Rise of the Golems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be fine if I joined the fray as well? I'm working on a bio now.

tumblr_mo52j7gk5X1stlu5ro1_1280.jpg

Deacon of Darkness

Character Name: Azazel The Deacon of Darkness
Looks About: 28
Identifying Gender: Male
Magic Type: Darkness/ Shadow manipulation
Main Weapon: Shadow dream: An attack in which he engulfs the area in blackness giving the effect of blackout, which he then projects fears of the people inside the trap. Giving them a mental destruction because the more they fight the realer the shadow becomes.
Secondary Weaponry: A shadow force Long sword, he flows the shadows through the hilt and forces it out in the shape of blade in which he hardens it and allows him to cut and slice. he can also extend the distance of the blade.

Bio: Avirican the birth place of the Deacon of Darkness, his now known imprisonment in the great dome of light. His destructive rampage through the war caused his final imprisonment for years upon years upon years. He was mad with power his master almost loosing control of him which would of possibly thrown the world into darkness, but by the end of the war he had been defeated and sealed away in the dome of light. but it could not hold his whole power so he was split into two and put into his spirit golem.

His mind wandering in eternal limbo as he was trapped away for what was to be eternal life, He vowed to return to the world and cause chaos as his body willed him to do. The darkness was his ally as it was the fear of others. The dome of light were half of him resides is beginning to crack and he can feel it.

The deacon will rise and the deacon will destroy, he can still hear the words of his creator " Azazel, i have made you...for one purpose only...that purpose...is to win....is to bring victory to our side " His final thought before put away, can be heard echoing through the castle.

avatars-000006739810-etlxoc-crop.jpg

Golem/Spirit Golem
Character Name: Azar Zelar
Looks About: 18
Magic Type: Dark
Main Weapon: A black dagger
Secondary Weaponry: His shadows if needed

Bio: His creator was one who had become afraid of his own " son " locking half of him away inside this golem. It had cause major problems for him in everyday life, as he would see things that would be his worst nightmares. Things that normal humans would go to therapy for, Yet he pushed on to prevail in his assignment and that was to keep the deacon under control for if he was set free. Chaos would ensue and he would feel as if that was his doing and his burden that he let upon the world. Azar tends to keep to himself in the regular world as people get a radiating feeling from him. Which is not sure from his threatening eyes or his un natural calm demeanor .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignition - Sure any ideas on who your gonna make?

Akuma - The main issue lays in your Bio, not sure if I would want people losing their souls near the Deacons prison. Theres also not really any...call for it as your power lays in darkness (and mental/psychological breakdowns through fears) not really draining souls though. It feels abit more life/death magics (which I wish I was thinking about when I made this XD)
Anyway having the deacons prison cracking is fine as most of the magics would be weakening, so it really its just a matter of some slight altering to the bio to make it fit without draining souls.

Golem

Character Name: Grand Chariot, Sleipnir

Looks About: Physical age is undetermined as "he" was created as a mechanical suit of armor and weapons forge

Magic Type: Fire (Heat specfically), Water in the production of steam or combustions

Main Weapon: Sutr's Furnace (Sleipnir exists as a walking forge, so by using Sutr's Furnace he's able to retrieve on of his previously crafted weapons)

Secondary Weaponry: Caladbolg (Signature weapon)

Appearance:
Armor sword.jpg

Bio:

In times of war, those nations who are graced with weaponry that surpasses their foes are destined for victory. It was with this thought in mind that the golem, Sleipnir, was crafted within the city of Sodan. With it already being the world's capital for magic and military might it was only natural that it too should be an engine for weapons crafting. Sleipnir, a golem created from the very ore that existed as the foundation of the city; forged into an entity that existed both as the epitome of Sodan's military superiority and as its weapons forge and capital blacksmith. Sleipnir existed solely for the purpose of creating weapons, tools that existed for the sake of conquering and slaying those who stood in opposition or those too weak to defend themselves.

To suit his purposes, Sleipnir was infused with an ancient relic, found in the pit of 'his' stomach. The relic was known as Sutr's Furnace, an ever burning flame encased in the very metal that he was crafted from. Its power, rooted in flame is imbued with substantial amount of magic from within the very core of the city, in which it draws its incredible magical power. Sutr's Furnace acts as an eternal forge and arsenal; though it exists within the confines of Sleipnir's body its dimensions are virtually infinite. With that ability it is able to house a seemingly countless array of weaponry along with the capability to produce countless more within it's flames. Though in order to both keep these flames in check and to cool the weapons down enough for human usage, Sleipnir was also infused with an equally powerful water magic. The combination of the two opposing elements form the vast production of steam which flows constantly throughout the mechanical beings body, providing 'him' with an endless supply of energy.

Sleipnir was created for the purpose of creating tools that brought an end to lives. Despite this, Sleipnir values life greatly. As 'his' consciousness developed further, so too did his appreciation for the living; considering he was technically without life. His fascination only grew with time as he was able to observe life further and when allowed idle time he often found himself lost in his 'thoughts' about the wonders that life beheld. Unfortunately this was a passion he was often forced to suppress; for not only was he designed to craft weapons, he was a weapon himself and as a weapon he was without fault. In times of war, the weapon known as "Grand Chariot, Sleipnir" was a force to be reckoned with and was one of Sodan's most notable military assets. However with the passage of time and the sealing of the Demon Golems a time of peace has settled within world, thus allowing Sleipnir more time to enjoy the wonders that life had to offer and further deepen his passion for the life in which he was devoid of. The irony found in an existence that was designed to take life who in turn cherishes it is another fact that fascinates him further.

As it stands, Sleipnir continues to work as the city's blacksmith and weapon forge. Recently Sodan has been in high demand for weapons as of late, which is foreboding even for a military capital. Considering his purpose he wasn't one to complain, but something was coming; something that would undoubtedly disturb the long standing peace within world. Something that would force Sleipnir to yet again dawn his alias and trade his compassion for brutality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooo, the first regular golem :3

Accepted ^^

Thanks xD. This looks like it's going to get pretty interesting.

okai ill edit it lol

Edit: I edited it and pulled out the whole feeding off fear also

Okay ^^ accepted

I should have the rp up sometime tomorrow (well assuming that I dont have to do anything tomorrow but there seems to be talk about decorating >_>
Would have been tonight but I havent had as much time as I hoped to sit down and work on it so pretty much I'm sitting on notes right now XD

Coolio, I look forward to seeing what you have prepared. I'm actually pretty excited about this RP.

I do hope people are still interested in participating.

>_> Really do need to double check that I have the 'watch this thread' checked. Actually it should be auto checked on threads that you create.
I hope more people post but in any case I'll make a post to reply so that at least you two can have something to do

Much appreciated. I'll talk to my brother Akuma at least about posting.

Well Cheshire said she would try and post soon

I myself am currently having a bit of a brainfart in terms of posts so I'm going to be trying to think of some stories to punch through the block.

If this is still going on, then I'd want to reserve the monarch of earth. I'll have something up after Christmas if it is.

i hope people are still interested and are ust busy XD
I'll be sending out pm's once I get over this bloody sickness (I think its just foodpoisoning (which is a hell of a thing to get over the holidays XD

So here it is.

Demon Golems

Character Name: Terris, Monarch of Earth
Looks About: 18
Magic Type: Earth
Main Weapon: Earthspires - These are lances of stone, earth, or whatever minerals happen to be at hand. They are conjured from the ground and can be manipulated past that. Their trajectory is variable, even more so given that they can be split into multiple spires. They are not limited to spikes though, also being able to curve.
Secondary Weaponry: Drain Touch - By impaling his fingers into anything living, golem included, he can drain their vitality. While for humans this is a near instantaneous death, it takes much longer against golems. Regardless of the target however, if he stays in long enough contact, he can also drain portions of their magic and recycle it, temporary gaining the ability to use their magic. Of course, this can also heal his own wounds.
Appearance:

In his natural state, Terris is a slim young man with blonde hair and orange eyes. His upper body is mostly bare and the rest of his flesh is covered in scalelike titanium shards. Though not in his original design, these shards also form a tail ending in three spike that can impale a target easily. The shards act as both armour and weapons, his fingers able to rend flesh easily.

While he does not feel cold or heat, he wears a hooded forest green robe with oversized sleeves to hide his appearance, lest the people he encounters attack him as a monster outright.
Bio: Terris was not created out of lust for power nor out of vanity but rather out of desperation. His creation took place in a remote region of Merith which had recently found its farmlands to have become inexplicably barren. Despite the regular rains and the efforts of the inhabitants, the earth refused to give up any of its bounty. In an act of desperation, those few starving men and women left banded together to attempt to create a golem that could help them coax out a sustainable harvest.

Though the ritual cost the lives of several of them, they succeeded. Originally crafted in the likeness of the magistrate's son, now dead from his own compassion, Terris stood. No sooner had the dust cleared than the ground rumbled and split, small shards breaking through the ground to adhere to Terris' flesh giving him his natural state.

As the survivours looked on in amazement, they would not be able to comprehend just what they had created until the very end. Yes, Terris could do as they asked, could force the earth to relinquish a hefty bounty of food but their wishes had brought out so much more - he could control the very forces that the earth did: life and death. Though he had these great powers at his disposal, the golem was reluctant to use them. Not out of disobedience but rather that he knew better than they what they tampered with. There was a balance that had to be followed and they wanted to interfere with it, bringing a hefty price down upon them.

Despite his warnings, the townspeople, desperate for survival, bade him to command the earth to fertility. With a final warning, he gave into their wishes. From the barren earth sprouted the crops they has so painstakingly planted weeks ago. The fields were lush and the harvest promised to be more than they could have ever expected. It wasn't until the next harvest that anything really came to light. The children that had been born since then had all been stillborn.

When confronted about this, Terris reminded them of his warnings - that there was a balance to things of the earth and that to try to influence them meant that there would be consequences. That their dead crops flourished came at the cost of their children.

Upon this revelation they set upon them with whatever weapons they could find. TO so callously kill their children, this monster would have to perish. He gave them the warning once more before he took each of their lives. As their blood ran through the town towards the fields, he did not cry, he did not laugh, he merely shook his head in regret at the ignorance of humans. As he left the barren town, the sun set over the fields, the sizes of the crops the likes of which would never be seen again: tomatoes the size of a human torso; ears of corn longer than a human leg; wheat three times as tall as a man.

He left this corner of the world, hoping to find someone who could understand the balance of existence as he could. Each town he came to welcomed his presence with open arms as their crops flourished but chased him out just as soon as their livestock, their wives, their firstborns began to die. The only ones who were able to even remotely understand were his fellow golems.

A trail of both wasteland and paradise followed him and the earth retook from man what had long ago been claimed while towns stood barren. The more he traveled though, and the more of the world he saw, the more he realized that while the planet may have a balance, there did not exist one between man and his creations. Golems were used and abused for the slightest reason, if any reason at all.

He came to hate the humans for their mistreatment of the golems, for not understanding the delicate balance of existence. These golems were just as sentient as they were and yet they were no better than slaves. There soon became no time between the destruction of the towns - he sucked the life away from every town he came to, slaying the humans within.

The wake of his destruction was leading directly to Sodan where countermeasures were already in place. The kingdom had learned long ago of Terris and with the success of Miko, they had a spirit golem ready for him. Terris made no attempt to hide anything and so fell into their ambush. Before anything else, a golem that looked much the same as he did attacked him. Terris did nothing for he had know such a thing would happen. He felt as they made contact a portion of his power being sucked out of him and the dull eyes of his opposite began to glow with sentience.

"You will live because I will die. It is only right. But in time, you will die so that I may live. What we do is for ourselves. You now know the life of freedom and that of slavery. You now know that there is no balance among man. We must correct that. There will come a time when we can, but it is not now. I die and you will live in my place until that time. Keep it safe."

The golem backed away, his face a mixture of both surprise and acknowledgement. Terris surrendered willingly, and was captured and sealed below Sodan by Miko.

Golem/Spirit Golem
Character Name: Tellera
Looks About: 19
Magic Type: Earth
Main Weapon: Scythe
Secondary Weaponry: Plant Life - Tellera is able to control plant life, causing it to spontaneously grow and command it to either attack or defend. He can also allow it to take root in places it normally couldn't.
Appearance:

Bio: "You will live because I will die. It is only right. But in time, you will die so that I may live. What we do is for ourselves. You now know the life of freedom and that of slavery. You now know that there is no balance among man. We must correct that. There will come a time when we can, but it is not now. I die and you will live in my place until that time. Keep it safe."

These were the first words that Tellera truly heard. They were spoken as he awakened by a young man who looked similar to himself. In his head was both the commands of his creators and a sentience bestowed upon him by the knowledge of balance. At his fingertips was the power of life, stolen from the man before him. He now understood the words spoken to him perfectly and backed away, letting Miko do her job in sealing the other golem.

He lived on, masquerading as a common golem until the time was right. He had no way of knowing when that was though. With the power he was safeguarding for Terris, any fields he worked in grew faster and more bountiful so he was put to work on farms outside Sodan. Through the years he was given much time to think on his own and put pieces together as he could. In time news reached him about a group who wanted to revive the demon golems, including Terris.

He kept both eyes and ears open, waiting for something more substantial than just a rumour. In time more came to light and he began actively seeking them out, eventually being 'kidnapped' by them and taken to a secret facility.

Quite tired will read more later tomorrow.

Read up to your weapons and I'm not sure that your 'drain touch' fits with the earth power. I'd accept that Earth may also hold 'nature' which would be plants and animals, and there are some plants that sap life from others (like weeds stealing nutrients) but not sure stealing life from another would fit as thats more 'death' (seriously wish I was thinking about life and death when I made this...maybe I should just add them in... <_<

anyway gonna sleep now

Status
Not open for further replies.