RANT Your Brains Out #98274

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't get my hopes up, then tell me you don't have enough confidence to do it. Please don't. I just... That's frustrating, okay?

Yes I lied. I admit it. I lied to you and told you that I had just been too busy to message you and shite. But I was tired of fighting, no I do not like you. I don't hate you, but I never want to see your face around me again.

Why does financial aid have to be such a big pain in the ass?

I just had a funeral for a goldfish.....WTF is wrong with me?!?! Seriously, the emotional drain of having pets is starting to outweigh the benefits. When I'm tearing up for a fish that we've only had for about a week, it's time to start seriously analyzing my emotional wellbeing. -.-

You wanted me to work from 4 pm to 11 pm at night or 4 am in the morning to like 2 in the afternoon while I'm in college?! (ꐦ ಠ皿ಠ ) lol no thank you

Weighed myself for the first time in almost 10 years today. It was part of my recovery plan not to look at the scale. I was told not to look at the scale, that it's just a number, go by how you feel, how your clothes fit, your inches, etc. Don't look at it because it can and will trigger you. Today I thought I could finally handle it, that the little nagging ED voice in the back of my head was finally quiet enough.

lmao naw I want to die

I think I just found out what a PSD file was and it's not what I thought it would be rip

DEAR FUCKING GODS DOES THE AMERICAN EDUCATION SYSTEM NEED AN OVERHAUL!

Little background on this shit. From the time we are about 5 to the time we are about 18 in America, we are forced to go to school. Teaches us basic things about life.

Sometimes, anyway.

They teach us basic language, reading, writing, math, science, and art, and world knowledge in elementary school (6 years), with obligatory standardized testing smattered throughout. Middle school (or Junior High as we used to call it)(3 years) expands on those concepts, adding in Algebra and other more advanced forms of what we had already been doing. And more testing. High school rolls around. Four years left until either college (which is unaffordable for most in America without taking on some SERIOUS debts). You would think that, at this point, we've covered the basics so now it's time to begin exploring our talents and possible career options so we don't hit our 40's hating ourselves as much as we did in middle school, as well as learning basic adult things like bills, banking, taxes, filling out job apps, writing resumes, cooking, cleaning, sowing, and general household maintenance, right?

NOPE IT'S JUST MORE OF THE FUCKING SAME, ONLY HARDER AND MORE SOUL-CRUSHING THIS TIME AROUND
HIGHER-LEVEL MATHEMATICS, SCIENCES, AND READING/WRITING COURSES ABOUND

ALL THAT IMPORTANT SHIT THAT TEACHES US WHAT WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO USE ON AN ACTUAL FUCKING JOB SITE?

THEY CALL THOSE "ELECTIVES" AND ARE TOTALLY FUCKING OPTIONAL, AND NONE OF IT TEACHES US HOW TO ADULT EVEN THEN

AND THEN THERE'S EVEN MORE FUCKING STANDARDIZED TESTS

I knew pretty well that the school system wasn't preparing us for jack shit when I was still stuck in it, filling our time with busy work that got us nowhere, and our mind with information we'll never use.

And now that I'm out here in the real world,

I'M CONVINCED THAT I UNDERESTIMATED JUST HOW FUCKING FUTILE MOST OF WHAT THEY TAUGHT US IS
I UNDERESTIMATED JUST HOW UNPREPARED IT MAKES US FOR LIFE

I CAN'T EVEN DO HALF OF THE THINGS I NEED TO IN ORDER TO SURVIVE WITHOUT MAJOR ASSISTANCE FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY

IT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: junebug
I really want a Game of Thrones roleplay with my character and Sansa *weeps because I'm an impatient bastard*

Just when I think everything's going well, life comes along and smacks me upside the head with a cast iron frying pan.....

Looked for RP partners on reddit. That was a big fucking mistake I:

Dear people who don't know how to not spoil Season 6 of Game of Thrones,

sansa.gif

Please have some consideration for those who haven't seen Season 6 yet. You look like lunatics.

My knees legs are killing me. At least I'll (hopefully) be done packing tomorrow

Humanities is not the same as last time when I genuinely enjoyed it. I don't like this class because of the way he teaches and his personality. Now, I have to recover my grade in a class I don't enjoy. Fuck.

All I want is to be spoken to like an adult for once. Is that too much to fucking ask?!

Either there are a bunch of little kids outside making very strange noises or I am starting to hallucinate.

Apparently my grandma's not doing too hot. We were never particularly close or anything, but she's still my grandmother, and also my last living grandparent... then again, we thought she was going to pass away in January and she pulled back from the brink of death, so who knows.

All the things around me look way out of my depth and hard to approach.

I only seem to get attention when I give people money.

why do straight and cisgendered people want to be a part of the LGBT community so badly

please stop

ARRRRRGGGGHHH

*muffled screaming and sobbing*

I'm so ready for this move to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.