Ransom

*Hangs them all* Slight delay, working on landing a job and the hours to get it are more than the hours once I have it. It'll be done before Thursday.

Name: 'The Stranger'
Appearance:

gunslinger_by_degos-d32lp7c.png

The top half of his head is not bandaged up from the nose above, but the hat he wears
is often pulled down so that it obscures this fact from view. He wears brown leather
boots complete with spurs which deny him any sort of stealth.

Obviously those are neither the guns he uses nor the gunbelt. Those will be detailed
under equipment.

Equipment:

Pale Rider- A white appaloosa which 'The Stranger' rides.

Colt 1851 Navy- A revolver with a loading gate cartridge conversion kit. Customized, his being outfitted with wooden grips inlaid with a silver rattlesnake on each side.

HS1905_small_thumb.jpg

Legend: During the war, there was tale of a young gun named Duncan who had a quick-draw like a rattlesnake. He also managed to survive the entire war without receiving any life-ending wounds. No internal organ damage, no amputations, and no damage to his face whatsoever. All things considered he made out pretty well. He headed out west after the end of the war to get away from the south he despises so deeply. During his time as a Confederate soldier, he had become seriously disillusioned with the society he had been raised up in.

Ending up in the wrong place at the wrong time and on the wrong end of Johnny William's gun on April 1st.

Left for dead on top of a large tumbleweed out in the desert and bleeding from a gunshot wound to the heart, Duncan died hours later. Weak as the plant was his corpse soon sank down into it until the body touched the ground. The body was never found let alone laid to rest and buried in a proper grave.

Not that this is actually really important information, other than the fact that exactly on July 1st was the first time anyone laid eyes on 'The Stranger'.

And that the first time he spoke was not from his mouth, but from his gun. No one could deny calling him a gunslinger the way his aim almost always rang true. Most men he gunned down could not outdraw him while the few that could found their shots counted for nothing. In the end he survived them all.

Words have spread around the west like rogue tumbleweed that 'The Stranger' cannot be stopped by mere bullets. Not even knives or full-fledged calvary swords. One tale tells of him surviving a shot dead between the eyes. Another that he survived being tied to a rock and tossed into a lake by bandits. Still another exists that he once walked into a town once with enough arrows in him to win a porcupine lookalike contest. Most joke that a cannon could probably get the job done. . . but that not many common folk own their own cannon. Dynamite still remains fairplay as well Some whisper that a shot to the heart would do the job. . . like pulling the root of a plant right out from the ground so that it could never grow back. But the only thing anyone is sure of is that no one knows for certain what will finally kill him.

Ability:
Tumbleweird- Tumbleweed soaked in his blood somehow brought his corpse back to life. It is the only explanation. And he uses this newfound life to seek revenge against those that wronged him. But he cannot win all the gunfights in the world. He dies and comes back, but every time he does, it's a little less human, a little more brambles and branches. Now he no longer eats food. Instead he drinks water when the urge strikes him. It even allows him to regenerate from minor wounds over time. But one day. . . he'll just become tumbleweeds and blow away.

Motive: Revenge.

*Coughs a little*

*Points at date*

*Shuffles awkwardly*

I know, I know. Moving back into college after SB has complicated things a tad. I won't have you wait much longer. *Makes the IC even more awesome to compensate for the wait*

*looks up 'excuse' and 'reason' in the dictionary and then compares*

...huh? what? oh yeah! you do that!

I know, I know. Moving back into college after SB has complicated things a tad. I won't have you wait much longer. *Makes the IC even more awesome to compensate for the wait*

*looks at watch*

Hmmm. . .

This IC is gonna be SOOOO awesome!

Right you are Asmo.

Alright. After getting my affairs in order, Ransom is back up.

Consider applications closed for the time being...those still interested in soldiering on for this rp, post your interest in the following posts and I'll get a head count. We might have room for a character or two thereafter, but for now, Apps are officially closed...at least while I tally the headcount.

Sorry for making you all wait so long.

*Squints*

It WOULD be a shame if my AWESOME CHARACTER SHEET were for nothing after all of the WORK I put into it...

Um, I dunno. I have kind of completely forgotten what we were doing...

Still interested.

S'all good Cammy. The plot summary is up on the first page and your character was working with a jaguar spirit. If you're not as on board anymore, just let me know and I'll make the corrections ^_^

Alternately...you could hit me up on skype and I'll run over the notes we had.

Still interested.

Excellent. Thanks ya'll for sticking through it. Now to hear from Asmo and a few others.

That would be Asmo, Grumpy, Zen, and Revi that we're waiting on. Hushabye and Clockworks have gone Lurker, so I'm not sure if we'll hear back from them. Maybe shoot them a PM? And Synaptic deleted his account, it seems.

Yup still interested.

*pulls up a chair for his wife*