Remember Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
(pfffft. Banana? XD)

"Thank you so much. You are too kind. Hopefully next time I'm strong enough to walk back myself, last thing I wish to be is a burden on you." He laid his head back on the pillows. It felt so strange lying in someone else's bed. "I can take the couch next time or even now if you like. I hate to leave you uncomfortable or having to move to accommodate my presence."

(Autocorrect)

Nanami smiled and she looked at him. "Don't worry about it. I can take the couch." She mumbled, tiring off the lights in the bedroom. Shuffling the blankets to the couch, Nanami cleaned up the tea and food before shutting off the rest of the lights and heading to bed.

"Bon soir Cheri~" He sang out sweetly as she left. After wiggling out of his vest, shirt and dress pants and dropping them beside the bed Ignis curled up under the sheets. Wrapping himself up in their warmth and sweet smell as he drifted off. His dreams were a wild mess that night, memories that were both recent ones and ones from his supposed past life. None the less, unlike his past self, he was able to sleep like a log.

Despite offering the couch, Nanami was not comfortable. Wrapped up in her soft wings, she wept for a part of the night, quietly of course. She didn't want to wake her guest. She had pulled Ignis' sweater up to her nose to breathe in the gain traces of him still left on it. When she did fall asleep, she didn't dream. She was a blank slate like she had been since he died.

When morning came Ignis was up bright and early. He had gone to the performer's dining area and grabbed a few ingredients for breakfast. Whistling a happy French tune as he flipped the fluffiest pancakes ever in the pan and prepared freshly sliced fruit to go with it and some hot coffee with cream. It filled the entire trailor up with such a warm, sweet smell.

By the time Nanami was getting out of her blank dreams the sweet smell of breakfast was filling the trailer. Hmming softly to herself, Nanami let her wings stretch upwards, the tips touching the roof as she flopped off the couch. "Morning." She mumbled, yawning and stretching her arms as well.

"Bon jour~" Ignis responded merrily. "I got up early so I could make you breakfast today. Hearing that you don't eat to well ever since your husband died worried me. A good meal is a big key to good health and enough energy to get through the day!" He looked back to give her a sugary sweet smile. "Not to mention it's the least I can do to pay you back for letting me stay here. I can cook every meal for you and tidy up the place as well to help you out."

Nanami walked over to Ignis, leaning against the counter as he cooked. "Well thanks, I guess." She mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "But you really don't have to do any of that. I'm fine, really. I mean, just fine." She said, before starting to crack her stiff back. She gave a grunt as she tried to crack it.

"You do really need to eat better though." He stuck his bottom lip out at her in a slight pout. Sliding her a cup of fresh brewed coffee. "I wasn't sure how you like your coffee so I didn't put a terrible amount of cream and sugar in it, I did add a bit of cinnamon though. Nothing like a little spice in the morning." He chuckled. Flipping the last of the pancakes onto the plate. "Dig in any time you like. I washed some plate and silverware to use and snatched some syrup from that big kitchen area."

Status
Not open for further replies.