeve across his face. Stepping back, though still clinging onto Luna, he glanced around at Rose and the new face.

"S-sorry." He whispered, looking at Luna embarrassedly. "We're.. Uh… ugly criers."

Rose's smile was warm and soft as she shook her head, "Don't apologize, Finn. I get it…" Her eyes shifted to Luna and she nodded, "I'm glad she's okay."

Adelaide, meanwhile, said nothing, still, watching the trio in vague confusion.

Luna giggled, warmth filling her chest for the first time since Vance...and then the warmth was gone, but she held her demeanor together and solidified the smile in place. However, that was when reality clicked and she remembered the pair watching them in silence. Just like that, the shyness dominated everything else and she took a step back, fiddling with the hem of her sleeves. She nodded at the girl she had yet to meet, smiling softly. "S-sorry about the gross mucus a-and tears. D-definite a fact--nobody's a pretty c-crier."

When she glanced back to see Ade...and the pure confusion painting her from head to toe, Luna reached out to the woman, wrapping fingers around her wrist and encouraging her to stand at her side. "C-confused as heck, right? Um, this is my b-best friend, Finn." She gestured to Finn. "Finn? Th-this is Adelaide. A friend."

A pause, then she was struck with an afterthought. "O-oh! I'm Luna, by the way." She grinned sheepishly at Rose. "Um...y-you are?"

Rubbing at his eyes one last time, Finn pulled Rose forward. "T-This is Rose," He mumbled, smiling at Rose lightly before turning to Adelaide, waving sheepishly. "H-Hi, Adelaide. It's nice to meet you," Finn said, then stopped. "Wait - wait a second did you just speak - Was that French, Luna? You speak French? Oh my god, uh.. Hold on. Hold on, uh… Nice to meet you," Finn said in some shaky French, then he looked nervously between Luna and Ade. "Was that right?"

Adelaide looked to Luna as she spoke and managed a small, weary smile, looking to Finn with a gracious nod. When he replied in French, her smile brightened a little, "He is funny, this one. Please tell him it's very nice to meet him, as well, and his French is… Well, it would certainly pass."

Rose's fingers found Finn's and looped around them as she nodded, "I remember Finn mentioning you… I… I'm really glad you're alright. He was worried about you."

"O-oh. That? Um, w-well, it's complicated," Luna said, scratching the back of her head as she shrugged. She almost forgot that she had absolutely no knowledge of French beforehand. At the mention of Ade's request, she nodded while chuckling, "C-can do. He's one of the f-funniest comic book and video game m-masters I know. You'll l-love him, I know it. Hey, Finn?" She flashed a little thumbs up. "Sh-she said it's nice to meet you too and, um...y-your French is, err, good."

And then her gaze flickered down. It was so brief and unintentional, but Luna couldn't help it. Her eyes found themselves stuck on Rose and Finn's intertwined fingers. Hand holding. Huh. That was...peculiar. Not bad. But interesting. She forced herself to look away and lock eyes with Rose. "Um, n-nice to meet you, Rose…" She wound up staring at their hands again.

Grinning at Luna and Ade, he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. "It's been a loooong time since I spoke it, so… you'll have to forgive me." Finn mumbled, squeezing Rose's hand comfortingly, oblivious to Luna's narrowed gaze. "Y-you guys must be starving - they have pretty good mashed potatoes…"

Rose slightly less oblivious blushed several shades brighter, before nodding, "There's also cereal and some energy bars. You guys are probably tired… If you sit, I can grab you something. I'm happy to!"

A Finn Hunt Pt. II
Collab with @Elle Joyner and @Mobley

Adelaide looked between the group again, this time smiling at what she could only assume was more introductions… "English…" she started, looking to Luna, "I will have to learn this… I think."

Luna's suspicions were confirmed as soon as she saw Rose blush like nobody's business. So that was the indeed the situation...She found it amazing, in all honesty. How she and Finn stumbled upon wonderful additions to their lives at the same time. Completely different circumstances, but still. Regardless, she decided to ignore Rose's embarrassment, a small act of mercy birthed from sympathy, and nodded in agreement. "M-mashed potatoes sounds good. Do you like m-mashed potatoes, Ade? I'll make sure t-to grab anything else, if you want." Then she giggled, looping an arm around the woman to give her an encouraging side hug. "Don't worry. E-English has its weird spots, b-but me and th-the family here will help you learn. Just takes t-time and support."

"Hey, uh, Rose?" Luna cranked some extra wattage into her smile as she addressed Rose. "H-how about I help you out? Mind sitting w-with Finn for a second, Ade?"

Adelaide nodded, smiling to Finn politely, "Af….after you?" She said, gesturing to a table. As she did, Rose swallowed and let her fingers slide from Finn's, but not without a smile to Luna. She was young, and sheltered, but she knew well enough that Luna was a good person, and that was a small reassurance against her nerves.

"I'll show you where everything is…"

Beaming at Adelaide, Finn nodded. "Hey, good job! Good job!" He nodded to Ade, giving Rose a reassuring look as their fingers untangled before turning his full attention to Adelaide. He sat at the table she gestured too, smiling up at her. If she was with Luna, she was going to be good. He had no doubts. Now… he just had to try and recall all the French he knew. Which wasn't a lot.

Clearing his throat, Finn tried to piece together a sentence. "How did you find Luna?"

"Th-thank you," Luna said, still beaming at Rose. She made sure to give Ade a reassuring pat on the shoulder as she left and didn't say much as she walked off with Rose to gather food. However, it was merely a few more seconds, a few more moments of contemplation, before she shattered the silence with a slow and timid, "Soooo...y-you and Finn?"

Adelaide sank into a seat, her expression shifting a little at the question. It was a lot to explain… a lot, and in French she wasn't completely convinced Finn would understand, it didn't seem like the best idea, "It is… a long story." She said instead, with a sheepish smile, "Luna knows my brother."

Meanwhile in the kitchen, as Rose gathered what she needed, wholly expecting Luna's question to come. She still blushed, however, as it did, her cheeks glowing as she fiddled with the tupperware that contained the mashed potatoes, "It… Uh… It's new. Really new. I'm not sure yet, what it all means. But he's… he's really wonderful." Looking to Luna, she bit her lip, "How much do you know about… about where Finn comes from. Before Rogue?"

Brows furrowing as Finn tried to digest the sentence, he nodded. He'd have to hear the full story from Luna later… he didn't feel right about trying to make Adelaide translate it or put it in simpler terms. He could tell it wasn't simple. "What's your power?" He said with an excited grin.

Luna listened to Rose patiently, gathering trays and plates for herself and Adelaide. "H-he really is," she said, humming in agreement. "And...I'd say I know s-some things. I know that what he e-experienced before Rogue was...hard. So hard and trying." Finn had mentioned living in an abusive household to her, along with dancing over the name Harper every once in a blue moon. Of course, Luna had never pried. Never. She had no right and no intentions of doing so if it meant causing Finn discomfort. Harper. The source of Finn's past suffering. Her best friend's pain...Luna's mind trailed off with that thought, her jaw clenching. "I-I just know that he's been through s-so much and doesn't d-deserve a single bit of it. If I c-could, I'd…"

She'd what? Seek revenge? Come after Harper herself? No, she'd never do that. At least...she hoped she knew herself well enough to confirm that. But nowadays, she just wasn't sure anymore. She cleared her thoughts and focused on Rose once more. "W-why do you ask?"

Adelaide's expression shifted again at the question, and she chuckled softly, "Is… is hard to say in French. Uh… I… reflect. What is done to me, is… returned to the other. Is similar to my Uncle…"

While Luna spoke, Rose shifted, looking over to her, "...H..harper If… if you know him, what he did to Finn." Swallowing, she shifted, looking back at the tupperware, "That's where Finn found me. At Harper's. He… he got me out. So, I'm guessing I don't really need to explain what he means to me…"

Eyes widening, Finn sat up straight. "That is so cool! That's awesome! I have air powers. Woosh," He said, wiggling his fingers. "Your uncle? Who is he?"

Instantly, whatever steel that was coating Luna's insides melted away and her gaze softened. "I...I-I'm sorry, Rose. So sorry you had to d-deal with…him." She couldn't stand to utter the man's name, not right now. Cautiously, she reached out to Rose, pulling her into a brief but comforting hug. "Y-you're both insanely strong. Seriously, Rose." She pulled away, just enough to smile with just the tiniest hint of playful warmth. "S-strong spirits find strong spirits, right? A-as for grilling you?" She gave Rose a pat on the shoulder, followed by a gentle squeeze. "J-just wanted to properly w-welcome you to the Rogue family. I-it'll be nice to have h-help keeping an eye on him."

Adelaide laughed softly at the sound effects, but it was brief, his next question one she wasn't entirely sure how to answer, "...K….Keegan." She finally stated softly, "Y...your Keegan is my uncle."

When Rose was pulled in, her eyes dampened and she smiled gingerly, rubbing them dry when Luna released her, "Th...thank you, Luna. It means a lot to me. Really. I didn't think I could be strong… but I want to be. And I will… I will keep both eyes on him. That's a promise."

"He's - what? What!" Finn gaped at Adelaide, barely processing her words. "You're - Keegan's…. niece?! Holy - Holy crap! He has a niece?!" Finn put his hands to his temple. He turned to where Rose and Luna stood, grinning at them. "She's Keegan's niece?!"

"Honestly," Luna started, whispering as if she was sharing a major secret with Rose, "I can tell, Rose, y-you're incredibly strong. It's the ones who c-come back from the w-worst things and manage to look forward that h-hold real strength, right?" She shrugged. "O-or something along those lines. I d-don't know. Most fortune c-cookies know what they're t-talking about, I guess."

She jolted a little at Finn's outburst, only for familiar affection to spread through her. She had missed his energy and optimism so badly. "O-oh, right. The Keegan bit." She chuckled, glancing at Rose, "Th-there's so much to explain, n-never enough time, it seems." She gathered the mashed potatoes and other choices she snagged for Adelaide, heading back over the pair with Rose.

DEVON

As they arrived in the garage, Devon felt the weight of anxiety that had been pressing down on him momentarily lift, as the garage hanger closed and sealed them into the sanctuary that was Orlando. It wasn't his first venture into the base, and his exit hadn't been the most spectacular moment in his past, but history aside, it was secure... it was safe... And it was the best place to launch a counterstrike against RIEF.

If Yul didn't throw them all in the brig, they minute the got out of the car.

Sliding from the driver's seat, after giving Lucas and Levi a nod, he came face to... Chest... With a small, smiling woman, and felt his heart stop. She hadn't changed. Dark hair was loose, framing delicate ivory skin, a constellation of freckles running along the bridge of her nose... And those eyes. Damnable hazel oceans...Three years and she looked exactly the same.

The brig would've been better.

Swearing, he stepped back, and the woman smiled faintly, giving him a look, "Dev. Been a while..."

"D...danny. Hey." Rubbing the back of his neck, he straightened, "Didn't expect to see you here."

"Really? Didn't I get Orlando in the divorce?" She remarked with a teasing glint.

Devon's cheeks flushed and he cleared his throat, "Hell, Danica..."

"I'm joking, Devon. Yul sent me. Wants you in the interrogation room right away. The kid from RIEF. Daisy's already seen to him, so he'll be all set for you. Which means..." Pointing a finger at the other two, she smiled, "Whichever one of you cuties is Levi, needs to come with me. Dev, you remember the way, still?"

"Y... Yeah, Danny. I remember." Looking to Lucas, he nodded, "You're with me, then. Not ready to set you loose on these people, just yet."

Finger crooked at Levi, Danica beamed, "And you're with me. Come along. Don't worry too much..."

"She don't bite..." Devon added with a small smirk.

"Not him, anyway." With a wink, she started for the door, still waving for Levi to follow, "See you around, Mountain Man."

TAGS || @Mobley Eats, @KatSea

Last edited:

YUL

Yul sat at his desk, three folders in front of him. In chairs, three of his trusted agents. The expression he wore was a mask, his hand folded neatly before him. When he spoke, his voice carried a brace of business. Nothing unusual…

"As you are aware, for the next several weeks, we will be host to the displaced agents from Miami. This will be a difficult adjustment, but so long as we recall our protocols and act on them, I don't imagine this will be unnecessarily painful. That being said…"

Holding out the folders, he gave one to each of the three, before him. He had planned it out to a 'T' "I've assigned you a specific target. Read up on the information I've given you, and then I'd like for you to do your best, to bring them over to our team." He said it without emphasis, almost as though it were a simple suggestion, but there was a light in his gaze that proposed otherwise.

"If there's no questions, you're dismissed…"

TAG || @Mobley Eats, @KatSea

Shiloh Donovan

Shiloh wasn't particularly motivated to socialize with the incoming Miami refugees. Leaving Drew in their room longer than she anticipated sent trickles of nerves down her spine. She did not mind the orders that Yul had given her, however, and was almost flattered that he trusted her. Trusting Rogue as a new home was something difficult for the young woman, despite having settled in for a fair amount of time. Almost a year. She did not wish to admit it, especially not to Yul, but it felt like the best damn year of her life. Thus, having Yul trust her made her feel at ease and welcomed. The young woman presented her signature half smile towards the man as he slid over the file to her.

"Thank you, sir." Shiloh bobbed her head, having no further questions. She would need to read and reread before attempting to approach her target. Shiloh preferred to know the inner mechanics of a person before attempting to engage. She didn't like to be surprised. Human beings confused her enough as it was, and a sudden switch in personality was a constant anxiety. She had method that proved to be efficient and stable when it kept to insuring personalities. Yul she treated with utmost respect(and not for the purpose of kissing up to his ass), Ozno she simply played cool and collected around, it was simple enough to do. Docs she would treat with respect, maybe crack a bone pun every once in a while. She didn't like new people. She didn't know how to insure that she could monitor their persona and control a possible shift.

The idea of a complete 360 horrified her, even though she had seen it up close and personal for the last few years. She should have been used to it, but she found now that she was safe, she began to fear wisely.

She felt a nudge at her sleeve, one golem at her side plucking the fabric of her blouse. Time to go. "I'm comin, Gaia." Shiloh hated to admit she had only collected two names for her five main golems, but she didn't find it useful until she realized they were incredibly easy to confuse. It wasn't useful during sparring when she needed them.

Shiloh picked herself up from the table, file in hand and a short bow presenting itself along her neck. She turned from the room, glancing back at the other two agents and presenting a wink for good luck.

----

"Gaia I see what you are trying to...honey you are going to get dirt all over the files." Gently swatting away the bulky hand of her creation, she stared down at the file that required her attention. Nikolas Locklear. Code name Echo. Twenty two years in age. Ability to manipulate sound, which Shiloh firmly believed could serve to be very valuable within their facility. His background seemed to suggest he was used to firm schedules and could take orders, which settled trembling in Shiloh's chest. Remarkable candidate. Shiloh could see very clearly how Yul would see him as being useful, all the while not able to cause trouble.

The question became how to recruit him. Shiloh figured she could be firm but fair, tell him that her boss was willing to negotiate(even if it couldn't be true in some scenarios) or she could consider being respectful and considerate, acknowledging why he may have had doubts about moving from one facility to another. Miami and Orlando were six hours away. It would be difficult, had he had any close connections, to move to a new facility. In Shiloh's personal case, she could not imagine a base different than Yul's. She had gotten used to the lifestyle, found comfort and the structure, and kept Yul forever grateful in her heart for letting Drew stay. That's all that mattered.

"Time to reread and see if I missed anything." Shiloh mumbled miserably as she slid further down the hallway wall. She traced her thumb down the first page, her one foot golem peering over her arm to view the documents. It looked up at its creator with hollow eyes. "If you have something you think is useful, now would be the time." Her creature simply slumped at her arm, cautious not to throw itself onto her shirt. It once again pointed to nowhere particular in the document. "Thanks...really helpful love." Shiloh patted the top of her creatures head, ideas running amuck in her mind.

I suppose I need to be gentle. If he has friends at Miami, which I assume he would, then maybe the best way to look at is...well, you can always visit them. Six hours isn't too long of a trip. There's always letters, and phones. There's always a way to stay in contact. Besides, Orlando can offer good things. Great things. I promise you he isn't always a grouch. He just...wants the best for all of us, you know? He's never cruel. Besides, why stay at a base where you know it could get compromised again? Not to be cruel, but I doubt Yul would let that happen here...And I guess there are cookies too. Crummy ones, but technically they exist.

Shiloh shook her head and hopped to her feet. "Now I just need to find Nikolas..."

A nudge at her skirt. Shiloh glanced down at her creature, who once again pointed towards the file. Shiloh decided to glimpse through it, a smile presenting itself upon the corner of her lip. "Apologies. I'll just need to go find Nick."

Rogue Orlando Branch
Collab: @Elle Joyner
Deckard, Penny, Yul, Keegan, and a Special Guest

"You know this is bullshit, right?" Deckard said as he walked through the door before his escorts. The other guard had taken a post to his left as Deckard sat in the metallic chair at the matching table, "I'm not some double agent or spy or whatever Keegan thinks I am."

The door shut, leaving Deckard alone with his escorts. Time passed slowly, and he would be lying if he said he wasn't tempted to use his ability to get himself out of this mess. Only Penny's plea for him to trust her kept him in that little room.

Despite the hug… Despite her relief that he was alive and well, Penny couldn't help the quiet, seething irritation at Keegan as they walked the hall to the interrogation room. It wasn't protocol that had driven him to treat Deck the way he had, it was paranoia… And maybe it was justified, but after she'd worked so hard to bring him in… After everything else… it felt like ten steps in the wrong direction.

When they arrived, she stepped over to Deck's side of the table, tugging over another chair to sink into. It was deliberate… it was pointed. She wanted it clear where she stood, both to Deckard and to Keegan.

Looking at Penny, Deckard gave her an appreciative, small smile and a nod, but it was short-lived. As soon as Keegan and Yul entered, any humor left him, "You two don't think this is a little bit ridiculous? Penny's vouching for me. Doesn't her word mean something?"

"It means a great deal," Keegan spoke. His fingers laced together as he placed them on the table, the bruising from his shackles slipping out from under the sleeves, "but we have been duped before."

"So what do you need to hear..?" Penny asked, trying to keep the weight of annoyance from her voice. Yul's eyes strayed to her, focused for a moment and Penny avoided that gaze, ignored it as much as she could, "Or are we waterboarding here, now?"

"Same old Temperance…" Yul murmured, sitting in one of the seats.

"It's Penny."

"Hm. Right." Looking to Keegan, he held out a hand to Deckard, "I'll hold my questions until you're done, sir."

Keegan nodded, "You claim that I reached out to you and recruited you. Penny claims that I sent her to fetch you. We've established that neither one of those is true. Tell me about when my brother first approached you. Did he say why he wanted you to join Rogue?"

Deckard sighed and leaned back in the chair, his eyes bounced to Penny and he shook his head, but after a moment longer, he waved his hands as they sat on the table, "It was in Atlanta probably five months ago. He approached me, said his name was Keegan and that he'd been watching me for quite some time. He knew that I had reached out to Rogue a few times as I was travelling and even took to some odd and end jobs your archivists had in order to get some things I needed. Said I had a gift and with Rogue, I could really make a difference. I laughed him off and left."

"You just left?" Keegan asked.

"Yep, I left," Deckard leaned forward and crossed his arms on the table, "After that, he sent a few teams, some that tried to convince me to join, others that tried to force me. Then Penny showed up and got herself shot," he shook his head, "I wasn't going to let her die trying to recruit me, and the team she came with didn't like it was going to ensure she was going to make it back alive."

"He got the bullet out… and held pressure on it till we got to Doc." Penny added, recalling all too well the uncomfortable moment that Deck had decided he would help them, "I probably wouldn't have made it if he hadn't…"

"Why you though?" Keegan asked, "Why would you put so much effort in recruiting you?"

Deckard shrugged, "I'm nothing special. Tell you the truth, the persistence annoyed me. I just wanted to be left alone."

"Why him, Penny?" Keegan asked, "If he's as insignificant as he suggests, why would my brother want him to join so badly?"

"...He's powerful, Keegan." Penny answered, honestly, "Psychokinetic. And he's damn good at it. Best I've seen…"

Yul straightened a little, and Penny's eyes narrowed at the man, but she fell quiet, looking to Keegan, instead.

Keegan leaned back in his chair, his eyes turning to Deckard as he studied the man in the silence, "Psychokinetic, huh?'

"That's what they tell me," Deckard spoke, shifting in his chair, "Really rather use my hands though."

A sigh slipped Keegan's lips, "What are you planning?" His question wasn't directed to Deckard. Shaking his head, he returned to Deckard, "Your limitations?"

"Nothing too big," Deckard replied, "I can stop speeding vehicles, move boxes and stuff."

"He built a bridge across two buildings… Held it up long enough to get us across. Took down two helicopters with Finn's help."

Keegan nodded and tapped his finger on the desk, "Yul, ask your questions before I wrap this up."

"Have you have any contact with who you perceived to be Keegan Hull, privately? Were you alone, at any point during your missions? What information have you been made privy of, regarding your fellow agents?"

"I talked to him on the phone right before Miami fell. He told me to stay with the team, and help them as much as I could...that they'd need me. I took that phone call outside Harper's house," he looked at Keegan, "While the others were inside dealing with him. I was alone in the shower when we stopped for a quick rest on the way here," he smirked, "Didn't really want to shower in front of anyway," he glanced to Penny, "As far as what I know, I only know what they've shared with me," he shook his head, "It's not my job to pry."

Penny's brow lifted, and then the corner of her lips at Deck's answer, and she could see something flicker over Yul's face for a moment, before he sat back slightly, "You were married, prior to coming into Rogue, yes?"

Deck shifted and his brow narrowed, "Don't see what that's got to do with any of this."

"Just answer the question, please."

Penny straightened, her hands tightening on her jeans as her eyes flickered to Keegan.

"That's none of your damn business," Deck answered, "How's that for your answer?"

"Be aware, Mr. Hallows… this is an interrogation to determine whether or not you are a risk to this base or this organization."

"No…" Penny started, eyes flaring, "This is you… digging where you don't belong because you can't accept that not every has some God damn agenda! You haven't changed, one bit from the hardass son of a--"

"Penny!" Keegan spoke firmly. He looked to Deckard, "This will come out either way. If answering this question will ease Yul's mind, who's base we are a guest at right now, then I would suggest you answer it."

Deckard shifted, his eyes locking on Yul. Sucking through his teeth, he intentionally held out as long as he could, "Yes."

Penny sank back, her jaw tightening as she shook her head. Yul, however, continued to watch Deck, "And your relationship was dissolved informally?"

Deckard looked to Keegan first, who gave him no expression, before he looked to Penny, 'Is he serious?" he chuckled in disbelief.

"He's serious." Penny muttered, shaking her head.

"I'm sure she made it official. All she'd have to do is tell the court her husband was a monster," Deckard leaned back into the chair. His blood pumped hard enough for him to hear it in his ears, "Not that that matters...or any of your other questions that are sure to follow."

Yul leaned back as well, arms crossed over his chest, "And you and Ms. Rigel… What is the nature of your relationship?"

Penny's cheeks reddened as her eyes bore into the man, nails digging into her palms.

"The nature of our relationship?" he looked to Penny, "What's the nature of your relationship with her? Feeling a little stung she's sitting on this side of the table instead of that one?"

Yul smirked faintly, shaking his head, "I need to know if the two of you are going to have trouble focusing on the task at hand, because you're too busy screwing each other."

Shaking his head, Deck pointed to himself, "I can focus just fine," he looked to Penny, "How about you? You have any problems focusing?"

"Not a problem for me, either." Penny stated simply, her irritation melting away, a little.

Yul's expression shifted, eyes narrowing, "Are you, in fact, confirming the nature of your relationship, then?"

"Just like whether I was married or not and how that ended was none of your Goddamn business, this isn't either, so unless you have a relevant question to ask, I'm done with this prodding," Deck answered.

"These are relevant questions. Relationships of any fraternizing nature distract from the mission and create tension that could potentially damage or endanger this organization and the people within it. I hardly think that Mr. Hull would approve…"

"So what? You want ordinary people who just happen to be different than anyone else, who have had their lives uprooted by prejudice and threats on their lives to come and live like soldiers? News flash, Yul, not everyone is a fighter. Some people just want to live as normal a life as possible..that includes falling in love and starting families. If he," Deckard pointed to Keegan, "ran this entire operation like you suggest, we wouldn't need RIEF to wipe us out. In thirty years we'd be extinct," Deckard smirked as he leaned back, "Besides, if your people tell you they aren't knocking boots...ever...you have a whole nother issue. They're lying out their asses."

Penny's expression shifted as she looked to Deck, a brow raised. Even she hadn't fully thought through what it meant, not to live like soldiers… not to hide, forever. If her life had been normal, there was no telling where she'd be, but she was damn sure she wouldn't be curled up in some bunker, watching the world pass by in fear.

"I'm going to take that a yes." Yul said, frowning, "I'll leave it up to you, sir." He stated to Keegan, "This is, after all, your decision."

"What? Whether he'll push me out and onto the streets? That'll he'll have one of your men put a bullet in my head?" Deck shook his head, "I'm not going to wait her while some pompous ass, and paranoid old man determine my fate," he stood to his feet, "Fuck this."

Reaching out, Penny took his hand, shaking her head, "...Keegan. You need to make a choice… Because he walks, I walk. I came into this organization with not frickin clue what family was, and you made me see… you made it real to me. You gonna tell me all the sudden that doesn't matter? That's not what we're about? I can take care of myself… You know that I can. But you start burning bridges over paranoia, you really think Rogue's gonna survive?"

Looking at her hand, Keegan's mind raced. No one understood the torture his brother had put him through..the thoughts that had been forced into his head. He had seen so many horrible things and then to be freed only to find out that his brother had been masquerading as him and had murdered many of his friends...no, his family. It was difficult to trust...much more so than it had been before.

"You're right, Penny," he finally admitted, "you're right," with a sigh, he looked up to Deckard, "Penny's willing to throw away an awful lot for you. I'll trust her as I always have, but if you prove to be someone else entirely-"

"Ya, ya, you'll kill me," Deckard interrupted.

"He won't, Keegan." Penny noted, rising to her feet. Yul had fallen quiet, eyes narrowing a little, but he said nothing and turning to Keegan again, Penny nodded, "So… is this mess over with or what?"

"Yes," Keegan sighed, "We're do-"

The door suddenly flew open and in walked a woman. It only took Deckard a moment to identify her and his skin crawled as she spoke, "Deckard?! Oh my God! You're alive!"

Penny straightened as the door opened, and Yul spun around as well, eyes narrowing on the woman, as he hissed, "This is a closed interrogation, for God's sake!"

As Yul spoke, however, recognition hit Penny and she looked to Deck, brow raised, "No… That's not…"

"Alys," Deckard breathed, taking a step back to protect himself.

"Deck," she smiled as she took a step toward him, pausing upon seeing him withdraw. Her smile faded and a frown replaced it, "I-I'm glad you're alright."

"Oh… Hell no!" Penny turned to Keegan, eyes narrowing, "You're not perfect, Keegan… and I wouldn't pretend otherwise, but hell if I've been around you long enough to know you ain't a hypocrite! You're sittin' here worried about Deck, when you got this... right under your damn nose!? What's her superpower, Yul…? Backstabbing? Betrayal?"

Alys pulled back and lowered her head, "I deserve that."

"And so much more," Deck spoke coldly, "What are you even doing here, Alys. You aren't a mutant. From last we talked, you are scared to death of them."

She tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear, "Turns out I am a mutant," she paused, "Deck, I was wrong before. I-"

"You were wrong...?" Penny interjected, eyes narrowing slightly, "...I was wrong is reserved for buying a crap anniversary present or leaving the store without eggs. Wrong is 'oh, damn, I tagged your bumper in traffic'. You sic RIEF on your husband, after he saves your life and you start with 'wrong'? I'd find a new lead, lady. Ain't your best bet."

Alys bit her bottom lip, "I'm not talking to you," she returned, "I'm talking to Deckard...I'm talking to my husband."

"Lemme try real hard to care. Oh, wait. Sorry. I don't. Ain't my call, but way I see it you don't get the right to call someone that when you try to get them killed. Deck? You fond of that particular title, anymore?"

He looked Alys over and the anger and pain assaulted him. It was difficult for him to think clearly, but hearing Penny's words grounded him, "No. Not for you, Alys."

"Deck…," she spoke quietly, "It was a mistake. Just give me a chance to explain."

"Explain what?" Penny continued, shaking her head, "I've known this man less time than it takes ice to melt, and I can already pretty much guarantee I'd throw myself in front of a bus before I'd screw him over the way you did. You were married to him. That's one hell of a mistake."

"You wouldn't understand," Alys turned attention to Penny, "You've never had a real man in your life. Probably just Johns. So until you've experienced someone who actually loves you and just doesn't want to fuck you, stay out of matters like this."

Fists balling, Penny stepped forward. Yul had risen as well, but Penny held out a hand, a warning and he said nothing. For the moment, it seemed, he understood Penny well enough, "You… are gonna wanna be very careful what flies out of that mouth, Lady. Ain't my fault you gave up on him. Ain't my fault if he wants to move on."

"Move on?" Alys smirked, "Honey, you're a downgrade."

"And yet… I don't feel like I'm the one who lost."

"Hard to lose when all you do is pick up someone's leftovers," Alys stood tall, her eyes locked on Penny's.

"That's enough!" Deckard stepped forward beside Penny, "I'm not leftovers, Alys. I wasn't something that you enjoyed until you didn't," and after glancing to Penny, he continued, "and you'll shut your mouth about Penny. She's nothing like you've described her."

"I didn't mean….," Alys started but recognized she had lost this particular battle, "I'm sorry," she flashed saddened eyes, "I-I'll leave."

"Thank you," Deckard said, "smartest thing you've said so far."

Penny wasn't at all a sentimental person, but there was something in the way Deck had cut Alys off that spoke to a level of her she wasn't aware he could reach. He stepped close and without thinking, Penny reached for his hand, giving it a small, reassuring squeeze. Moments before, she'd wanted to hit the woman - now she couldn't think of any reason it was worth it.

"We're done here, anyway. I'm taking my old room, Yul…"

A brow lifted, but the man only nodded, his eyes still watching Alys, warily.

Looking right into Alys' eyes, Deck added, "If anyone needs me, they can find me in Penny's room."

There was a flicker in Yul's gaze, a small smirk, before he looked to Alys as well, "You… My office. We have some things to discuss…"

"C'mon…" Penny murmured, giving Deck a nudge towards the door.

"Gladly," he told her as he started toward the door, leading Penny out by her hand.

≡ H E X ≡
≡Location: Infirmary, Orlando Rogue HQ
≡Interactions: Josie (@Kat), Whoever's in the Infirmary.

Hex tried hard to put everything out of his head, instead focusing on trying to help Josie feel better about… well. Everything. And keep her from diving back into HQ to get her notes, and fortunately, his efforts worked out pretty decent. Something he was grateful for after the chaos.

His eyes narrowed, however, as he pulled the vehicle in to the Orlando HQ. It wasn't a place he'd ever been, or heard too much about but that probably had to do with him not being around HQ terribly often himself.

This place ain't gonna be kind to me, and I ain't gonna be kind to it… he thought as he killed the engine and hopped out, obviously a bit quicker than Josie. He frowned a little bit as he stepped around the SUV.

"Sorry I didn't do a better job patchin' you up, Josiebaby," with genuine distress to his voice, "I'mma just carry you again, soon as someone tells us what direction we're goin'."

Even if Josie protested, she ultimately got a roll of Hex's eyes before the man gingerly picked her up. He was able to put a lot more focus on Josie's comfort than he had when they'd been fleeing Miami.

"Infirmary?" the question was posed to one of the guards, and once he was given direction (and a couple key cards, and something about a debriefing in 2 hours and some change), Hex headed down the halls. He made sure his ability was firmly shut down before he nudged open the door to the infirmary.

"'llo?" he peeked around, setting Josie down once they were actually inside.
♫ I only get by with a little bad luck ♫