Reid's, Chapter Three: Thicker Than Blood

Jack

"Pray you have Jacqueline answering the phone, because she's gonna be your impulse control. I am going to just happily jump into the fray." I lazily wave my hand in a dismissive manner, the topic of Jennifer's abduction once again resurfacing. I never realized I could grow so sick to a stranger's situation. How could someone's loved one do such a thing? Even if I am wrong, then how was she taken? It did not make sense that her future husband appeared to report her as a cheating vixen who ran off with some sort of majestic lover, and then marry another woman a short time later? It had only been two years since she vanished, hadn't it? I doubt anyone would have gotten over their soon to be wife in the course of two years, but then again...

I don't know their relationship. I can only guess that they were teenagers when they came to an agreement. Teenagers make stupid decisions. Perhaps Jennifer ran away from it? But that would be foolish, she had the military to lean back upon, did she not? Why not take eighteen months overseas, as far away from the problem as possible? From what I have seen, Jennifer does not seem to be afraid of much, and I truly doubt that she would have run away from something like combat. But...perhaps she was afraid of it. Perhaps she did not want to see combat. But that didn't make sense either, why not offer contact to her family to inform them as to where she went? She wouldn't have just run off, only to be nabbed later. She would have told someone where she was going.

She would have. And that's what begins to trouble me. "A cruel, monstrous one." I reply softly, my fingers drumming against the table. Why was I so sympathetic with this woman? Why did her situation fester my soul to such great distress?

"I want to gain her friendship. Truly I do, but I also wish to know if she has any recollection as to what happened." My eyes grow tired. "That might help with future prevention."

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

[IMG alt="KatSea"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/m/26/26265.jpg?1507473171[/IMG]
KatSea
Group owner

Sep 6, 2018
Sep 6, 2018#19

Carrie Kimberly

"For...forgive me Sammy..." I whisper, voice broken and trembling as he frantically begins to look for something to recede the bleeding. I grab his hands and squeeze tightly before he can get too far, dull throbs continuing to explode across my features. It could never hurt as much as knowing that I hurt Samuel. I would rather go through another five weeks of torture than to know that I have inflicted harm upon the man that I love. Stealing his wound was the least I could do for my actions.

"I...I have so much I have not told you because I was afraid you would look at me differently. I...I had...p-powers....and...lost them, because of the torture." My tongue feels as if it has transformed into cotton, seeping into my throat and attempting to suffocate me. I swallow it down, tears streaking down my face, yet controlled and rhythmic as I only allow it to escape me when I feel it is appropriate. I do not know how long this control will last as my eyes continue to burn, hell laced behind my irises. "I...I deserved it Sammy...I shouldn't have done what I did that lead up to..." I stop myself, burying my figure into his shirt. I hate feeling vulnerable before him, it makes him realize I am not the woman I had built myself up to be for the last seven years. In control, confident, strong. It's crumbling before me and there is nothing I can do besides curl into his figure and pray that this morning was simply a nightmare.

He presses a comforting kiss to my head, one I know I do not deserve, and I cannot help as I practically melt into his form, my fingers clutching at the fabric of his shirt as I attempt to grab onto at least a sliver of control. "Sammy...oh...oh God..." A weak chuckle escapes me as he slowly places his hands upon my face, lifting it to meet his eyes. I am desperate to advert my red, glazed over gaze, but I find myself lost in the comfort of the color of his eyes. A hiccup bubbles in my throat and for a moment it becomes hard to breathe again.

"Cleaned up...good...good idea...there...there should be wash clothes in the...kitchenette...Maybe...maybe some tea?" I ask of him softly, beginning to calm myself as the tears dry. I hold my hands out before me, keeping my visage as vacant as I can. It hurts to be awake now, and I know if I dream I will only dream of the monster who has haunted me for seven years.

"And...the kids...oh God..." I run my hands down my face roughly as I begin to wipe away evidence of my sorrow. "Sammy there are so many things I want to tell you about this...I just fear you will hate me for all of this...and...I need to...to get up to go check on..."

The kids. Kids similar to those who I attempted to test. A lump grows in my throat and I desperately wish to hide within the comforts of the blankets beside me.

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

[IMG alt="❤Alex❤"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/m/26/26389.jpg?1509066948[/IMG]
❤Alex❤
Group moderator

Sep 7, 2018
Sep 7, 2018#20

Tegan
I could see her face look surprised at what I said but I meant it.
"I-im your best friend?" She says and I nod
"Of course you are.. Who else am I suppose to get in trouble at the mall with?" I then say that a small smile. She was my first friend I had made here. She then quickly seems to catch herself and takes a french toast. I sighed not understanding as she seemed to quickly put her guard back up...at least this was something though. I looked down at her leg as I peeked inside and tilted my head.
"Is your leg tied up?" I comment with a frown.
"Tegan, I...I don't deserve to be your best friend. You know that, right? I'm just..." She says "I'm sick, Tegan. Really...really mentally sick. I don't want to put your through this conundrum."
"What..." I say and blinked," What do you mean?"
I still didn't understand what was going on.
"A-anyways why would I leave my friend when they are sick.." I then say to her.

Sakamoto
"I am sure he feels something." She says. Scott then comes out probobly told to by Itzlie and Jennifer...it didn't seem like he had wanted to stop as he hesitantly walked away. Eventhough he seemed very tired. Winnie moved closer to me and I could feel she felt nervous for some reason.
"You ok..?" I asked gently while grabbing her hand (the one that she wasn't using to make energy). She had been like this for a while seeming very nervous after the attack. I understood where she was coming from though.
"I don't think that man will stop for anything Saka." She then says and I nod.
"Yeah it does seem like that." I then say with a sigh, although it did seem obvious why Scott is doing this. He feels bad and also in a way still worried something will go wrong. She then seems to take my compliment and stops seeming nervous. She tells me how is feeling better about her powers. I watch her and it really was an improvement from when I first meet her.
"Seems like you have gotten a hang of your powers. It really is amazing." I say complimenting her with a smile.

(repost just in case)
Tegan
I could see her face look surprised at what I said but I meant it.
"I-im your best friend?" She says and I nod
"Of course you are.. Who else am I suppose to get in trouble at the mall with?" I then say that a small smile. She was my first friend I had made here. She then quickly seems to catch herself and takes a french toast. I sighed not understanding as she seemed to quickly put her guard back up...at least this was something though. I looked down at her leg as I peeked inside and tilted my head.
"Is your leg tied up?" I comment with a frown.
"Tegan, I...I don't deserve to be your best friend. You know that, right? I'm just..." She says "I'm sick, Tegan. Really...really mentally sick. I don't want to put your through this conundrum."
"What..." I say and blinked," What do you mean?"
I still didn't understand what was going on.
"A-anyways why would I leave my friend when they are sick.." I then say to her.

Sakamoto
"I am sure he feels something." She says. Scott then comes out probobly told to by Itzlie and Jennifer...it didn't seem like he had wanted to stop as he hesitantly walked away. Eventhough he seemed very tired. Winnie moved closer to me and I could feel she felt nervous for some reason.
"You ok..?" I asked gently while grabbing her hand (the one that she wasn't using to make energy). She had been like this for a while seeming very nervous after the attack. I understood where she was coming from though.
"I don't think that man will stop for anything Saka." She then says and I nod.
"Yeah it does seem like that." I then say with a sigh, although it did seem obvious why Scott is doing this. He feels bad and also in a way still worried something will go wrong. She then seems to take my compliment and stops seeming nervous. She tells me how is feeling better about her powers. I watch her and it really was an improvement from when I first meet her.
"Seems like you have gotten a hang of your powers. It really is amazing." I say complimenting her with a smile.

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

[IMG alt="KatSea"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/m/26/26265.jpg?1507473171[/IMG]
KatSea
Group owner

Sep 10, 2018
Sep 10, 2018#5

(I feel like I gotta draw violet now XD. Will try to post some tomorrow)

Like Reply
Edit Delete

[IMG alt="❤Alex❤"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/m/26/26389.jpg?1509066948[/IMG]
❤Alex❤
Group moderator

Sep 11, 2018
Sep 11, 2018#6

(lol really I would love to see the draw you do of her)
Rina
He says he has all day and I laughed
"Maybe I'll tell you....not right though." I say smiling back. I was beginning to warm up to him. I wondered if this is what it would be like to have a big brother. I notice how be seems to be walking carefully....must be all the muffins he has.
He then asked how I knew Damon.
"He's..um..a friend" I say looking down,"he's my best friend"
He knocked on the door and I hear Damon moving around as he makes his to the door.
"Hi." I say and smiled back as he greeted me, "I brought breakfast."
Damon then looked over at Andre. Eventhought I had felt nervous about seeing Damon I had missed him and didn't feel nervous anymore for some reason.
"Whose tall guy over here?" He says suspiciously. Andre says he is not an assistant. I not to let Damon know that Andre is fine...eventhought i had thought of Andre as annoying in the beginning. I let them introduce themselves.
"I think I should let you two eat in peace. I do have a delivery to make."Andre says although he seems hesitant. I wonder if he was talking about seeing that girl he liked....
"Is that why you got all those muffins?" I asked Andre," Ok. Thanks for helping me."

Alexander
I shake my head with a slight chuckle
"Alright then" I say with a grin," I will keep that in mind. Although I do thank both of you are cool…you're right. She is more cacious."
"Can she hear us talking about her right now?" I then say looked over at him curious. He then gets quiet and I can tell he is probably thinking about what happened with Jennifer after my comments. There was not way to be sure what happened, but it seemed like that horrible thought make the most sense.
"A cruel monstrous one." He says, and I nod agreeing with him
"Yes..there really isn't anything we can do though. Not sure if she would be willing to talk." I say thinking. It also wasn't like we could ask her ex if he did what we think he did. I am tempted to break the rules again and see if I can heck into the guys bank account if there was a money exchange there had to be some kind of lead…right?
"We could try and ask." I then say looking over. It did seem like she was friendly with Itzlie.
"I guess we could also ask the others, but they haven't seemed to come out as much." I then comment. I was still amazed at how fast Jennifer had been able to get herself back together. His last sentence seems like he is worried, and I don't blame him.

Ivan
(I want Ivan to catch Jack talking about him then appear just to mess with him lol)
After a while it seems quiet it seems like everybody has left downstairs. I could smell the food…at least I think I do. I am starving and head downstairs to get some food. I don't want to run into anybody, so I use my power. It scares me how easily I am able to be so quiet and how natural sneaking around seemed to be. My stomach turned at the idea as I still didn't know how to handle this.
I just wanted some food and to come back to my room. Not get any attention.

Like Reply
Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Sep 14, 2018
Sep 14, 2018#7

Helen Everest

I giggle audibly as Demi reacts to my soft poke in her side. "Oh I only do it because I love ~" I tease, reaching over to press a chaste, quick kiss to her cheek. I dramatically exclaim "muah!" and pull away, grinning innocently as mischief begins to build like plaque in the corner of my lips. It was adorable to see either of these two flustered.

It was even cuter when they flustered each other But no matter with that. I would not force myself to play matchmaker. I know playing cupid was something ridiculous, and could get one hurt. It was better to let nature play its course and allow them to find it on their own. Any force or push would be a disaster. If there was anything I had learned from Cyrus and Nellie, their love was a natural pace. They found affection towards each other by their own choice and speed.

Now I just needed to only interfere by praying.

And be careful not to intrude while they we attempting to be affection. Like this morning. I need to be more cautious about this little piece. Perhaps...perhaps the library would be a better place of comfort. I did not wish for these two to worry or direct their attention away from each other. As much as I knew they loved me, I knew sometimes people need their distance. Or a chance to blossom with others.

"Demi Demi...we both know I will win that cuddling contest." But then again you deserve cuddles with Penny. "Or...I could always let you win." I offer her a suggestive and teasing grin, recalling that we were, indeed, missing two.

Nellie and Cyrus were probably tangled up and did not know how to get out of their own trap. I was very aware that both of their hugs were nearly impossible to want to leave. Imagine doubling that impossibility. Those poor two creatures would never escape.

Before I am aware of it, we make it to Cyrus's room, or by now, I could correctly say 'their' room.

"Don't make us get up." I hear Cyrus's muffled groan from inside, assumably from cuddling Nellie. "Please...we will eat later. I...Im so dang cozy..."

"But you can cuddle after breakfast!"

"...Baby she has a point."

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Sep 14, 2018
Sep 14, 2018#8

Andre Hector

(I like the look a lot on the PC. Also, I will say, my butt is being kicked this year. Im two weeks in and already ready to crash.)

"Best friend?" I nod, brow furrowing. Would I consider Violet my best friend? I suppose so, even though we were currently attempting to try the romantic aspects of a relationship, I found that above all else, she was my first true friend in a very long time. Perhaps that is why I care so much for her and wish to provide her with affection. I would make the assumption this was the best away to approach romance. But, then again. This is also my first time. I just need to be cautious and do as I always do. Provide my little flower with whatever makes her smile.

"Oh. Food..." Damon drawls as the door is opened, his eyes bestowing themselves upon Rina as she offers him breakfast. He...he looks frail. He looks too small to be fifteen or so, his hair rugged and mopped in his visage. He grins, crooked teeth evident. "Sweet! Thanks Ri. Oh, uh, mister, you sure you don't wanna eat with us first?" His head tilted, eyes peering to me. He seemed hesitant of me at first, but I think something inside him was stirring. It felt...almost natural for him to present this politeness. I wonder why he was hesitant at first, was it perhaps I was a stranger? That made the most sense for right now.

"No. But thank you though, Damon. Truly, I appreciate the offer. But my little flower does need me." I stare down at the muffins in my jacket. "Besides, I do not need someone to come by and sneak off these little guys off my person. The quicker I get it to her, the better I will be off. But it was a pleasure to meet you Damon. Rina, feel free to have lunch with my flower and I at some point. Damon, feel free to join." The boy inspected me, nodding.

"Thank you mister." He seemed almost relieved as he ushered Rina inside to their room. I sigh.

"Alright Vi Im coming." I announce, mostly to myself as I march to her bedroom door and gently knock my knuckles against it. "Flower? I brought you some breakfast."

Quinn Kimberly

I bit the inside of my cheek to hold back a weak chuckle. Yeah...I can't lie about that, getting into trouble with her at the mall was fun. A total riot, to be honest. The arcade, that time we totally gave that one douchebag a taste of medicine, all while enjoying some free food...It was great. I had even hugged her, which is a serious step outside of my comfort zone. I'm not touchy. I'm not someone who spins people around while cheering and just...being myself? I guess?

But, then again, I'm just an imaginary person...What even does "myself" mean for me? Do I deserve to have a "self"? Can think in the first-person? To use words like "I", "my", and "me"?

...My head hurt. Now wasn't the time to get caught up in a downward spiral. I mean, I'm just postponing the inevitable, but I'll take any sort of reprieve right now that won't risk another's safety. At Tegan's voice, I tune back into reality with climbing disbelief. "Seriously? You really...that's...That's awesome to hear. Seriously, so awesome. And great. To really be your...b-best friend...it means a lot to me." Exhaustion was already staining my bones yellow, hating my next words. "But even then, I can't be selfish. I shouldn't have...sh-shouldn't have gotten close to you. Shouldn't have gotten attached. All I'm doing is putting you at risk, Tegan."

My hand unconsciously went to cover up my ankle when Tegan saw it. Shit. Of-freaking-course she would notice that! What, did I think she wouldn't? It's not like I'm doing a good job hiding it, but still...I don't want her to view me as anymore of a freak than I am...Even then...Crap, I'm not making any sense. Am I losing my mind already? My eyes stray away from Tegan's, the shame within me burning like an acid bath. "Yeah, uh...I tied myself up, Tegan. Th-that's what I'm trying to tell you. I..." My nails dug into my scalp; I can't tell if I'm trying to fight off the frustration or just feeding into it. Chirst...why do I have to be so fucked up? "I-I have something called DID...uh...b-basically multiple personalities. The other one I have, she's such a..."

I grit my teeth. Quinny, don't you freaking chicken out now! You've said too much to leave her in the dark like this! Make her understand why you're pushing her away like the waste of space you are... "She's trouble, Tegan. She's tricky. Evil. And hell bent on rupturing the iota of serenity I fought so desperately to establish. She could escape at any moment. Lash out...h-hurt you, make me go away for a long time..."

I heaved a long sigh and hid my face within my hands. "That's why, Tegan...that's why you need to just leave and...f-forget about me. Okay? I'm...I'm doing this for you. Please."

Edit Delete

[IMG alt="Mobley Eats"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/m/26/26220.jpg?1558891506[/IMG]
Mobley Eats
Group moderator

Sep 14, 2018
Sep 14, 2018#10

Samuel Banks

"It's okay Care Bear...I-I swear everything's okay. It's going to be okay." My voice lilts and lulls with the caution of a butterfly's wing resting in the center of one's palm. My baby girl is hurting, suffering so much pain and yet I am useless in the face of it...I can't seem to heal her. No. No, Samuel, do not think that way! Love her. Continue to love and cherish her until you draw your last breath. No, even beyond that. Beyond my grave and through every hour of my listless afterlife. It's a vow that I swear my entire being to keep, so help me God. I cannot help but gaze upon Carrie with a somewhat perplexed expression.

"You...had powers? I've never known a situation in which one could lose them..e-especially due to..." I can't bring myself to utter the word again. Torture. Inflicting pain over and over again, while forcing your victim to remain conscious throughout the grueling ordeal. Only the most corrupt and hollow of souls could enact such a thing and bask in the silence of sleep afterwards. How can one do it? I've...I've done it. Tortured poor, poor sweet Jennifer. And look at me now. My every waking moment is filled with paranoia, remorse, and love for the woman before me. She is my one and only peace. Without her by my side, I would've perished by the hands of my own conscious weeks ago. How can someone...t-to my love...

I feel ill.

From this moment forward, not a single work, not a single syllable, not a single look nor act can deter me from my unshakable devotion to my Care Bear. She claims she deserved the torture. The pain. The agonized nightmares. No...Never. Ever. Not a soul so God sent and perfectly matched to my own like a divine puzzle piece. Not my Carrie. "I don't care, Carrie. I d-don't care," I whispered brokenly as emotion set my skin ablaze. "I-I'm sorry I sound so illogical and...selfish. You can tell me w-whatever you want. Unveil all that you've done. B-but I swear it. It'll never sway from your side...do you understand me?" I pressed a tender, lingering kiss to her temple. Once I pulled away, my hand comes to rest on her cheek.

"...Come on. The infirmary isn't far from here. A-afterwards, we'll see where we go from there, okay? Just know that I'll always be there for you, baby girl." Gently, I guide her to her feet. We make short order of changing into our day attire, though the air is suffocating and morose...This hurts. It hurts me so deeply. I just want my love to be happy and feel loved...and realize that she deserves it and much more. Once we're ready, we head downstairs into the infirmary, where I immediately retract a First Aid Kit and place it on one of the beds. "Have a seat, baby girl," I say gently. "It'll just be a moment."

As I scour the cabinets, I momentarily freeze as something catches in my peripherals...red. A small splattering of blood staining my sleeve. It stands out grossly against the bone white fabric, as if my clothes was merely flesh compressed into a flimsy sheet. Oh god...o-oh god. Breathe, Samuel. Breathe. It's all in your mind...all in your mind...all in your mind...

And it vanishes. In the blink of an eye. My sanity still lives. Swallowing back my momentary fright, I return with a tender smile and start clicking open the First Aid Kit, extracting gauze and wipes. "This is going to sting, love."

Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Sep 14, 2018
Sep 14, 2018#11

Sylvia Sullivan

"Oh, glad to hear that you got some good practice in." I smile pleasantly at her, one eye twitching at it attempted to cleanse itself of the food I had accidentally caught in my eye. It was not a big issue, I had done foolish things like this before. "I should probably practice on the punching bag too, I want to learn how to defend myself. I refuse to ever be taken or abused again." I claim firmly, still nibbling slightly at the bagel. I forgot how good proper nourishment was to my stomach. Sometimes stale crackers worked for most nights, but at the same time...Bagels tasted so much nicer. Especially when Scott makes them. I had only been here for a proper week, but I knew instantly that Scott was someone to go to food for. He was a dedicated worker, even when it came to breakfast.

"I think there will still be some left over. Scott made a good amount." She kneels before me, her hands pressed along my cheeks. "Kendra what..." Before I have time to properly inquire her actions, she blows at my eyes, causing them to water as I do not have time to react. I grimace as a single tear streaks down my face, presumably carrying away the remaining crumb away from my eye. I blink a few times until it feels normal once again, and I find myself locking eyes with my sister.

"Hey...you didn't need to stress too much about that. I am fine, Ken. I am." I smile at her, genuine. I may not always have the greatest of days, even at this mansion, but for the first time in a while, I feel truly content. I was always content with my sister by my side, but now I could feel sheltered. "So, do you want to go grab food or are you going to continue fussing over me." I place my hands gently over hers and grin. "I swear Kendra, you act like a true mother sometimes. I will admit, it is rather endearing. and I appreciate heavily. But at the same time, you shouldn't worry for the little things like that."

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

[IMG alt="Mobley Eats"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/m/26/26220.jpg?1558891506[/IMG]
Mobley Eats
Group moderator

Sep 14, 2018
Sep 14, 2018#12

Penelope Hollows

"I mean...I guess she's got a point..." I can hear the pout in Nellie's voice. Even through the door. She's so dang funny and precious sometimes, especially when she's with Cy...s-so basically all the time. Those two I swear; I don't care if it's the years of huddling up in the library and reading stacks upon stacks of romance novels, but they almost seem...fated to be together. As if they were created and put through all of the trials and tribulations they've endured just to meet...D-does that sound weird? It does. I know. I'm...I admit that I get caught up in the grandness and illogical aspects of literary romance sometimes. Well, a lot of times. I suppose that's one of my biggest flaws. My ultimate downfall. I expect to experience a love as deep and ethereal and all-encompassing as the ones I read about...knowing deep down that it's not reality.

I need to grow up. I know I do...but it's hard to let go. Those stories are what kept me afloat as a kid. What reminded that the world is still beautiful and good, you just need to power through the obstacles first. To grow from that pain and frustration, and find a love at your best. At your most resolute and self-discovered. It's a comforting thought and one I lashed onto like a lifeline back then...maybe I should let go? I'll still read, but perhaps I should stop relying on stuff like Zemnian Hours to solve my problems for me...

...Actually...maybe it can help me--

"Hell yeah she does!" Demi yells through the door. She's still as red and flustered as ever. So freaking cute. "So bring yer butts out here and be all nasty mushy lovey later!"

In an instant, the door swung open to reveal Nellie with the most impressive bed hair I've ever laid eyes on...wow. I honestly never thought she had enough hair to pull off something like that. Leave it up to her to defy the odds in something so silly. A wide and content smile was slapped across her rosy visage as she waved at us. "Hey guys~. Sorry for the wait, but when you gotta reboot from the most magnificent cuddle sesh and make your motor cortex function properly while riding on cloud nine, it get's complicated real quick--"

"Don't make me vomit this damn early in the morning," Demi grumbles.

Nellie nods in compliance. "Fair enough. None of us wanna see that shiz right before breakfast." She then turned around to motion Cy over, a certain pinkness infecting her cheeks. "Babe! Come break fast stuff with me and the Nerd Brigade!"

Jeeeez, stop being so achingly cute all the time, Nellie! She's so deeply infatuated with him. The way she beams and stares at him in adoration is more than enough evidence that she's head over heels for him. Thank goodness...I don't mean to sound rude, b-but I'm so relieved they finally got together. Their feelings for one another were so painfully obvious from miles away, so watching them dancing about the elephant in the room was...interesting. I-I guess. Either way, I'm immensely happy for them.

As expected, Demi gags at their behavior while turning away from them, shoving her hands into her pockets. Throwing a thumb over her shoulder at the couple, she stares at us in disbelief. "Seriously. How the fuck do you guys stand seeing that all day? Are you two actually blind with super fucking efficient sense like Daredevil or something?"

"I-I wish," I giggle lightly. "It'd be cool t-to have Daredevil's powers...th-though it's sad he's b-blind." Suddenly, a devilish smile graces Demi's features and something about the look simultaneously sends my stomach fluttering and warms my cheeks. I fidget uncertainly. "W-what?"

"You're a total Marvel nerd. Fucking knew it, Pen Drop." Her smile widened with absolute triumph. Her eyes also twinkles with something, but I can't quite decipher it through the embarrassment. I huff softly and cross my arms.

"So what? Marvel and DC is cool."

"Never said it was bad thing." Demi shrugged. "You're the real loser if you don't know the fan-fucking-tasticity of it. They're missing out." Okay...I'm pretty sure she both violated and made up that word. But still...I wasn't expecting the roundabout compliment. Honestly, I can never tell when they're coming; she's so abrupt and random with them. I flash a timid smile in return, one hand reaching up to fiddle with my beanie.

"R-right...Oh, hey." Demi arches an eyebrow and hums her acknowledgment, urging me to go on. "I've been meaning to ask if you want to read something for me? It's...Well, it's my favorite book and I figured maybe you'd like it too? I-I don't know. Maybe not. It's okay if you don't. A-actually, just forget I brought that up--"

"Sure, why the fuck not?" Demi shrugs again, amusement painting her features.

I blink.

"...O-oh. Okay. Good. Um...I'll get it to you later, okay?"

Demi lazily saluted, her eyes never leaving me. "Aye aye, Twiglet. Don't expect me to be some superhuman speed reader like you though." I bite my lip to hold in a giggle. Oh god; I really hope I'm not too red right now. At this rate, the others will get suspicious and start pinning me with weird looks...l-like the one Nellie's sending me right now...c-crap.

"N-no worries about that, Cookie. Take your time. It's a really good read so...I'd want you to savor it."

Edit Delete

❤Alex❤
Group moderator

Sep 14, 2018
Sep 14, 2018#13

(Oh wow good luck keep going katsea)
Rina
When I told Andre that Damon was my best friend he seemed to get quiet thinking. I wondered what he was thinking.
"Sweet! Thanks Ri." He says.
"Welcome." I say with a smile. Damon then seemed hesitant but polite..I didn't blame him though as I was very hesitant of trusting Andre as well. I was very surprised at how polite Damon was. He seemed very happy. He offers Andre an invite to come in but he rejects the invite seeming to need to visit his girlfriend.
"Alright,I will thanks" I say to Andre as he invited us to eat with him," See you later and good luck on your mission."
I was going inside with Damon to eat although I noticed that Damon was relieved that Andre left seeming to still be wary of him. I was grateful for Andre for the help.
"Hey so how have you been doing?" I then Damon with a smile. I take a bite of an apple I had grabbed from the breakfast fruit basket. I wondered how he was adjusting to being here and though about telling him what Andre told me about that girl Tegan that could help him.

Violet
I was reading still trying to learn brail then hears the door knocking taking me away from reading the book.
"Flower? I brought you some breakfast." I hear Andre says and smile going over to open the door. It was very sweet of him to come to give me breakfast. I had completely forgotten about breakfast with trying to read this book. Although I hadn't really found anything
"Hey how are you." I say with a smile happy to see him. I was still getting use to the whole dating thing but overall, I enjoyed it and though he was sweet. He had become more affectionate bit seemed to get quieter for some reason.

Winnifred

"Hmm?" He questions me to see if I am okay. I nod as he takes a hold upon my free hand, energy sparking pleasantly against my fingertips until I slow my movements, the energy dimming until it is smothered from existence. "I am just worried for Scott. That's all. Nothing else dear." I smile sweetly at him as my free hand goes to mess with the bows holding my pigtails together, gently biting my lower lip as I graciously take in his compliment. I suppose he was right. I truly did improve. Which was wonderful, I am truly grateful that I have gotten to the point of control where I don't cause everything in my vicinity to explode, but who knows? Maybe that'll change again sometime in the near future. I have been ever so careful with the new violin bow that Saka had given me, and I barely use it for practice unless my hands blister with heat from the energy. It was truly impossible to describe in full what that energy did to me, but it was...I suppose it was filled with heat. Like a hearth. Yet, there was something healing about it. Yet, even as I held it in my hand, it would burn. Perhaps my own skin isn't used to the energy I can produce. That must say something about my ability. My body isn't prepared for the big piece of it. It can produce it, sure, but it cannot handle it. That...disturbs me

"Oh...thank you dear." I smile at him sweetly and produce another small spark with a wave of my hand, moving my fingers to keep the light blue energy popping against my fingertips.

Jack

(And thus chiseled jaw scares Jack too XD)

"I don't think she can hear us." I claim tiredly, smiling as he claims we both seem alright. I shake my head and consider anyway we could actually prove my theory. It seemed simple enough, either ask Jennifer, or find the man's name again and go question him. Alexander had fire on his side, I am sure the truth wouldn't be too hard to get. I had confidence in my steaming friend(insert unhappy Jacqueline here). "I don't think we will be able to ask. I don't. She seems...fixed up, but at the same time I am imagining she is fragile. If we can find that news article again we can track down her ex. That actually doesn't sound too difficult, the problem is whether or not he is currently in the state. I don't exactly want to take a ten hour road trip into the middle of nowhere." I rest my chin in the palm of my hand, puffing out an exhale in thought.

"The other two...I wonder if they have something on them as well. Chiseled jaw and the other man, who I don't believe I have actually seen anywhere. I imagine he's...damaged, to say the least. Both of them. But, if we can make friends with just one of the three..I am sure we can get some answers and assist with making sure this never happens to anyone ever again. And unfortunately, I think Jennifer is going to be the easier to convince. We just have to be cautious, and you are going to need to pull my ear or slap my wrist if I ever make a dumb comment around her, because we really...really need to figure this out. And swiftly."

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Sep 19, 2018
Sep 19, 2018#15

Carrie Kimberly

He tells me that everything is going to be alright and muffled words escape me, held back by my clenched up throat. All I can do in response is nod, sniffles escaping me more freely until I have the courage to pull away and clean my face with my sleeve. "S-so I suppose I should be e-entirely honest. Um...w-when...w-when I d-did...h-have that happen to me...I um...I realized it could happen. B-before. I...I researched..." My voice is cut off, anxiety coursing through my muscles as I feel his hand against my cheek, my body involuntarily melting into his touch, his kiss a welcoming comfort to me. I do not know how he is so patient and willing to look past my flaws. Am I truly worth such a feat, to look past the damage and cracks and to cling onto when I would only end up weighing him down?

"I love you." I mutter weakly, turning to press a chaste kiss against his hand, lingering there before he informs me I should get up to go get dressed. "S-so much for my a-alluring I-Invader Z-Zim pj's..." I claim lightly, harshly bringing my hands to rub my face clean of any remains of the tears I have shed. I slowly peel my pj's off my body before slipping on the usual, clean jeans, black and pink flannel, and I tie my hair up loosely, notting it painfully in the process as I rake my fingers through it. If I am going to be clean and presentable, it is going to be horribly so. I could already feel my mother's nails digging into the clump of hair I had tied back, pulling until my scalp scorched with brutal pain and her name escaped my lips.

My feet lead me blindly to the infirmary, where I stare straight ahead as he tells me to take a seat. I feel something throb within me, dull pain exploding along my chest as I realize how heavily it is heaving. I could feel my veins pulse against my skin, my eyes heavy with the labour of Heracles himself, sleep overwhelming all else.

Samuel's voice once against breaks against my thoughts, soothing my tense muscles. I reach my hand out slowly to him, a small smile presented along my weary lips. "It would feel better if you held my hand while you did it. I mean...I-I w-wouldnt know anything...I-Im just t-the house's n-nurse." I manage to tease, head hanging as my words begin to pile in my throat and it grows harder to release them.

"About what I said...Samuel when I was in high school, I...My powers were in nearly full bloom. I had them since I was a little kid, mama used to, or well, I used to trip around, I guess." Lies threatened to spill from my tongue and I sigh as I stop. "No. She would raise me in a less...ethical manner. I attempted to defend myself from getting hit one day and it happened. We...we switched bruises. I was horrified, I kept apologizing, I begged her not to do it again...and all she did was walk into the bathroom, then invited me in to show me how to hide bruises with foundation. She said 'Caroline, if you are ever faced with a problem like this, never let it get out.' And, I guess I kept that with me even to today. I get up everyday, put on a face of smiles and confidence, while for the last week I've been crumbling. I...I was t-tortured when I was a senior in highschool. I was researching powers because it f-fascinated me. I...Oh God I swear to God, I never, ever hurt a child. Never. Never never never." I pause, inching my hand towards his as solemness overtook my features. "But I did run tests. I asked them to use their powers. I asked them to do so in a controlled setting. I asked them to push themselves to a limit where they could reach their true strength, but then I realized that with stress came difficulty. I t-tried never to push them too hard but there was something that I realized...It's that powers relied on two things. Genetics, and environment. Powers can be unlocked in great times of stress...and, as it turns out, stress can also turn it off. My power was turned on twice by stress...when those kidnappers came, I lost it. I was able to take Quinn's wounds, which she had gotten from her powers. That's why I disappeared. I...I had to go to the hospital. And as something I had forgotten...I healed swiftly. And...Um, stress turned it off. The man...The man who took me..." I stop briefly, eyes stinging but I force them to stay afloat towards his, taking a deep breath "I saw him near my high school campus for a while. I think he was dealing something to the kids. He kept talking to them, and one day I found him stalking around in the labs, where all my research was. He...He caught me, tore up the research, and dragged me off. R-remember that nightmare about being dragged? I...I have been having resurfacing nightmares for the last few weeks. S-scott knows about most of this, because he found me after the fact and took care of me when we realized that...Well...No one was looking." A sniffle does escape me and I press my hand over my lips to stop it, my breathing turning heavy. "I was held for five weeks Sammy...and no one came. N-no one." My glance turns down to the floor, relieved and nauseous from finally telling him. "I wanted to tell you for so long. I was just scared. And...and because I didn't tell you about this, I ended up hurting you. I wouldn't b-blame you if y-you never wanted night time snuggles anymore." I try to smile but it falters.

"I'm...I'm sorry. For all of it."

Italics = Flashback Content
"Italics" = "Dialogue in Flashback"
Bold and Italics = Thoughts in Flashback

Penelope Hollows

96f85cb7-f85c-4ef6-9ff0-4e2fce7ba669.jpg.640x0.jpg

I didn't handle crowds well. I really, really didn't...So why did I place myself in this predicament?

"Holy fuck that looks high!" An excited nudge into my ribs, which caused me to visibly wince. I doubt Fernando noticed though; he just kept gaping at the massive adrenaline monster towering over her us like a skyscraper."Pen! You gotta get on the Gut Buster with me!" I instantly paled at the thought, my roaring heartbeat drowned out by the giddy screams of children, the booming bass of pop music, and the endless voices overlapping like white noise. The scent of fried food was overwhelming.

"U-um," I cleared my throat and forced the stutter from my voice. Confidence, Penny. Practice confidence! "No way, Ferdinand! This looks way too tame." I attempted to slap on a smug smirk; god, I hoped it was convincing. Ferdinand had always been one of my more skeptical friends, frequently questioning the 'sass' and 'fire' others praised me for. Surely enough, Ferdinand squinted an eye at me while peering over the rim of his half-empty Mountain Dew slushie.

"That's what you said about the Skull Roll and Niagra Falls ride," he yelled over the music. He gave me yet another nudge, more prodding than the last, and stuck his tongue out at me. "It's a fair, Pen! Go ape shit with me!" Ape shit...His vocabulary could be so darn interesting sometimes. I had given up trying to deduce ninety percent of his jokes ages ago. He was a nice guy though, no matter how intense he could get at times.

"I thought we evolved out of that," I teased. My side was still throbbing. It didn't help settling my nerves as a pair of random women bumped shoulders with me, chasing down their kids as they imitated the growls of their tiger face paint. My breath hitched. S-so many people. So freaking loud...When was I supposed to get a break from this? Either way, I focused on Ferdinand again and fought the anxiety fluttering through my stomach."Darwin would be so disappointed right now. Tsk, tsk, Ferdy."

Ferdinand rolled his eyes. "Natural Selection wised up and changed its mind. Now come on," he looped his arm around mine and started tugging me towards the line for Gut Buster. Oh God. O-oh no. "If we don't jump in now, this damn thing will turn a mile long as soon as you blink." I found myself trapped between a rock and a hard place or, to put more accurately, sustaining my facade and dealing with Ferdinand's stubborn ways. In the end, I settled for stretching throat around a ball of fear as I swallowed it back, chuckling softly, and following along.

"Fine, but you owe me food."

---
"Hurk! Huuur--oh god!" My insides absolutely burned. As soon as my wobbly feet had touched asphalt, I sped from the Gut Buster and into the loneliest corner I could, emptying my breakfast and lunch into some grimy trashcan. It reeked of a terrible dumping of flaming hot nachos, cotton candy, and sugared chicken feet (please don't ask), which just made the nausea even worse. I felt awful for abandoning Ferdinand like that but I swore--I swore I would track him down as soon as the dizziness faded.

"N-never again," I mumbled while doing everything in my power to ignore the horrid taste caking my tongue. Ugh, I would need serious pallet cleansing after this. I was certain Dad had some of his top-notch brand mouthwash stocked up in the master bathroom somewhere. He wouldn't mind if I nabbed a bottle for keeping. I stayed that way, teetering desperately on the rim for the next handful of minutes before some peace finally returned to my system. I stood there for another chunk of time to right myself. Once I was ready, I gathered my coat and scoured my surroundings. It didn't seem like anyone had noticed my predicament...th-thank goodness. I would've been mortified if someone stumbled upon me in the middle of chopping my body weight in half...

T-terrible mental image. Why did I do this to myself?

"Yo Peeeen! Pen the Kin!"

I froze.

Ferdinand? How did he find me??
I instantly spun around with my hands clasped behind my back, trying to appear as innocent non-ill as possible."F-Ferdy!" O-oh dear. I stuttered again. "There you are!" He bound up to me, his run slowing to a jog as he heaved a loud sigh in exasperation. Both hands clamped down on my shoulders with audible slaps. Yes--it stung a bit.

"Dude! Why'd you bail on me like some lost demon child in Wal-Mart?!"

I cranked out a snort and bemused smile. "That analogy is rather self-explanatory, isn't it?" Confident Penelope would say that in response, right? It sounded accurate and in-character enough. Besides, judging by Ferdinand's playfully furrowed brow and pursed lips, I had hit the nail on the head. I snapped from my musings when he suddenly shook me.

"Quit dicking around for once!" Ew, I thought. "I totally thought something happened to you! Did you get distracted by those pesky shiny lights and followed them by accident again?"

H-how rude! Granted, he had every right to believe such a thing. I literally pulled the ditzy card around my friends whenever I needed a funny excuse to recuperate in peace for a few minutes. It grew tiresome upholding the facade for so long in one sitting. A part of me theorized that they were testing me constantly, poking and prodding at my protective shell until they reached the pathetic, stuttering, anxiety-riddled center...But I was being paranoid. Surely I was.
Looking unimpressed, I mimicked Ferdinand and grabbed hold of his shoulders, looking deeply past the wide lenses of his glasses. "Ferdy, we've been hanging around lights all night. It's a fair. I would've ran off way sooner, right? Right." My innards lurched and tightened as I reached up to pat his cheek playfully. Oh dear. That felt incredibly wrong and awkward. It seemed rude to invade someone's personal space like that, especially with a smack to the face. Plus, Ferdinand's baby stubble left an unpleasant sensation brushing against my palm. "So don't insult me. Or do I need to remind you of the tuba incident?" A giggle threatened to bubbled up my chest as Ferdinand gasped and reeled away in disgust.

"Shut the ever living up! That was one time! One!" He shoved my shoulder for extra measure...O-ow. I think I heard a muted pop in there somewhere. Perfect. Hopefully I could fix that before coming home tonight. I wouldn't want to worry Mom and Dad needlessly. They deserved all the rest and stress-free time. However, before I continue teasing him, he froze, his features pinched, and he scanned me up and down like he had discovered a new species of caterpillar (he was terrified of the little guys). "Pen of Men...What's that smell? Is that you?"

My eyes widened like saucer plates. U-uh oh. He smelled the vomit, didn't he? Crap! If only I had a chance to buy something to cover up the smell before finding him! My face was undoubtedly lobster red as I slapped a hand over my mouth, absolute humiliation knocking at my tummy for round two. D-don't you dare, Penny! Keep it together! "I...I-I don't know w-what you mean." My stutter was making a ferocious comeback and Ferdinand openly stared at me in bafflement. I couldn't bear to maintaining eye contact; I looked away in shame, my body shaking in raw panic.

I've been found out. This was it. Ferdinand was prepping to pounce like a predator, I could sense it.

"Pen..." he started in a warning and stern tone. He crossed his arms. "Explain the funk."

My eyes slid shut in defeat.

---

Ferdinand and I nibbled on corn dogs as we sat across from one another at a table. The area was a bit tamer than the rest of the fairgrounds, the band on stage unwinding into soft indie tunes. An awkward tension hung between us. He was at least considerate enough to get me properly cleaned up beforehand, but still...I hated every second of this.

"So..." he started. "You've been lying all this time. Kinda called it."

"D-did you ever bet m-money on it behind my back?" I asked; it was more of me fruitlessly attempting to deflect. Of course, it didn't work at all, and Ferdinand steamrolled right through it.

"You don't like parties. You hate them. Crowds freak you the fuck out. Loud shit gives you migraines and anxiety. You have social anxiety like nobody's damn business. Rides make you puke until next Sunday. And you feel uncomfortable being the fierce and sassy Pen of Men we all know, cuz it's not the real you."

My head lowered with each deduction being dropped like bombs. "C...c-correct."

"Is Penelope really your name?"

My gaze snapped up in shock. "Wha--yes! Y-yes, of course it is!"

"Hey, just checking. I've got trust issues right now," Ferdinand defended with his hands raised. He...he had a point. I had no right to be offended; at the end of the day, I was a huge liar and deceived everyone. I deflated and tried to retreat into myself like a turtle.

"I-I guess I can't blame...b-blame you. I just...God, I-I wanted to be cool a-and accepted so badly that I just...I-I don't know," I whispered meekly. We fell silent again and went back to eating. It posed as a useful method to avoid conversation, but he couldn't beat around the bush all night. There was an elephant in the room and it wasn't any of the performing ones five-minutes or so away from us.

Ferdinand suddenly knocked his shoe into mine, drawing my attention. "So what else?"

I blinked. "Um...w-well, that's about it. I-I swear I didn't lie about anything els--"

"Tut, tut, tut!" Ferdy held up a single finger, signalling me to shut up. I obeyed and promptly snapped my trap closed. "Hopes and dreams. Vices and virtues. Hobbies and embarrassing childhood stories. I got more than enough drama for one night, Pen with a Fin. Now tell me who the hell you are. We've got a few hours to get to know each other." During his entire speech, my jaw has slackened, threatening to meet the ground with a hard smack.

What...Why was he giving me another chance? I lied to him! H-how... "U-uhhhh...I...I don't..."

"Dear Lord," Ferdy admonished with an eye roll. He stood up. "While you toss that over, I'll grab us some fries. I kinda owe you for putting you through Gut Buster Hell, right?" He winked at me. Ferdy...

Before he was out of earshot, I called out to him tentatively, "F-Ferdy?"

"Yis?" Oh God--he killed me with that wonky voice of his. It was so dorky and distorted and goofy. I grinned and bit back a giggle.

"To start...c-could you not be s-so physical with me?"

A beat.

Two more beats.

He suddenly erupted into a round of laughter while smiling at me in disbelief. His eyes actually glistened with barely restrained tears! "Look at my Pen Cushion coming clean! Okay, okay," he placed a hand over his heart in a vow, "I swear. Never again will I get violent, even when you get annoying as all hell and piss me off."

A pout crossed my lips. "I-I'm not that annoying."

"Oh. You're precious."

Cyrus Booker

I squint at the thought of even getting up from the bed, but the moment that Nellie left the bed I knew I had lost all my reason to stay. My brows pinch as she opens the door, my hands fumbling at the desk side for my glasses and for my gloves, propping them upon my face after I had adjusted the collar of my night shirt, light blue atly nd lightly tattered. I slowly roll off the bed, brushing back my plopped down hair. I grimace teasingly over at Nellie as she motions me over. Once I lumber over to her figure, I drape my arms loosely around Nellie's waist, propping my chin upon her head and I mumble lightly.

"Okay. Okay. You owe me." I tease her softly as my eyes flutter close, but they soon pry back open to glance at Demi and Pen, who appeared to be bantering back and forth. My lips pull upwards pleasantly in their amusement, my whole soul shimmering with content at the thought of these two interacting and bonding further. It would only take so long before one of them fell for the other, and by my calculations, I'd assume that one of them is already head over heels. I just need to see which one I can assist into furthering this bond...

My features do twist as Penelope begins to introduce books to Demi, then I recalled something. Wasn't that something Helen did to gain the friendship of us? And of Demi? I chuckle softly at the thought, sending a wink Penelope's way before my chin further slumped down Nellie's head. I lean down and peck her forehead before popping back up and claiming

"I suppose a good night of cuddles has made me very famished. I pray they still have food down there. God knows that there are a lot of people who like to eat..."

"Muffins are gonna be gone." Helen muttered under her breath, smirking "Also that blonde little girl that runs around here keeps taking all the bagels. I suppose I can't blame her though. Maybe if we are lucky there will still be bacon..." I can very clearly imagine Helen's mouth begin to water before she shakes her head rapidly. "Alright chop chop people little miss Helen here needs some nourishment. Or else I'll be crabby. And I can be real clingy when I am crabby."

"Let's keep her that way." I whisper down to Nellie with a smirk, squeezing her lightly before letting go. "Well we wouldn't want that to happen. Come on ladies, to nourishment and beyond! And then, hopefully more cuddles because I was not ready to move." I grin at Nellie and wink before grasping her hand and bowing "Care for me to direct you, milady?"

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Oct 11, 2018
Oct 11, 2018#18

(The drawing is almost done, and because I am no artist I apologize ahead of time XD. Also again sorry for the scattered post, I swear I'm drowning in physics problems.)

Damon

"Hey, er, I am doing good. How about you?" I ask of her as I dig into the fruit basket, plucking an apple from the depths. I notice toast on some of the plates Andre had set down and I pick up a slice, stuffing it swiftly into my open mouth. I offer her a wide grin after I swallow it down, making sure the door is closed behind her. I sit down and pat the seat next to me before taking a big bite out of the apple, eyes fluttering closed in content. "You know I wish we could just stay here. I don't think Warren would be very happy with it though. I just need a break from...this." I rest my fingers against the comforter as my legs swing back and forth, humming lowly as I think. "I don't want to go back Ri. I am happy here. Happier than I have been in a while." It felt like I was back with mother and father, enjoying the last meal we ever had together. My shoulders slump in disappointment. What I would give for them to be back and the last two years to be a nightmare. However, I wouldn't give up Rina for the world. I wish we could have met under different circumstances, and I wish I didn't screw up with her. Then again, I knew if it was possible, I would kiss her again.

But, I would take it back. If it made her at ease. I wish I could make this easier on myself and not feel the way I do. "So. I am thinking we just relax today. If Warren wants a report I can run back to the cabin. He didn't mention anything regarding today. I am just thinking it will be easier to wait until he calls or gets in contact, or sends some god forbidden sign. Maybe we will just get lucky today. I don't know." Tiredness suddenly settles in and I realize I wish to go home. I wish my room was still available to me, or that my house was still mine. For my own life to be of my own volition. Thinking of Warren made me tired. It made me infuriated. There's nothing I can do, except reach out to this near heaven, only to be dragged back into hell. I can't settle, because if I do, it'll break my heart all over again, and I will be dragged from the near normal life, back to my life of captivity. What other goddamned fifteen year old was living like this?

Rina was too. I suppose self pity shouldn't be so high in my mind. I smile. "I say we go to the back yard and just...breathe some fresh air."

Andre

"Morning Vi." I greet softly as I press my lips to her forehead, lingering there for a good moment or too before I lean down teasingly to full demonstrate the height difference between us. I nuzzle my nose against hers before fully entering the room, placing the muffins down and settling in. "Im doing okay sweetheart. I think I woke up too early this morning, but I wanted to make sure you ate. I know myself to be a bit out of it when I don't eat, and sometimes i forget. So I just wanted to make sure you were all set...also, don't be mad, but I am stealing one of these dozens upon dozens of muffins." I tease her with a wiggle of my brow and I pluck one from the table, peeling off the wrapping before shoving it shamelessly into my mouth. I finish after a minute or two and wipe the crumbs away from my lips, getting up to ruffle her hair. "I see you've been looking over that journal." I stare down at the brail book, recalling the last thing it told me. The last thing she had told me then too. I bite my lip and run my fingers across the cover. "It's amazing to know someone did this all by hand. Just to show the person they loved them." I pause, laughing lightly now at a thought "I thought it was silly at the time. I sort of understand the sentiment now."

Scott

Sleep alludes me, and despite myself, I roll out of bed nearly ten minutes after I had attempted to curl in. I slowly make my way to my feet, get myself properly dressed as my muscles ache with dull pain, then proceed to adjust my tie and brush my hair back. I grimace lightly as I make my way out into the hall, realizing I needed to do work without Jennifer or Itzlie catching me. Hell, if Carrie or Samuel caught me, I could only assume they'd send me back. So that meant covert work around the house. I could do that just fine. I slowly make my way downstairs, aware of every step and every sound I could make. However, it becomes horribly clear that there is someone knocking erratically on the door.

"Please do not be a kidnapper, please do not be a kidnapper..." I mumble to myself as I make my way to the front door, slowly peeking my head out to view a young woman, who couldn't be older than twenty. "Hello dear, um, may I be of assistance?" I offer to her as I open the door a little bit wider, wondering if this woman was a late comer like Kendra and Sylvia. I wouldn't be surprised. Damon and Rina were pretty late too, so I suppose I shouldn't be concerned. "Are you...hoping to get some shelter?" I ask her with a polite smile, holding back the urge to bite my lip. I suppose sleep deprivation and paranoia were not a good combination.

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

Mobley Eats
Group moderator

Oct 14, 2018
Oct 14, 2018#19

Demi Locklear

I couldn't help but grimace when Cy leaned down to kiss that blood bender's forehead. Fucking yuck! Man, look at that blonde monster just grinning all wide and dopey and blushing and shit--these two are just too much for me. And here I thought I had an iron stomach. Leave it up to the romantic yuppies to totally override that.

"Don't worry, babe. I'll pay you back with like, a monster load of affection later, kay?" Nellie giggled, her face as hot pink as a peach...Disgusting. They exited the room looking like a matching fair haired set--sleepy expressions, ruffled pajamas, and the goofiest cases of bedhead I've ever seen in my whole damn life. They were like a couple of cartoon characters or some shit!

I shoved my hands into my pockets and focused on Chipmunk and Twiglet. I grinned at Helen's comment about the food and bacon. "They better fucking have some bacon left. If not, we're raiding the fridge, dammit. Who's up for cooking if it comes down to it?" I was only half joking--I mean, hell, if we gotta cook, then we would cook. Or just me. I knew my way around the kitchen and stove, though I only ever whipped shit up for myself. Even then, they were always quick shit since I was always on the run, jumping from one spot to another.

With a low chuckle, I nudged Helen, "What the fuck ever. You're always clingy no matter what, Chipmunk. Now come on," then picked her up again, turning to head down the hall.

"Lead the way, Twiglet and...attachments." Damn, that was close. I almost said 'Twiglet and friends' but uh...that was too awkward for me. Not quite there yet. Here's to hoping they wouldn't take that shit personally. I was yanked from my thoughts when Pen Drop crossed her arms and heaved a playful sigh of annoyance.

"Y-you're always kidnapping my friend, Cookie," she teased. I arched an eyebrow in response.

"Am I supposed to care? Chipmunk's in good hands."

"More like," she paused for dramatic effect, "A-amateur hands."

The fuck? Oh, it was on! My eyes narrowed into a glare. "Who the fuck you calling an amateur, bean pole."

Pen Drop merely shrugged, looking away to hide that damn smug smirk of hers. Manipulative little shit. "W-well, I mean...only a novice would k-kidnap the same target over and over. P-professionals would broaden their h-horizons, you know? Try something new every now and then." She poked me in the ribs, taking advantage of the fact that my arms were full with Chipmunk. For fuck's sake! Did nobody in this group understand that I DON'T LIKE TO BE POKED OR TICKLED?!

"Fuck off!" I growled while inching away from Pen Drop. "I don't need to prove my skills to you, dammit!"

"Ah, I see." Pen's lips pursed a moment, watching me like some kinda evil mastermind. What the hell was going on in that big egghead of hers? "...You're just t-too scared."

...Oh fuck no.

"I'm not scared!"

"Y-yes you are. Waaaay too scared to--?" Whatever bullshit was about to coming rolling out of Pen's mouth took a backseat when I suddenly (but still gently...that's my Cottonball, dammit) put Helen down and marched up to her. Her eyes widened, probably wondering what in the hell I was doing. Heh--not so cocky now, are ya? Without a single word, I scooped her up into my signature koala hold, literally feeling the oxygen rush from her lungs in surprise.

Ha! Score for me, bitches! "Don't have anything to say now, huh?" I said, feeling smug as hell. It helped that Pen didn't have a single damn retort left; she simply clung to me, hiding her face in the crook of my neck. Huh...her face felt kinda warm. Was that normal? Was her health acting up or some shit? Was she--...I needed to calm down. She's fine, Demi. Get your shit together.

"Now where were we before smartass wanted to start shit? Oh yeah! Bacon!"

Damn, sure felt good to beat Twiglet at her own game.

Penelope Hollows

I'm in heaven.

Nellie King

I ship it. I ship it. I ship it. I ship it--I ship it so hard.

Helen Everest

"Oo! I am always up to a good fridge raid." I agree with a light grin, surprised but not upset as she sudden picks me up into her signature koala hug. I melt into it readily, although my head pipes up as Penny begins to speak, and I realize now I should have expected this. It was alright. Penelope deserved to attempt and try to get some affection, although I am ashamed to admit that my heart drops into the deepest part of my stomach as she sets me down, picking up Penny into a hug instead. I hide the emotion with a bright and ready smile, although there's a brief numb ache that infects the center of my throat.

I chase this away and rather offer a laugh at the two, shaking my head. "Oh dear Penny. I hope you enjoy the kidnapping. I can finally stretch out my legs again..." To prove my point further, I bend slightly at the knees before straightening up. I roll my shoulders back. "Well, I guess I can reach the kitchen now quicker. See you later, nerds." I claim lightly, turning from them and exhaling without realizing it had escaped me. Cyrus seems to notice the vibe off the bat that I can't even begin to describe, and before I know it, my feet are lifted from the floor. I realize that I have been slumped over his shoulder, his arm wrapped loosely around my waist as he hoists me up and keeps me well in position.

"Southern Belle, assist me in the kidnapping of this fair madam. I am not letting her steal our precious fuel." He shakes his free fist, bouncing me gently against his shoulder. I blink, brushing my hair back as it falls into my face and I have to wrap my arms around his waist in order not to fall off.

"You fiend!" I proclaim, trying not to let a giggle out as I realize how ridiculous I must look. He huffs briefly, patting my back as he readjusts me teasingly.

"Oof. You feeling a little bit heavy my dear. Not enough. You need double amounts of breakfast. Nay, triple."

"You wouldn't dare." I whisper, as if his proposition was truly a criminal act. He chuckled manically, although it clearly comes out less powerful than anticipated, and he genuinely chokes on his own breath. He clears his throat, straightening out his back so I can have a better grasp.

"Speak another word and I'll give your four breakfasts."

"My word!"

"Five it is!" He bounces me once more and marches towards the stairs, patting my back and humming lightly under his breath. "She will still give you hugs you know?" He whispers so only I can hear, and my body slouches against the crook of his shoulder.

"I know."

"Good. Because if not I will take them all for myself my dear. Now come on, the steps are gonna get bumpy, don't want you to get vertigo..."

"Oh I can feel it already...here we go..." I make a fake gagging sound, which he instinctively flinches at.

"God for a sweet little angel you sure know how to be mean sometimes."

"Learned it from Cookie."

"...Okay you know what I uh...I'm not honestly surprised. Just..."

"Concerned?"

"Caring of your wellbeing. And your sudden vocabulary options."

"What? Damn it Cyrus."

"Helen! Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"Yes."

"...Oh, good to see that then. Wouldn't have expected any less little Chippy."

Nellie King

Hah...sure is nice to see the Penmi ship sail. Err, well, not entirely, but it's well on its way from leaving the docks. I can feel it in my bones! And my blood...which is kinda super mega weird, because I can always feel it thrumming. Sometimes it's so faint that I forget it even exists and then other times, most times, there's a steady beating in my body. In my veins. A constant reminder of what I can do, the harm I can cause...

Whoa! Way to get off track, Nellie Bond! Focus on the here and now, especially on your awesome boyfriend (gahhhh--I can say that now what). A smile works its way across my face as Cy hefts Helen up; nice one babe. I know that Helen always means the best and loves all of us, just as much as I love her (let's be real, these wonderful nerds are my children and Cy is Papa Nerd), but even then, that brief flicker in her demeanor isn't lost on me. She's worried...dang it, Helen. We're gonna make you feel so loved that it's gonna blind you!

Uh...not literally. That'd be bad. Awful. My chest hurts just imagining it.

My smile turns dopey as I wrap my arms around myself in a hug. "That's cool. While you guys are all cuddly with each other, I'm gonna bask in the delicacy of Nellie Hugs all for myself. Sucks to be you, uh...Suckers. I'm so original," I chuckle while marching along with them. I can tell that some kinda remark is knocking at the back of Demi's teeth, but a random squeeze from Penny calms her down. D'aww, look at her taming the dragon~. Go Pen! Go, my child!

However, when Cy asks me to "assist in the kidnapping", I grin innocently and unfurl my life-giving self-hug to grab Helen's hand. "There. You've seriously got no way of escaping now, Helen." Then I shrug, batting my eyelashes. "Sowwy."

"Fucking nerds," Demi grumbles.

Just as I go to say something, I hear Penny pipe up. "T-takes one to know one, Cookie."

"Oooooh--burn!" I laugh loudly...somewhat scooting behind Helen as a shield. Ha! Come at me, bro!

Demi just shoots me a dirty glare, not saying anything else as she tightens her hold on Pen.

We reach the dining hall soon and I spot a fairly empty section of the table. As soon as I plop down in a chair, my legs start bouncing. What can I say? I love the idea of sitting at the table with my friends for a meal, all family-like and stuff. It's...it's something I never got the chance to experience beforehand, so I'm definitely taking advantage of this.

Kendra Lindler

"Oh, you wanna try out da punchin' bag sometime? Hell yeah, ya totally can!" Shiiit, how come I ain't nevuh thought 'bout dat b'fore?? I a'ways wanna make sure dat Sylvie stays safe 'n shit, nevuh to be taken ever again. Some good ole fashion self-defense oughtta work great fo' her, especially now dat she's eatin' right. I admit, I was a bit slow takin' up da idea of teachin' her while we were travelin' on our own, but dat's only cuz I worried 'bout da backlash on her body. She was malnourished, hell, she still is, but now...she was on da right track. If she kept dat up, learnin' some shit will be a snap fo' her, I just know it! I mean--hell--she is my sister. "We can start out slow. Tomorrow mornin' sound good to ya? You'll be a full blown badass in no time man! Fo' sure, fo' sure!" Man, shi-yat! I'm gettin' kinda pumped just thinkin' bout it!

I grin in satisfaction when I see her eyes water, cleanin' out da rest of da crumbs 'n helpin' out her vision. "There! Dat oughtta help ya."

"Hey...you didn't need to stress too much about that. I am fine, Ken. I am."

"Well, I know ya is now," I chuckle, givin' her cheek a light pinch. Den she goes on teasin' me 'bout gettin' some grub and callin' me out on bein' motherly 'n shit. I mean, hell. Yeah. Sometimes I get all momma bear on her, but I can't help it. Not like I wanna stop actin' like dat. I care 'bout Sylvie. I'd lay my life down fo' dis kid 'n way more if da world would let me. I give her one mo' playful pinch b'fore lettin' her face go and standin' up, hand rufflin' her hair. "Yeah yeah, spout all dat mother stuff all ya want. Don' mean it's gonna make me stop, sis. But yeah, let's head on 'n get somethin' in my belly b'fore I kill over. I'm starvin' man!"Wit out askin', I take her hand in mines 'n lead da way. "Did ya sleep a'ight?" I ask.

Edit Delete

Mobley Eats
Group moderator

Oct 19, 2018
Oct 19, 2018#2

Natalie Kross

Knock knock knock knock knock knockknockknockknockknockknock--

The door finally opens! About goddamn time! Who takes a whole ten minutes to answer?! I'm telling you guys, I'm as flaming hot as a furnace on the coldest night of winter. All of this crap piling up is eating away at me, all while fanning the annoyance until it grows into an inferno. The worry is still there. Of course it is. That's the root of my entire state right now. Quinn, I swear to God, once I lay my eyes on you--

"Hello dear, um, may I be of assistance?"

Some dude is at the door. Huh, weird. Not the face I was expecting but, then again, it's a mansion. There's probably a lot of people in there. Well, either way, none of that matters. Scowling, I cross my eyes and pin this man down with a displeased glare. "Why yes, you can, mister whoever. I need to see Quinn Harvey--immediately. If you say no, I'm still coming in." My entire body radiated, "Try me, I dare you". A frazzled and pissed off Nat is never good for anyone--trust me.

However, his next question somewhat throws me off.

"Are you...hoping to get some shelter?"

I blink. Once. Twice more. My stance shifts a bit. "Err...no? This place is for sheltering the homeless or something?" Wait...is Quinn homeless? I mean, maybe I'm stupid for not connecting the dots earlier, but she's so damn secretive about her life and living conditions. I just always try to be respectful of her privacy, never prying into her business. But still...goddammit, Quinn. What is all this? My eyes started to sting, but I blink it away and clench my jaw. "Look. Just...take me to Quinn, alright? I'm worried sick about her. She hasn't returned my calls or texted me back or...o-or anything."

Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Oct 20, 2018
Oct 20, 2018#3

Cyrus Booker

"Don't worry my dear, I will wrap you up in my signature Booker embrace once I get our victim down and ready for breakfast. Five of them, I must add." I tease up to her, relieved that Nellie was playing along, holding onto Helen's hand. I made sure that my grip on her was strong enough so I did not accidentally release her, because I knew I would get it later for such a cruel act. Helen, as much as I loved her, and as sweet and giving as she was...still scared me a bit. That was a good thing, but still, no dropping of the blonde on my watch.

"Using Helen as a shield my southern belle?" I inquire with a chuckle, noting by the time we had made our way down the stairs, Helen was able to reach up slightly to place her arms around Nellie. Eventually Nellie plops herself down at the table, literally bouncing with excitement. Humming, I pull a chair up with my shoe for Helen to sit and I plop her down, kissing the top of her head. "There. You are stuck here now." Once I pat down her shoulder and make sure her hair isn't blinding her, I stroll over to Nellie and kiss the top of her head multiple times. "You are an amazing assistant kidnapper. I...owe...you..." I finish covering her in affection before plopping down next her, grinning broadly in my content. God, I love this woman. I don't care how messy her hair may be, or how sleep deprived(or rather cuddle deprived) we may be, she is absolutely shining.

"Alrighty then...I am going to indulge myself in some sinful food. All the bacon is for me ~" I coo playfully, picking up plates from the center of the table and placing them for the five of us. Once I finish that, I grab the stack of bacon and threaten to pour the entire thing on my plate. However, I decide to give a decently equal amount to each plate, then slump back in my chair, peeling the gloves off. I wanted to see if I could eat without them. Besides, if a slice of meat did come to life, all I would have to do was eat it and I wouldn't have too big of a problem.

"Ooo, looks like there is still some french toast." Helen immediately brightened, humming as she offered the plate around before taking some of her own. "You know, at my house, we always say things we are grateful before we eat. Do you guys mind if we do that?" Helen asked with a pleasant smile, and I shrug, deciding that this was probably a good idea. I did something very similar when my cousins were at the house.

"Sure. I suppose I will start. I am very grateful for the food in front of me, I am grateful for all the girls at the table, I am grateful for the love I feel in my family and circle of friends, I am grateful that my powers are more under control, I am grateful for all the cuddles and hugs I get all day long, and I am grateful that I get to live a comfortable life with my friends." I finish, nodding slowly. Helen goes next, humming.

"I am grateful for all of you, for the food, for the mansion, and for my speech improvement. I am grateful for the books, and for the hugs, and for the patience you all have. I am also grateful you put up with this." She shoots a smirk at me and I wink back at her.

Sylvia Sullivan

"Kendra I do not know if I am going to get it right off the bat." I tell her with a wrinkle at the corner of my lips. "I am not going to go badass over night by punching a bag a few times. Although, that might help with the anger stuff. And the weird emotions I'd rather not deal with. Could you also teach me some other things? I want to know how to get out of headlocks or how to hit the proper places on people in order to send them down." I cross my arms, eyes fluttering now as my internal monologue wondered how to not get taken again.

"Honest Kendra...I really don't know how to handle all of your affection." I smile as she pinches my cheek, surprised that someone could pinch my cheek rather than strike it. I find that my head tilted unconsciously into her hand, blinking now as she ruffles my hair and grabs my hand. Why is my chest so heavy? Is...is this content? I believe it is. This is how I feel whenever Kendra shows off affection, and I can feel her care roll off of her in waves. The nice thing about my power was knowing if her care was genuine, rather than pity based. I knew that it wasn't fabricated, and i knew how other people felt about me too. Sometimes it was overwhelming. Even if it was nice and affectionate.

"I can't have you kneel over from hunger, Ken." I nudge her lightly with my elbow before admitting truthfully, for I know very well she knows when I lie "I dreamt of my mother last night. Otherwise...it wasn't too bad. No spasms or anything. Didn't hit my head against anything. I just want to figure out how to sleep without dreaming. But...I got at least...what...five hours? I think?"

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Oct 20, 2018
Oct 20, 2018#4

Scott Carmichael

My body tensed as the young woman's radiation added stress to my shoulders, and she demanded to see Quinn Harvey. Wasn't that the young woman that Carrie told me she had gotten adoption papers for just a few days ago? It must have been, and my throat suddenly becomes dry as she mentions she will come in whether or not I like it. "You seem like a very pleasant young lady, miss. I am more than happy to let you have a visit with Quinn, do you have any relation to her?" My expression softens as she inquires if this is a place for the homeless.

"It certainly can be, but not all the residents here are homeless. Generally these are just people who...don't always belong in society. I am more than happy to show you to her, do you know if there may be something the matter with her?" I do recall seeing the blonde woman less and less, and Carrie always makes sure to check in at least hourly for most days, even without much response. I open the door more freely to her and step out of the way, blinking the sand from my eyes.

"We can go check on her, miss. If this truly concerns you, I want to make sure she is okay too." The kidnapper scenario had really thrown me off guard, and it is difficult to make sure that each and every individual is okay at my home. Perhaps I should focus a little more upon their states, although the weight of my eyes seem to drag me to the floor.

(Sorry school had been hard-let see how much I can catch up on)
(Would love to see your pic after you are done Katsea)
Itzlie
"I hope I can repair what had been torn" I hear her say. That makes two of us…
"I'm sure you will. What happened to you wasn't fair." I say to her," And it definitely wasn't her fault"
I listened to her as she talked about her brother, it was nice.
"I see those are nice memories." I say and laughed a little," I guess I can understand though not wanting to fall asleep. It means the day has ended. If you are having a good time or whatever staying up seem like a way to drag out the day I guess..or he could just have seen it as a waste of time."
"Anyways I do hope that Scott is getting some rest." I then say with a sigh. She then offers to go check up on her along with the other two.
"Well my brother still hasn't came out if he says anything to you please let me know." I say with a weak smile. I also watch her reaction after saying she didn't need to help.
"Alright." I say as I see how she grips the porcelain. I hoped she didn't hurt herself," I understand"
I could tell there was no way to stop her. I honestly could understand though it seemed like she was trying to make up for all the things she did to the children and us. I see her eyes begin t water
"Hey, it wasn't your fault." I say to her..although honestly I didn't trust her at first it really wasn't her fault. I again wondered if she had managed to call anybody from her family but decided not to ask and push her.

Tegan
I seemed to be breaking through to her as she laughed about the mall but the smile then faded as she seemed to be post in thought.
"Seriously? You really...that's...That's awesome to hear. Seriously, so awesome. And great. To really be your...b-best friend...it means a lot to me." She then says to me but then followed by saying," "But even then, I can't be selfish. I shouldn't have...sh-shouldn't have gotten close to you. Shouldn't have gotten attached. All I'm doing is putting you at risk, Tegan."
"What are you talking about putting me at risk." I say still so confused. As I had then pointed out her ankle, she quickly covered it and looked away from me. I couldn't believe she had tied herself. She then digs her nails into her scalp I gently grabbed her hand again to stop her from hurting herself again and frown not wanting her to hurt herself. She then says she has DID..or a multiple personality.
I get quiet to let her finish what she was talking about as it seemed like she was having a hard time saying this and I was having a hard time processing this. She told me her other self or whatever was evil and tricky. That she could do horrible things.
"That's why, Tegan...that's why you need to just leave and...f-forget about me. Okay? I'm...I'm doing this for you. Please." She then says hiding her face in her hands. I looked at her not sure what to say or do. How could I have not known she was hurting so much.
"I honestly don't know what to say to this." I say to her then looked at her then bite my lip," I can't just promise I am going to forget you or anything. I mean you're still my best friend. I can't just leave you like this."
It hurt me to see her like this.

Sakamoto
She says she is fine and just says she is just worried about Scott…I nod understanding.
"Yeah it doesn't seem like ha has rested or anything since he got back." I say he kinda seemed like a zombie. I was honestly more worried about the people who had tried to kidnap us. I then noticed she called me dear again I still couldn't get use to when she called me dear and looked away. It was still kinda weird to actually be dating Winnie, in a good way though. I mean thinking about it now I could almost laugh with how much I had misread. I looked back over at her as I see she is still working using her powers. I guess we were both getting better at our powers with more practice. She called me dear again and I blushed.
"Hey, Winnie I have a question for you. When did you start liking me?" I asked her honestly curious hoping she didn't mind. I was still clueless to that she liked me much less when she had started. It was something that had been buggin me for a while

Alexander
"I agree…even though she does seem like the friendliest one and stable I don't know. She still seems very fragile." I say. The other two were still hiding in their room. This was a predicament, and kinda frustrating. I mean our best resource to find out what they remember was right there, but it didn't seem like they would even be willing to talk
"Although to be fair I wouldn't want to talk if I was in their shoes." I then admit moving my hair out of my face. We were finding so many mysteries like that guy at the smoke shop that we still need to check out. Jack then brings up another good point, we didn't even know where the ex-fiancé was and even if we did how far would it be.
My thoughts go back to Sakamoto's power but I didn't want to force him.
"Guess we couold try asking Sakamoto nicely once we find out where the guy is." I then say
"The other two...I wonder if they have something on them as well. Chiseled jaw and the other man, who I don't believe I have actually seen anywhere. I imagine he's...damaged, to say the least. Both of them. But, if we can make friends with just one of the three. I am sure we can get some answers and assist with making sure this never happens to anyone ever again. And unfortunately, I think Jennifer is going to be the easier to convince. We just have to be cautious, and you are going to need to pull my ear or slap my wrist if I ever make a dumb comment around her, because we really...really need to figure this out. And swiftly." Jack says.
"What are you talking about..and chiseled jaw really" I suddenly hear as Ivan appears behind us. I jump a little surprised then am slightly amused at his last comment looking over at Jack to see his reaction. Trying not to laugh.

Ivan
I hear the two boys talking and I believed they were talking about us? What the heck Chiseled jaw?
I make myself visible suddenly appearing behind them.
"What are you two talking about…and chiseled jaw? Really?" I say looking at them focusing my attention at the one boy (jack) the other (Alexander) looked somewhat amused.

Rina
"Oh I'm good" I say as he digs into the fruit basket. I followed him in and sit next to him. I had thought this was going to be weird and I had felt nervous, but I felt fine. He then talks about hoe he needs a break and doesn't want to go back.
"I agree. It is nice here." I say with a smile and nod. It was so nice I didn't know how to handle it, not that I would ever want to go back Warren. I had never been to a place where people where this nice and it kinda always had me on edge for some reason. It also made me feel worse about what we did. I wasn't used to this type of treatment, and I also didn't want to get to use to being here. Damon seemed to really like it though which was nice.
"I don't want to go back either." I then say lowly with a nod. I bite my lip not wanting to tell him about the photos I found or the about me trying to find somebody that could help him.
"So. I am thinking we just relax today. If Warren wants a report I can run back to the cabin. He didn't mention anything regarding today. I am just thinking it will be easier to wait until he calls or gets in contact, or sends some god forbidden sign. Maybe we will just get lucky today. I don't know." He then says.
"If Warren didn't say anything or hasn't contacted us then let just pretend for a little bit while were normal." I say I didn't want to go back any sooner then we must.
"You ok?" I asked as he suddenly seemed just very tired and out of it, I grabbed his hand for a second to comfort him before he suggested to go out to the backyard.
"Yeah let's go." I say with a nod and smiled a little getting up. Some fresh air would be nice.

Like Reply
Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Nov 13, 2018
Nov 13, 2018#6

(Yee, I've had it in my notebook for months now I just lost one of the colors XD Which I have now, so I should stop procrastinating)

Jennifer Clemons

"I suppose it wasn't fair. But that is alright. I am in a good place now." It's a good thing I don't remember a moment of it. I think that would hurt more now than the thorns that have plunged themselves into my heart. I swallow slowly and try to think of the more positive life that I had mentioned with Jonah. "I never truly understood what went on in his mind. I just don't think he liked being cooped up in a house with four other siblings." I chuckle softly under my breath, wondering how Jonah would respond to see I was alive.

I think he would be horrified to see I am alive. He might faint. Which wouldn't be surprising, I just miss his comfort. I wonder if he got a family yet. I wonder if Abigail...Oh. Heh. I forgot I offered to show her how to do her hair before I left. Sorry Abby.

"You know maybe you should join me in saying hello. I think he would be appreciative. Besides, I don't necessarily want to head alone. You know, girl power and all." I wink at her teasingly and nudge her with the tip of my elbow. I do pause as it becomes apparent that she notices my emotional upset, and I slowly inhale to calm the reaction.

"I know Itzlie. I just feel like there was something that could have been done. And...I really don't have the courage to tell the people I love I'm still alive. Isn't it weird? I feel their lives might be more at peace with what they could have just accepted."

Winnifred

"I think the poor dear will recover. The assistants seem to be doing a stellar job so far." I muse, absentmindedly waving my fingers to produce sparks of energy. Warmth overtakes my body and a excited exhale leaves me. I do not think I have ever felt this content with my abilities, nor this controlled. I do drop my act as I hear Saka ask me a question. It takes me off guard and my head swivels to meet his direction. "Hmm?" I blink innocently as I fully take in the question. How long? My cheeks ignite into flame and my eyes direct to the floor, a breath caught in my throat. "Well, er, do you remember when we cuddled by the lake for the first time?" The heat slowly turns hellish, causing me and place a hand over one cheek to try and cool it down. "Uh, I had affectionate feelings beforehand, but not so much romantic wise. Uh, that little thing really changed it. I realized I was...er, well, to put it simply, attracted to you."

I did not wish to tell him, in that moment, all I could think was how it couldn't have been right. I didn't want to protest against what I was feeling, but it felt odd in the moment.

Jack

"She does seem fragile. I wish there was some way to extract information with her without hurting her in any way."I shake my head slowly "If we could find time to speak to the other two men we might be able to pick more pieces together. We know Itzlie's brother has been in trouble for quite a while, and could have easily been plucked from the streets. Jennifer, we could assume, could have been betrayed by her fiance. But we don't know that for sure either. Then there is the other kidnapper, who none of us have seen or know anything about. This organization seems to be desperate to get people, but now it's just our hope that no one else gets caught up."

"That might not be a bad idea. If the man is close to the area though, I am sure a small walk wouldn't hurt..." A sudden voice behind me startles me from my chair and my spirit nearly escapes my body as it becomes difficult to catch my breath. My fingers latch into my chair and I realize it's Itzlie's brother, hovering over me. I grin nervously

Yes chiseled jaw ~ Come to Jack and make him happy ~

JACQUELINE SHUT IT!

"oh! Hi! I was just uh, talking to my buddy Alexander about uh...you know, chiseled jaw Jennifer..." I swallow nervously. "Just talking about talking to her. Thought she might have some things to talk about...you know...with that scruff, beautiful demeanor and all."

Nice save asshat

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

Mobley Eats
Group moderator

Nov 24, 2018
Nov 24, 2018#7

Nellie King

I accept the multiple kisses with the biggest and dopiest dang grin on my face. Man...life is good. I don't even care if another wave of those dumb kidnappers come swinging Tarzan-style through the windows right now...Err, that's a lie, because I would care. Dear God would I care. Erase the image from your head, Nellie Bond! Burn it! I finally focus on Cy again and don't even fight the heat filling my cheeks like some kinda dorky furnace. As soon as he sits down, I boop my head against his shoulder (yes, I may or may not have said "boop" out loud in tandem with the impact...I'm so freaking cool, guys) before giggling, "Twas my pleasure assisting you, my wonderful accomplice. I'm certain our higher ups with pay us handsomely for our efforts~"

Insert evil cackle here...although I nearly choke on air. "Gah! Okay, uh," another cough, I beat on my chest with a sheepish grin, "C-classy. So classy. I feel the envy...I'm cool. I'm breathing. I'm alive and well, if anybody cares."

"The only damn thing I care about is how fucking pitiful that laugh was," Demi chuckles while standing on the opposite end of our little friendship line...with Penny still in her arms. D'aww...those two are so obvious that it hurts. Literally. Stop it, you guys. I be's a dyin from yer toxic cuteness! Spare me!

I quirk an eyebrow. "Oh? Is that a challenge?" Eyes glimmering in amusement, I prop my chin up on my fist. "Think you can do better, Cookie?"

"The fuck is with everyone challenging my goddamn superiority today?!" Demi heaves a sigh, tossing her head back briefly. I think I can see Pen's back shaking with laughter, though I can't hear it...Something in my gut tells me that she's doing everything she can to avoid drawing attention to herself and giving Demi a reason to put her down. Heh...I know your methods, Pen. You can't hide 'em from these love-seeking goggles! "I know I can! Just watch me and take some notes, fucking amateur."

There's a pause. Demi trades a glance between all of us, a soft pink ever so slowly tainting his cheeks. Oh dear...she's just now realizing what she's gotten herself into, hasn't she? I feel like I should show mercy and her she doesn't have to prove anything...but whoever says I'm a merciful little blonde nugget? Not me.

"Uh..." Demi shifts from foot to foot. "You know what? Fuck it. I got more than enough confidence in my impressions, I don't need to show y'all anything--?!?!" Whatever else she was about to say is swallowed up by her surprised laughter, eyes wide and muscles stiffening. "Hahaha--WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK!"

Immediately, she puts Pen down...who's wearing the most shit-eating grin. Ah...my child. I'm so proud. Sh-she's gonna make me cry. Playfully, Pen wiggles her fingers while shrugging. "S-sorry, just thought I'd h-help out in the cackling department."

"I hate you," Demi hisses, her voice lacking any venom she's probably hoping to express, and blushing an insane shade of red. Grumpily, she plops down next to Helen and, falling forward like a chopped tree, lands her head on Helen's shoulder and grumbled into the fabric of her top, "I fucking hate all of you..."

"Wove you too," I coo, enjoying the show immensely. Pen just giggles, absolute adoration painting her from head to toe, before she sits down with us. Gosh...I really love these guys. Seriously. Where would I be without them? Honestly, I don't even want to know the answer to that question, because I'll never have to find out. This is my family. My safe haven. Life is finally, after all these years, on my side. There's no way in heaven nor hell I'm letting it go.

Smiling serenely, I say without batting an eyelash, "I really do love you guys." Yes, I'm being mushy gushy right now and swimming in feels. In case you're wondering, the water's fine. However, I realize we're all going around saying what we're thankful for. Pen jumps in next, her voice soft yet carrying over all of our ears gently, "I-I'm grateful for finding the b-bestest friends I could ever have, f-for being loved and accepted for w-who I am, for books and being n-nerds with all of you, and for just..." I swear I catch her gaze snapping up to Demi before looking away, "F-for finding happiness."

"Uh..." Demi squirms a bit, slowly sitting up from Helen's shoulder as her brain scrambles to spit out something appropriate. "Err...I, uh...I guess I'm grateful for getting to know Helen and the rest of you fudos. And for not, like, wanting to punch someone in the face for once. That's cool or whatever. Uh, shit, what else do people say right now?"

Pen giggles again, nudging Demi. "Th-that's perfect, Cookie. You did good."

Demi visibly deflates with a sigh of relief. "Oh thank fuck--Uh! I mean, God. Thank God. Yeah."

Finally, it's my turn. I open my mouth to start...only to falter. I...Should I be honest? Completely? I...I don't know if I'm ready or not to open doors, but this is my family now. I've promised Cy to no longer keep things from him, but still... Swallowing shallowly, I take a moment to steady my nerves before saying as nonchalantly as possible, "I'm...thankful for you guys. For being in my life and giving me the friendship and laughter and care and love that I looked so long for. I'm grateful for having a home. For feeling like I...f-finally belong." I clear my throat, forcing myself to keep it together. No tears, darn you! You are a rock! A corny, squishy rock. "And I'm so...dang grateful, to finally feel like I'm part of a family and feel w-wanted. Uh. Heh."

I wipe roughly at my eyes, chuckling lightly. "Alright, cool! Feels and fuzzies all around, am I right? Mind passing the bacon, peeps?"

Kendra Lindler

"Hell yeah, I will!" I laugh lightly while nudgin' Sylvie, "I'mma teach ya every damn thing I know! Ain't no way in Hell I'm gonna let ya go on wit'out knowin' as much self defense as possible. I mean," I scratch da back of my head, lookin' ahead, "I'm always gonna be there to protect ya, but like...sometimes bullshit 'n life happens. I just wanna be prepared in case fate tries to pull any bullshit. Don' hurt to play it safe." It definitely don'. I lost Sylvie once, I ain't gonna let it happen 'gain.

"Wha'chu mean all of my affection? I can' help it if you my fam. Dat's just how I roll~" I ruffle Sylvie's hair wit a wide ass grin. It's cute as hell when she act like she's complainin' 'bout my care 'n touchiness 'round her, cuz I know damn well dat she don' mind it at all. But hey, I wouldn' ever call her out on it, well, not 'round other peeps she ain't comfortable wit.

I hum a bit as Sylvie go on tellin' me 'bout her sleep last night. Not all good. Not all bad. Overall, dat shit's progress 'n Hell if I ain't heard positive progress 'bout her sleepin' in a while. It sends relief through me, my shoulders visibly slackin'. "A'ight, okay...dat's not too bad." Some protectiveness 'n annoyance builds up in me at da mention of dat abusive bitch, but I try to keep my shit cool 'n continue, "Her 'gain, huh? Well...I guess da past's bound to haunt ya for a while, just depends on how we handle 'n move on from it, I guess. N knowin' dat it stays in da past. Aye," I give her hand a light squeeze, "Let's keep dat up, a'ight? Next goal'll be six hours. Den seven. Den finally up to eight. We got dis, cool?"

When we finally reach da dinin' room, I see dat there's an assload of peeps up in here, which I don't really mind. New faces 'n names to put faces to! I'm a'ways down fo' meetin' new people, so why da fuck not? I know Sylvie don' really feel da same 'bout it, but she's got a magnetizin' personality, whether she realizes or not. They're bound to love her in a snap, just like dat. I spot a band of teens, laughin' 'n bein' chummy 'n carryin' on, so I figure they're a good bunch to chill wit.

Gently, I tug Sylvie along wit me. "Aye yo, wanna mingle wit da house peeps? Yo!" I wave at all of 'em, stride goofy as fuck (hell yeah, I'm goofy--'n I'm proud) 'n smilin' big. "Mornin' mornin' to all y'all! Mind if we join da party?" My eyes land on the one dude. "Ahhh shit! I remember yo ass! Cyrus, right? What it do, homie!"

Edit Delete

Mobley Eats
Group moderator

Nov 25, 2018
Nov 25, 2018#9

Samuel Banks

I instantly realize that my Care Bear is opening up to me, a feat that I can only imagine requires a Herculean amount of courage and trust. Without missing a beat, I accept her hand and laugh tenderly at her adorable comment. Even through so much pain and aches and blistering memories, she manages to fight her way through and back to the surface. My baby girl is the strongest woman there ever was.

I just hope she realizes it's okay not to be strong sometimes.

"Silly me. I never took into account your nursing status, Care Bear." I gently bop myself on the noggin, eyes rolling in apparent exasperation. "I really must do better." However, my mood immediately sobers up as she begins to unravel. Slowly. Painfully. Uttering each word with the care and defeat of a woman who's experienced too much tragedy for one soul. Protective instincts flare up within me and presses painfully against the confines my being, unable to do anything about the past. Unable to go back and erase the pain. I wish I could do more for, my love. I wish I could give you everything and more.

I listen to her story without uttering a single word. The hand holding hers remains, my thumb gently stroking her knuckles, while the other focuses on cleaning her up. My insides drain, melt away into oblivion, leaving behind a numbness I desperately need in order to hear this without shattering into a million pieces.

"About what I said...Samuel when I was in high school, I...My powers were in nearly full bloom. I had them since I was a little kid, mama used to, or well, I used to trip around, I guess," she said, "No. She would raise me in a less...ethical manner."

My jaw clenched, but I forced myself to remain silent.

"I attempted to defend myself from getting hit one day and it happened. We...we switched bruises. I was horrified, I kept apologizing, I begged her not to do it again...and all she did was walk into the bathroom, then invited me in to show me how to hide bruises with foundation. She said 'Caroline, if you are ever faced with a problem like this, never let it get out.' And, I guess I kept that with me even to today."

I...don't know what to think. Her mother sounds...taxing, to put very lightly. If I speak with utter honesty, she sounds like a walking nightmare. A cold and detached nightmare. How could my baby girl stand any of this treatment?

I get up everyday, put on a face of smiles and confidence, while for the last week I've been crumbling. I...I was t-tortured when I was a senior in highschool--"

My head snaps up, the disinfectant completely forgotten. "What? Tor..." I can't bring myself to repeat it. Tortured? My heart? Tortured...The anger from before threatens to blister across my skin and reduce the tiles around me into ashes.

"I was researching powers because it f-fascinated me. I...Oh God I swear to God, I never, ever hurt a child. Never. Never never never." I know she wouldn't. I know that with every fiber of my heart and soul. My Care Bear...she holds nothing but a capacity to love like the God given gift she is. "But I did run tests. I asked them to use their powers. I asked them to do so in a controlled setting. I asked them to push themselves to a limit where they could reach their true strength, but then I realized that with stress came difficulty. I t-tried never to push them too hard but there was something that I realized...It's that powers relied on two things. Genetics, and environment."

I...I suppose they do. It would make sense. So many of the kids here are heavily reliant upon their surroundings and how they react to outside stimuli. The age long debate of nurture versus nature. However, my pain deepens as she reveals where she had disappeared too that one time--the hospital. Ch-Christ. "You...y-you were in the hospital? And I wasn't there to...w-wasn't there for you?" I feel sick again. The nausea and guilt burns like nothing I've ever felt before. My poor love was suffering and I was none the wiser. What...H-how could I do that to her? How could I be so...so damn clueless?

"The man...The man who took me..."

My heart plummeted below my feet. A horrible sting terrorized my eyes, but I refused to break my gaze from hers. "T-took you..." I don't need nor want any sort of hint as to further confirm my fears. Who would do this? Who would have the audacity...

"I saw him near my high school campus for a while. I think he was dealing something to the kids. He kept talking to them, and one day I found him stalking around in the labs, where all my research was. He...He caught me, tore up the research, and dragged me off."

"C-Care Bear...please..." I don't know what I'm pleading for. But I am. I'm begging. Wishing. Praying.

"R-remember that nightmare about being dragged?" I nod, faintly. Barely. "I...I have been having resurfacing nightmares for the last few weeks. S-scott knows about most of this, because he found me after the fact and took care of me when we realized that...Well...No one was looking." My insides flip at the sound of her sniffle and my grip tightens as a reflex, my hand trembling around hers. "I was held for five weeks Sammy...and no one came. N-no one. I wanted to tell you for so long. I was just scared. And...and because I didn't tell you about this, I ended up hurting you. I wouldn't b-blame you if y-you never wanted night time snuggles anymore."

I release a breath I had no idea I was even holding, the entirety of my faith in humanity fleeing with it and leaving nothing but a broken heart in its wake. I can't speak. I can't think. What am I supposed to say? How do I even function? I can't--that is the problem and root of my existence in this very moment. All that I can decipher is this amazing, powerful, vulnerable woman before me, and how I would burn the world in a fit of agony if it meant relinquishing her of further pain. The thought, no matter how brief, terrifies me.

Swallowing back tears and ultimately failing, I lean forward, gently pressing my forehead against hers and breathe in shakily. I kiss her, swiftly, meek, but overflowing with emotions that are impossible to form into words. She apologizes. My baby girl apologizes. She doesn't need to, never had to.

"I...I-I'm so sorry." I do so for her. If anything, I'm filled with a sorrow for her, an obligation to apologize on the world's behalf for raking her over the coals like a heartless, unstoppable force. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry...C-Christ, Love. I'm sorry..." I can't bring myself to say anything else. I mumble this over and over, my voice dying in volume until the syllables are distorted with pained sobs. I don't want to cry. Not while she needs me. But I can't help myself.

Edit Delete

Mobley Eats
Group moderator

Nov 25, 2018
Nov 25, 2018#10

Natalie Kross

I welcome myself in, absorbing the interior of the mansion with a critical eye. This place...is seriously extravagant, far more extravagant than I think suits Quinn's tastes. She's always been a fan of the simpler setting and avoids large establishments like the plague. So why did she choose this place to begin with? Did...Was her situation that desperate? How come she never told me? I...I would've worked something out with her. Would've gladly taken her in as a roommate or something, help that little sloth get off her feet and make a living, maybe snag a job at the mall, just so that little turd could come zipping around my stand and keep me company...

I shake the thoughts off. There's no reason to beat myself up about it. All I can do now is make up for it and figure out what in world is going on with Quinn. She'd never ignore my calls. Never.

"It certainly can be, but not all the residents here are homeless," Scott pipes up, tugging my attention away from scanning the area. "Generally these are just people who...don't always belong in society. I am more than happy to show you to her, do you know if there may be something the matter with her?"

I nod. "Please do. Now. The longer this takes, the more antsy I'm getting..." A brief pause, my lips pinching in thought. "And I'm sorry for...seeming as if I'm going to bite your head off. I worry so much about that woman, you know? She's...I know she's troubled, but I don't pry. I don't believe in that. I always figured that being friends and keeping each other company was all she needed, but...apparently, that's not the case. Not anymore." My hands clench into fists. "To be honest? I...I have no idea. I feel like there's something wrong, but I honestly have no idea. She keeps everything bottled up all the damn time, it's..." I sweep my hair back. Christ, Quinn. Just wait until I get my hands on you for stressing me out like this.

"It's so damn frustrating. I just want to make sure she's okay. Th-that's all I want."

I don't miss the way Scott's eyes fall to the floor like a zombie. Now that I'm looking at him more closer and with a clearer head...Jesus. This man hasn't seen proper sleep, it's obvious. I know sleep deprivation when I see it and he fits the bill perfectly. Guilt instantly wells up in me. Man...I admit it, I can be a serious bitch when I get emotional or worried. I just had to go and dump my anger onto him, didn't I?

I've got to get that in check...after I check on Quinn.

"Just...please, show me the way," I sigh tiredly. Apologetically.

Damon Valentine

"Good. I am glad you are doing well." I squirm in my place for a minute, continuing to happily stuff my mouth with food. I swallow as she tells me that she enjoys the mansion as well, my heart swelling with relief as she tells me she doesn't want to go back either. Thank God. I can manage to get her out if I am sly enough, and I am half way there. She's out of the cabin. She just...she just needs to go an extra mile. Stay in the mansion, or disappear into the neighboring towns. I don't think she would be alright with leaving me, which is what I know Warren is relying on. I bite my lip and glance up at her with a smile as her hand goes to grasp mine. She appears to stop in her tracks and my cheeks threaten to brighten. The recollection flashes in my mind and the color disappears in my mind. Just had to think of that, didn't I?

"Yeah. I am good. Promise." I wink at her reassuringly, grabbing one more apple before getting up as well. I head to the door and hold it open for her, bowing respectfully. "After you dear."

Cyrus Booker

Pure joy ripples across my lips as she boops her head onto my shoulder. I don't think I could ever find a cuter woman on the face of the planet Earth. Impossible! I dare to say, truly and utterly impossible to find someone who could surpass the loveliness and adorakableness of my darling Southern Belle. I try not to let a laugh escape me, although it has its chance to die down as she begins to hack. Once she is able to breathe again, and releasing a breath of my own, I lean over and pat her back. "Glad to see you have survived your maniacal cackle, Nellie Belly. Just be careful." With a pleasant smile, I reach up to rustle her hair before leaning back into my seat to witness the beauty that is Pen and Demi. Demi's sheepishness is beyond palpable, and when Pen manages to sneak in a tickle, it takes all of my self restraint not to burst into laughter.

I cover my mouth with the back of my hand and stifle down my laughter of joy, managing to hold it back long enough to regain my composure. My body threatens to shake with the contained chuckle.

"Love you too." I coo, watching as Helen softly patted the woman's back in comfort. The young blonde was smiling, controlled but jovial.

"You don't hate them sweetheart. You can't hate them. They are too good."

"Eh, speak for yourself my little golden munchkin." I cheekily send her a snap of the fingers, only to receive an eye roll.

"I take that back. Cyrus is mediocre."

"..." There is a brief pause between us as our gazes lock, the intensity in mine, with puckered lips and an attempt of seriousness, sending Helen into a near fit of giggles.

"I'm kidding. Oh my God stop it with that face...I am gonna burst my gut..." Helen's eyes screwed shut as she focused on relaxing her chuckles, which as she managed to open them once more caught the sight of me sticking my tongue out at her. She delved back into her minor fit of joy.

We both compose ourselves as the rest of the table says what they are grateful for. Helen is full on beaming as Pen and Demi say what they are grateful for, relieved to see that each and every one of us appeared happy.

Why is it when she is bright it feels like nothing could go wrong? "You did very good." I confirm with a sound nod, turning to Nellie as she began what she was grateful. My brow furrows with brief concern, but I relax as I realize she is safe and sound with us. She is...grateful for all of us. For having a family. I do notice she begins to rub her eyes and I discreetly lean over to kiss her head, taking a brief minute to nuzzle her hair. "Glad to have you in our family too, Nel. Love you." I hesitate to pull away, but once I do, I do as she asks. I begin to plate the bacon on each and everyone's plate.

"You know we used to give thanks for the animal the meat came from." Helen piped up lightly, already munching on the bacon. "Logan took advantage of that and began to name the animals to freak me out. it did for a while, but then I started jumping in." Helen paused, nearly inhaling the entire strip. She glances down with a blush. "Er, what can I say. Love bacon too much to give it up."

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Nov 26, 2018
Nov 26, 2018#12

Sylvia Sullivan

"I want to know how to protect myself, sis. I know you are going to be there for me always, but sometimes...well, sometimes I will be on my own. And I will need to know how to handle trouble if the time comes." A frown threatens to come to my lips. I know she will teach me well. How to protect myself and keep myself in complete shape. I still can't help but fear the possibility that something else will happen to me. I am only fourteen years of age, and I have already been trafficked by an evil organization, sold by my own mother, homeless and nearly starved...

The typical American lives between the ages of seventy to eighty. I have sixty more years of this possible bullcrap. I shudder lightly but decide to brighten up. Sissy needs me to be chipper, and I need her to be the same way. I just wish she'd open up to me like I am attempting to open up to her.

"Mmm." I threaten to tease her about her teasing, but for once just nudge my head against her hand as she ruffles my hair. I've never realized how deprived of genuine affection I had been until I met Kendra. And she is happy to continue to keep me content with this, which pleases me and makes me very jovial.

"Okay. I can do six hours." I mumble a promise, squeezing her hand in return before we get into the kitchen. I threaten to tense as I notice all the other people, but then I am able to recognize at least one. Kendra begins to pull me to the small group that has formed, a blush forming at my cheeks.

Oh come on Kendra...I have to socialize with people now.

"Hi." I finally manage to mumble, noticing the blonde man blinking at the two of us.

"Oh...God." He whispers, but it is loud enough for me to hear. I can sense the fear nearly radiating off of him, but it soon melts away. He swallows, looks at the girls around him, then back to Kendra.

"Hey girls! Helen, Nellie, Pen, Demi, er, I don't know if you have met them yet but...this is Kendra and Sylvia." He motions to the two of us, a smile on his face. I can still feel a small amount of fear.

"Pleasure." I greet, head tilting. "I hope we are not interrupting. Kendra just believes we should have some social time with the other members of the household." I try to smile. I hope we are not screwing up a breakfast get together. But then again...I guess spending time with people other than Kendra isn't a horrible idea. Its the worst idea.

Like Reply
Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Nov 26, 2018
Nov 26, 2018#13

Carrie Kimberly

His hand latched around mine sends me into a safer state of being, but I can still feel my heart swell with sorrow and regret as I relay my story to him. I can see the horror upon his demeanor, clear as day and shattering to my heart. I had to tell him one day, to be honest about why I dreamed what I did, how I healed what I can. My throat threatens to close entirely as I finish my story, my thumb gently brushing against his knuckles as I attempt to rapidly soothe him. I feel like I am going to panic, any moment in the near future. I shouldn't have let him know everything. It hurts him, it hurts him so much and I...I should have kept my mouth shut. I should have kept my mouth shut.

"Sweetie...I am so sorry. Please don't cry, I am so so sorry." I whisper to him, voice cracking. I place my hands against his cheeks, placing my lips to his forehead as I attempt not to shiver. "I am so sorry. I shouldn't have said all of that. I am okay now, I promise Sammy I promise." My eyes screw shut as I continue to hold him, brushing away any stray tears from his eyes. "I promise I am okay. I just...I needed to be honest with you. I needed you to know why what happened...happened..."

I don't see him at first. The crowd of people is much too big for me to pinpoint specific faces and names. Too many people, examining me, examining the other seniors as their bodies moved freely along the college campus. I didn't expect so many people to be interested in the program they offered. Show a little thesis, make a presentation, get a scholarship if your thesis wasn't completely torn to shreds. I had enough in my compilation of evidence to further prove my thesis, but I couldn't help but be a tad bit worried. I didn't write down specific names of test subjects, nor took any proper videos. If they wanted, they could easily suggest I fabricated the research. But that didn't matter, not when I first saw him.

I had to admit. He was a handsome man, and when he sent a smile my way a little shiver danced down my back. I figured he could have been a college student, his hair neatly tucked back, his blazer pleasing his shape nicely. His smile...it was innocent. Playful. Wolfish.

The scary thing was, I wasn't afraid. I smiled back.

I swallow nervously as I brush his hair from his face hurriedly, biting my lip enough to the point where it throbbed. I sigh lowly and do anything in my power to keep myself from crumbling entirely. "Sammy, I am okay. You don't need to apologize for anything at all. I am...I am okay. Please. Please do not be upset. I am what I am now, and the past is the past." His smile remains burned into the back of my skull. "It's okay...my love...it's okay..."

Tegan
I seemed to be breaking through to her as she laughed about the mall but the smile then faded as she seemed to be post in thought.
"Seriously? You really...that's...That's awesome to hear. Seriously, so awesome. And great. To really be your...b-best friend...it means a lot to me." She then says to me but then followed by saying," "But even then, I can't be selfish. I shouldn't have...sh-shouldn't have gotten close to you. Shouldn't have gotten attached. All I'm doing is putting you at risk, Tegan."
"What are you talking about putting me at risk." I say still so confused. As I had then pointed out her ankle, she quickly covered it and looked away from me. I couldn't believe she had tied herself. She then digs her nails into her scalp I gently grabbed her hand again to stop her from hurting herself again and frown not wanting her to hurt herself. She then says she has DID..or a multiple personality.
I get quiet to let her finish what she was talking about as it seemed like she was having a hard time saying this and I was having a hard time processing this. She told me her other self or whatever was evil and tricky. That she could do horrible things.
"That's why, Tegan...that's why you need to just leave and...f-forget about me. Okay? I'm...I'm doing this for you. Please." She then says hiding her face in her hands. I looked at her not sure what to say or do. How could I have not known she was hurting so much.
"I honestly don't know what to say to this." I say to her then looked at her then bite my lip," I can't just promise I am going to forget you or anything. I mean you're still my best friend. I can't just leave you like this."
It hurt me to see her like this.

Violet

"Morning "I say back to him glad to see him and blush as he kissed my forehead. He leaned down teasingly and nuzzled my nose to tease me, I blush more. I slyly looked down, I was still getting use to this although it's not like I dislike it at all. He seemed more efficient then me even calling me sweetheart. I let him in and close the door. He tells me how he just came to check up on me.

"You didn't have to. Thank you, that so sweet." I say to him with a smile. He always saved me muffins for breakfast just because he knew how much I loved them. I take the basket happily, and it felt nice to have somebody I knew cared for me like this.

"Oh yeah I don't mind." I say as he takes a muffin.

"I see you've been looking over the journal." He then says after noticing the book I had out that I had been reading as he is finishing the muffins and ruffles my hair. I nod and noticed that he seemed to be thinking about the book…he seemed to have freaked out the last time of reading this book.

"Yeah..I've been trying to since I just started learning brail so it is kinda going slowly. Even though I kinda stayed up trying to read it" I admit, "So far I haven't read anything new about it although the. messages were very sweet. I wondered what happened to them."

I hoped nothing bad, I think as I took a muffin and started eating one. The place also seemed to be very…different. I kinda liked the place but there were some things that seemed out of place like secret passageways, along with the locks on the door. I wondered if Scott knew something.

"Oh yes, it is very sweet for them to make this for her." I say agreeing with him. The book seemed to have so much care and love put into it.

(YES I would like to see it lol)

Itzlie

We finished the dishes and I start putting them away. Although I knew there would probably be more coming with some of them not finishing eating yet.

She says how it is alright and I bite my lip thinking about how this wasn't fair at all. It would probably be a long road for them.

"I am sure they will be happy to learn that you are still alive. I know I was." I say with a smile. I was happy to learn about my brother being alive and I was glad to meet Jennifer.

"Hu..you would want me to join you? Of course. "I say with a nod. I would be happy to be there for emotional support for her. It must be very difficult to try and adjust to what happened along with going back to family. I wondered how my family would react when Ivan coming back.

"I can't say I understand what you are going through as I….honestly can't imagine what you might be going through. What I can say though is that they probably missed you a lot.I do not think it is weird at all though." I say," I will be there to help you if you need any support though."

Like Reply
Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Dec 7, 2018
Dec 7, 2018#15

Scott Carmichael

"I understand the concern, miss. Trust me, I know what it feels like to see someone you care about bottle it all up." My lips threaten to crease into a frown. Not addressing this issue led to divorce, arguments, or worse of all, the theft of my cooking. The last one was a little less extreme than the other two, but I consider breakfast to be vastly important. Mm...I wonder if there was any more toast.

"I will take you to her. I will admit, she has not been very social the past week." I did not mention the stress of the kidnappers or the sudden friendship that seemed to blossom between her and Carrie, which as I was informed had been due to some emotional trauma. "One of the assistants tries to check up on her daily, but I think miss Quinn is exhausted." Reassuring her, I begin to lead her upstairs towards the children's rooms. I notice that the hallway seems particularly quiet, the remains of last weeks endeavor appearing to disappear before my very eyes. While there was some remaining damage, it almost felt like home again.

I hear speaking from Quinn's room, although I notice it to be very faint as I walk down the hall. It sounds like someone has finally broken down the wall of social nerves, relieving some stress within me. "Miss Quinn?" I call out gently as I knock on the side of her door. "A miss Kross is here to see you."

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

❤Alex❤
Group moderator

Dec 13, 2018
Dec 13, 2018#16

Tegan
I am sitting outside of Quinn's room trying to remain calm. I still didn't know how to take the news she shared with me but I knew i didn't want to lose her as a friend. I then hear some people coming and jumped surprised by the sudden noise. I hear Scott and another person...a women. As they get closer it recognized her as the one from the mall.
What was her name again?, i think trying to remember. I don't know if they noticed me as I remained silent as they passed me going to Quinns rooms. I just remain quiet as they knocked on her door. I wondered if they would be able to get Quinn out.
I was still worried about her but also nervous. With everybody coming over to check on her I was worried Quinn would just retreat into her own shell again.
I couldn't help but find the irony as Quinn said how she was always alone but here there was me, that women from the mall, Carrie, and even Scott.
"I..don't think she is going to answer." I say. I was not very worried about Quinn especially after seeing how Quinn had chained herself. I decided though I wasn't going to share what I had learned as I don't think i was something for me to share.

Like Reply
Edit Delete

❤Alex❤
Group moderator

Dec 13, 2018
Dec 13, 2018#17

Rina

"Yeah I mean it's nice here…although it is kinda complicated." I admit to him and sighed, it felt good to admit it to him" I mean it's so nice here and I mean the only place I know is the lab..and the place with Warren."

I was also afraid of being in this nice place is just too good and that it can be taken away anytime. I wondered if Damon felt the same way.

I smiled and get up glad as he says he is fine which made me happy. I laughed a little seeing him bow. I head out walking with him down to go outside. As we walked outside. I nervously messed with my gloves looking down at my hands.

Why did I try to grab his hand and why I still wanted to grab his hand, I think shaking my head trying to shake that feeling off. I couldn't help it and grabbed his hand as we walked down the hall trying not to make this weird.

Don't make this weird, I think to myself as I looked away not saying anything wondering why I wanted to hold his hand..I mean friends held hands right?. As we head outside to the door I turned to the house. It was a very impressive house and I felt like I climbing to climb onto the roof just for fun. Like I would do in Warrens place when I wanted to get away.

Sakamoto

"Yeah Itzlie seems to be making friends with her." I then said. I was still curious about what happened to them. My thoughts again about how Jack and Alexander were looking into this whole thing," I do wonder about the other ones."

I then look and see her blush as she answered my question seeming to be taken by surprised. Honestly, I didn't know why I decided to suddenly ask besides curiosity. After she answered I noticed she gets quiet and seems very embarrassed. I was very tempted to tease her but decide against it.

"Sorry for suddenly asking. It has been bugging me…." I say to her clearing my throat. I honestly still didn't get why she liked me to be honest. I didn't think there was anything specifically impressive about me..and I still felt bad I couldn't protect her more from the attack. Although I was still surprised, I didn't realize it sooner.

Alexander

(I can't wait for the protestors because that is going to be interesting for Alexander)

I just remain quiet watching this train wreck as it seems that guy, who I believed was named Ivan, hear what Jack had been saying. This was hilarious…I couldn't believe he was just standing there.
But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

I just take a sip of my drink as jack tries to get himself out of the hole, he dug himself into. I hear what Jack says and tries not to laugh. Especially after Ivan seems to buy what Jack said about Chiseled jaw Jennifer.
Ivan apologizes and seems to give us the info that they don't remember anything that happened…none of them do. Ivan then seems to look down sadly and I see him clench his fist upset. I open my mouth to say something but stop myself..what was I going to say? Hey are you alright? That would be a stupid question of course after being mind controlled for years you wouldn't be alright.

Ivan

I raised an eyebrow at the boy named jack seemed very nervous.

"Oh sorry didn't mean to scare you." I say," I just thought you guy were talking about what happened to us."

"Chiseled jaw Jennifer I never heard that before. Don't worry I wont tell her" I say with a little laugh. I see Jennifer hanging out with Itzlie. I am glad she doesn't seem to notice I was out here. I then turn my attention back to the two boys.

"Anyways, If you want to know…we aren't going to be any help. Honestly none of us can remember anything." I admit to them sadly. All those years where gone..but maybe it was for the best we couldn't remember. I let out a sigh as I looked down clenching my fist. I didn't know what to feel as I had so many thoughts about what had happened still running through my head. I was angry at the people that took me…about all the time they had taken, sad about all the things I missed out on, but mostly I felt lost.

Andre Hector

"Yes, I know I had to. You love these things more than anything else. I've seen the wild look in your eyes without them." I tease her, stuffing the food happily into my mouth. Swallowing after a moment, I realize now that she has been learning braille in order to translate the journal. I tap my fingers against my thigh as I think back to what I was able to translate. It was mostly romantic notes back and forth, as Violet confirmed once again. I did confirm the change in braille I felt earlier seemed to be a false memory, and am relieved that this was confirmed when Violet didn't sense anything bizarre. So far so good.

"If you need help learning and translating I am here to help." I offer her, my brow raising. "I have to admit, I had another visit from the grey lady today. It was...weirder than the other visits." I rub my temple, somewhat uncertain about telling her what I saw in this morning's dream. Instead, I say "She made me dance around the room. Called me a different name, but I can't remember what. She hadn't said much more than that." Clearing my throat, I hesitantly reach for another muffin. I am not particularly hungry, but it distracts me for the moment.

"Among other things, she hasn't really pestered me this week. She seems angry about last week still, regarding the kidnappers hurting the mansion. She recommends we stay vigilant, though." My brow furrows. "If there's any more information she is bound to tell me. If not, well, we can handle it."

Jennifer Clemons

"Mm. I need to call. I think that's the best way to start." I confirm to myself, bobbing my head. I imagined Jonah still had the same cellphone number, if not, the house phone I would imagine didn't change over the course of two years. Best options were either Jonah or dad, but I wasn't entirely sure about their possible reactions.

It was at least worth a shot. "Thank you Itzlie, you have no idea how much this means to me." I offer a gentle smile at her, bouncing my elbow gently off her arm. "It's been two years I'd rather regain. I suppose it starts with me crashing the family gatherings." I pucker my lips in thought. "I won't start the drama until later today, though. I need to figure out some assistant stuff here. Besides, if I recall their schedule, they should be out doing some intense wilderness hiking right about now. Better not to interrupt."

Damon Valentine

(Sure friends hold hands Ri)

"It's nicer than what we've got, Ri. Although, I have to admit, doesn't beat old mom and dad's house." I smile thinly to myself. It may have been small, and it sure as hell wasn't as expansive or as luxurious, but there was something homey about it. It didn't feel so...so big. "We'll figure it out." I promise as we make our way outside, the fresh air colliding with my face like a pillow filled with bricks. I grimace briefly, although the sensation shimmers into a more pleasing experience. "Ah...Not a bad day at all out here you know?"

I feel something I don't expect. Her hand slips into mine, holding on with a feather light touch. I freeze momentarily, not wishing to do something that could possibly scare her away. I resist the urge to squeeze her hand, instead just allowing it to happen and shooting a smile back at her. I see her eyes shoot towards the roof and I bump her side. "You know, if you really wanted, I could teleport us up there for a little bit. I don't think Scott would mind a bit."

Winnifred Rivers

"No. Don't be sorry for asking, it's a valid question." I reassure him with a nod, offering a little smile. "I guess it just sort of happened, you know? You were sweet and I thought you were cute. Thats the easiest way I can explain it." I shrug, still somewhat flustered. I bump my elbow with his. "How about you, little interrogator? When did you start feelin the magic?" I wave my fingers for added dramatic affect, although I let them drop back to my sides after a moment, feeling somewhat sheepish. "Of course you don't have to answer, I'm...Im just curious. That's all."

Jack Winchester

(Don't worry Jack'o'boy will hold him back)(...watching this trainwreck. Alexander you precious)

"It's my brand new nickname for her. Don't worry, even she doesn't know about it." I wave my hand dismissively. "But you've got to admit, that jawline of hers. Damn. My soul has been cleansed." I begin to pull at my collar, although that was more nervousness than it was being flustered. My gaze follows over to Jennifer and Itzlie, surprised to realize how well those two women had gotten along. Jennifer just slid right into routine. I wonder if that was the only way she could feel comfort. It would make sense. Structure and routine were enough to comfort some people, and if what I had gathered earlier on her about being in the military meant anything...This was probably the best form of therapy.

"That...is actually helpful." I point out to him as he mentions not being able to remember anything. "believe it or not, that confirms something. It may not be the names and faces of the bastards who took you, but it proves that all three of you went through similar trauma. An M.O. of sorts."I swallow, hoping that would make him feel better at all.

I stare down at his clenched fist, and without thinking about it Jacqueline begins to take over. Slowly, I reach out to uncurl his fingers. "Don't freak out." Jacqueline's voice escapes me as I shift back to her.

Squirming slightly in my seat, I readjust into the seat and I take his hand in mine. I slowly encase both of my hands over him, offering a smile. "I want you to know that you aren't alone here, and no matter how much grief or uncertainty...there is a way to get to the bottom of what happened. I think one of the best things you can do is talk to someone about how you feel. Even if you aren't sure precisely what happened. Even speaking with people like Jennifer and the other man. It will help. Even if you don't remember what happened...you can still be a help. Trust me. We want to help you very badly, Ivan. I promise. We do." Slowly, I release my hand and look back at Alexander. I offer him a wink. "It's a good thing I changed when I did. Poor Jack seemed to be a tad tongue tied."

Shaddup. Mean woman.

Like Reply
Edit Delete

❤Alex❤
Group moderator

Jan 4, 2019
Jan 4, 2019#2

Violet

"Very funny" I say and laughed as he teased me. He then stuffed some of the food into his mouth and I also take a bite out of one of my muffins. I see him look at the book and think of something getting silent although it could also be that he was eating the muffin, but it seemed like he was thinking of something.

"If you need help learning and translating, I am here to help." He says as he offers to teach me braille, seeming to change the subject.

"Oh yes I would love that." I say with a smile. It would be nice to have the help with learning as it was slow reading with just learning," so far I have only been able to translate the first couple pages."

He then changed the subject to the grey lady. He tells me how she had him dance around the room and called him a different name. I tilted my head confused wondering what he had seen.

"You alright?" I asked him. I still didn't get why the book had freaked him out that one time, and if something had happened, he still hadn't told me. I also wasn't surprised to hear that the grey lady wasn't happy.

"Yeah I mean she seems to really care about this place and it still is kinda a mess so I wouldn't be surprised that she isn't happy." I then say.

"Hopefully if something is going on the she will tell. I mean I am sure that she wouldn't want anything else to happen." I then say, although I hoped she forgave him and not hold so much of a grudge," although I agree I am sure we would be able to handle it."

(Oh my I am waiting till Violet meets Warren..it will be horrible)

Itzlie

"Yes, I agree, making a call is the best first step." I say trying to encourage her with a gentle smile.

"So, have any idea who you are going to call first? I'll be there to help as moral support." I say with a smile. She could use the office phone….

I understood why she would be nervous, but she really should call. She then thanks me as she then elbows me with a smile. I smile back at her. She then mentions about the hiking.

"O-oh yeah." I say I had forgotten," I also still need to set up that movie night for tonight that Scott had been wanting."

I had planned to ask for help with the movie night earlier but with everything that happened it had gotten pushed back. I make a mental note to work on that movie night after I was done helping with the dishes.
"Anyways you have been a big help to." I then say to her with a smile grateful. I wondered if she was helping to push back the thoughts of what was going, or felt bad about what she did. Doing this out of guilt.

Like Reply
Edit Delete

Mobley Eats
Group moderator

Jan 7, 2019
Jan 7, 2019#3

Demi Locklear

Heh...for fuck's sake Chipmunk. I know I dubbed her with that nickname, but watching that girl inhale bacon quicker than air's got me wondering if she really does have some sort of rodent in her DNA. Cuz like, goddamn. She could fit an assload of food in her cheeks. Is winter coming or some shit...? Eh, fuck it. I don't care about the seasons anyway. "Giving thanks to the meats we eat," I grumble, snagging a strip of bacon and gnawing on it thoughtlessly, half of it just jutting out of my mouth like a giant toothpick, "I know I done said this before, Chipmunk, but Logan sounds like the best damn brother around." Well...second best. Koda is and always will be the best damn brother...Damn, I gotta banish this shit from my head. Not right now. I can't do this right now.

"Th-that sure is a big compliment," Pen notes with a small grin. She takes a second to eat her own bacon...Okay. No. Fuck that. Reverse. Scratch that. She didn't eat the fucking strip. She nibbled on that shit. Nibbled. Like some kinda mouse. Ha! Seriously?? That's fucking hilarious! Like, in the same way you see a puppy chase it's tail kinda cute, ya know?

I lean forward, crossing my arms on the table as I quirk an eyebrow at Pen Drop. "So what if it is? You got a problem with big compliments now?"

She shrugs, slapping on that innocent act--that I know isn't real you can't fool me goddammit. "Just m-making observations."

My eyes narrow. "Why the hell you always making observations over here, huh? Take a damn picture--"

"I-it'll last longer, I know," Pen giggles, still nibbling away at that same damn piece of bacon. Bitch.

"Oi!" I snap back loudly. And yet, dammit...fucking dammit shitty hell, I can't hold back a damn stupid grin. How does she keep doing that voodoo bullshit to me? "Manners, Twiglet. We're at a damn table. Ya parents never told you how to let peeps finish their sentences?"

Pen Drop shrugs, biting her bottom lip and apparently trying not to laugh. Cheeky little shit. "But I just d-did."

I glare even harder at her.

"T-take a picture, it'll last l-longer." She's barely able to get that out before giggling again, a hand falling over her mouth. Hey--at least the damn girl finished that singular and pathetic strip of bacon. But still...fuck you, Pen Drop. You think you're sooo damn smart!

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha." I make sure to crank up the dryness behind that laugh up to nine thousand. Taste the salt of my sarcasm, Twiglet. The bacon's salt is nothing compared to mine, dammit.

"Ohhh my god you two, just hurry up and kiss already."

I jab a finger in Pen's direction. "And another thing, you unoriginal line-stealing--" I choke on air, whipping around in Cyrus and the bloodbender's direction. "The fuck did you just say?!"

Bloodbender just bashes her evil eyelashes, avoiding eye contact with me like I'm the black plague. Oh. You. Bitch--

"Hi."

WHAT THE FUCK IS IT NOW??

Next thing I know, Cyrus is sound nervous and shit while introducing us to...who the fuck are they? I've never seen them around before. Newbies, I guess. Eh...Not like I really care. I don't need to know new people; this band of fudos right here are more than enough. What's the point? So, I just ignore them altogether and keep eating. Fuck that. The most I give out is a grunt, but that's about it.

Kendra Lindler

D'aww, look at my sis gettin' all social 'n shit! I'm proud of her, tho I know dis ain't her comfort zone. Like, I ain't blind or stupid; I know she don' really like talkin' t'others 'n stuff, but I feel like a lil practice don' hurt nobody. Besides, Sylvie's got a bomb ass personality 'n I want other peeps 'round dis mansion to know dat. They're missin' out, ya know? Loopin' an arm 'round Sylvie's shoulders, I shoot everyone a finger gun. Heh. Dat's a'ways a fun greetin'.

"Wassup! Glad to meet all y'all. My sis 'n I just got here a lil while ago, just thought we'd grab some grub 'n new homies dis mornin', ya know? So uh," I put a hand on my chest, smilin' a lil, "My power's guardian 'n shit, Syl's all 'bout dat emotion magic. Like, dope ass emotion magic. Shit's amazin'. What 'bout y'all?"

A pause.

Huh...a'ight. A'ight. I'm feelin' dis atmosphere. We off to a damn good start, if I say so my own damn self.

Some of 'em just look at me, like dis one girl wit a beanie. Uh...Pen? I think? Yeah, Pen. Pen just kinda stares a bit, den shifts b'fore sayin' in dis quiet ole lil voice, "Um...h-hello, Kendra. Sylvia. N-nice to meet you." She smiles a bit. "Th-those are wonderful p-powers. Mines are, well, m-mentally based."Ahhh shit. I know dis tone of voice. Dat's discomfort, mutha fuckas. Pen don' like talkin' bout her powers, huh...Eh, I should've seen dat comin'. I kinda feel like an ass now fo' askin'...

"Gravity manipulation," anothuh girl says. Oh yeah! Nellie! Right? Fuck, hope dat's right. Dis a lot of names...Gah! I'll get it. I'll get da hang of it, no prob! Just gotta...repeat dat shit fo' a lil while. Nellie da blonde. Nellie da blonde. Nellie da blonde--...When she got dat pale? Bitch--is my eyes workin' right? She wasn't dat color two minutes ago, I know it...

Meh. I ain't gonna get on nobody bout their skins 'n shit. Ain't my business. You do you, Nellie da blonde. We all damn beautiful in our ways, anyway. "Dat's dope as fuck," I say, shovin' my hands into my pockets...Man, I gotta go bowtie shoppin' when I get da chance. 'N da money. Heh, kinda need dat shit...I oughtta look into gettin' a job 'round here or somethin'. Would Sylvie be cool wit dat? Won' be able to keep an eye on her at all times, but...gah! Fuckin' shit. Man, I'll talk wit her 'bout it later. I look on ovuh at da dude we meet b'fore 'n...Helllllllga...Helen! Haha--nailed it, mutha fuckas."What 'bout y'all?"

Edit Delete

❤Alex❤
Group moderator

Jan 25, 2019
Jan 25, 2019#5

Rina
(Shhhhhh haha friends do hold hands lol not really but you know)
I hold onto his hand not looking at him embarrassed..friends held hands. This was fine
He doesn't seem to be making a big deal out of it either so I am fine, I think to myself
I listen to him talk about his home....although I never had a place like that.
"Sounds wonderful." I say to him," I do agree this place does seem rather big."
Big really was an understatement. I mean the place was impressive. I also liked having a room that wasn't a closet.

"You know, if you really wanted, I could teleport us up there for a little bit. I don't think Scott would mind a bit." He then says as he seemed to notice me looking at the roof.
"Yeah sure." I say with a smile at the offer," I'm sure scott wouldn't mind."

Like Reply
Edit Delete

Mobley Eats
Group moderator

Feb 4, 2019
Feb 4, 2019#6

Quinn Kimberly

I nearly jump out of my own skin when I feel Tegan's fingers close around my wrist, removing my nails from my scalp. Dammit... Dammit, dammit, dammit! Even after I told her what was wrong with me, why I'm such a hopeless and dangerous freak, she's still working so hard to take care of me. It doesn't make any sense. She knows now. So, she should just leave me...

God, why does this have to be so difficult?

"I honestly don't know what to say to this." My gaze snaps up to meet hers, watery and wide with bubbling confusion. "I can't just promise I am going to forget you or anything. I mean you're still my best friend. I can't just leave you like this." Slowly, I envelope her hand in both of mines, grip firm as I shake my head with a weak laugh.

"Don't worry... it... i-it'll be far easier than you think to forget. You'll want to, eventually." I flash her a bittersweet small, barely reaching my dull eyes. "That's how it always goes, right?" And before I give her a chance to protest, to knock down yet another feeble brick from my defenses, I retreat back into my room, leaving her alone in the hallway. Alone. I'm leaving her alone. Christ... I'm the worst person alive, aren't I? No contest. I just... sit there, my back to the door once more, listening with bated breath to hear Tegan's retreating footsteps. But they never come. She doesn't leave. And that's mind-boggling. Insane. Illogical. Damn stubborn and just... It just keeps reminding me of why I got attached in the first place. This isn't good.

A knock at the door.

"Miss Quinn?" Scott? The world is he doing outside my room-- "A miss Kross is here to see you."

I swear my heart all but stops and splatters to the floor. He... h-he can't be serious. Kross? Natalie Kross? The same one from the mall? My... my... I'm going to be sick. People are gathering now, pressing down on me. I can literally feel a pressure anchoring me down through the floorboards. Soon, I'll be submerged, struggling to breathe, vision tinting black, lungs burning with panic--No! Quinn, get yourself together! "You're fine, you're fine, you're fine, you're fine... you're... fine..." I whisper this mantra under my breath over and over, vibrations traveling through my limbs.

"Quinn...? Quinny, please tell us what's going on." It's Nat again. I've never heard that much vulnerability and fear in her voice; if she's anything, she's the perfect epitome of fearless. Fiery. Passionate. And now, her tone has been reduced to this--because of me? Me? "You've been quiet and holed up in there. N-not even returning my calls or texts... The hell's going on? Talk to us.Please."

Something aches and twists ruthlessly in my chest, my throat clenching up. Nat... Tegan... What am I even doing? I'm a damnable mess. I... I don't have the slightest clue what to do with myself anymore. I'm just a lost kid. No, lesser than that. A confused little imaginary friend. I don't deserve people like them, don't deserve their care and worry and time. My head meets the door once more, mouth running dryer than cotton. "I... Nat, I can't," I whimper.

"I'm not leaving until you come out or t-tell us what's wrong." There's that fire again. The sternness. But Nat's always remarkable in the way that she carries her heat with a gentleness about it. You can sense the genuine emotion without fail or struggle--

Bzzz-bzzzt!

A buzzing. My cellphone. It lays on my bedside table, untouched and collecting dust, but lighting up all the same with what I can assume to be an endless list of unread notifications.

"Read it," Nat says. It should be impossible, but her voice is softer than before and I swear something shatters inside me. It hurts. It hurts like hell, but it pushes me to slowly crawl over. The brightness of the screen is harsh and makes me squint, but as soon as I open the most recent text, my eyes begin to water for an entirely different reason.

I miss you, stupid. Come out and stop being a dummy.

Natalie Kross

I cradle my phone tightly, the case straining under the pressure. I hope it works. I hope it does something. Anything. This entire situation is making my nerves shoot through the roof. It doesn't help that Quinn's friend, Tegan, is standing outside her door as well. What in the hell is even going on?

I turn to Tegan, voice shaky and dipped in trepidation as I ask, "Tegan... What's going on with Quinn? You have any idea w-what's causing this?"

Samuel Banks

Honest.

"I promise I am okay. I just..."

Honest.

"I needed to be honest with you. I needed you to know why what happened...happened..."

My Care Bear is too good for this world and any other found eons into the future. Bringing this up, telling me every single heart-wrenching detail and surviving enough to comfort me... My God. I don't deserve such an angle in my life, especially when even I haven't been... h-haven't been honest with her... Another sob twists my lungs into knots, the ability to breathe growing heavier with every passing moment. I shake my head as she says that I don't need to apologize, something acidic and bitter gnawing away at my insides.

I'm awful. Purely awful.

"N-no... no... Baby girl, I do need to a-apologize. I... Y-you trust me enough to tell me so much about your p-pain and the things you've went through. Just..." I presses another kiss to her knuckles, hands trembling around her own as my breath stutters. My wet eyes lock with hers, pure plea for forgiveness glimmering in them. Please forgive me, Care Bear. Please don't hate me. I... I won't know how to possibly function if you did. "You t-tell me all of this and yet I've kept... k-kept things from... you," I whisper, my voice hoarse as my throat clenches upon itself.

Slowly, filled to the brim with scalding fear, I press her palm flush against my heart. "Baby girl... no matter what I tell you, please... Please. Remember that this heart b-beats for you and e-entirely you. It lives to see you smiling and h-happy and safe and loved and..." Another sob nearly escapes me, but I bite it back in time and fall silent a moment. My next words escape me in a rushed, breathless murmur, "This isn't my body." My vision drops from hers, succumbing to my own weakness. "This isn't me but... it's a-also me."

Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Mar 3, 2019
Mar 3, 2019#8

Andre Hector

"Mm." I mumble through a mouthful of food, content with the events of the morning. Tapping the spine of the book, I claim less than eloquently. "First few pages is pretty good. You shouldn't have too much trouble, its just gonna take some time. Most of it is love letters from what I remember. Whoever wrote it sure did take the time to write it all out. My guess is the receiver of the letters probably was the one who put it in the book. Bound them all up to keep. I can't remember if there are specific dates, but that might help."

"Er, I'm alright. It's just all incredibly weird." I confirm, wondering how in hell the grey lady was even able to put me into that illusionary state. My guess is whoever the man was, must have written those letters. Surely...Grey Lady most likely was then the receiver. I wonder what would happen if I had showed her the book...

Perhaps not just yet. No. I need to understand more of this before I fully delve into this mess. I fear her enough anyway as it is. Might as well try and learn more before chucking a book full of letters straight into her ghastly face. Good idea. At least. I would hope so.

"It's gonna be alright. Although I fear, like many women in my life, I screwed up and need to repay her in one way or another." I chuckle softly, although the sentiment is somewhat genuine. Swallowing, my fingers once again drum along the spine of the book. "I just...fear. Quite a bit."

(Heh)

Jennifer Clemons

"Think my dad or my older brother might take the news the best. I just need to check to see if their phone numbers are the same. This is the only time in modern age where a phone book would be appreciated, you know, beyond ripping them in half." I try and chuckle, although it's halfhearted. I can feel my heart threaten to break out of my chest in protest. I wanted life to return somewhat to normal, but I also knew well that they could have adjusted after two years. I wasn't sure if life was better if I came back or not. No. No. If Jonah or Evan had gone missing, and returned after so long, I knew I would have not stopped embracing them and refusing to let them go. A ragged sigh threatened to ruin the jovial facade I placed along my demeanor.

"Oh! Movie night would be really fun." I claim, some of the warmth returning to my cheeks. I grin. "Have I missed any really good movies in the last two years? Or are most of them sequels and such? Were the last few Star Wars any good? Wasn't there another Marvel movie? Or like, fifteen hundred/"

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

❤Alex❤
Group moderator

Mar 3, 2019
Mar 3, 2019#9

Alexander
(hehe)
I again try not to laugh as I watch this trainwreck that is happening right in front of me as Jack continues to run with talking about Jennifer's Jawline. I wonder is how Ivan was going to take this.
"It's my brand new nickname for her. Don't worry, even she doesn't know about it." I wave my hand dismissively. "But you've got to admit, that jawline of hers. Damn. My soul has been cleansed." Jack said and I looked at him raising an eyebrow like….really?
Jack seems to grow more nervous as he talks although he did have a point with Ivan not remembering anything. I still kinda felt bad for Ivan. Suddenly Jack starts turning into Jacqueline comes out and uncurls Ivan's figures. She then winked at me after making fun of Jack and I chuckled.
"Yeah he was." I say at the comment of Jack getting tongue tied.
Ivan just stood there and blinked seeming very surprised.
"You alright?" I asked Ivan.

Ivan
I forget about everything surprised by what I just saw.
"You alright." Alexander asked me and I nod
"Yeah, I was just surprised." I say then looked around.
"Is everyone else here….like me and has powers?" I then asked. It was strange as ever since I was little, I was the only one who I knew that was like me. I didn't know how to explain what I was feeling as I looked around at these kids that had powers. I then noticed my sister there and gets down to hide as I disappear again.
"Sorry but there is someone I would rather not see me." I then say to them invisible.

Violet
He tells me that it is mostly love letters and whoever made it took the time to write it out. Although I wondered why Andre had seemed freaked out when he read some pages…
"Yeah, I can tell," I say It wasn't like the book was small at all. It really was a sweet sentiment to the person. I was still curious about what happened to them. From what I knew off hand I knew this place was closed before.
"I know we are going to look some of the history of the place..but I wonder if we should ask Scott if he knows anything." I then say. He seemed nice and if he didn't know then there was nothing to lose, and if he did, he might have some information that isn't in the public records.
"Although we might want to leave out the part about finding the book in a secret room and stuff." I then say figuring it would be better to be safe and not tell. I take another muffin looking at Andre wondered what he thought about that.
"So, you danced, and you were somebody else in the dream…it does sound weird." I say with a nod," When was the last time you saw her while you were awake?"
I know she was mad about what happened, but I wondered what she was trying to tell or what she knew. I looked over at Andre and saw that he seemed nervous as he drummed along the spine on the book then admitted to being kinda afraid. I gently grabbed his hand and squeezed it gently trying to comfort him not really knowing what to say. The Grey Lady couldn't stay mad forever. Right? Especially if something was going to happen. Although I blushed a little hoping holding his hand like this was alright.

Itzlie
I laughed at her joke about the phone book.
"When you are ready I really do think you should call." I say again to her being supportive but not wanting to force her althoght I was tempted to hand her my cell phone. I didn't know what her home life was like but I am sure they would love to know that she is back. I could understand though her relutance at calling them after two years…
"Do you still remember the numbers?" I asked her curious how well her memory was.
I smile glad as she seemed kinda excited at the idea of a movie night.
"I did not watch the Last Star Wars movie, to be honest…as for Marvel they did release a couple in the last two years.," I then say to her," I saw them and I thought they were reallllly good, but that is all I am going to tell."
I look at her with a grin not wanting to spoil any of the movies she had missed.
"Although out of curiously who is your favorite Marvel superhero?" I asked raising an eyebrow. I then think I see my brother in the corner of my eyes but he then suddenly disappeared. I couldn't tell if I was seeing things or if it was actually him. I bite my lip.

Sakamoto
She tells me she thought I was cute and stuff and I blushed a little..she then asked me the same question.
"Honestly I don't know when. I know I thought of you as a good friend…and the more I hung out with you the more I liked you. I was surprised thought that you would like me back. You would actually be the first girl " I admit shly looking down. She would be the first girl being like this with.
"Honestly it's kinda funny." I then say with a slight chuckle,"I honestly had thought you liked Alexander."

Sylvia Sullivan

There is almost a twinge of jealously in my gut as I overhear bits and pieces of their conversation. Normal. Familial. Giving thanks. Teasing one another. Begging the others to kiss, as if life was nothing but giggles and getting over one's romantic infatuation with another. I can't keep the expression that currently lingers over my visage, for I know it does not match the atmosphere. I cannot allow envy to reign over my form. Kendra is more of a family I could ever ask for and is the closest I could get to a beautiful normal.

The one Cyrus introduces to us as Demi doesn't want to speak to us. Crabby. Angered. Yet, flustered. Previous romantic feelings were utterly flooding from her body, and despite the initial hurt, a smirk threatened to slither. "You know, Nellie dear was right. You should have kissed her then. Boosts your endorphin levels, physical touch. Probably would help with your frustration. That, and lowering your shoulders. If you tense your muscles they are going to ache." Pausing, I turn towards the girl who she clearly should have boosted her serotonin levels with. Pen? I believe that's what Cyrus told me.

"Mental abilities. It's a wide range. I cannot imagine you encase all the properties of telekinesis, telepathy, mind control and hyper intelligence, so I am going to assume you mean that you can manipulate something regarding the mind. For now, I am placing you under telepath." It was the simplest thing that came to mind, even if I wasn't sure that it was entirely true. For now it was safe to assume.

"Gravity..." There was a shift in her composition, but with the increasing anxiety, excitement, and overall confusion, I couldn't quite pinpoint the emotion. I didn't realize how overwhelming it would be to calculate each individual's emotional state. All at once. "Impressive. Useful. You balance Penelope. Excellent."

"I can persuade people." The young blonde, Helen, explains, twisting the fabric of her blouse in her hands, eyes averted away from me. Nervous. Not proud of her powers. Hmm. She needs a boost. Approaching her and placing a hand upon her shoulder, I gently hum and let a positive aura surround the two of us. Her head bobs up almost instantly, blinking steadily as I smirk to her.

"Efficient and useful. Buck up." Letting her go and stepping back to Kendra, my hand gently cups her elbow and I remain latched.

"Animation." Cyrus claimed, biting his lip in concern as his eyes flutter over to me. I suppose it's too late to apologize for screwing him up, although I had to admit, it was really funny to see him red. "Can make objects come to life."

"Disney shit. Nice." I comment, eyes locked with the crab. Perhaps I was ruining their breakfast, and indeed, guilt began to burn at my lungs. This wasn't a good idea. As much as I loved Kendra, I think she would know better than to ruin someone's day with my presence. "You, Dem?"

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

❤Alex❤
Group moderator

Mar 29, 2019
Mar 29, 2019#11

Tegan
Before I can say anything back to her she kicks me out of her room again and shuts the door on me. Scott and that girl from the mall..what was her name again? Oh yeah Natalie. They try to get her out, I am just quiet. I refused to just leave her like this.
I wondered if they will be able to convince her to come out. Doesn't seem like it worked, seeing Natalie seeming broken hearted.
So it wasn't only me. Quinn seriously cut herself off from everyone, I think. Natalie comes over to me as I was sitting by the door.
"Tegan... What's going on with Quinn? You have any idea w-what's causing this?" She says to me sound kinda desperate. I open my mouth wondering what I should tell her? It didn't feel right to tell her Quinns secret about her double personality. I bite my lip and look down.
"I…….am really not sure." I say quietly. Which was honestly true…I didn't understand what was really going on with Quinn.
"She has been locked in her room for days. She's avoiding everyone..I don't know when the last time she ate so I gave her some breakfast. I was then kicked out again." I then say

Like Reply
Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Apr 7, 2019
Apr 7, 2019#12

Damon Valentine

"I can see why Scott has more than a few people living here...it must be lonely with some place so..." My eyes skim the exterior of the building as if to analysis the structure. Someone wanted to go all out. Whether it was for themselves or the people that once lived there I could never be sure. There was something remarkable at the outlay...Something desirable. Something that churned envy within me. An emotion that swirled in my chest, conquering any reason within me...

Squeezing her hand and snapping my fingers, I found my footing against the flat, slanted roof. Gripping tightly to Rina's hand, I steady the both of us and slowly find my place. Slumping into a sit, I beckon her next to me with a cheery smile. "Nice view, eh? Just don't look down just yet. You need your sealegs before you can do that..."

Carrie Kimberly

Confusion and a foreign fear floods me as his lips press against my knuckles. A feeling I am so used to and adore beyond all else sends a brief chill down my spine, which dissipates in a matter of seconds. My jaw slackens, eyes glued to his as he stammers to get the words out. Words which I never thought to hear, even in the most bizarre of days. In the most bizarre of places...He had been keeping something from me, perhaps something as big as my own. Blinking steadily, I focus on him, only him, tracing my thumb against his cheek and guiding his visage gently to face my own.

"You could tell me you were a convicted felon and I wouldn't stop loving you, Sam." Trying to ease his nerves, I tuck his hair behind his ear and hum gently, repeating the motion until a sense of normality returns to me. A sense of foundation. I would be honest with him. Nothing could break the emotion that burrowed within my soul the moment he declared his affections. Pressing a quick kiss to his cheek for encouragement, I slowly sit back and give him space between us.

Feeling his heartbeat, feeling the absolute fear that came from him with this admittance...I knew we were both horrified. Horrified and distraught over the turns of events that brought us here. I creep my hand to his shoulder, rubbing my thumb gently in absentminded circles. "You...you are not you?" My head tilts, but I keep my voice calm and myself in place. "What do you...sweetie, I don't want to pry if this hurts you so much..."

Unlike Reply
Edit Delete

❤Alex❤
Group moderator

Apr 7, 2019
Apr 7, 2019#13

Rina
I looked at the place.
"I can imagine it takes alot of work to clean and would be creepy without everyone around with how big it is." I say although i will admit the place was fancy and pretty impressive. I was curious about what Damons old home was like, although i knew he got sad whenever he thought about it so I decided against it.
Damon squeezed my hand and then snapped his fingers. We were teleported to the roof. Eventhough i was pretty agile i am pretty sure without Damon holding my hand i would have probably tripped. I never did get use to when we teleported.
"Thanks. " i say as he steaded us.
"Nice view, eh? Just don't look down just yet. You need your sealegs before you can do that..." he says.
"Yeah it is a nice view. " i agree with a nod looking at the view. It was very nice and one of the reasons i liked places like this.
I then playfully nudged him as i sat down next to him.
"Don't tell me what to do."i then say but more jokingly. I rested my head on his shoulder without thinking. I then realized what I did and froze.
Why did I do this!, i think trying to act normal.
Friends did this right?, I then thought
(Ugh these two are killing me!)

Like Reply
Edit Delete

Mobley Eats
Group moderator

Apr 8, 2019
Apr 8, 2019#14

Nellie King

Am I holding my breath? I don't think I am--woo boy, sure would suck if I am! And, like, not even realize it! Oh wait... Nellie Bond, you pun genius you, you just made an unconscious, err, pun! (God, this redundancy could make someone's insides corrode... I'm so sorry to all of my lovely readers) Anyways, even if the pun is never properly pointed out or described, that doesn't really matter right now.

What does matter are Sylvia's... responses. She's different. Well, I don't exactly fancy using the term different; perhaps unique is a better word? Yeah, unique. She's a good kid. Honestly! She's just got a few... rusty spots in her socializing skills, that much I can tell, but that just adds to the charm, right? I'm no social butterfly (more like a hermit moth) and the rest of us in this nerdy little family are so imperfect that we're perfect for each other. That's dang beautiful, if you ask me.

...I've gotten so off track.

The beginning of my thoughts weren't to lead up to this--I'm beyond relieved that she takes my gravity manipulation in stride. She bought it. She really bought it... Heh. Somehow, that doesn't comfort me as much as I thought it would.

"O-oh," Penelope blinks, clearly taken off guard by the analysis and logistics before flashing a timid smile. "Th-thank you. I... I must admit that I w-wasn't very specific. Um..." She fiddles with her fingers nervously, bottom lip trapped between her teeth. "M-mind imprisonment, basically."

I nod as soon as Pen's done, my smile just as bright and oh-so-woveable (don't fight me on this, my little Cyonis god said so). "Awesomesauce. Kinda feels like I just passed an exam or something. All in a day's work~." I dust off my shoulder playfully, grin widening. I lean my fist on a fist, still looking at Sylvie. Casually. Comfortable. It's always a good way to ease new friends, you know? "Don't know about the balancing bit though. I've got the coordination of a diseased flamingo... and they only use one leg. I'd be pretty screwed." A sheepish laugh escapes me as I rub the back on my head, still leaning into Cy snuggly.

However, my mood takes a swan dive straight into the thriving bayous of Ship Central as Sylvie confirms my Penmi dreams. Yes... Yes! Yes! Yes! Freaking yes I love you Sylvie stick around why don't ya?? I absolutely beam like the brilliance of a million suns, teeth and all, and can't help but cackle behind a hand as Pen's face goes through a series of changes.

First it's confusion. Then a blank registering. Then shock... Then it's swallowed up by a blush so dang red that Clifford would stomp off in a jealous fit. Oh, Pen. Oh, my sweet, sweet, helplessly in love child. I'm rooting so damn hard for you! Go! Claim your woman's lips! Kiss her!

"The actual FUCK!"

Abort. Abort. Nevermind. I lied. Demi, please--keep it together.

Unfortunately, whatever pleas I kept shooting up to the heavens were denied as Demi shoots up onto her feet, slamming both hands to the table and effectively shattering the calm atmosphere. My eyes stray over just in time to see Kendra's reaction. She doesn't jump or visibly flinch, but she does take a step closer to Sylvie, her smile still present. Uh oh.

"I don't know what the actual fuck you're playing at, kid--but give it a fucking break! You don't fucking know shit about me or whatever the fuck I need!" Snarling, Demi stomps off and exits the dining hall, her ears practically billowing with smoke.

I grimace, shooting Kendra and Nellie an apologetic smile. "U-uh, sorry about her! She gets, like... extremely angry at people. A lot. Sometimes for no reason at all!" I turn a pleading gaze toward the others for help. Help. Help. Help. Help.

"D-Dem..." Pen watches Demi leave, her brow furrowed in worry. The next thing I know, she's on her feet as well, but stops to address Sylvia and Kendra. "W-we really are sorry. Demi d-didn't mean any of that. You're a v-very lovely lady, Sylvia. Y-you and Kendra." She sends them a firm look, a genuine confirmation behind her words, before dashing off after Demi.

I, uh... I just uh... sit there. And whistle.

I don't know how to whistle.

"Welp... That... That happened."

Penelope Hollows

"Demi? D-Demi! Stop!" I call out to Demi, struggling to keep up pace with her furious marching. She's angry. Beyond angry. And I don't have the slightest clue what I'm going to do to calm her down. A large and aching part of my heart can't help but wonder... w-why she reacted so harshly to Sylvie's comments. I mean, it's obvious which comment ruffled her feathers, which is why I'm worried. Dejected.

To feel so negatively about the possibility of me having feelings for her... The notion hurts. It cuts into my chest deeply, nearly severing it in two. God... I'm about to be rejected again, aren't? And before I even have a chance to properly express myself.

"Fuck off!" Demi roars without stopping, absolutely refusing to look back at me. Again, her dismissal hurts, but annoyance is now stacking on top of it, fueling my legs to pump faster and faster. In the next moment, I'm less than a foot away and grab Demi by the shoulder. I'm surprised by the lack of strength in her struggle and seize on that opportunity to firmly turn her around.

She... Is she?

My brow furrows, eyes widening with concern. "...Cookie? W-what's wrong? Why're you...?"

Crying. She was crying. Only one or two trails manage to touch the curvature of her cheeks before she wipes them away quickly, sore eyes darting away from me. Instead, they land on my hand, which is still gripping her shoulder. Normally, I'd let go, feeling self conscious, as if I'm overstepping boundaries, but not this time. N-not when Cookie's like this.

"I already said fuck off," she grumbles. The fire is gone--no, just a weak little flicker of what used to an inferno. So subdued and so sudden. I give her a gentle squeeze.

"Don't do that," I whisper, "Not when you're like this. Dem... why'd you explode like that? Is it..." Is it that horrific? The image of kissing me? Am I... Am I disgusting? Do I disgust her? My throat has grown incredibly dry, so much so that I innately know no amount of swallowing could help to save it. My bottom lip quivers, but that is as far as I allow my emotions to take control of me. My dumb doubts and insecurities and bumbling thoughts. "I-is it that bad? The... Th-the thought of me and... a-and you...?"

Confusion washes over Demi's features. And maybe something else, but it's so minor in comparison that I'm failing to pinpoint it. She's so indecipherable--all the time. Just when I think I have her figured out, she turns around and adds several more layers and mazes to the puzzle that is her personality.

"I... fuck, Pen." She sweeps her hair back with a huff and then, for the briefest moment, it seems as if she's about to lay that same hand on mines. However, she freezes with hesitation, realizing what she's about to do. My heart drops at the conflict rolling off her.

But she does so anyway. Slowly. Shakily. Her touch is unbelievably warm and delicate.

"That's not what I--it's just, the shit that kid said. She just fucking... threw it at my face and I didn't know what in the fuck what was going on or which way in the hell was up," she says. Another sigh. "I had to get the fuck out of there. If not, I would've... I don't know what."

However, the pause that follows is heavy, too heavy for me to assume that she's done. She looks contemplative now, before her eyes light up with remembrance. It must be my imagination, but I swear a hint of heat touches her cheeks, eyebrow quirking quizzically. "Wait... the hell you mean by 'me and you'?"

And now it's my turn to become flustered. "I-I... Well..." My hand slips away from her, taking a step back, chin lowered as I study the floor. "You know. Just..." I gesture weakly between us. "Us. Um... sh-she mentioned, um, k-kissing and all that o-other stuff, so I... meant it l-like that." Oh God. Oh God. Oh God. Oh God--this is such dangerous territory! W-why am I even trying? This is bound to take a speedy decline downhill!

"....Oh."

That's it. A single word. A single syllable. Dipped head to toe in pure awkwardness and bland shock. Demi looks like a robot on the brink of shutting down or trying to calculate an unsolvable algorithm.

"Oh?" I repeat unsurely. Is that it? Is that all she has to say about it?

"Well, I mean... Sh-shit. The fuck am I supposed to say," Demi grumbles, arms folded. Guarded? Shy? It's still so darn hard to tell with her. I don't know what it is about her current mood, but it ignites a boldness within me. Hope. A sentiment that I experience rarely, so I waste no time grabbing hold of it.

I take a tentative step closer.

"Does that... seem w-weird to you? The thought of us being like... that?"

Now that I'm closer, it's easy to take note of her blush darkening. The corner of her lips twitch, before the emotion is squashed stubbornly. She clears her throat. "I wouldn't call it weird or whatever the fuck. It's just, uh..."

I take another step. "Wrong?"

"N-no."

Another. "Unnatural."

"Fuck no! Err--like," Demi is stammering now, and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen, "P-power to whoever the fuck loving out there. Mush and shit is a-all theirs."

"So..." Yet another step. I can literally feel her body heat rolling off her like a furnace, the nervousness between us so thick that I could slice it with a butter knife. My head tilts ever so slightly, peering into her chocolate eyes with a hope that has escalated beyond its limits. "Maybe... p-possible?"

Demi gulps. I almost miss the motion of her eyes snapping down to my lips before shifting back up. How can a human being so stinking adorable and scary and flaky and rude and explosive and amazing within the same hour? How does she fathom being so imperfectly perfect without even trying? She's such a phenomenon, one that I'd glad spend the rest of my life observing and musing over. "Err... m-maybe...?"

"Maybe?" I stick to echoing her words, my confidence swelling by leaps and bounds. I'm almost worried that an entirely different person has taken control of my body. Perhaps the same is happening to Cookie as well? Or maybe, just maybe, hopefully... "Maybe I could..."

We're so close. Just a little more and our noses would touch.

"Maybe I could tell you... that I..."

Just a tilt of the chin is left. That's all I need to do. My eyes flutter closed, the organ in my chest pounding like the might of a million marching bands. All percussion. All drumming wildly and energetically. Demi has yet to say anything, but I can hear the shutter behind her breaths, feel them wafting gently against my face. She has yet to move away or resist. So maybe...

I lean in to close the distance between us.

A hand to my chest stops me.

"M-maybe, I, uh... should go apologize," Demi says, voice painfully hollow. She pushes me away gently, expression as cold and flat as the first day we've met, though the blush remained as bright as ever. Before my brain can comprehend what just happened, she slips around me and darts back to the dining hall, posture erect.

I'm left alone and wanting nothing more than to kick myself for being such an idiot. What... w-what have I done?

Of course she doesn't feel the same way.

Jacqueline Winchester

To be honest with myself, I shouldn't have been surprised when Jack started to become flustered in the invisible form of the man who chucked us down the stair well in his drugged stupor. Then again! I should be flustered myself knowing fully well that they were allowed to stay in the house, despite the fact they tried to abduct multiple of us. Even if they were victims, and I wanted to help them severely, there was the seeming fear and knowledge that they had been on the wrong end of the curb. They meant no harm from what I could tell, but hearing his voice, knowing he was there, well, you can imagine the concern I might have. Yet, there is a softness that hadn't been there prior, which was to be expected. And as much as I laugh at Jack for finding himself drowning in the wonderful awkward, there was a twinge of sympathy hidden there. Not that I'd let Alexander or Ivan see it. For myself, well, Jack? Was he a brother or was he me? Is this just some weird game of self deprecation I've been playing for the last seventeen years? Most likely.

"Yeah...that's sort of the point of this place. It's meant to be for people like us, ya know? Powers and all that jazz~. As you can see, there are plenty of people who uh, don't particularly like us, and that's why we are here." I shrug, inspecting the form that was not there before me. I could imagine where he stands, however, the features I recall from before still blatantly present in the back of my mind. "Who are you hiding from? Not from the other kidnappers I...I mean, er, not from the other guests. Someone bothering you?"

Andre Hector

"Well, I don't know if he knows everything. He sure as hell may be the owner of the house, but I truly don't think he knows the majority of what he has. No offense to the man, but he doesn't seem to know about everything that he owns. If he did, I doubt we'd find what we have currently." Not to put any harm towards the man's name, but he did seem, rather clueless. I couldn't blame him. The only reason I ended up knowing so much was the fact that I had knowingly snooped around the area, and was constantly haunted by that creepy ass lady in grey. Had I been tossed this building seemingly out of nowhere, that, and having to deal with more than a dozen children in the house all at once...Dear God. How did Scott end up putting up with us again?

"Last time I saw her when I was awake?" Stuck from my thoughts, my attention shoots down towards her demeanor as sheepishness crawls against my own. "I...I really don't recall. It's...its an on and off sort of thing, you know? She's been sort of giving me the cold shoulder. But I imagine that dream means we are making some process with her. As much as that can be difficult to believe from time to time."

Feeling her hand grasp mine my shoulders slump in relief and whatever stress that had gathered in my arms starts to melt away. I slowly lift her hand to my lips, pressing a ginger kiss to her knuckles. "Thank you, my flower. Sometimes I just need a little breather from this sort of thing, you know? I think I over think this sort of thing, considering the abduction attempts..."

Jennifer Clemons

"I think I should call soon. Believe me I do. It's sort of been eating at me when I haven't been spending my time making sure the numbers are all the same...I just, it's weird, you know? It feels like no time has passed for me, at all...but, two years is the reality of it. And it's...its hard to swallow, you know? Two years of my freaking life is just...wasted away and I can't remember a single moment of it. It makes me feel a little uh, nauseous. It's like wakin up from a coma. But hey, on the bright side, I can now legally drink and gamble." Then again, I did those things at nineteen too but uh...no one besides Jonah needed to know that little tidbit of information. "Er, believe it or not, I do recall the numbers, I just...I don't know if they would have changed or not. I don't think I have my cell phone on me, I haven't really considered that since I arrived, and my guess is where ever it ended up, its most likely in a garbage dump by now. But if I can get access to a phone at the mansion, I can easily remember mom and dad's cell. Jonah maybe…" I scratch nervously at my cheek, pressure relieved from my shoulders the moment she mentioned Star Wars again.

"I thought it was really good. And if I'm right, there should be another one coming out pretty soon." Blinking excitedly at the news of new Marvel movies, a grin erupts across my face. "Oh that's great! I remember my brother and I planned out when we'd go see the new movies until the last one came out. It was Infinity Wars part one and two we were all gonna get together and watch, but I'm not sure if those had come out just yet. "My favorite? Oh! That's an easy one! I freakin love the Punisher, but I feel like Marvel hasn't done much good for the character recently. Then again, if they made a show or somethin like Daredevil...as for Avenger? Hawkeye is my dude. Seriously, he can kill things with a freakin bow and arrow. He doesn't need a suit of armor or weird lightning abilites. He can do just fine with what he's got." Shrugging, I feel nerves and anxiety start to trickle away again. Man, I forgot how much nerd was inwardly contained. It felt good to get it out again.

Winnifred Rivers

"Ah! I see, but isn't that how it always happens?" I grin teasingly at him, still confused at his confession towards his inital belief of my like for Alexander. Swallowing anxiously, I place the palm of my hand towards my collarbone and glance down towards the floor. "Well...I mean, don't get me wrong, Alexander is a handsome man but, you were my friend, and so sweet and so cute that I uh...it sort of just happened, you know?"

Like Reply
Edit Delete

❤Alex❤
Group moderator

Jul 4, 2019
Jul 4, 2019#19

(It's fine it happens)(also strangely my notification didn't go off)
Alexander
I look over to were Ivan had been looking....the only two people would be Jennifer or Itzlie.
Humm I wonder which one it is, I think because it would be easier. I was still kinda surprised that they were here though I mean who knows if they could snap. I did feel bad and I hope it didn't happen ivan remains invisible. It was
Jacqueline asks what they were hiding from, he kinda is silent for a while. I couldn't tell if he left or not.
"My sister..." He says quietly almost sounding like a lost kid. It then kids me that that exactly what he was. He was taken when he was very little after all. It wasn't like he could get back the time he lost.
"It must be a shock everything that happened." I comment. I do wonder why he is trying to hide from her but decide not to ask.
"Yeah." He says,"it...really is."
I clear my thought. Oh my gosh the contrast from the scary guy with a gun and knife to how he was acting now was frighting.
what the heck did they do to him, i think wondering what they could have done to make him act like this. He seemed not to speak lower and uncertain of himself. I couldn't blame him for the change.

Ivan
I don't wanna draw to much attention to myself as I remain silent. It was nice to look around though and know that most of the people here also had powers like me. The person Jackie or Jack asks me about who I am hiding from. I stay silent for a while not knowing if I should tell...
"My sister." I say. I didn't want to give them the whole story of the complicated relationship between me and my sister.
"It must be a shock everything that happened." the guy Alexander says. I not but of course there was no way they could see me
"Yeah, it really is." I say back. I knew I should leave soon as I knew my power didn't last forever. Although from what i could feel I could last longer being invisible then I had before. It was still strange to be all the stuff that has changed like my voice and height.
"I..I am going to go back to my room." I say," but before that I just wanted to say im sorry for anything I did. I know it won't make up for it and I am not sure what I did...but I am sorry"
I knew there was other people I need to apologize too as well but I couldn't make myself do it. I especially didn't want to see my sister.

Violet

I listen to him talk about Scott and think for a second...poor Scott right now did seem rather scattered. Didn't seem like he had slept in a while either.
"I get what you mean and he might not know everything about the house but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask though right?" I say with a shrug. I mean no body just gets a house like this out of nowhere..unless the previous person REALLY wanted to get rid of the house? Anyways Scott should at least know who the previous owner was which would be a start and he should know more about why this place was previously closed down. Right? It only make sense.
"But either way right now doesn't seem like a good time to be asking questions like that." I then says thinking aloud. After what happened hopefully there wont be anything else going on.
I then listen to him talk about the grey lady.
"Well...at least it is some progress although with the weird dreams I am sorry you haven't been able to get much sleep." I then say with a frown. If she was still sending him messages I wondered what she was trying to tell him now.
"I wonder why she just doesn't tell you instead of being cryptic." I then say with a sigh.
(Because he still doesn't tell the truth)

He then seemed to relax and kiss my hand. I blushed a little but then smiled. I was glad I could give him some form of comfort or that he didn't have to go through his problems alone.
"Yeah I understand." I say to him with a nod," it had been crazy and we don't know much about what happened. Lucky we weren't around."
No body really talked about it and I still found it weird that the people who have tried to abduct us were here. I am sure there was an explication for it though just nobody told us.

Itzlie
"It's best to call soon but don't rush yourself if you aren't ready." I tell her trying to comfort her. It would be best to have her call them as soon as possible but she seemed worried," I am sure they all couldn't have changed their numbers."
They all probably had the same number just waiting for her call, I then think
"Yeah it must be confusing for you." I say feeling bad for her. I knew how I felt about my brother coming back but I couldn't imagine the other way around.
Waking up realizing that a piece of your life had been taken. What is worse is that you couldn't even remember what happened around that time.
I laughed a little bit at her last joke thought with the drinking and gambling. I was glad she was at least trying to look at the..bright side? can't even call it that.

Changing the conversation back to the movies I smile as she seemed to go on about her favorite superheros.
"Well I should be able to get some marvel movies to watch and put them up for the movie night." I promise her," that way you can watch them."
"I see so you seem to like those superheros that are without powers." I comment and laugh. I then pause and think who would my favorite be?
"Honestly I like the Hulk. I just like his character..you know when he really isn't green and fighting anything." I say," So you could say I like Bruce Banner."

Sakamoto
I laughed a little at her teasing
"I see. Yeah you're right" I say. She then seemed to get nervous.
""Well...I mean, don't get me wrong, Alexander is a handsome man but, you were my friend, and so sweet and so cute that I uh...it sort of just happened, you know?" she then says and I couldn't help but blush a little at her confession.
"Well I am glad you told me because I was clueless."I then say and grabbed her hand. I hoped this was alright. I never would have guessed she liked me and this whole idea of us being in a relationship kinda made me nervous. I thought Winnie was an amazing person and didn't want to mess it up.

Like Reply
Edit Delete

KatSea
Group owner

Jul 7, 2019
Jul 7, 2019#20

(Notifications on Iwaku can go suck it XD)

Damon Valentine

"Er, yeah. I imagine this place is creepy at night too~ Don't tend to leave my room then. It's much cozier just to relax under the covers with a book or somethin." Keeping a strong grip on her arm as we transport to the top of the building, a pleasant smile engulfs my demeanor. Man, it sure feels nice to be out in the open without many problems to handle. Warren could go suck it.

"Heh, I know I know. I can't exactly tell you what to do. Considering out of the both of us, you are sort of the brains of the operation." With a cheeky grin, I press my thumb to her cheek and playfully give it a poke. "Just making sure you don't go dive bombin off the side of the roof. I do not want to have to remember how to heal."

Eyes flickering down to meet her's as she rested her head on my shoulder, I gave her head a gentle pat and chuckled. "Hey, Im gonna have to start charging you five bucks a minute for this service you know...Not that I mind. I just need to make bank off it.

(lol)(at least you can edit now)

Rina
I laughed at his joke as he playfully poked my cheek. I knew he cared and had just been wanting to give him a hard time.
"yeah I know that would be bad if I fell off." I say with a nod.
i relax as I rest my head on his shoulder. he pats my head and laughed.
"Hey, I'm gonna have to start charging you five bucks a minute for this service you know...Not that I mind. I just need to make bank off it. " he says and I roll my eyes.
"Whatever." I say jokingly," I thought we were friends. Not nice to charge your friend money like that."
I always liked the view of places like this and it was relaxing. For some reason as he looked I me I felt myself leaning forward towards him. I moved my hair out of my face leaned over and kissed his cheek. I realized what I did and blushed.
"That's for the kiss before." I then say to him shyly looking away. I don't know what I just did. I was scared to see how he would react as i don't know what I just did what I did. I couldn't believe what I just did and I felt like running away like I did before. It took everything I had not to just get up and run.

(Ok i couldn't help myself)

Like Reply
Edit Delete

Mobley Eats
Group moderator

Jul 28, 2019
Jul 28, 2019#2

Samuel Banks

"Hiding it from you hurts far worse..." I breathe, my lips continuously caressing my Care Bear's knuckles with utmost tenderness. The motion was comforting, for myself as much as it is for her, as much I deeply hope. I need this moment to ground myself. To recall all of the moments we've shared, all of the beautiful memories and bonds we've established so quickly, although it already feels as though I've come to love this woman for a lifetime.

I need to bask in it. Without this feeling, I surely would've crumbled by now.

"Y... yes. I'm not me. I..." My breath stutters, syllables escaping me briefly before I hastily reel them back in, "I had a twin brother. Gregory. He... Goodness, Carrie, we were such opposites but so... sodarn close." A familiar sting floods my eyes and I slide them closed in retaliation, refusing to let a single tear fall. Not yet. Not like this. I have to push on and be forthright with my Baby Girl. "W-we attended prom together... With friends and such. It was an enjoyable night but... our friend was drunk and he just wouldn't rest unless we let him drive." I give pause and press the knuckles of my free hand to the bridge of my brow, trying with all my might to soothe the pounding. These memories are and always would be painful to recount. How can I ever hope for that to change one day?

The answer is that I cannot.

"...A-an eighteen wheeler struck us on... On my side." I lock my shaky gaze with Carrie's own, my grip upon her hand tightening ever so slightly. My anchor in a sea of abysmal regret. "I was... I was dying, Carrie. I can still recall the feeling... but... b-but..." A ball suddenly lodges itself into my throat and a miserable groan slips around it, raspy and gruff with a steadily rising ocean of emotion. This is proving to be far more difficult than anything I've ever done. Nothing compares to reliving this. Absolutely nothing...

No. I'm wrong. Recalling what Carrie told of me. Envisioning the pain she endured... That act alone threatened to disassemble me from head to toe and leave me as a pitiful pile of human parts. In comparison, this is... "In the next moment... I-I open my eyes and... and I s-see my own b-body in the bed. I never... I never!" The same hand travels to my scalp, scraping back hair like the talons of a cornered creature. Panic nipped at the cusp of my being. My degrading soul. "I-I never thought I would s-see my own death through my b-brother's eyes!"

I'm... no different than before. Even with my brother's body, I can never match up to his strength. He had always been tougher than me. More stoic. More reliable. Capable of drying tears before they began to fall; unlike him, my cheeks are already glistening with salty trails, disappearing into the forest of my facial hair. "He died for me! For me! H-he wanted to so badly and our g-grandmother switched us! J-just like that! I couldn't protest or do anything! And now he's--! H-he's..."

A ragged sob rips from my lungs, though it's barely above the volume of a whisper. Strained. Weak. Always, always so weak... I can never honor Gregory's name. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. "I-I'm sorry..."

Edit Delete

❤Alex❤
Group moderator

Jul 29, 2019
Jul 29, 2019#3

Tegan
Before I can say anything back to her she kicks me out of her room again and shuts the door on me. Scott and that girl from the mall..what was her name again? Oh yeah Natalie. They try to get her out, I am just quiet. I refused to just leave her like this.
I wondered if they will be able to convince her to come out. Doesn't seem like it worked, seeing Natalie seeming broken hearted.
So it wasn't only me. Quinn seriously cut herself off from everyone, I think. Natalie comes over to me as I was sitting by the door.
"Tegan... What's going on with Quinn? You have any idea w-what's causing this?" She says to me sound kinda desperate. I open my mouth wondering what I should tell her? It didn't feel right to tell her Quinns secret about her double personality. I bite my lip and look down.
"I…….am really not sure." I say quietly. Which was honestly true…I didn't understand what was really going on with Quinn.
"She has been locked in her room for days. She's avoiding everyone..I don't know when the last time she ate so I gave her some breakfast. I was then kicked out again." I then say