Ritual of Reconciliation

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good question. I have no idea. Lets figure it out now, ks?

Aldrich's first post takes place before any other posts. He said something about being tricked 1 week before leaving? or did he leave a week ago? *checks* He was invited two weeks after becoming heir of the wind, over one week ago, so its been at least 3 weeks (30 days/1 month) since the 13 of Ebar....

So it has to at least be the 13 of Toben, or 17 days before the New Year and the Ceremony of Investiture.
But he said "a little over" one week, so lets say its...

So lets say that Aldrich's post takes place on the 18 of Toban.
Van's first post takes place early morning (like, just after dawn) on the 19 of Toban.
Lavanya's first post, the arrival posts of Oujin, Mystisa and Kaz take place mid to late afternoon on the 19 of Toban.
Lava's second post takes place late afternoon on the 19 of Toban.

Not sure if your next post is gonna take place on the 20 of Toban or on the 19 of Toban, but yeah...so far, most of the action has taken place on the 19th.

I figure all the characters should, hopefully, show up no later than the 23 of Toban, which gives them all 7 days at least to settle and meet each other before the Ceremony in which the pairings are announced. Of course, we can do some judicious time skipping between arrivals and the Ceremony, if people want.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Falcon I think it would be much funner if you had her run around making preparations. but you don't have too. at the very least provide me with the end result so I don't have to make it up :P

Also, very nicely reasoned on the date. It matched my estimates near exactly. I was assuming Aldrich's post was the 17 but it really doesn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, that's fine by me though I'll need to consult with you over a few details.

I'll see if I can't cover Claudia and Oujin arriving/settling into his mansion in the same post, but it'll be a couple days before it's ready to go up. For some reason I decided I needed to map out the floor plan before I could write anything . . .

Oh, and what's the policy on out buildings? Could Reinkuni, say, have it's own small personal bathhouse detached from the main mansion?

ahahaha...floor plan. Oh, i'm like that too. I'm surprised I don't have a floor plan of Lava's mansion yet...

Um. Well, yeah. I mean, Lava has a cold pool in the ground floor, and probably a few warm pools too... Plumbing is sufficient, and water is common enough, that everyone pretty much has a private bath. Of course, all baths must be on the ground floor (although toilets...ahem, necessities, don't have to be). There also probably aren't any showers.

@_@ I'm so sorry that I haven't posted yet. Trying to find another job and the one I've got is wreckin me bad. Uhm. I'm trying to read to catch up with everything so I can post hopefully tonight, or tomorrow. Just so I know how far along yall have gotten, what day is it in comparison to the day we -need- to have our character there and settling in? >_<;

I actually answered the day question already, if you look up at the first post on this page. We've set it so that the three Reconciled (Kaz, Mystisa and Oujin) arrive first ((not counting Lava, who got there months ago). They all showed up on the the 19 of Toban, about 11 days or so before the characters 'need' to be there (11 days before the Ceremony of Investiture).

EDIT: Also, on your post, you will need to change the font size. Standard font is a size 3, which I can mostly read. Fonts 1 and 2 are harder to read, so if you could not make the font smaller than 3, that would be great.

Yeah, I fixed it. I don't know why it was size 2... It should've been three. XP I set it to three when I was typing it out. This forum does not like me tryin to change things...

I know. Every time I have to edit something on the first post, I end up finding half a dozen formatting problems that should have not been there, because I fixed them - several times.

Oh man, Neoh, oh man! That post was just...that post was brilliant! Using a letter to describe the place and confirm her arrival at the palace...that was just...yes, I LOVED IT. Great idea. I can't wait to read more letters from her!

Now we just need Oujin and Kaz to tuck themselves in for the night (or...like, let us know in ooc that their fine with a skip to morning) and then two more characters can arrive!

• Thank You
My next post is going to end up taking place in the morning of the next day so moving ahead is fine by me.

Awesomenesssssss.

I am going to put together some kind of timeline in a day or three, probably on google docs, to serve as both a summary of the RP thus far, but also as a reminder of upcoming events - like Bdays.

Quick question
How early does the arena open? or do the reconciled have access to it whenever they want?

Oh good question! I've been trying to figure that one out myself. At first, I was like.."OOOOh, NIGHT SPARRING!" but then...I thought, "nah". So maybe Dawn to Dusk? ...hmmm... But no, cause its SUPER hot during the middle of the day, from like 11am to like 5 or 6PM, so that's a long time for no sparing.

I don't know. What do you think? Open all the time, and first tier residents can access it during the night, but people who live on other tiers have to be gone before dusk (when the Palace Guards close the first tier to outsiders) and can only show up after dawn? hmm... I mean, there are training halls and practice halls in other parts of Atanwan, so its not like the Arena is the only place to practice arms...

Yeah. So Dawn to Dusk for most citizens, any time of the day or night for palace or city guardsmen (but not port guards), residents of the palace, library, university and whatever. Does that work?

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
That works :)
Thanks

Aha, more posts! YAY. And a good one too!

I want to post as Lava again, but...not sure what she'd do. Show up at Kaz's door cause of the relationship between Ester and Pohoni? Just hang out where people could see her and approach her? what to dooooo....

I know what you mean Murasaki. Kinda lost myself. The next day, I'm thinking Mystisa will walk around the palace for some air and maybe find some pearls. Are there actual pearls there? Are the Reconciled allowed to get inside the heart of the palace? If so, what's it like there?

Ah. So many questions!
....hm. Pearls, yes. They are... hmmmm. In the walls of the inner palace, and on some decorations and...make up the old Throne. yes. ((Seriously, the name just came to me, I don't think this stuff through)).

ahem. Ummm... I am going to say that no, entry into the center palace structure is limited to servants except during main events, including but not limited to the Ceremony of Investiture and the Ritual. I am still sort of figuring out what sort of rooms are in the center building...I mean, an old throne room and like the grand hall, sure, that is there...but what else? so for now, no entry. There would be guards on the doors, respectful but firm. yeah.

• Love
I've been traveling for work so I haven't gotten an opportunity to post anything new. Life has been super busy but hopefully I should be able to post within the next several days. I will try to get something out tonight but I won't rush it. If I don't feel the quality of the post is good then I'll probably just wait until I get home in a few days.

That's fine. Work and life come first. Can we just assume Kaz has arrived and is either in his mansion being lazy, (or sleeping with the maids)? He doesn't have to come out or even do anything the day after arriving...

Yes, I'd say that's safe to assume!

Status
Not open for further replies.