Reid's, Chapter Three: Thicker Than Blood

Andre Hector

(shh, I didn't intend on making him a liar, justhappenedshhhh)

Heh. Patch up things with the grey lady. If only it were that simple, considering the warnings I had blatantly ignored for the last month or so. A part of me didn't want to have to accept the weight she gave me, refusing to believe that such horrendous things could happen at the mansion. However with the. development of the collectors and the mess that had to be cleaned up with it...It was stressful, to say the least, and perhaps I should find the courage to tell Scott about the lady that plagued my dreams. But there came the problem. Who in hell was going to believe that I saw ghosts in my dream informing me of future events? It was outlandish to say the least, and despite the evidence of my power....seeing people who weren't there was a stretch. Could Scott even come to believe what I had to say? And if he didn't? A couple of months ago and I wouldn't believe the bullshit that was happening around me, and there was still that sliver of me that refused to take reality in. Yeah. Alright. I could be classified as a dumbass and I'd be appreciative of that light sentencing. "Yeah, okay, I'll try and see if I can talk with her tonight. I don't know when or where she'll be present, but if I know anything about little miss Grey is that she'll show up eventually." Knowing that, it was easy to assume that she would come again tonight. At least, that's all I could hope for. I suck in a tight breath between my teeth. God, gotta go find a board of wood to go knock on for the next thirteen hours.

Jennifer Clemons

"Im...Im gonna try for it. Tonight. If I don't end up doing it, I want you to come check in on me and make sure I do it, okay? Kick my butt, if you have to." I could do this. I had to do this. There shouldn't have been anything holding me back, especially not for this. I had been gone for two years, why do I need to hold it off for any longer? Perhaps it was better that they thought I was dead, perhaps they had found their closure, but right now I just wanted my siblings in my arms. I wanted to cradle Evan in a koala hug and give him the noogie of his lifetime. Giving her an absent minded bob, I finally manage a light grin. "yeah, both of them are wicked funny. I know I've missed a lot of cinema in the last few years...I just hope that the Avengers movies are still as kick ass as I remember them. Heh. I don't know if I necessarily have the powers for it. I guess I may have the skill to take away what makes supers special, though. So maybe that would prove useful. Meh, but I don't think spandex would ever look good on me."

• According to Plan
Reactions: ❤Alex❤
Violet

(The character development lol)

I watched as he seemed nervous. Again I wondered what he did to make her so mad..
He said he was going to try and meet her tonight despite not knowing if she was even going to show up.
"Yeah at least trying is better then not doing anything." I say. I silently hoped that whenever he met her that she wouldn't be to harsh on him. I know he was told me a little about the things he saw but I sometimes wondered about what exactly was going on with him.
Of course there were things I wanted to hide as well so I didn't want to pry.
"So since you can see spirits now when you are awake....are you going to stay up to wait for her?" I asked him tilting my head. I wondered if he was just going to wonder around the place looking for her with all the other spirits he has told me wonder around here. I would offer to stay up with him but wasn't sure if that would mess up his plans as it seemed like the spirits only showed up when he was alone most of the time. There was also that book that was some kind of diary/letter, I wondered what the gray lady had to do with it. Was she the woman in the letters...also what did Scott know about the house? Although right now didn't seem like a good time to ask Scott as he seemed like he had enough on his plate already was running on fumes.

(hey lovely! Doing okay, been stressed the last week, but Im gonna try and be more active here)

(OK was just wondering...glad to hear you are doing good )(sorry to hear you are stressed)

• Thank You
Reactions: KatSea
(Hey alex! Doing okay, just been a little overwhelmed the last few weeks. will try and get this bad boy back up soon. How have you been?)

(Hey. I am glad you are doing good was worried. I know what you mean though with being overwhelmed. I am doing ok..can't wait for this to be back up tbh lol)

(Yeah! I'm sorry college has been even more wild at home. I'm gonna try and kick this back up over the weekend and see what I can do with it)

(Oh I understand ..yeah same. Yes I am excited for when this is active again)

Damon Valentine

I didn't think it was ever going to be possible for my body to go through a full system reset. My jaw slackened with each passing second, my expression barely passable for being a functioning person. She...she freaking kissed me? She...she kissed me? Did I imagine that? I thought she didn't want that from me, and that's why I almost broke our friendship when I kissed her back- Was that just a figment of my own imagination run wild? My whole body stiffens, and emotion riles in my throat. What the hell was i supposed to do? I...Red alarms blare in the back of my head, and I can't remember how to move my arms, my legs, I can't remember how to wiggle my fingers or manage a smile. I feel like Im back on ground zero, everything around me new, wonderful and horrifying. I turn back towards Rina, noting that she is hiding snuggly in her hoodie. The moment I see her glance back at me through her cozy shield, I gingerly take hold of her hood and lower it back over her shoulders. "You...you know you don't have to hide from me, right?" The words that escape me are far more scratchy than I had hoped for, and I prayed internally that the message could still get across to her. Gently, very tentatively, my fingers shaking with the force of a thousand tremors, I guide her face to look at me. My lips press a chaste kiss to the top of her head, hoping this was okay, hoping that i wasn't making another big mistake. Shakily, I cup her cheek in my hand and give her a reassuring smile. "Are...are you okay? I can...I can step away for a second if that's what you need I just don't want you to feel closed in or anything man, Im hot, are you hot? I think that might just be me but I swear if you need some space Ill do that pronto, immediately, zippity split-"

Jacqueline Winchester

Alexander did have a point I hadn't taken into consideration. What if they didn't want to see each other again? This ideal meeting was only a theory, if anything and could end up possibly bringing around more harm than good. We didn't know if leaving them alone with each other could uncover some memories they didn't want to recall. This shouldn't have even been my problem, certainly not Jack's, but I found myself digging myself a deeper and deeper grave with each moment I thought about the whole situation. This mystery that was on the verge of being wrapped up, but left a shit ton of damage in its wake. Alexander did have a point. This could be a massive mistake, but at least seeing if Ivan and Itzlie could reconnect was the closest solution we could experiment with.

Consider it this way too, Jackie, if we leave mister square jaw with his sister, we don't know what sort of memories that might uncover, either. It's a bandage that does need to be ripped off, for certain, but there's gonna be some ugly ass catharsis that might com with it. You know how it felt when we were brought back together after a short period of time...

yeah, that sucked ass, for sure.

...Besides the point, I lost you for what, a week? These two haven't seen each other in years, Jackie. That might unleash some emotional floods we haven't even taken into account. I would suggest slow and steady...particularly considering Ivan's already...introvert behavior. Bringing buried emotions to the surface is never a pretty thing.

Fair point...how would you suggest going about it then, genius?

Let them do it themselves. That way, at least, if everything implodes, you aren't in the crossfire.

I clench my teeth. I don't want to admit Jack was right but...there were certainly valid things he had brought up. I purse my lips in thought. "We need to be subtle about this. Maybe...maybe encourage Ivan to try and reach out. He seems like he is going to be the more difficult person to connect to, so it might make sense for him to want to reach out, that way Itzlie isn't handling something she physically can't."

Rina
I just hide in my hoodie. As I had peeked over to look at Damon, he gently lowers the hoodie back over her shoulder. I felt so embarrassed for what I did.
"You...you know you don't have to hide from me, right?" He said to me. I had been looking down but he gently grabbed my face to look up then kissed my forehead. His words made me feel better and I could tell by looking at him they were sincere. He then gave me a smile.
"Are...are you okay? I can...I can step away for a second if that's what you need I just don't want you to feel closed in or anything man, Im hot, are you hot? I think that might just be me but I swear if you need some space Ill do that pronto, immediately, zippity split-" He then said to me.
"No. It's fine you don't have to leave. Please stay." I say to him not knowing what else to say. So many thoughts ran in my head. It took me a while to process how I was feeling about all this. I gently grabbed his hands.
"If anything I should be the one leaving as I made this weird," I then said looking at him .I could feel my cheeks being very warm and could understand his joke. Anyways I would rather have him here.....

Alexander
I watched as Jacquline became quiet. It seemed like she was deep in thought.
Probably talking to Jack, I thought. I didn't feel hungry anymore after seeing Ivan. I felt so bad for him and still couldn't imagine what he has been through.
"We need to be subtle about this. Maybe...maybe encourage Ivan to try and reach out. He seems like he is going to be the more difficult person to connect to, so it might make sense for him to want to reach out, that way Itzlie isn't handling something she physically can't." She then said

"Hum actually I think that is a pretty good plan. Just encourage him to talk to him sister....it does seem like it would be better to encourage him to talk then the other way around. Although if we were to get into this we would need to be careful to not make him feel forced.."I then say.
"Although it might take awhile with his Ivan was avoiding her." I then stated thinking of Ivan's action. It does seem like it would be harder to get Ivan to open up then it would be for Itzlie.
If Itzlie was stressed she sure was covering it up well, I thought although it was also obvious that of course she would be stress with the situation.

These are peoples lives and it should be his choice anyways if he wanted to reunited with his sister. I wondered what happened between them. , I thought. It still surprised me how her family was apart of a group against those with power like us.

"We still need to check out that store's tape." I then said changing the topic, wondering if that will give us some answer. The guy who I had seem was still bothering me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sylvia Sullivan

Gratitude? The gravity manipulator was thankful...for that? For that major mess up? Confusion nipped at the back of my head, each person at the breakfast table radiating a mix of emotions. The blonde woman (who I have mentally tagged as Sarah, she looks like a Sarah), is on the verge of being uncomfortable, but nods in agreement with gravity(I'll call her Gravy). The blonde man (who, yes, I will be referring to as Neon Foureyes), seems to have lost his suspicious atmosphere, but I can sense a tentativeness. Sarah lightened considerably at my expression, however, and the sympathy that rolled off her was an overwhelming force, noxious and thick as it slammed against my face. God, I didn't think it was possible to concentrate vanilla so intensely in one tiny body. My shoulders did slump, supposing that they could read my expression as easily as I could read theirs. Either my power is useless and everyone here has it, or I'm not good at facial cues. Either way, Darwinism is gonna nip me in the ass for it, I just know it. If it wasn't for Kendra I'd be eaten alive.

"Ship...Penmi?" I question, brow raised. What the hell was a Penmi? Why did Gravy command it's naval forces? I store this away as slang to research later, hoping I can adapt to the hoo-mans (yes, I am very aware of that social joke, as ridiculously stupid as it is). Regardless, the social paradigm that swept across the last decade has been fascinating. Humor has always been idiotic, I suppose, but it was similar to decoding an entirely new language. "Well...her aggression did seem to be building, particularly with that subject matter...which is a sign of possible repression...perhaps denial in a sense. I do not know, sexual attraction is particularly intense and hard to navigate when a proper mating ritual is not set in place...I imagine it is even more difficult when mating is not a factor...but attempting to show prowess and attractiveness is..."

"...Yo, mini Einstein, it's not like Demi and Pen are little mice in a lab." Neon Foureyes retorts, although there is no venom to his words, and he sports a major grin. "They just got crushes on each other which they haven't come to terms with yet."

"...That is what I just said."

"Do you carry a thesaurus around with you, little Einstein?"

"I am impressed you do not think that is a reptile...." I mumble under my breath. Before the banter can continue, Kendra slings an arm around my shoulder, warmth stemming from the touch. "Aggression could suggest further repression, particularly that with physical contact, so yes, I agree, she needs some sexual release..." ...Neon Foureyes and Sarah are suddenly uncomfortable. I do not even have to look to sense this. It doesn't take long for me to become distracted from the dilemma as Kendra's hand comes to ruffle my hair, and a pleased smile overtakes my features. "With the hormones that both of them seemed to be presenting...I suggest that we may get an outcome later today."

Andre Hector

"I guess..." To be honest, this whole spirit thing was still freaking me out. Yeah, I had adjusted to the fact a woman in grey loomed over my shoulders at every waking moment, but there was still a coldness to it all. A coldness this goddamn mansion brought and I couldn't quite shake. I couldn't tell if it was the foreboding that made me feel unsafe, or if it was the house itself. Naturally I should have taken the woman's advice in the first place, as she did sense the intruders and had correctly predicted their destruction...but still, there was a distrust and a disbelief. I was the only one who could see them, and even if the conversation I had with my mother did confirm my worst suspicions, that she did have a similar power set...I suppose I was still in the shock period. I didn't dare to tell Violet that, though. If she believed I was telling the truth, then the likely hood of me actually being fuckin' crazy had to have been low. I guess regardless, I still fucked up my chances with the grey lady, and there was some repairs i needed to make. The problem was, she was only seen when she wanted to be seen, as with this morning. I was someone else, same spirit, different body, and she swayed me as if I was a familiar and welcoming face. I suppose I could do as Violet suggested and simply look around the mansion until I find her, but I have a sinking suspicion that's not gonna work. I need to reach out to her in her own time...and if it really is something that's concerning, I have a feeling she's not gonna hold out. No, she loves this house more than she hates me. That much I know for certain.

"I think...I think the best thing right now would be to wait and see if she reaches out to me." I finally confess, giving her a shrug. "She's not gonna be spiteful with me forever. If there's an issue, I'm her only conduit to the house. She's bound to come back to me, sooner or later..." Here's hoping. And here's hoping the dream I had this morning means nothing...other than that she enjoys fucking with me. I do store the memory of the dream away for further analysis. Later. Just...focus on that weird shit later.

Violet
I had tried to be supportive and helpful to helpful. He still seemed unsure. It seemed like he came to the conclusion that it would be best to wait for the grey lady to show herself then looking around for her. I guess I would have to trust Andre with him since he was the one who seemed to know about her.
I guess that's all we can do, I think as I couldn't think of anything else to do. I did wonder what else the grey woman could want with Andre. I hoped it wasn't some message about another attack. Although, I thought it was unlikely. I did wonder how she would have known.
"You still seem apprehensive still about this...are you ok?" I say to him noticing his body language. I wanted to be there for him even thought there wasn't much else I could do for him.

(Hey man! sorry for not being so active. Im surviving, how are you doing??)

(Oh it's fine I understand. I am doing good alright)(just got out of the semester)

(Oh thats good to hear! How was school for you overall?)

(Oh my gosh. School was so hard with everything going on..what about you?)