Riven: MNN/Irabus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamon couldn't help from smiling to himself behind the helmet when August boarded the motorcycle without hesitation and wrapped his arms around him. He gave his watch one final tap before slipping on a pair of leather gloves he pulled from his pockets. The visor in front of his eyes pinged to life, various glowing text shooting about the screen before settling once it had finished calculating directions to the address. A bright line remained along the road's path to indicate where he needed to go, accompanied by the ever changing estimated arrival time in the top right corner.

A muffled laugh could be heard from the helmet.

"I think that can be arranged." The idea of having August around was oddly comforting to Gamon in retrospect of everything he had been through in the past decade. Of course he had Al, but the man never set foot outside of the bar it seemed- he was content to stay in his small bubble. The unicorn had no shortage of connections and a vast network, but friends were in short supply in these trying days. And he liked to think he could still consider the other man a friend.

At the conclusion of his last statement, the bike spun forward and onto the road.

------​

"Well....this is hardly what I expected." Gamon mused as he pulled the helmet from his head, looking up at the shady warehouse that looked more or less abandoned judging by the various broken windows and delapidation. "Maybe I put the address in wrong..." he thought aloud to himself, pulling the scrappy piece of paper from his pocket and comparing it to what his had put into his watch. And it matched. His eyebrows knitted together as everything within him was screaming this was a job he needed to ditch immediately, however there was also the call of 2 grand echoing in the back of his mind. And there was a hint of something else- like there was more than meets the eye.

"I will probably regret this later, but lets take a look around. I think he may have given me the address where he thinks our culprits are staking out." It was not the optimal way to go about things, but if they were already here they might as well at least give the place a quick glance around.

[BCOLOR=transparent]August hopped off of the motorcycle as soon as it had stopped, ruffling his windblown hair back to its regular messiness. He ogled the building in front of them; a run down, abandoned warehouse, or so it looked. Just looking at it made August's stomach churn, but with anything that put August at unease, he went[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] to it[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] instead of getting away. Before Gamon could even say another word, August was briskly making his way towards the desolate building.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]First he tried the large front doors, which were heavy set with corrugated iron, a thick chain roped across the two rusted handles. He briefly fiddled at the lock before giving up and pacing along the edge of the building, head tilted up. The way he moved was reminiscent of a wild animal in captivity, treading at the edges of its cage. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Quickly enough, he'd spotted a broken window that wasn't boarded up. He'd focused on it completely, wide eyes staring up at it. It was a good 16 feet up, with nothing to help him get up there. His attention dragged away from the window, turning to Gamon. "I'm gonna go take a look." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And so, in broad daylight, August shifted. His shadow stood in his place, gaze still locked on Gamon. It was clear this form had healed at the same rate as August's human body, no sign of injury on it now; shimmery black fur and feathers smooth and unmarred. He turned his head away slowly, craning his neck back at the window. His body lowered to the ground, muscles coiling. August sprung up gracefully, forelegs outstretched. August shifted back mid air as he fell through the window. His body seemed to defy gravity, and he landed on a platform on the inside of the building without so much as a thud.[/BCOLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.