Riverside High

Do you enjoy gore or jump scares more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeke gave them a grin. "Well honestly I don't really know yet. They just told me to go to a few classes and see what would work best for me. Given I'm kinda a late student coming in. I come from the street of Chicago so I got in on a music scholarship. So I guess there is no going back now." He heard there offer spoken in unison. He grinned. "Thanks I really appreciate that. I don't usually make that many friends. So it's nice to see some good people for a change." Zeke listened to seikos speech and waited tI'll it was over. "I'm in. Sorry to bit in like that. I'm Zeke and just moved here. I'm up for finding a murderer. Your right it has to end now otherwise who knows how many more it will be."

The maid entered the spacious bedroom and approached the sleeping figure in a big double bed quietly as if she was walking on balls of cotton. Stopping beside the bed, she cleared her throat and called out gently. "Miss Jackie..." The figure responded with low groan and calm and assuring voice. "Jackie, Jackie, Jackie..." The maid jerked and bowed down respectfully. "I-I am sorry Miss! Your father simply keeps..."
"...Insisting you address me by my last name?"
"Y-Yes Miss J..." The young maid bit her lip confused. The slim figure moved under the covers and straightened up letting covers fall down revealing her body. "And I said that you forget about what my dad says and that you call me Rena." Young female turned towards the maid and stretched out. "It is enough that you are forced to do my dirty laundry for me." She added and chuckled and the maid followed. They were about the same age. It simply sounded wrong for the young girl to address her like she was above her. They were just about the same, only of different ways.

Rena got up and shook her hair. The maid couldn't help but blush on the sight of her young master in her underwear. She envied her how she looked even straight out of bed. "I see you brought me my uniform. There was no need, I could have done it myself." Rena smiled and took the clothes out of maid's hands. The maid stuttered. "W-well yes but... it is my job and..."
"Oh?" Rena asked neutrally as she dressed up. "Well then you should take the rest of the day off."
"But Miss I..."
"No discussion with me." The young girl stood silent as Rena proceeded."You can take your daily wage plus 50% bonus and go have some fun." She winked at the maid and exit the room. "See you downstairs beautiful."

The breakfast went on as usual. The father kept complaining about the stocks that couldn't be any higher. Like that ever stopped him from complaining. There was no reason for him not to. Not even the fact that Rena kept loosing her appetite for it. "...Isn't that right sweetie?"
"Huh?" Rena jerked from her thoughts. "Right. It is." Her father nodded satisfied but she had no idea what was it all about. Nor she cared. They never really...talked. Hell, he was way too busy to even worry about what kept on happening in Riverside High. But not like she needed him. Not like she needed anyone. The time approached and she got up. "I should be going." Her father put down his newspapers and smiled at her. Fake, plastic smile she hated. "Have fun dear." Rena nodded and turned away from the table. "You know. You look like her more and more each day. I am proud of y..."
"Stop that!" Rena growled. "We both know that isn't true. You are proud of her. Not me." She didn't look back while opening the doors. "I am just a lame young daughter that has to fill the empty space no matter what it takes. But you should face it. She is dead." It said it with no remorse, slamming the door behind her. It has been a while now, but as if her sister still wouldn't leave her alone. They all wanted her to be her sister. She always loved her sister, but they made hatred towards her dead sister real. Why wouldn't she die for good then? Her father stared at the doors for a while before chuckling nervously and referring to the maid to ease out the awkwardness. "Teenagers, right?" The maid nodded insecurely.

By the time she arrived at the school, she already made herself leave it behind. Thoughts like that had nothing to do in Riverside high. Instead, she straightened up and moved towards her classroom with light step, greeting everyone along the way. And as expected, familiar faces were late like they always did. Her classmate Lucius grabbed something from his locker and went further on. She found it so much fun teasing his always seemingly calm mind and indifferent behaviour. She hurried up her pace and approached, speaking up behind his back and straight into his ear. "Well, well... Our Stoic is late again? So much shame my dear friend. So much shame." She continued walking leaving him behind. "Good morning by the way." She chuckled and entered the classroom. With all the crappy things lurking around, a little bit of good fun and nice words never hurt.

(OCC: I used Lucius here cause I assumed they were classmates since seniors and all. Hope it isn't a problem ^^)

she stared at zeke for awhile. "your new here right?" Naomi walks into the room. she walks over to Seiko hugging her "it happened again" Seiko didn't know what to say, it was hard knowing your close friend could die or even her dying. she couldn't bare the fact of loosing anymore of her friends. "we need any evidence we can get our hands on".

Jacklyn had stiffened at the thought of her sister being next, and Zoe had practically began panicking at the thought of losing Jacklyn. Jacklyn looked at her twin, her gaze laced with worry. "I'm up for stopping that bastard before he can get to anyone else." Jacklyn said coldly. Zoe had blinked in surprise at her sister. Zoe stirred in her spot nervously, which caused Jacklyn to scoot closer to Zoe and press their shoulder together. Jacklyn smiled softly at Zoe, which calmed Zoe down a bit and nodded, agreeing with her sister. "I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but I'll help you guys stop the, uh, killer." The timid sister said gently. Jacklyn smiled and looked at Naomi as she joined them and waves hello while Zoe glances to Zeke. "What class do you have next?" Zoe asked curiously to take her mind off the murders.

Zeke took a moment to take out a piece of paper. He was reading through the classes. "They're still trying to find a place for me. Right now after this class I have to go to the music department and preform in front of the head teacher and all the the students in the music department so that's going to be fun. Are either of you in the music program."

Jacklyn made a grossed our face at his question while Zoe lit up happily. Zoe gave an eager nod at his question. "I'm in the music program! It's beautiful, really. They have practice rooms you can sign up to use during the day. And they have just about every instrument you can think of! Except for the bag pipes. Not many kids into those. But still! And the room is beautiful! It's always kept nice and neat." She said eagerly. Jacklyn just rolled her eyes, but couldnt hide the smile on her face. Her sister was the artistic music prodigy while Jacklyn was the martial arts prodigy. Jacklyn chuckles. "So we will be following Zoe for that class."

Zeke smiled at this. At least he won't be alone this time. "That's cool. I'm kinda nervous though. It seems kinda harsh that my first day here I have to preform in front of the entire music program. They say it's to see exactly how skilled I am and to figure out where to place me. I just hope I do well."

Ooc: on my phone so I can't change text colour.

Seiko was suprised by jacklyn's words and yet she was so happy to hear them. "Then it's settled then but..." "But what?" Naomi exclaimed. "The four of us won't do, we need a team! So let's see, we need:
Someone from the drama department of preferable seen as though they would of been close to sarah so we can examin her.

Someone rich, because I'm sure we'll need some things and I have a girl in mind plus her dad practically owns all of the school.

naomi is good at science but she only works in chemistry, we need someone from biology to help us out.

But we'll also need someone from the law department.

And I guess we could use an artist if we want Sarah's body surely someone could fashion up a fake replacement".

"So it's settled then?" Naomi asked "you bet your sorry ass it is" Seiko said slapping her on the butt. We should meet in the library during lunch.

Zeke looked at Seiko and Naomi. He bit his lip before speaking. "I could help if you want. I'm not a real science wiz, but I do know technology. My uncle taught me how to pick most locks and hack most computers. So maybe my skills could prove useful in getting past reports and seeing how they compare to one another. Also you have to deal with security cameras. I could help with that. If you want that is."

"That would be excellent Zelenograd" Seiko added. "Perfect so we have sort of a team"

large.jpg

Name: Rae Simmons
Grade: 12th​
Looks: Rae is a very beautiful girl, with long light brown hair and entrancing brown/green eyes. She wears a variety of dresses, skirts, jeans, etc.
Biography: Rae comes from a rich family and has a younger brother. She's a good student, getting high B's and A's throughout school. She is one of many people that has a lot of not-so-close friends. She's the head of photography for the yearbook and plans on going into modeling and already has a contract lined up, having money and good looks gets that. She's a moderate person, smiling easily and kind to most.

OOC- SORRY! I didn't follow this thread so it just blew up without me noticing.

BIC-

Rae walked gracefully into the school, not concerned with the murder that, already, 12 people had texted her about. Unlike her other students, she was wearing her uniform and it was perfectly ironed. She wore the skirt, the white tights, the button up, and the sweater, and she looked fabulous. She was saddened by the death, but as someone who knew a lot of people in the school, this wasn't the first time someone she knew had died horribly. Besides, she'd learned over time that is was those who survived that had the roughest time of it. She frowned as she got into class, then watching Adrian get at it with a Detective before storming out. (LINK, @RogueRaven12) The Drama teacher still hadn't arrived, so Rae left her homework on the desk and headed out. She didn't really understand why the school was still functioning, or how the student inside of it were still functioning for that matter.

She put her hair in a messy, yet beautiful, pony tail as she walked. She wasn't sure where she was going to go, but her melancholy mood wasn't something she wanted people to see. She wondered again why she rejected her older brother's offer for marijuana the other day- being drugged would definitely make life easier. Besides, in a modeling career she would stick out like a sore thumb if she wasn't on drugs. Of course, sticking out was exactly her plan.

She decided to look for Adrian (@RogueRaven12), she was supposed to photograph their rehearsal that night but she wasn't so sure that he would want it. Also, she was compiling all of the lost students best pictures for the yearbook, a sort of memorial, and he seemed the best option to ask about it for her.

Zoe chuckled a little at Zeke. "The music teacher made just about everyone do that during the beginning of the school year. Don't worry about it, it's not nearly as bad as it sounds if you love your music. Just focus on that and you'll do great." She said with a bright smile. Jacklyn watched her sister happily. Her sister lit up when she played or talked about music, much like how Jacklyn glowed when she fought or practiced her martial arts. Jacklyn turned her attention away from her sister and to the others, listening to their plans and such, which interested her. Of course, Jacklyn would do her best to protect her friends, but in a heartbeat she would give up her own life for her sisters. Zoe always came first. And for Zoe, Jacklyn always came first. That attitude helped them survive a lot of bad situations in their past, and they weren't going to give up that kind of bond for anything.

Zeke shrugged a bit. "Ok then, but I just hope he won't be too suprised with the condition my guitar is in. I heard that the music teacher only likes classical music. So if that's the case then he is in for a real treat." The bell rang. "Wow this period went by fast. I guess now it's time for me to face the music. Literally."

This time what he said was in Jacklyns interest. She was the one who enjoyed more hardcore music while Zoe had a passion for soft, classical or jazz like music. Jacklyn chuckled. Besides, rock music got her more pumped in a fight then heading songs from The Nutcracker. "If that's how your gonna play it, then make sure you show off all your skills..." Jacklyn began. "Or else he won't give you a second thought. He's not a fan of any music with guitars, but he sure knows how to make them guitar gods." Zoe finished. Then together, the two said "So make sure to show him your worth his time, got it?"

Zeke grinned. "Ok then..." Zeke walked with them. He had already dropped off his guitar and things at the music room in his designated locker. When they reached the music room Zeke was told by the teacher to get ready. Zeke saw the twins take their seats along with the rest I'd the students who were silently judging him. Zeke took a moment and opened his guitar case and pulled out his electric guitar. It was an old beat up guitar that looked like it was repaired with other parts. The body was covered with duct tape. He took out a set o pedals and connect them together with the guitar cords. He connect on end to the beat up amplifier and the other to his guitar. Zeke took a deep breath as he looked out to the audience. Without any words he began to play his guitar.

During his song Zeke would press down on the pedals in order to alter the sound. Zeke to a metal slide and would scrape it across the strings to make the scratching sounds. When Zeke played he wasn't stationary. He would move around and almost dance to his music while he would play. His hands were almost like a blur when he played. When he was finished he would stare at the audience in silence. He could feel his heart pumping in his chest. He knew that this wasnt the style most of the music department was used to. But Zeke grew up with alternative and punk in his veins. So he didn't care that it wasn't the refined style they were all used to. Zeke was a poor kid just trying to make it big, and he was proud of that.

Last edited:
Jacklyn broke out into a large grin when he had finished. She of course enjoyed the music while Zoe was both surprised and pleased by the sound. Sure, Zoe wasnt as crazy about guitars as Jacklyn was but she had to say she was very impressed by his playing. Jacklyn glanced to the shocked faces of the students and let out a few chuckles at their facial expressions. In perfect sync, the two of them began clapping and slowly the rest of the class joined in. Zoe looked over at the teacher, who didn't appear all that pleased at the sight of the guitar before Zeke began but then the teachers distaste turned and began to look impressed by the students display of skill as he started writing down in his notes. As he wrote, the class instantly stood and left their spots to get their instruments. Zoe went to get her violin case while Jacklyn went to get her cello. Zoe was a master at all sorts of instruments while Jacklyn was just skilled in her cello, but focused most her attention in physical activities. Jacklyn flashed Zeke a thumbs up while Zoe smiled and waved at Zeke.

Zeke couldn't help but grin as he picked up his things. The teacher handed him an acoustic guitar and told him from now on that's all he can play in his class. Zeke was angry at this decision, but he decided that it was best not to be thrown out of the class. Zeke grabbed the guitar and sat in the string section. With Zoe and Jacklyn. He shrugged his shoulders. "Guess he wasn't much of a fan. How was it from your guys position?"

Zoe smiles at him. "Im not much of a guitar fan, but I have to say that was very impressive." She said cheerfully as her twin was pulling out the end peg of her cello. "It was impressive. Where did you learn to play like that? Jeez, I wish I knew who your teacher was when you were younger. Then I wouldnt be stuck with this cello." Zoe nudged Jacklyn but the both chuckled and smiled. They set up their music in their stand as they patiently waited for an answer.

Zeke shrugged a little. "Actually I taught myself for the most part. I was really good, but then this old guy moved in one day and he showed me my true potential. He showed me all these guitar pedals and how they could change the way a guitar sounded. He actually gave me the guitar I was using. He said he had that growing up. He never replaced it. He would just repair it. When he died I promised to put all that he taught me into my music and that one day I would sell out Madison Square Garden."

Jacklyn blinked in surprise of his goal and smiles. Zoe broke out in a grin too and in unison, they said. "That's a wonderful goal!" Zoe opened her mouth to say more, but the cunductor stood up front. He waited for everyone to get situated before he raised his arms and the students in class got into their playing positions, waiting for their cue to start playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.