Reid's, Chapter Three: Thicker Than Blood

Penelope Hollows

I was left alone. In this hollow, mockingly empty hallway and yet it somehow overflowed with the presence of life. Of course it did. So many people lived in this mansion. A massive band of Abnormals were just a minute's worth of walking away, r-right there in the cafeteria. Where Demi had stormed off. Right after I...

I-I'm so stupid.

"Oh God... O-oh God... Oh, no, no, no. W-what did I...?" My breathing staggered and cracked, a hand flying over my chest. Was my heart pounding? What brought it on? Anxiety? No... That wasn't right. I knew anxiety like a life long friend. A foe. But this wasn't that feeling at all, not in the slightest. Somehow, it seemed... overwhelming. Uglier. Hopeless. Usually, I could spot a tiny pinprick of light in the darkness but this... This was scary. I couldn't be here!

Shaking from head to toe, I spun on my heels and ran back to my room. Balance seemed to be a goal beyond my grasp at the moment, but it didn't matter. I had to keep going. I had to hide behind closed doors. Losing it and breaking down in front of someone else... I-I refused. I'd been making so much progress! Well, that was until I opened my... b-big, dumb, hopeful mouth and ruined my chances with Cookie.

God... Why was I such an idiot?

I could only thank the higher beings above that I finally reached my room, fingers slipped from the doorknob with sweat before I sighed in frustration and yanked the door open. Was it closed? Did I close it?? Alright. I did. Th-thank goodness it did. I paced over to my shelf and flung off the books in a frenzy. It wasn't a particularly extensive collection, but I wasn't a light reader either. Several hardbacks and paperbacks hit the floor until I finally grasped the book in mind between my fingers. Zemnian Hours. I made a mad flurry for the desk and snatched up a pen. The moment I flipped it open, I started jotting down notes like crazy. Page by page. Paragraph to paragraph.

I poured my heart out like my life depended on it. N-no more being shy. No more holding back. Just... Just no more. I'm sick of doubting my own feelings and letting this abysmal insecurity eat me alive! I couldn't afford to stumble again. I nearly lost myself twice before... I don't wanna lose Demi too. P-please no. Anything but that. I had to fix this.

I wasn't going to give up on my Cookie Monster.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: KatSea
(oh wow I see it's all set up that's awesome!)
(Glad to see it's still active)

(It is! and I swear to God when I get my english essay done and my mind back together I will post some shiz!

(lol where is the gif from?)

(hey just wondering any of you guys know of any other good roleplays going on? Trying to find one but still not use to this website)

(hey just wondering any of you guys know of any other good roleplays going on? Trying to find one but still not use to this website)
I haven't really been looking at new RP's to join, but checking out this area on the site might help! It's basically a bunch of Interest Checks from other members, trying to see if people are willing to join an RP idea of theirs. It's usually the best place to start looking!

Link: Group Brainstorming & RP Search

Reactions: ❤Alex❤
Jacqueline Winchester

"
Well, I can imagine it's very scary, Ivan. Believe me, I have no idea what you went through or how it feels, but I do know what it's like to have a sibling. And...I know what it's like to live without them and not be able to see them for a long time. It's scary. Well, Jack isn't really a sibling, but he sort of is, it's a bizarre relationship we have, but the point is, as much as you want to hide from your sister, I think you should try and let her back in. Its...its a shock, and must be very scary to have all that time lost. But, now is as good of a time as any to start trying to, well, can one say heal? Connections are going to be your savior, Ivan. I promise. It's...not easy. God, it's not, but it doesn't have to be as hard as it seems now, you know? And if you ever need help~ Alex and I know your sister pretty well now. Or we can talk to Carrie or Samuel and try to arrange something?" I furrow my brow together. I do not know where this sudden encouragement came from, but I knew I wanted to seem optimistic about this situation. A negative outlook would do him no good. Jack taught me that in a very backward manner, but regardless, I did learn something from it. "Consider us your support system, aight? If all that...doesn't go how you'd hope, Alex and I have been looking into this for a little while. Besides, Jack has a bit of a fond spot for you~"

A soft frown took over as he told us he was off to his room, and I slowly nod in response. "Okay. Hey, be gentle with yourself, okay?"

Andre Hector

(You know, when I first made Andre, I was like, "Eh, he'll be an asshole." and now I just realize he's a freakin pathological liar XD)

"I think we should ask when he's...feeling a tad more relaxed. For the moment, I think the house has a lot of answers it can offer on its own. Which is a miracle in itself. My guess is if we keep looking we will get more answers about our situation...and if I plead a little bit more with the Grey Lady." Why had I decided to be such a prick with the madam? Well, perhaps it was a certain mix of fear and uncertainty, perhaps it was the mere fact that well...I didn't always believe her. I didn't always believe that I was even seeing her.

"That was...a relief, to say the least." My eyes soften at her before the thought of kidnappers even laying a hand on her coursed through me. I briefly stiffen and squeeze her hand. Nope. Not on my watch. Besides. The problem seemed to settle down...just, next time the Grey Lady even opened her mouth, I was gonna heed her directions. Yeah? Sounds fair. I...I really shouldn't be worrying to much about this. That wasn't going to be healthy. Especially if something else did happen and I found that my nerves were too overworked to properly do what I needed to to protect Violet or anyone else...just needed to take maybe like, fifteen deep breaths and Id be absolutely fine.

Jennifer Clemons

"
Ill go through the numbers later tonight. See if any of them are still what they were..." My eyes threaten to swell and scorch as I envision the faces of each one of my family members, swallowing hard as I think of Evan and of Jonah, the two brothers who I had gone to when I needed a hug or an ass whooping after a long day. The lump in my throat felt like it was going to suffocate me. I clench my fists at my side and let my eyes flutter close. "Heh...I have six numbers I can try. If six people change their numbers in the course of two years, Im gonna take a couple of shots." I grin lightly at her, letting my shoulders slump as she mentioned her favorite Marvel character.

"I do love me some Bruce Banner...I really love the old comics with him. That, and I love the comic storylines with him and Spiderman. It is weirdly endearing. Oh! and I love me some doctor Strange." I place my hands on the back of my head. "I always sort of wanted to be a superhero too...to be honest."

Ivan
I get quiet as I listen......I looked down. Of course I was invisible so I was great full they couldn't see my reaction. I was scared and lost. i part of my life was taken from and I couldn't even remember...I woke up finding out I did horrible things. The only upside was that I found people who were like me.
"Things between my sister and I are complicated." I said agreeing. I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk to my sister but I understood they were trying to help. I slightly stiffen when she says how they are looking into what happened.
"What..."I say concerned, what if what happened to me might happen to them," I don't know if I would recommend looking into it this anymore then."
Even though I was curious what happened I would rather have no one else hurt, I think. I don't know much they found but I didn't like this.

"Anyways after what I did I don't think I deserve any of your sympathy." I then say quietly apologizing again before leaving. I had came down to get food but now I really didn't even feel that hungry anymore. I still kept the food for later though. I then went left to go to my room. I needed to go before my sister noticed me anyways wasn't sure I was ready for that.

Alexander
I listen to Ivan as he stands there invisible. I knew this wasn't his fault...I heard his footsteps walk away. I remain quiet not even sure what to say or even if this was a topic I should be saying something. Although he did give a reaction when talking about his sister and when we said we were looking into it.

"That was a good talk...I am sure he will get it eventually. Baby steps. At least he came out of the room." I say to Jacqueline.
At least he wasn't trying to kill us I get..but now it seemed like he was just a shell of himself. It's almost like he just wants to disappear. I felt bad for him then got angry at whoever did this and frowned.

Last edited:
Violet
(Lol i really want him to just..TELL THE TRUTH)
tenor.gif
I remained quiet as Andre seemed to be lost in thought...
"Hey I am sure it will work out." I say to him gently. I thought about the Grey lady and wondered what he did to get on her bad side.
"I would recommend at least trying to patch things up with her." I say thinking although i had no idea what he has said or done to get her on the bad side.
He couldn't have done something that bad..could he?, i think. Anyways the Grey lady was out best bet at getting answers right now eventhough she did have a habit of being cryptic.
"Although I am worried about Scott as well." I say. I also wondered if we were the only ones looking into the house like this.

Itzlie
"I am sure not all of them would have changed there number." I say, honestly it was most likely they kept there number hoping she would call one day. I could tell she was close to tears but I had no idea how to comfort her. We weren't that close for me to give her a hug or anything and honestly the only thing I could offer was words of comfort.
She then jokes..
"Hey I am sure it will work out..and if not ill take two shots alright?" I say joking back. Our conversation goes back to comic books and superheros.
"I liked Doctor strange and Iron mans interactions..they were both funny." I say to her then stop wondering if she had seen that movie and then says,"I mean you got the superhero powers for it."
I was trying to make her feel better.

• Sweet
Reactions: Mobley Eats
Damon Valentine

"Mm, I need someone to stay with me while Im stuck with Warren...as much as I want to make sure you get out. But Im gonna make sure that doesnt happen via you getting chucked off or tossing yourself off the roof." I tease her with a grin, body tensing for a brief moment as her head finds its purchase against my shoulder. I slowly place my hand against her shoulder and hum, keeping my eyes lightly closed as she speaks. I simply nod at her, grinning lightly "What can I say? you chose the rattiest person for a friend, that my friend is on y-" Im cut off as her lips meet my cheek, and all feeling floods from my cheeks as red courses through my skin. "Rina?" I question weakly, my head turning to meet hers as surprise floods my tone. "I...I...goodness I uh...heh..." Speechlessness takes over me. Oh, God, what do I do now?! What the hell do I now!? I must look like a complete and utter moron! My mouth gapes slightly as words evade me. Damn it, why now?! Why do I have to be so sheepish now??

Carrie Kimberly

I fall silent as he grows solemn, his voice carrying across despite the hurt I can sense within his soul as he conveys his story. He had a brother, a twin, a twin who I could tell he loved more than anything else that the world had given him. There were mistakes, as every child at that age would do, to get drunk, to drive, to ultimately pay consequences. It would be an utter, fool's lie to say I had never grown intoxicated, that I had never placed myself in a dangerous situation because of what influences I had submerged myself in, and for that no judgement swelled. Only sorrow, only love for the man that stood before me. Weakened, but not broken, torn, but not demolished. My hand comes to rest upon that scraps through his hair, listening to every word, absorbing every syllable. This was not his body. But it was his soul. It was his consciousness, his being, his everything, within his own brother's body. A sacrifice his brother made for him. So that Samuel could live. I grasp both of his hands, raising one to meet his cheek and wipe some of the tears away with my thumb. Lowering our hands to my lap, I slowly lean in to press a kiss to his cheek, lingering, before placing a kiss to his temple, to his nose, close to the edge of his eye, basking him in the affection I know we both desperately needed, lingering a little too long with each placement.

"Samuel...I can never imagine the pain you must have felt. Losing your brother. Losing Gregory in such a way. But...From what youve told me, I can feel the love he had for you. Gregory loved, and still loves you. So much." I place our joined hands towards his chest, near his heart, holding it there to let the beat thrum against his hands. "Someone's true love for another is to be able to lie down their lives for them. His heart beats for you so that you could live. And...he still is with you. Always will be, Samuel. I am...so sorry you went through what you did. But I am proud for how strong you are...what legacy you are bringing him. You know how many people's lives are better because of you? What you do for others? It is a beautiful thing. I know he is proud of you. I know it. And...I do not know if my words are at the right time, or will ever be at the right time, but it is okay. It is okay to be where you are now. I am so, so damn proud of you, and I am honored you trust me with this." I kiss his temple again, humming as I run circles against his knucles with my thumb. "I understand that this weight you bear is not a weight most could handle, and if you...if you need me, for anything. I am always here. Always will be." I try to smile at him, humming as I squeeze his hands. "I...I think both of us need something warm to shroud ourselves in. Blankets. chocolate. Whatever you need. Besides...technically going out into the kitchen and upstairs is technically a round shift of watching the kids." I bounce my forehead to his, playfully, trying anything, anything to get him to smile again. To calm his nerves. "If I could...I would be the one to carry you around to do all this and spoil like you deserve but...I um...have noodles for arms."

Rina
I couldn't believe I just did that..why did I do that, I think to myself. I wanted to run away. He seemed surprised as I had kissed his cheek. I looked away nervous wanting nothing more then to disappear. I blushed bright red embarrassed.
I see his reaction and quickly looked down then turn away as he looked at me. I slowly move away from him holding me as he seemed frozen.
"I-i'm sorry..." was all I could say, I didn't want to make him uncomfortable. I pull my knees up wishing we weren't on a roof so I could run away afraid..that what I always did when situations got like this. I covered my face with my hoodie afraid of what he was going to say about how this was weird. I was afraid that I had now messed everything up. I didn't hear anything after he had called my name now into my own thoughts thinking of how much of an idiot I was.
I remember when I ran away from him when he kissed me.....and it had taken me a while to figure out how I felt. It took me a while before I peeked from under my hoodie to look at him and see his reaction, hoping it wasn't to bad.
I hope he didn't dislike me now..

Last edited:
Sylvia Sullivan

The rage that emits from Demi is not unfamiliar. I should have anticipated as such. Perhaps I had struck a chord that I was not aware that I was close to crossing. How was I supposed to know that the idea of romance with another would have triggered a negative response? I did not have enough time to calculate her emotions, as much as I knew, I knew inwardly that she had the fuse the size of a nanometer. The sliver of me that had been smothered over the years began to roar against the nervous smirk that threatened to overtake my lips. Christ, Sylvie, Christ why did you...hell, I don't feel bad but...are...are my hands shaking? They haven't shook since him. No. No. I am not trembling. Im not scared...then why is my heart racing faster than normal? This is an oddity...

I clench and unclench my fists, uncomfortable with what had transpired. "More people are like you than you realize, dear." I grumble under my breath after she storms off, raising my hands to rake through my hair as I hum something to calm the adrenaline in my veins. Once she and the "telepath" girl clear out of the way, I jam my thumb and forefinger into my brow. I take a few breaths, in and out, chuckling as telepath offers me a few words of comfort. "She shouldn't lie through her teeth like that, you know?"

I swallow as I note as the gravity, persuasion, and animator look to me with confused and somewhat worrisome glances. Heh. Kendra shouldn't have brought me to breakfast. didn't realize my social interactions would be so bad I broke up a friend group. Maybe I should just crawl back into my hole of a room and forget that proper human behavior consists of friendships and bonds. Awkwardly I shuffle my feet a and jam my hands deep into my pants pocket. "Sorry about that. I um...I apologize. I was not aware that I was...intruding as such."

(hey how is everyone doing?)

(Hey Alex! Just got back from college a week or two ago. I hope you've been having a merry christmas eve!)

(oh thanks well I'm doing good just getting ready for the Christmas Eve party. hope you are doing good.)

• Thank You
Reactions: KatSea
Jacqueline Winchester

Surprise shouldn't have flooded me so easily the moment he warned us to stray away from our investigation. At this point, Jack and I had been completely aware of the dangers that could have surrounded us regarding the Collectors and a variety of different conspiracies we have wrapped ourselves into, but we agreed to stick it out until physical danger was visible. I don't think I had any heart to give up this investigation, especially when victims of our own research have resurfaced. This seemed a better time than any to further delve into the atrocities that had happened to the poor man. With a furrowed brow, I can do nothing but reach out a hand as his voice traces off, vanishing before I could think to call out. A frown places itself onto my face, before I have the courage to massage my temple and release an exhale I had no idea I had been holding.

"Yeah...Baby steps is one way to put it." I claim, exasperated. While progress had been made today, while I did get a glimpse into his world view now that he was released back into the open...I still felt as if we had taken three steps back. One step forward and three steps back. But this was to be expected, especially with someone with so much trauma already under their belt. "I...I think he needs someone to watch over him while he's alone in his room. I don't know him all that well but I...I don't think isolation for that man is going to be good for him physically or mentally. I don't want to force anything on him either but...I worry for him. A lot. And while this is a sign of improvement, I also am aware that with progress comes stress." I purse my lips, brushing back strands from my face as I tap my fingers across my cheeks. "We need to make sure the other victims are okay too...maybe at some point we bring them together and see if they can prove to be helpful towards one another. Remind them that they aren't alone."

Demi Locklear

What... the fuck... just happened?

I must've been losing my goddamn mind; that was the only explanation for the clusterfuck that just went down back there. Twiglet was about to... Sh-shit. Was she though? Or did I just assume something wild and hurt her feelings like some self-absorbed idiot? Should I go back and check up on her? Hell... If it were the other way around, I'd be so pissed and baffled. I fucking shoved her and left, right as she clearly had something damn important to say! She trusted me! And I...

I slowed to a stop in the middle of the hallway.

Maybe I could... Maybe...? "Fuck." I huffed and ran a hand through my hair, my mind and gut instincts waging war with one another. My mind said to leave the Twiglet be for a few hours, wait for the awkward fog to clear up, while my gut said to avoid her much longer. But my chest... "Fuck!"

That heartbroken look in her eyes.

"Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fucking--!" I now had both hands combing my hair back, pacing back and forth like some caged animal. Did I seriously fuck up? Or was I blowing all of this shit out of proportion? I just couldn't tell--it was always like that. The screws in my head were always too tight or too loose, never just right. Never fucking normal enough to know draw a clear, simple line. Don't say that, Demi. You'll sound like a bitch. Too late. Don't do that, Demi. People will think you're a violent animal. I was just protecting myself. Don't hurt them, Demi. If you do, you'll hurt yourself too. Not if I numb myself first--

But I wasn't numb anymore. Not ever since these fucking dorks blasted a hole into my life and made themselves at home in my heart and pulled me into their group like it was the most natural goddamn thing in the world and made everything seem more bearable and fair and possible and good and...

"Does that... seem w-weird to you? The thought of us being like... that?"

"I wouldn't call it weird or whatever the fuck. It's just, uh..."

"Wrong?"

"N-no."

"Unnatural."

So fast... All of it happened so fucking fast, but my heart had been racing even faster. Sh-shit was it racing again already? What in the actual fuck was wrong with me??

"So... Maybe... p-possible?"

Jesus Christ.

"Maybe I could tell you... that I--"

"I can't do it." In an instant, I was moving again, heading straight for my destination. I couldn't understand a damn thing about this.

And I couldn't--no way in Hell--leave Pen Drop hanging like this.

Alexander
I remain silent for a little bit...taking this all in. Even with the warning I was determined to find out about this. it wasn't right for whoever did this to get away with it. I continue to trying to calm Jacqueline as she exhales from stress .
"That is a good idea...but lets leave them alone for a little bit longer so they can get comfortable here before trying anything." I say. It could be bad and have reserve effects.
"We don't know if they even want to see eachother again." I then comment. I did agree thought we should check on how they are doing..the only one that seemed to be doing alright was Jennifer. Itzlie seemed to be taking care of her though.
"Although if were were to try and connect them I would suggest trying Ivan and Itzlie maybe. I am curious though was is going on between Itzlie and Ivan." I then say," It would be nice for them to work it out. Then Ivan would at least have someone he knows." I say
I am worried about overstepping though.

Nellie King

Ho boy... This was such a dang mess. First Demi stormed off, then Pen fled in a tornado of flailing limbs and "I'm going to go check on the love of my life sorry", and now this poor girl was visibly upset over the whole ordeal. I couldn't imagine how uncomfortable she must've felt, being caught in the crossfires of our internal drama and all. Something heavy and bitter slammed into the pit of my gut. Guilt. Most definitely guilt. With a hefty sprinkling of sympathy.

"Uh... Hey, hey, don't blame yourself for any of that," I reassured Sylvia, "Honestly? This has kinda been, like, festering between them for a while anyhow. As the captain of Ship Penmi." I could already feel a goofy grin splitting my cheeks as I offered her a cheesy salute. "You have my gratitude. I think a little push every once in a blue moon doesn't hurt, you know?"

...Did that sound comforting? Like, at all? Or did I just waste a few minutes of this poor kid's time with my idiotic babbling? Decisions, decisions... No, not really. I knew the answer already. I was a dork who said some extra dumb-tacular stuff. Right now wasn't any different. But still, it wasn't as if I could live say nothing and live with myself. Heck no! Just one glance at the look on Sylvia's face twisted my chest into knots. It just wasn't right. It didn't have it within me to ignore that expression.

After my little spiel, the woman next to Sylvia casually draped an arm around her shoulders, humming under her breath and still staring at the exit where Demi and Pen stormed off to. "...Honestly? Lady Gravity ain't wrong. Dem two're basically drownin' in sexual tension." A light chuckle escaped. "Wheeeew, I could cut straight through dat shit like a knife on hot buttah. Especially dat angry ass one. She gone need some lovin' 'n stat--dat's all I'm sayin'. So, in all technicality..." She lovingly ruffled Sylvia's hair, pride shimmering in her eyes. "Ya did a damn good thing, lil sis! Betcha ten bucks--nah, twenty dat they'll be togetha before da end of dis week! Callin' it now!"

A brief pause.

...I slowly raised my hand. "Thirty says it'll only take two days."

Kendra laughed so hard that a snort filled the dining room. "Ya on!"