Remnants - An Apocalyptic Roleplay - Signups

I think it's about time I put my CS here already:

tumblr_meezfoiys51rtstnv.gif

Name: Nicklaus Mikaelson
"Nicklaus is the name my father gave me... please, call me Klaus."

"I don't need to prove anything, love, I am the alpha male.."

Personality:
"I can be nice... but don't test me for I can easily get wicked."
Self confident to the point of arrogance, dedicated and extremely capable. Mentally resilient and incredibly calm, in almost any situation. The kind of man who wouldn't raise his voice or swear, but his way of speaking and the raw power of his choice of words can make your arm hairs stand up. He is not usually one to force his opinion on others, but would not allow to be dragged into anything he doesn't want to do. Not a man who enjoys cruelty or death, but not a stranger to any of them either. He would not lie, but wouldn't tell you all the truth either. Not afraid of any sort of confrontation, but would rather avoid it if its not necessary. Not easily frightened, but his calm and cold anger could be truly terrifying at times. The quite sums it all up quite nicely.

Fluent in: English, German, Russian and French.

Religion: atheist

Back story:

"Klaus is one scary dude... with nice hair, though!"
Nicklaus was born in the rich Michaelson family in northern Europe. He has five siblings of whom he is the oldest one and with whom he kept friendly contact up until the start of the apocalypse. As he was aware of what was coming he send them an urgent memo to warn them, but has no way of knowing whether it has reached them successfully. He is not too worried about them, though, the Mikaelsons are quite hard to kill, him being the living proof of that. Now what would the eldest heir of an amazingly rich and old European family line be doing working for the American government? Well, while the people of the old world know how to behave as a real upper class, the truth is they, the old families of lords in particular, are also quite prone to pride and reckless decisions, mostly imposed by the thinking that the world is for them to take advantage on, without any concern for petty things such as daily survival needs. Nicklaus and his father, Michael, had a huge disagreement on how the family business should continue into the new age. You may know that there are three things which can make you really rich: guns, drugs and alcohol. The Michaelsons were producing all kinds of weapons, from guns and assault rifles to Gatling cannons, anti-air defence systems and middle-ranged ballistic rockets. Rumours have it, that their most loyal clients are less than reputable and describing them as "immoral" would be a compliment for them. Several reporters claim to have seen the crimson M of Michaelson Arms Export in several local and civil conflicts both in Africa and Asia. Naturally, that statement was dismissed by the family who claims their biggest clients are the German and British military.

According to Michael, they should concentrate their R&D activities in developing more powerful and accurate missiles both for ground and air targets. Nicklaus disagreed, claiming that silent urban warfare was the export of the future. He wanted to pull all the resources of the family into building a weapon class D. "D" stands for disintegration - silent and almost immediate decompose of the physical body. Michael claimed this to be science fiction, unachievable fantasy and told his son he needs to grow up and live in the present. Nicklaus responded that Michael was so burdened by the past and present that he would turn blind eye to the future. This argument grew so significant, that a word of it reached the press and operatives of the Pentagon contacted Nicklaus with an offer to give him full support and an enormous salary for him to research his weapon in a new secret base. Nicklaus, after discussing it with his siblings, agreed. Naturally, he would never want to remain working for the Americans as the "New world" hosted a culture with no concept of upper class grandeur which he found truly appalling. His disgust with the way Americans lived and communicated was obvious in his relationship with the other departmental heads in the secret facility. To his subordinates, though, he was quite nice and tolerant of their mistakes, which compensated for the high demands he made on them.

"They are by far not the brightest lot, I'm afraid."
"S-sir, you do realise they can hear you..."
"You do realise I don't care?"

His plan was to develop the first prototype of the class D weapon, after which he would return home and Michel would be forced to beg for his help and dedicate all of their resources into reproducing and improving upon it, for once such a weapon came into existence in the world, the demand for it would spike to the sky thus giving huge advantage to whoever began to sell it first. He had absolutely no fear that the Americans would sell the pattern to their own companies and they would improve the product better than him, because he knew they would try to keep this within their military alone, for as long as possible.

His plan was working quite nicely, until one morning his assistant, an Asian woman with glasses at the age of around thirty, came to him, trembling at the news she was about to deliver. The biochemical department of the high-tech facility was at the verge of a major breakthrough, something which would be shaping the modern history and all departmental heads were ordered to suspend their current work for indefinite period of time and lend all of their assistance to the team. Nicklaus wasn't the kind of man who wouldn't take advantage of having high security clearance in a high-tech government facility, so he had quickly gone through all the projects that were currently in progress at the base, shortly after he had arrived in it. The biochemical department had been working on some way to slow down ageing... or was it to preserve reflexes? In any case he had dismissed it as irrelevant bullshit, but he was dragged into the experiment, his subordinates saw his outraged expression change to amazement and anger as the days went by. Those emotions were combined with relentless dedication as he was seen working far late into the night, something that was not usual for him, a man with a firm belief in the need to keep a healthy routine and perhaps the only one who did not mix day and night, despite working underground. The last time his subordinates saw him, he was really angry and told them to take a vacation as of immediately, before rushing to the biochemical branch of the base, talking to the intercom with obvious hatred in his voice. The one who were smart listened to him. Maybe some of the mare still alive.

The rest is well known to the world. I wandered the wasteland for quite some time, taking refuge from the untimely set bombs. I was looking for a reliable vehicle or any other form of transportation. I had my automatic handgun with a decent supply of ammo, so I wasn't worried by the occasional undead, especially since I knew how to move around them undetected. I have no idea how much time has passed, but I knew I changed my attire as often as I could to minimise the radiation going into my body. I can not tell if I am successful, for if you start feeling the effect of radiation sickness you know it is already too late for you. I'd probably shoot myself it that's the case as I am aware of the suffering it causes. Something in my gut tells me, though, that Klaus Mikaelson won't go down this way. Fate seems to agree, as only a couple of days ago I met two people with military gear. Apparently they had abandoned duty - smart men. As far as I know the military threw its people as fresh meat to the zombies for the most part, so those two must have seen it coming. I saw them from my cover around an abandoned building and I decided that it wouldn't be such a drag to have someone watch out while you sleep. I shouted at them that I was human and that they needn't shoot me, after which I showed from my cover. Upon seeing a living man that had sneaked past them, those two looked as pale as my granddad on his funeral. They were not too follish either, demanded me to show that I wasn't bitten anywhere and after we could trust each other that none of us is infected, we decided to group up together. They had standard army assault rifles, crude guns indeed but it was better than nothing. I had told them about my plan to find reliable transport and reach Europe, where I would no doubt be able to be reunited with my siblings and we could work to stop this... situation. The two had moved around mostly aimlessly and they agreed to my suggested course of action. It's not the most pleasant of circumstances, but I think we have managed to make the best of it. Hopefully all of us three of us will make it in one piece, after all this is not an American movie...

Reactions: Blue Jay
Good sheet @Aleksandar
I am happy to accept you for the role

What do you guys think of merging the current characters into the same group?
I'll let the banner run for a few days before coming to a decision though

Awesome indeed xD.
So.. Who is Chara Four playing as my chara is very attached to it ?<3

Is character 7 still available? Could be fun to play. And just how young is she supposed to be?

@Blue Jay - this is kind of a controversial suggestion.
On one hand, I liked the way the groups are now, made kinda stereotypical for the genre so that it's really distinctive and vivid. On the other hand if we mix the current character we will have a nice mix of all the groups and of all the different characte types, so it would also be interesting. And also, we'd be able to start off very soon, so it's another bonus. Still, if we get enough people, it would be better to have the original groups.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I tell you the truth.. It's very hard to keep a Big group of role players together for a long time..xD. I tell this from experience ..~

@PureKor You're a veteran in this site, aren't you? You warned me about my sanity when I registered here :D :D

@PureKor You're a veteran in this site, aren't you? You warned me about my sanity when I registered here :D :D

Reactions: PureKor
It's a good thing I don't have it, then :D

Hey guys! I got a brand new computer so I've been setting that up but I am back and ready to go :D

@Lanawint Character 7 is open!

If you all agree to a merger we can do that

I am always around xD. Lurking ha aha . As usual ~

I am ready when you guys are ^^

The only thing I'd like ot add, if we are gonna be in oen group, how about beginning with our characters encountering each other and forming a group? It'd be fun... We could even stick to the plot a bit, like Klaus and Elijah meet, they see the bandits torture a girl and they rescue her? What do you guys think about that?

The only thing I'd like ot add, if we are gonna be in oen group, how about beginning with our characters encountering each other and forming a group? It'd be fun... We could even stick to the plot a bit, like Klaus and Elijah meet, they see the bandits torture a girl and they rescue her? What do you guys think about that?

In case you didn't read.. Properly xD. I was saved by the black man lol

So basically my chara was already in his group, us we need Character number Four, because my chara is attached to him dearly xD.

I would like to join this RP, it's OK if you don't want me to.
If you got a free seat for me, do let me know; so I can introduce my Character quickly.

I would like to join this RP, it's OK if you don't want me to.
If you got a free seat for me, do let me know; so I can introduce my Character quickly.

Well, if you read carefully at the beginning of this thread, you can chose from the all ready set up charas or come in as Your own, a Loner ^^

We need people :3

So I don't think it would be a problem ~