Ringling Traveling Circus (OOC & Signups)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

practically.a.fairy

Edgebabby
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
cmiwqh8vaaaox15-147188.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Ringling Bros. traveling circus is making it's way across the country quickly gaining its ground as the most renowned circus in America. The brother and sister Ringlings gained their 12 train car circus from their deceased father. They are now in charge of running things smoothly and making money. On top of caring for their employees as their family. The circus runs by their own laws. The laws of the circus are different, and when you have hundred performers, and a hundred more workmen that won't get along for anything things are bound to get interesting. Secrets are kept, people are killed and there is no real law to keep you safe.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]There is a specific amount of characters for this roleplay. 10, it's 10 ._. I hope you can handle it. There's also a limit to how many characters each roleplayer can have. That's 1. I might change this, but for now, it's one![/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This roleplay is about our characters living the circus life and all that jazz. They're not all gonna be perfect at what they do. The circus is full of freaks and people who don't play by the rules; therefore, there CANNOT be any goody-goodies. Your characters have to have some legitimate flaws and stuff. While I'm on the topic of characters, please flesh out your character sheets and make them as detailed as you can. It really helps with pairings/friendships and getting an idea on how your character is and will be during the roleplay![/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If I do decide to up the character limit, please please please put your characters in different posts! It just makes linking easier! Put the password Don't red light me in your character sheet below.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I LOVE LOVE LOVE drama! And I definitely encourage it in this roleplay. Do some cheating, attempt to throw someone off the train, sabotage someone's act! The more the better (sometimes), but please no drama in the OOC.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I am GM and what I say goes. Respect that and we will have no problems. If not, I'll kick ya butt! From the RP that is :3 My Co-GMs are @HEX and @Misguided†Ghost[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There will be 5 males and 5 females. I haven't decided on whether or not I'm gonna up that to 6 and 6. I'll tell you guys later if I do.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As far as posting in the IC. I'm gonna say at least two 7-10 sentence paragraphs. Or a lot of small paragraphs with various sentences lmao. The second password is Circus life is the best life.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]~Characters~[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent](If I rate your CS a heart, you're accepted. Only when it's finished though.)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]FEMALES[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ringling Sister - @practically.a.fairy[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Female Stowaway - OPEN[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Performer Girl 1 - @Misguided†Ghost[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Performer Girl 2 - @Pasi[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Performer Girl 3 - @Shayla[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]MALES[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ringling Brother - @Misguided†Ghost[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Male Stowaway - @Mysty[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Performer Boy - @HEX[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Crew Boy 1 - @Tart[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Crew Boy 2 - OPEN[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]~Character Sheet~[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000][Appearance Photo Here][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Face Claim:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Color Reference:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]BASICS[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Name[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Nickname(s)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Age, Birthday and Astrological Sign[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000](12-35)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Gender[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Job[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]APPEARANCE[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Height[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Weight[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Piercings[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Tattoos[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Marks (birthmarks, scars, etc)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Health Ailments[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]PERSONAL[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Personality[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000](Either a paragraph or list and describe traits)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Likes[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Dislikes[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Hobbies/Talents[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Throw in a few that have to do with circus life[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Secrets[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Strengths[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Weaknesses[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]HISTORY[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000](Why did you join the traveling circus? Were you born into it?)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]EXTRAS[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Living Quarters: (These will be assigned eventually)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Passwords:[/BCOLOR]

~UPDATES~

Last edited:
WIP

The Optimistic Fortune Teller
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☀ ☀ ☀ ▬▬

Nickname: Sunny
Birth Date: April 15th
Job: Acrobat
Astrological Sign: Aries

[bg=#000000]

4814692.png

Face Claim: Kiera Please
Color Resource: B024E3

☀APPEARANCE☀

☀Height☀
4 feet 10 inches

☀Weight☀
110 pounds

☀Piercings☀
Septum
Smiley
Ears
Tongue 1
Tongue 2

☀Tattoos☀
The Koi Fish
The Dream Catcher
The Sugar Skull
The Fortune Teller

☀Marks☀

☀Health Ailments☀
Allergic to pecans

☀PERSONAL☀

☀Personality☀
Easily angered: She is very easily angered and it definitely shows. The littlest slip up could make Sunny go off on you and no one wants to see that. It's a good idea to get on her good side and stay there.

Blunt: Sunshine is very straightforward when it comes to most things. She is quick to voice her opinions and will not hold her tongue.

Always Hungry: Sunny is a girl who LOVES to eat! She'll eat pretty much anything and everything no matter what it is. She is never one to turn down food.

Logical: She is a fast learner and she thinks on her feet. She uses her quick wits and smarts to help her make hard decisions and solve problems. As well as a little bit of voodoo and sight.

Confident: Sunshine is a girl who takes pride in herself and everything she does. She knows what she wants and she does what she has to do to make things happen the way she wants them to.

Adventurous: She is definitely a girl who will try new things and get out there when she wants to. She can be very reckless sometimes

Partier: Sunny can be a bit of a party girl in all honesty. There's a smart and sweet side of her that likes to stay at home, read books and practice magic; however, there's also a side ofim/her that loves to go out with friends, party, drink and stay out until 2AM.

Daring: Sunshine is definitely a girl who loves to get into shit and do things that would be considered bad or dangerous. She is always doing things to get her adrenaline going, whether it's cliff jumping, skydiving or doing parkour.

Energetic: Sunshine is a girl who is usually full of energy when it comes to doing things She likes or having fun, despite her spouts of depression that seem to pop up sometimes and deflect this trait.

Positive: For the most part, Sunshine is a very positive person. She usually believes that no matter what, something good will always happen and although it may not seem like it, things will always get better.

☀Likes☀
☀Music
☀Animals
☀Gymnastics
☀Camping
☀Adventures

☀Dislikes☀
☀Rude people
☀Random spouts of stage fright
☀Forgetting things
☀Rap music

☀Hobbies/Talents☀
☀Gymnastics skills
☀Reading
☀A little animal taming

☀Secrets☀
WIP

☀Strengths☀
☀Fortune telling
☀Smart
☀Positive
☀Good with throwing knives
☀Voodoo stuff

☀Weaknesses☀
☀People she cares about
☀Her allergies
☀Being rude (sometimes)

☀HISTORY☀
(Why did you join the traveling circus? Were you born into it?)

☀EXTRAS☀
☀Living Quarters☀
(These will be assigned eventually)

☀Favorite Song☀

☀Passwords☀
"I've been in this circus for a while now, so DON'T RED LIGHT ME and I happen to think CIRCUS LIFE IS THE BEST LIFE

[/bg]

Last edited:

The sweetheart ringling brother
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ✎✎✎ ▬▬

Nickname: Andy
Birth Date: January 19th
Job: Co-Ring Leader
Astrological Sign: Capricorn

[bg=#000000]
4818421.png

Face Claim: Logan Lerman
Color Resource: 2376E1

✎APPEARANCE✎

✎Height✎
5ft 11in

✎Weight✎
211 pounds

✎Piercings✎
None

✎Tattoos✎
WIP

✎Marks✎

✎Health Ailments✎

✎PERSONAL✎

✎Personality✎
WIP

✎Likes✎
✎Music

✎Dislikes✎

✎Hobbies/Talents✎
✎Reading

✎Secrets✎
WIP

✎Strengths✎
WIP

✎Weaknesses✎
WIP

✎HISTORY✎
(Why did you join the traveling circus? Were you born into it?)

✎EXTRAS✎

✎Living Quarters✎

✎Favorite Song✎

✎Passwords✎
[/bg]

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag, may I reserve the stowaway boy?

@Shayla @Pasi @Mysty
There is a ONE WEEK reservation limit! If your character is not up and at least a decent WIP, you will be kicked. Please contact myself, @HEX or @practically.a.fairy if you need this extended for any reason and give an estimation of how many days.

Also, feel free to tag anyone you think would enjoy this RP

• Useful
Reactions: Mysty
Alright so for my female performer:
Face Claim: Kieraplease
Job: Fortune Teller
FB_IMG_1473029694547.jpg

For my Ringling Brother:
Face Claim: Logan Lerman
Job: Anything really lol
images.jpg

HELLA WIP! There's still another character's info in the tabs as well, so just ignore this entirely.

1bdd1b338c869553ebff4ce5330a11f7.jpg

• [bg=#313333]
    [ Name : Eden Asher Forest.
    [ Nicknames: Anyway you can manage to butcher Eden, honestly.
    [ Age: 19.
    [ Birthday : October 3rd.
    [ Astrological Sign : Libra.
    [ Gender; Male.
    [ Job : Stowaway, former --.
    [/bg]

• [bg=#313333]
    ♦ Weight: Eden weighs 125 lbs, with a slim build that's not entirely petite, but not entirely built, either.
    ♦ Height: He stands at 5'6", although he slouches often.
    ♦ Piercings: None.
    ♦ Tattoos: Lace design on the back of his neck. Click here!
    ♦ Marks: Various scars, mainly on his arms and knees.
    ♦ Health Ailments; Vision problems, for the most part. Not serious enough for glasses, but enough to be an inconvenience. Eden is also bipolar.

[/bg]

• [bg=#313333]
    ♦ Personality:

[/bg]

• [bg=#313333]
    { E y e s : His eyes resemble crystals-- both a pale blue and a pale green, a minty in-between. His eyes look sharp and observant, always scanning the information around him. They seem to see right through you.
    { H a i r : His hair is actually a silver-black color, with hints of lighter shades throughout them, giving it a frosted, dyed look. His hair is usually parted to the side, somewhat in his eyes and messy.
    { B o d y : Lucian stands at 5'4", fairly short for a fully grown male, and weighs a slim 126 lbs. His build is slim and agile.
    { C o m p l e x i o n : Lucian has near porcelain skin, almost as white as snow.
    { D r e s s : Lucian dresses in all black mostly, form fitting clothing that allow him to move around easily. Mostly black pull overs with nice, form fitting pants. His clothes are always nicely pressed and clean.
    { E x t r a : His expression is always that of a dull, annoyed expression. Mostly a permanent scowl. He has various scars across his body, mainly from duels and sword fights of the kind, and tattoos on his wrists, as well as his neck. (see picture). He has light scars across his face that are barely visible unless you're up close, just light marks across his cheeks that only add to his cold looking exterior.

[/bg]

• [bg=#313333]
    Lucian was born Lyngdal, Norway, and was always aware of his powers from a young age. Whenever he reached for a glass of water, the glass would frost over and the water would freeze, and whatever he'd touch, it turned cold. His parents noticed his strange abilities, and in living in such a small town, they did not want word to travel fast. Who knew what would happen, whether Lucian would be publicly shamed for being a 'freak', or going so far as being killed for 'demonic powers', his parents wanted to stay on the safe side. They kept Lucian in the house as much as possible, home schooled him, made sure that nobody outside of family never had long-term contact with him for fear that they'd find out about his abilities, and word would spread. This isolation turned Lucian against himself, made him scared to be who he was because of the way his parents tried to hide it. He had forced himself into an icey shell, because that was all he knew how to do.
    At age 10, Lucian's mother fell terminally ill, and was bed-ridden. Lucian did the best he could to help her, although he was still so young and barely understood the concept of death, but a cold glass of water was the bets he could do to help her. They dished out as much money as they could to keep his mother alive for as long as possible, but she unfortunately passed away by the time Lucian turned 12. The death was extremely hard on both him and his father, but as Lucian's grades and behaviour started to take a toll due to Lucian's grieving. His father figured that he needed to get out of the house, find some sort of distraction to take his mind off his mother's death. Over all the other choices, Lucian was forced into fencing classes.
    At first, Lucian hated it-- he'd rather be at home grieving the lost of his mother. But his instructor insisted he keep trying, eventually taught Lucian to focus his emotions into the sport rather than grieving-- and it helped tremendously. Eventually, Lucian rose to the top of his class, was in competitions, was one of the best fencers in the nation. By the age of 15, he was well known for the sport, leaving home for long periods of time to tour and train. During this time, his father had remarried, and him and his new wife were expecting a baby girl-- later to be named Cassandra, although Lucian would never grow too close with her due to never being home. She was born mortal, and knows nothing of Lucian's abilities, and probably never will.
    As Lucian was rising to the top, he soon met his instructor's son, a boy a year older than him, with piercing hazel eyes and a confident smirk. He helped Lucian with training as well, but focused on flirting more than he did actually teaching. The two ended up having a fling, keeping their love in hall closets and behind closed doors, nobody knowing that either boy was gay. Both of their parents were extremely, painfully religious-- they'd be disowned if they ever found out.
    The boy, Quince, lasted for a year and a half of Lucian's life. They had gotten into a car accident, Lucian survived, but Quince hadn't. Lucian had to grieve as a friend and not a lover, he could not tell anyone that Quince was gay, that he was gay, it would spit all over the late boy's grave. Again, he kept this all a secret, his attendance in fencing dropping until he eventually stopped all together, no longer being able to show up in the place that he was once able to kiss Quince at.
    As if a last miracle to pick Lucian up, he received a letter from Celsius Academy, whom had somehow discovered his abilities. He soon attended the school, eventually graduating, and then returning to the school as a teacher; the Sword Fighting teacher.

[/bg]

Last edited:
While I understand the roles, why no Ticket Master?

Or the person who takes the tickets?

• Love
Reactions: tart.
I'm slowly but surely working on my character, I'll have him entirely finished by Friday, though.

Reactions: Ghostie
Hey so I haven't gotten my characters up either. I sorta want everyone's characters by the 29th or 30th, so I can put up the IC and starter posts on the 1st. You guys can claim more characters if you want. I will be adding two 'Freaks' that anybody can claim. Thanks guys! Happy Thanksgiving.

• Love
Reactions: Ghostie
Status
Not open for further replies.