Rigormortis - IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensing the urgency of the situation Diana grabbed Will by his shoulder and forcibly steered him past the dead girl and out onto the street. Unlike last time where Diana had sent Will scurrying ahead this time he stuck so close to her that he might as well have been a second shadow. They made it about half way before they were forced to engage the zombies themselves. For her handicap Diana did a pretty decent job, she had to keep herself positioned so that none of the dead heads would be able to get a hold on it and her bag was cumbersome but she was making it very clear that she was a fighter. Will to his credit played a mean second fiddle. Everytime Diana dropped a Zed and it made as though to get up again it recieved a sharp blow on the back of the head from Will's crowbar. Things shifted once the first gunshots were fired. Taking advantage of a clear moment Diana sheathed her knife and pulled out her M11. Her shots were precise and deadly accurate, and with everyone one working together they eventually made their way to the stairs. With the new guy protecting their backs Diana pushed Will ahead of her and up the stairs, following quickly once she saw what Z.C. and Cottentail were planning on doing. It was not long before everyone was inside and Diana slowly and carefully lowered herself to the floor.
"Close call? And yet you seem no worse for wear." She said to Zachery gesture slightly at her foot, although her tone was hard to read it was not hard to spot the grin tugging at the corners of her mouth. However the smile slid off her face when she felt something grab onto her shirt. It was Will. His crowbar dropped to the ground with a clatter as he used both hands to grab at the side of his sister's, burying his face into the rough fabic of her uniform. When Ana spoke Diana looked up her forehead drawn in concern.
"Ya sure, that would be great." She said vaguely as she turned her gaze back to her brother. It had been a while since she had seen him act this way, something about that girl had really shaken him up. But there was little Diana could do at the moment but wrap her arms around his small form, taking only a moment to free the pup from his bag. She was slient for a while but her foot was starting to really hurt as the adreniline drained from her system and even she could not surpress the occational grunt of pain. But even so she was reluctant to move and she gave Cottentail a greatful nod.

Last edited:
'I've been nicknamed. Cute.' Markus hadn't noticed the moniker at first, but just smirked an continued to stick to Diana and Will like glue, and covering the rear flank. Once inside, Markus stuck by the door until all were accounted for, and then shut the door quickly. Locking and securing the door, he chuckled a bit. What a fucked up situation he was in. Suddenly thrust into a social situation, with people he barely knew at that, he was pretty rusty at any kind of socializing. "Shouldn't go alone." He said to Analiese, wiping off the blood encrusted nightstick before moving towards her. "I'll have your six. Better with a two."

Markus's voice was rough, deep, and a bit raspy. He hadn't talked to someone in a few weeks; he hadn't needed to.

Z.C. took a moment to recoup, as he was somewhat winded. He wiped the blade of his knife on an errant curtain, then slid it back into it's sheath. He looked upon Diana and Will, and noted how they were inseparable. Not even the apocalypse could tear them apart.

"I am sorry you had to see that, Will." Z.C. said, solemnly. "The most that I could ever give that little girl was peace... nothing more."

Z.C. started to follow Ana, as well as Red, for lack of a better name. "Rest up for a bit, I'm going to go have a word with the Russian." He said over his shoulder, the trio passing through a kitchen and foyer, eventually coming upon a stairwell at the end of a hallway. They climbed two floors, eventually ending up in the hallway of apartments on the third floor.

"Алло!? Are you here, you hard-ass Russian bastard?" called Z.C., "Oh, I never did get your name. Unless you want me to keep calling you Red." said Z.C. to the newcomer.

Analiese glanced at him, then nodded. "Alright Red, let's go." She kept the rebar on her shoulder as they made their way through the dark hall. She nodded to Z.C. when he joined them as well. "I'm Analiese." She said quietly. She tried not to see the little girl again when Z.C. spoke to Will about it, but she couldn't help it. One hand went to her necklace again before she shook her head. Focus Ana. She thought. She jumped when Z.C. started to yell, and automatically tightened her grip on her rebar.

"Red is fine. I'd prefer to keep my real name to myself. What you ask me to call you is up to you." Markus said, no disrespect in his voice, bringing up the rear of the two as he twirled the pr-24 absentmindedly, spinning it while it was at his side. He made sure to check the corner for any sign of movement, any sounds he could pick up from the ear silence as they ascended the extra floors. Markus had met a few Russians while he worked at the jail: they weren't friendly. And were mean as shit. Markus merely nodded to Analiese, not to be rude, but he wasn't the most chatty person when he was in "work mode".

((Don't control my character -.- He is mien. I've seen you control the other characters, and I consider doing that as metagaming or powergaming. You can't predict what another would do, as they might have a specific, complex personality. For example, a personality could be one that will let you help him in battle, but offering him help in climbing or bandaging something would be an insult, and not a helping gesture.))

I watch them move into the designated apartment from across the street, as another small horde of about 20 or 30 begin moving towards the front entrance. Moving around to a different building by alleyway, I dash across the street behind them, silently taking out the stranglers with my trench knife, until I'm back into the apartment building, coming in from the adjacent building. Using the ladder I set up in the back, I climb up on the third floor, and slip in through the open window I left, sneaking into the apartment and opening the door on the other side. Greeted with the group moving down the hall, I stand up straight and roll my shoulders. "Good to see friendly face, yes? Aim your weapons at me, and you'll find all of yous on the ground with serious chance of death, yes? yes."

(You have a point. I will try not to metagame too much; to tell the truth this is one of the first times I've GM'd an RP, so if you see me doing that feel free to call me out.)

"Everyone, put your weapons away. In order; Z.C., Ana, and Red." Pointing at each person in the group. "There are a few more people on the first floor who are resting up."

Z.C. approached the Russian, and held out his hand in greeting, expecting a handshake. "So, what should we call you? Crazy Ivan is too insulting, and Ruskie is callous."

Last edited by a moderator:
"10-4." Markus replied mechanically, putting his pr-24 in his belt just after Ana put her weapon away. He stood up though, the Russian man was just a bit taller than him, and looked to be a brute of an individual. 'Hope your negotiating skills are good with broken English, chief.' Markus folded his arms and waited as Z.C. held out a hand in invitation.

I take the handshake, replying, "Yes, yes, name is Melnik Kalashnikov. Grandfather made first AK-47, very famous. He died shortly before we got bombed. Call me Miller, survivors. I have home, not too far from here, shipping place, I know not what name is in English. Lots of containers, found many supplies, good place." I smile warmly, saying, "I also have truck not too far from here, engine damped so no noise. Good for travel, good for group, yes? Lots of weapons for you Americans to use! I even modified a special weapon!" I laugh, releasing the American's hand, turning and look at the others. "Now, just bring up your friends from first floor, they will need to get up here in order for my traps to take out the horde without you all in the way! You might no like your friends getting skewered or torn up?!" I laugh again, turning and walking down the T-shaped hallway, past the stairway. "Meet me in alleyway in back through ladder here, and we can get you all loaded up! Hurry up now, we've no time to spare, I've only just eliminated the local bandit groups, more will be coming in soon!" With that, I kick the bottom of the window at the end of the hallway, breaking the glass, and then kicking the wall beneath it, it giving way and falling outwards. Punching out the rest of the window, I walk out of the man-height hole and climb down a ladder from the tiny balcony that overhangs the dark alleyway, the flashes of light from the silenced AK-47 lighting it briefly as I engage the few undead in the alley.

"Straight to the point, that one..." Markus grunted, turning on his heals as he headed towards the stairs. "I'll help the others get up here." Markus double-timed it down the stairs to the rest of the group, walking into the room. "Alright, we need to move. We met with the Russian guy, he has a vehicle to transport us to his safe house." Markus explained. He wasn't sure about this. During a crisis of this magnitude, someone more than willing to help out people like this after one handshake made him go into super-caution mode. "We've got to hurry, though. don't know how long he'll wait."

Z.C. sighed, silently. If it wasn't for the promise of supplies, he wouldn't be pushing the main group so hard. He turned to Ana. "Help me keep this ladder secure while Red gets the main group up the stairs." Z.C. covered the entrance that Miller made to the ladder, on the watch for any other infected that may come in. Z.C. was extremely uncertain as to why Miller was helping these people, and he hoped with every fiber of his being that the kitted-out Ranger was going to come back.

As Zachery, Ana, and Red moved off to explore the building and look for a way to the upper floors Will murmered something into Diana's shirt his voice muffled.
"Hey, come on there is nothing we can do now." Diana said softly gently rubbing her brothers back. When that didn't get a response she changed tactics.
"Willie I would never let that happen to you, but I need you to be brave so that I can be as well." She said grabbing Will by the shoulders and forcing him to look up at her. The boy's eyes were glassy and a bit red but there were no tears and after a moment he nodded rubbing his eyes with the palm of his hand. Hearing feet approaching Diana's hand automatically jumped towards her knife but seeing that it was only Red she relaxed a little to listen to what he had to say. Looking at her brother she patted him on the before pushing him to his feet. Using the wall to help push herself up once she retrieved her crutch.
"I hope we're right about this guy." there was obvious doubt in her voice but after looking around at the group she started hobbling her way up towards where their escape window was. The pup that had wandered off once it was out of the bag tagged along after the group, no more worried tahn if they had been going off for a summer picnic.

Markus agreed. He didn't trust this guy as far as he could throw him. He didn't really trust anyone at this point. "I agree. But our hands our tied at the moment. Right now, we have to get you guys to safety, and this is our best shot." After Markus finished gathering up only the essentials, making sure to pack light for mobility, he startied up the stairs but saw that Diana was having some trouble due to her leg injury. 'They can't help it, but they're both going to slow us down at this point...it's three flights of stairs.'

"Hey...um..." Markus snapped his fingers a few times to get his attention, but couldn't recall the other man in the rooms name. Only name he knew here was the boys. "...forget it. Carry the boy, though. We've gotta move pretty quick." Markus asked the man, who seemed to be a medic of some kind. He then knelt down in front of Diana before she could really get up that first flight of stairs, his back facing her. "Come on, I'll carry you." He said, waiting for Diana to hop onto his back. "We've got a ladder we have to climb down when we get there, so this'll have to do to save time."

Ana nodded and helped Z.C. secure the ladder. "Are you sure we can trust this guy?" She asked quietly. "We just met him, we have no idea what he wants. For all we know, he could steal all our supplies and leave us for the dead." She stepped away once the ladder was secure and glanced around the room. "I don't like it." She twisted her rebar in her hands as she thought. She'd made a mistake before that'd cost her Danae. She wasn't going to lose anyone else if she could help it.

2 buildings down in the alley, I sit in the driver's seat of a US-National Guard reserve truck, olive green all over and with empty space in the back of it, with a couple boxes filled with knicknacks from my scavenging. It sits silent, engine running, waiting for the slow survivors.

Z.C. looked over at Ana, then at the drab, olive-colored U.S. Natl. Guard truck idling at the end of the alleyway, two stories down, ready to go. He smiled... Z.C. was ecstatic that his gut feeling about Miller was right. "I believe that answers your question, Ana."

Z.C. approached the main stairwell, seeing that the main group was still making their way up, assisted by Red.

"Good news! Our ride is here, let's get moving before we get left behind!" Z.C. called out to the group, hoping to motivate them. Almost on cue, a door slammed open, a particularly aggressive walker shambling at high speed down the hall, it's dead eyes locked on Z.C.'s jugular vein. Z.C. reared back, and delivered a thunderous brass-knuckle punch to the Zed's temple, knocking it flat onto it's back. Z.C. pinned the slavering walker, following up with another blow, cracking the Zed's skull and rendering it inert.

He caught his breath, slightly startled at the Zed's aggressive approach, determined to hold the ladder until the majority reached the idling truck.

Cottontail began to sprint up to Zackery's position. He saw the truck, and sighed heavily. "Oh my god! It's here! We're going to make it!" Excitement once again filled Cottontail to a boil, fueling his urge to run down to the alley. Instead, Cottontail tried to cheer the rest of the group on. "Do the coming on, quickly. There isn't much time.! Do you want him to leave us?" Everyone seemed winded and worn, but they did pick up their speed. Diana and Will were the last ones up, but not by much. Once everyone made it to the top, Cottontail looked at Zackery, smiling through his excitement, and imitated his best DeNiro voice, "What do ya say we blow this Joint?" He thought it was a pretty good Italian, but it actually sounded like a Hoboken Madwoman.

Z.C. looked at Cottontail, with a somewhat appraising gaze. "Your DeNiro impression needs some work; make sure that everyone gets down that ladder safe." He could hear the low thumps of the infected shambling to the opening the aggressive walker made; they would be on the group within a minute. He spoke with his best DeNiro impression, with an exaggerated Italian inflection.
"Sometimes I envy dead men. They have plenty of time."
With that, Z.C. turned to buy the main group time, trench knife and .45 at the ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Analiese reached for Will's hand. "Come on. She urged quickly. "Let's go!" She wanted to make sure they got down before she went down. She glanced towards Z.C. before looking back to Will and Diane. "Will, I'll go first and make sure the zed stay off of us, then you go and Cottontail and Red will help Diane down." She started down the ladder quickly. When she reached the bottom she glanced uneasily at the Russian behind the wheel of the silent vehicle. At this moment she didn't see any zed, so she quickly turned back to the ladder. "Will, it's all clear!"

Diana looked at Red with surprise written across her face as he offered to carry her. For a moment it looked like she was going to say no but she could hear the groaning getting louder in the streets below and after biting her lip for a second she wrapped her arms around Red's neck and clambered up onto his back. It was obvious from the slight blush in her cheeks that she was not particularly happy about this arrangement but, she was no fool and this was the best option for now. Will on the other hand needed much less prompting than his sister. True at first he looked at Ana's hand in surprise but he quickly grabbed hold of it, looking up at her with wide curious eyes. He reached the ladder before Diana and after waiting a bit for an all clear he quickly descended and jumped into the truck one hand clutched around his crowbar just in case. When Diana reached the top of the ladder she carefully slid off of Red's back and glanced over the edge, scanning the street out of habit more than anything else. Quickly stuffing her crutch into a loose strap on her bag she bent down and carefully swung herself around so that she could start the descent. However at the last moment the puppy came trotting up to the edge, having been off exploring some where and was only just now curious as to what they were doing. Looking at Cottentail and Red she nodded towards the dog.
"One of you grab him. I can manage well enough." Sure enough she made pretty good progress going down, powerful arms able to support her weight in those small chunks of time where she would kick out her good leg to descend another couple of rungs. When at the bottom she held onto the ladder for a few moments giving her a chance to pull out her crutch before she to jumped into the car, squeezing in next to Will, and casting a wary glance to the stranger driving the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.