Rapscallion - OOC and Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea, I like it :)!
I'll try to bully my muse to help me put something up soon.

Mind if I take that last spot? I'm pretty interested in this.

Try music, lol. It helps me a lot to be listening to something that either speaks about my character or the situation they're in.

Go ahead, Exces!

As for music, I will try that, though my computer is being slow and choppy lately.

So... we're doing X Factor?

Well, yes I suppose it would be like 'X' factor.
Aha.
I didn't even piece that together I just figured it'd be a great way to show off perhaps our main skill; the others are/will come more into play later as the story unfolds. ^-^

If you guys know/remember the certain scene that came with the rp's theme song where you had to delight as many people including Queen Brahne, that will be a bit like that.

The IC is up!

REPUTATION: Take it like the total amount of points you can have distributed into your skills, the more REPUTATION you have, the more opportunity and skills your character will enjoy.

Eep, I can feel the nerves building now. Aha.

Let's picture this, then; The Troupe Master doesn't walk, he waddles X3!

Now I can just see The Penguin as the troupe master now :p
But I suppose I need to work on my introduction post now.

Okay, so there's an NPC playing the beggar character, and the rest of us have to incorporate ourselves into his performance?

Is anyone else ever gonna post their beginning post?

I'm having a little trouble with my Character Sheet what with some real life stuff going on, but I'll definitely have it up by Saturday.

I'm hoping that it's just a slow burn to start roleplay. I've had a few of those in my past that took weeks for people to start posting but once we did it really started to come along nicely.

Moving houuuuuuse. o_o

Stage Name
Starburst

Reason to Join the Troupe

With a life that condemned her to poverty and no chance at a stable job, she was left with little choice. She decided to strike it rich and leave home.
cody1p_by_whispwill-d6m719g.png
Masquerade_by_vanillacoke00.jpg
General Style and Outward Persona
On stage, she exaggerates her movements in an attempt to make every move make an impression on the crowd.. She parades around the stage, using every inch of the space she's given. With a wardrobe to match her outstanding nature, she challenges herself to captivate and capture everyone's attention.

Life Philosophy

Put on a show. Give themselves something so memorable they'll forget everything else.

Personality

Obsessed with attention, becoming famous has been her goal. Her humble beginnings left her with nothing to her name. Although she grew up on the streets and dabbled in crime, her parents teachings did their job. She knows enough not to do anything too serious, but she still is quite self serving. She likes to hear herself talk and often times she'll begin to ramble during conversations.

Greatest Dream
To have her name go down in history

Greatest Fear
Dying alone and unknown

Preferred Area
Troubadour

Prior History

The only comforting aspect in her life was her parents. They were loving, caring, and always told her to do the right thing. She never heeded that warning, but the thought was there. She was born with a defect that left her blind in her right eye. She lived in poverty, with both her parents working multiple jobs at the lowest pay to care and provide for Starburst. Unfortunately, they could never provide enough to support the family. Falling further and further into debt, her parents could just couldn't support her anymore. Reluctantly, they sent her away to an orphanage where she got caught up in the trappings of the underground.

In her preteen years she ran with a street group that scammed unsuspecting civilians and occasionally burglarizing a nice looking house. It wasn't anything too big or spectacular, but being the newbie she had to distract a street crowd while they took their sweet time robbing a house near the market. She performed numerous street scams; three-card monty and other rigged street games. Obviously, she received a lot of hate from the crowd, but she did it flawlessly. They were too focused on her to realize that there was a not-so-elegant group of burglars nearby. It was there, she realized that she had a knack for scams and performances. She became the group's staple distraction.

Eventually, she had to break away from that shady crowd before she fell too deep into crime. Of course, she still did scams, but she also tried her hand at honest-to-god street performances. In private, she practiced throwing cards and eventually knives. She figured a dangerous, precise stunt would get her some recognition. She found herself some targets: a bunch of apples and a reluctant volunteer. She found herself as a skilled knife thrower, despite her blindness.

Now a young adult, she made a decision to base her life on performing and make it big with the visiting Ignatio Traveling Troupe.

Shadowy Skills:
Sleight of Hand
Starburst has deft hands allowing her to make quick, subtle movements such as thievery or Three-card Monty.

Center of Attention

In a group, she is skilled and experienced in distracting guards, crowds, and generally keeping attention off of the thief.
Lockpicking

She's picked more than her fair share of locks when she was younger. Deft hands make lockpicking a breeze for her.

Troubadour Skills:
Knife thrower
With a practiced hand, she can throw her knives with precision and accuracy in her performances.

Captivating Presence

Coming from the streets, she has a knack for engaging the audience and thoroughly distracting them.

Sleight of Hand

In a more intimate setting, she can show off sleight of hand "magic" tricks.

Prized Possession

A deck of cards she used during her first scam.

Starburst is accepted, you can post whenever :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.