Remember Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignis's eyes slowly cracked open. He pulled the blanket in tighter around him with a happy sigh. "Je vous remercie mon cheri....Jeeee t'aime." He muttered softly in his sleepy state. Snoring softly his head fell back onto the pillows of the couch for a solid ten minutes before letting out a little snort and raising his head again. His hair and absolute mess and fluffed out and curly like none other. "Hmmm...oh..uh. I'm sorry. Must have been sleepy." He turned his head to look in her direction. "Did your performance go well? Hopefully the ringmaster isn't too mad at you because of me."

Nanami looked at Ignis as he woke up. She was too tired to pay attention to anything else he was saying at the moment. Even though he said he loved her. "It went good." She nodded, looking back at him. "Do you want some tea? I was going to make some since it's after performance. I would make anything else but, I'm not a very good cook." She offered up. Nanami had chosen a large dark sweater that had once belonged to Ignis. She had worn it ever since. It had stopped smelling like him a few washes ago, but it still held memories.

"That's good and tea sounds lovely." His smiled widened as he forced himself to sit up. "If you want I can make something to go with that tea. I'm no professional but I have been going to culinary school for a reason." He slicked back the uncontrollable floof of hair as much as he could. "It could be the perfect thank you for letting me calm down in your trailer. It helped me out so much, I didn't even have to take my medication! Such a wonderful feeling."

Nanami smiled. "Be my guest. I doubt there is much to work with, but it should be enough. I really just eat instant food, or anything someone else makes for me. It's a lot easier than trying not to burn down the trailer." She chuckled. Nanami had to tuck her wings away, but they still pushed against the fabric of the sweater regardless. She hated tucking her wings away, but with a human inside her trailer, there was no choice. "No problem. I used to know someone who was just like that. He even had the same untamed mane of hair." She chuckled, looking down at her ring and fiddling with it.

"Haha, you would be surprised what I can make out of nothing. Don't mean to brag but I've been told I'm the best in my class." Ignis stretched out his back with a loud yawn and headed over to the small kitchen area. "I'll make the best thing I possibly can with whatever you have, a sweet woman like you deserves nothing but the best, no?" He dug through the fridge and pantry for whatever he could find....a loooot of instant noodles and random cans of vegetables and soup. Easy enough to work with.
Ignis set to work immediately. "Really? I bet that's quite the coincidence?" He chuckled along with her. Tossing chopped up pieces of vegetables and some pecans on to a frying pan along with several packets of ramen noodles and lots of vegetable oil. Admitedly he did show off some, tossing it higher in the air than necessary, dabbing on the spices with a little extra flare. He was certainly good at it at least, there was no denying that. "The performance of yours I got to see was incredibly beautiful Miss Nanami, I've never seen anything like it. It reminded me of....ah, I don't even know how to describe it! It felt like I was floating in the air and spinning around with you. The lights were so warm too, like rays of sunshine, and the smell of I think it was Lilac in the air? Mmmmm, definitely something I'm not going to forget soon."

Nanami nodded, leaving the kettle on the stove so she could sit on a big fluffy chair. It was big enough to fit two to be honest. Fiddling with her ring again, Nanami took a deep breath. "Well at the least I know it will be good." She said, smiling softly. There was something so natural about being in the same room with him, it had to have been Ignis. No one else would try and woo a woman like he was. Making food for her, calling her sweet names. Even his accent was familiar. She was so not subtly trying to trigger his memory it almost hurt her to think about. She just, wanted to hold him. And if that meant that she had to pretend she didn't know him, so be it.

When he went on to complement her performance, Nanami sighed. She remembered doing that in the field, out by their cottage. With her long braided white hair and lilac flowers. "Dancing in a field of flowers, I'm guessing? With a little cottage in the background, and me with long braided white hair?" She asked, her gaze off into the distance. Nanami looked up at the stove and walked over, taking off the water and putting in loose leaf tea.

"It will only be good if you think it is. If not, I don't mind making something else." His sweet smile only grew wider as he dumped everything into a nice bowl to stir it and top it off with the rest of the ingredients, while adding a bit of zest as some flair in the process.
However, the bowl came crashing down to the counter loudly. Luckily not breaking in the process but sure making a mess of the counter. As she described the scene it hit him again, the visions sparked in his eyes. Every little detail. She had described what he had seen perfectly, what he was seeing. "And....there...there's was a forest nearby with a stream in it just down the beaten path...you looked...look, so happy and...I." It felt like his head was being split open, like he was seeing something his mind and body could not comprehend. Tears began streaming down his face again. "I'll be right back cher. Sorry about the mess, food should still be fine though." He shouted quickly as he stumbled to the bathroom, the pain was so intense it made him throw up. But the image was more permanent now....yet felt so out of place among his other memories. It didn't feel like his memory, but.....he saw the reflection, his mind was being torn between what was real and what wasn't.

Nanami looked at Ignis as the bowl crashed to the counter, twitching a bit out of surprise. "Ignis?" She called out after him. He looked pale and sick. She could hear vomiting. Wincing, Nanami walked over to the bathroom and stood outside. Knocking gently, Nanami wrapped an arm around her waist. "Ignis, come out please. I have something that might help you." She said softly, looking down at her ring. She did not like the idea of having this conversation right this moment, but there was no choice. Making him get sick over it was not an option.

"Just a moment Nanami." the poor man gasped for air as he heaved into the bowl again. Once the sickness and pain let up enough he flushed it and splashed water in his face. Washing the taste out of his mouth as much as possible.
When he opened the bathroom door his face was far paler than before and there were dark circles under his eyes. Almost what he looked like in that vision. He had too look away before it made his head hurt again. "I'm so sorry." he gulped. "I don't know what hit me but...I..I don't feel good at all. I'll take anything you have that may help."

Nanami waited patiently outside the bathroom door, until Ignis came out. "Come, sit down." She said, grabbing his hand gently and guiding him to the couch. She tenderly smoothed back his hair and placed her hands on her lap. "Look, I know what kind of visions you're seeing. Vivid ones too, from the looks of it. And you are going to think I'm crazy but, we meet a long time ago. Around the 1900's I believe." She said gently. "I know it already sounds way too good to be true, but it is. Back then, you were just like you were now. A little worse for wear maybe, chronically drunk, and a smoker at that. And then you meet me. You did illusions here in the cirque. We fell in love, and through some crazy twist of events we went to live in the countryside of France. That's the place you saw in your vision." She said calmly, looking down. "I didn't want to tell you because you probably think I'm crazy, but I swear I'm not. And you see it too. The reason they are so vivid and so painful is you were once a demon, and when you died, the human side of you lived. And now here we are." she stated simply, waiting for his response.

Ignis had absolutely no idea how to respond, "That....uh....um...that seems awfully far fetched to me... Sorry." he looked at her so apologetically. She seemed so honest, but he just couldn't even begin to wrap his brain around it. "I've only gotten or at least only remember that one vision miss Nanami...and I want to believe you, but I don't even know if I really believe in demons or anything like that. I mean...i have seen things, but the doctors have said that's only a mild case of stress and schizophrenia..." he looked down at his lap. His expression was nothing but sincere, he had no clue what to believe. Especially not after tonight's episodes. "I don't know how I could be your deceased husband at all, I'm only twenty-four. Nowhere near born in the early 1900s as far as I know, never smoked, drank once and hated the taste." he chuckled. "You mentioned something about past lives earlier and even if that were the case, do I want to remeber if it makes me sick? I mean. If you want me to try I will for you, but what if nothing happens? You're so pretty and have to have come from the heavens and I'm....normal. Nothing more than a sad humdrum human."

Nanami sighed, her head sagging. He didn't believe her. Of course he wouldn't. He thought he was just a normal person. "But it's not in your head. There are supernatural things right in front of your eyes. In fact, that's what this place prides themselves on. It's a home for everyone, even those who don't naturally exist on this planet, or plane of existence." she said, looking at him. "I know it's you. You have the same smile, the same laugh, same lovely French accent, and untamed hair." She said, her hand lightly touching his. "I know it seems like I am crazy right now, but I'm not. And unless you want me to drop the bomb all at once, you are just going to have to trust me on this." She said. "If you do remember, and get sick, you can stay here. The cirque will welcome you with open arms. Then again if they try and fight me they won't have much choice." She added, rolling her neck. "I don't even care that you're human. I just, I just want you back." She said, her hands coming up to cup his. "Please Ignis."

"I...I'm sorry. I don't remember much at all and what I do...it feels like I'm torn between two realities and don't know which one I belong to. I don't know if what I see right in front of me,or if anything I've ever seen is real anymore.." tears began steaming down his cheeks again. "You're so sweet and beautiful. I'll try to see if I can do this for you. Even if it hurts like Hell. I do like this place and you...I'll try anything," he shifted uncomfortably. "But, If I'm not who you think I am or can't remember...then what?"

Nanami let her hand come up to his cheeks, wiping away the tears. "That's enough for today then. We will take it slow." She said gently, using her sweater to dry the tears. "If you can't remember, then I will just have to fall in love with the new you. And you are making it pretty easy." She chuckled, smiling gently at him. "Now then, do you still want that tea? And to continue making food or are you all done for the night?" She asked gently, getting up off the couch. Her wings moved again, pushing against her shirt as she poured the tea.

"Okay...." he sniffled. Closing his eyes to soak in the comfort of her touch. "I can't tell if it's old memories, my soul or maybe some kind of hypnotism but I feel like I've already fallen for you at first glance." he smiled happily, "I'll take that tea and finish the meal." He watched the back if the sweatshirt move curiously as he scooped the noodles back into the bowl. It's pretty much done anyway. I hope you like Asian Salad."

Nanami looked back at him and smiled, itching right between her wings. "I don't mind at all. I have tasted all kinds of food before. I doubt I'll hate it." She said, her wings moving again as she walked over to the coffee table with their cups. She was just happy to have him back. Walking over to the bookshelf, she flipped over an old picture of their family. Ignis, Nanami, Nai, Sebastian, and the two little monsters all there. What happy times they were. Fiddling with her ring again, she smiled, and walked back towards the couch.

"You weren't lying when you said you had little to work with though." he teased as he brought over a bowl for her. "Normally it's supposed to be cooled in the fridge but it should still be good." he plopped down in the spot closest to the chair she was in this time. His head still felt like somebody had jammed an icepick through it but at least the color had come back into his face.
"You'll have to introduce me to who or whatever is here. That way it's less of a shock to happen upon."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nanami looked at Ignis and she chuckled softly. "Yeah no. Ever since Iggy left its been noodles and rice." She mentioned, gesturing for him to sit down. She had her cup of tea already in her hand, and she smiled. "Well the easiest thing would be to start with me but it's a little, strange and sometimes terrifying if I do pull out my special hat tricks." She said. "But there was a snake charmer, who was a succubus. Then there is a spider lady. We had a mermaid at one point. It varies from time to time. We get attacked a lot so some people end up dropping off the radar."

"Doesn't sound like a very interesting diet." He chuckled though stuffed cheeks. After that little attack he was starving, of course he had a massive appetite to begin with but that was besides the point. "I don't think I'd mind seeing one of your hat tricks. I love such things, even though all I can do is make a card levitate and other little cheap tricks." He covered his mouth as noodles threatened to escape from a cheesy grin. "And...a succubus? What's that? I can sort of imagine a spider lady and definitely a mermaid, but I have no clue what the other one is."

Chuckling, Nanami shook her head. "Back in the day my husband almost left me for her. It was a rough time, but she was also like a guardian for us. She loved the ringleader, even though they both denied it." she laughed, looking at him. "Well technically I don't need the silks or bars to fly, but they wouldn't like me much if I did." she chuckled, her wings prodding at her shirt again. "Also if you don't know what she is, you don't want to know. They aren't the most well respected creatures." She mentioned, smiling at his grin.

Status
Not open for further replies.