Protective Love

(God I love brainstorming, OK why don't you set up the scene real fast before I get ready to unveil my "Story Of The Day!" ^__^ I'd Like to see more of how You'd set this up. And just for reference, I'm trying to go for the whole silent strong macho guy who tries not to show his emotions very often but at the same time he shows kind gestures such as a pat on the head a kiss on the forehead a a surprise gift. Things like that ^__^)

(Got it. Starting now.)

Melinda smiled at Mich as he reassured her with a gentle kiss to her forehead and nodded, "Alright, I won't argue with an officer...thank you."

And with that, she quickly jumped off the counter and practically ran out of the bathroom to give the man some privacy to get dressed. It's been an entire month since Melinda had been staying with Michael and she had grown very used to being with the man despite his lack of personal conversation most of the time and his refusal to share his true feelings. She didn't feel too bad about it, though, for he showed her that he cared with all the little things he did for her, like letting her sleep on the bed so she was more comfortable and not complain about sleeping on the couch or caring for the cuts she received when dealing with food and a knife again, despite her promise that she would be more careful. In all honesty, she was just clumsy, but even though he chastised her for hurting herself, he never made her feel bad about it and would just silently bandage up her wounds with the all the gentleness and warmth he had shown her that very first time. Most importantly, when she had sudden attacks of nightmares of the time when she was kidnapped, starved, and raped, he was there to offer his shoulder for her to cry on, though he did so silently and without agitation. Melinda couldn't help but find him, this scarred and silent, strong man who seemed as sweet as a kitten when they were alone, attractive and handsome because of the way he was. He protected her and made her smile.

However, for the past few days, he seemed to have been a little aggravated. Not at her, but she figured it had to do with work; nontheless, he would come home a lot more silent than usual, though he would never tell her why, and practically lock himself away in some room somewhere in the apartment. She never wanted to bother him, so she would simply make him some lunch, as she had grown a habit of doing for him, seek out his hiding place and set it down for him to discover later without disturbing him. Now, as she lounged in the living room on the couch, holding a napping Storm in her lap, she wondered what kind of day Mich was having and if it would be a little bit better than the day before.

Mich slowly stuck the key into the door before pushing it open silently and shutting it harder then usual. He took a look over at Melinda before flashing her a half hearted smile and making his way to the kitchen. He quickly opened the highest cabinet, which was where he kept his liquor so She couldn't get to it. and He pulled out a bottle of whiskey. Unscrewing the cap he tipped it back and took a long chug before screwing the cap back on and walking out to the balcony locking the door behind him. As he walked to the railing he stared out across the skyline of the city. It was almost peaceful but he didn't care. He was too pissed to care. He took another long swig of whiskey before finally setting the bottle down and unlocking the door walking back inside. As he stepped inside he slowly and silently walked past Melinda and into the bedroom this time not bothering to shut the door as he sat down on the edge of the bed and ran his hands through his short hair, letting out an aggravated sigh before bringing his hands t his knees. 'The hell am I going to do. This guy might get off on a fucking technicality, all because i couldn't control my temper! FUCK!'

'I guess today wasn't any better than yesterday,' Melinda thought to herself, looking down at Storm before setting him down on the sofa and making her way through the apartment in search of her caretaker.

It was almost like a game, trying to find him without letting him see her first; half the time she was successful, the other half she was caught before she even knew she had found him. It was easy today because he was in his room, sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands as he stared down hard at the carpet. He didn't even seem to notice that she was standing there looking at him, her eyes glinting with worry. It seemed much worse today, she could practically feel it. Being careful, she slowly made her way over to him and kneeled beside him, her hand settling on his knee to get his attention.

"Mich?" she asked quietly, tilting her head to try and catch his eye, "What's wrong? And don't tell me that nothing's wrong because I can tell it is."

Mich looked at Melinda, his eyes wide with shock as she saw him so worried. Looking up at her he sighed for a moment before reaching out and placing a hand on her head russeling her hair saying "It's DaVinci. His trial has been going o n the last few days. They keep saying he might get off on a technicality. According to his lawyer i used unnecessary force in an interrogation and he can be let off on that technicality. I shouldn't have done it. I shouldn't have lost control, but that monster . . . That thing, deserved it, and I wanted so much to end him, and now, he might go free again." He looked back down at the ground angrilly before a single tear ran down his face and dripped from his chin onto the carpet. He looked back up at her for a moment before pulling her into a hug saying "I'm so sorry. I should have held back, now because of me he's going to be free to do whatever he wants regardless of what he did to you. It's all my fault." As he held her he just wanted to cry the thought of that man getting out and killing more people raping more women, it just filled him with a rage he couldn't get out.

(I smell conflict in the future! If DaVinci gets out, he could go after Melinda again later in the rp. Oh my god, you're a genius!)

Melinda had tensed up at the mention of DaVinci and even more so when the thought of the man going free registered in her mind, but she forced herself to relax and wrapped her arms around Mich. He was obviously very shaken by the news; he never cried, not in front of her anyway, so when she saw that tear, she knew it really got to him. She rubbed his back and encouraged him to do whatever it was he needed to do to release his pent up emotions.

"Michael...it'll be okay," she told him a quiet voice, being gentle with the man like he always was with her, "I know none of this was done on purpose. Regardless of what happens, I know you're a good man with a wonderful heart."

She pulled back from him slightly, her hand cupping his left cheek as she turned her head to look into his eyes, "I'm here for you, Mich."

With a surge of emotions, she leaned forward more and placed a gentle kiss to his lips, her fingers still cupping his cheek and her hair tumbling over her shoulder to brush against his chest and face.

(Absolutely! DaVinci, Is My version of a "Joker". He's got the similar character style that i love in a villain, to evil and psychotic to be allowed to live, but no one is willing to truly take his life ^__^. OK I'll get some posts up to you tomorrow I have to go to Bed goodnight my wifey! ^__^)

(Night lover! Haha, XD)

Mich looked up at Melinda for a moment when to his surprise her lips pressed gently to his. For the first time in forever, someone actually was consoling him. He smiled softly as he slowly pulled her closer into him wrapping his arms gently around her slender frame her body pressing against his as he continued to kiss her a little more passionately before finally breaking out of the kiss with a pant before pressing his forehead to hers saying "You don't have to worry about me. I'm more then capable of keeping my head. . . But thanks" He looked into her eyes for a moment before a warm smile washed over his face. His grip loosened only slightly before he leaned in and kissed her one more time. He knew t probably wasn't smart to like this girl as much as he did, especially sense she was so much younger then him . . . but he did, and this kiss, he loved it.

Melinda's heart lurched as his arms circled her waist again and he gently tugged her forward to place another kiss to her lips. Her arms slowly draped around his neck as she reciprocated the action, losing herself in his warmth and his strength...and his affection for her. She wasn't sure if he was kissing her because he loved her, she wasn't even sure if SHE was kissing HIM because she loved him, but she did hold a lot of affection for the man and he held a special place in her heart and that was all she needed for the moment. It didn't matter that he was much older than she was, 26 she thought he had told her once; he was a man who didn't take advantage of her, who didn't hurt her, who protected her from all others with his life.

She pulled back from the kiss after a few minutes, smiling dreamily as she stared into his eyes and bit her bottom lip, her smaller fingers resting on his broad shoulders; "You must be hungry. I haven't made you anything yet," she said, brushing her fingers over his cheek playfully, "You're also running out of food, so maybe I should make a trip to the store."

Mich tightened his grip on her only slightly at the mention of her leaving him just to go fix him something to eat like she had every day for the past month. But as soon as she said she should make a trip to the store his grip tightened a little more noticeably but not enough to hurt her as his eyes went back to there usual dark protective gleam as he said "No. Your not going anywhere by yourself. Not until DaVinci's trial is over. His men are everywhere right now with no one to lead them. It's not safe for you out there, especially because they know who you are. . ." He loosened his grip for a moment before burying his face in her neck. He thought silently to himself for a long arduous minute before saying "How about you and me both go to the store. Besides, I'd like you to get somethings you can eat." He smiled up at her his eyes warm and soft again before trying to hide his worry for her by saying "Besides, I'm out of beer. And your not old enough to buy it." He smiled softly before placing his lips to her's one more time, enjoying the moment, not caring about the beer the food, or DaVinci. Her lips her body pressed to his, her safety . . . her love, was all that mattered in that moment.

Melinda smiled into the kiss, her lips parting slowly as her tongue slipped into his mouth and tangled with his sensuously. It was strange; she was so sure after what happened with DaVinci that she would never trust another man again and, to a certain extent, she didn't. The few times that she felt well enough to actually go outside with Mich, she shied away from any man that came within five feet of her, practically hiding behind her protector until they had passed. She tensed up if she heard a man's voice too near and never looked any of them in the eye. However, with Michael, she felt calm and at ease in his presenc and his presence alone. He was bigger and stronger than any man she had ever encountered, but he knew how to be gentle with her and how to comfort her...and adore her as he was now.

She broke the kiss again and looked at him, grinning slightly as she nodded, "We should probably go now, then, because you really do need to stock up your fridge and cabinets. Unless you're too tired."

Her big golden eyes looked up at him and she absently placed with the spaces between his fingers, running her nail up one side and then down the other all the way to the pinky and then back again.

Mich smiled softly before scooping her up in his arms and laying her back onto the bed saying "Babe, I'm never tired. I only sleep to convince people I'm human." He smiled wide this time amused at his Joke before climbing off of her and slipping his shirt off and dropping his police belt to the floor with a loud thud. He walked to the closet for a moment before pulling out a black tank top Like he was used to wearing and a pear of gym shorts. But before getting dressed he tossed a second pare of gym shorts and a slightly smaller tank top that would fit Melinda snugly saying "Get changed were going to the gym first." He smiled softly before stepping out of the bedroom to give her privacy while he himself changed into his tank top and shorts. As he got dressed he walked out to the balcony and took one last swig of his whiskey before putting it up and waiting for Melinda.

(Sorry for the wait, Mich Showed up we went and saw a late showing of the hobit >_> it was really fucking good . . . how are yooooou doin?)

Melinda watched Mich leave the room until the door clicked shut before she looked down at the shiites and tank in her hands. She hesitantly put them on, the tank hugged her torso snugly and revealing all of her curves and firm breasts and the shorts reached down to her shins. Still too uncomfortable to show her body, she decided to wear a zip-up jacket that his most of her torso. After she was done changing, she left the room in search of Michael.

(How sweet!? You must have been surprised! He sounds like a great guy. ^.^)

Micheal smiled aty Melinda as she stepped out wearing the clothes he had tossed her, and a hoodie . . . to hide her body. He smirked at that, she still didn't feel comfortable about her body anymore. It was a little cute but still it made him sad. He walked up to her slowly as he took her in and as he got up to her he leaned down and kissed her lightly on the forehead saying "You ready?" As he leaned back again he smiled softly down at her as he reached into his pocket and fished out his keys. He had a plan for the night. He was going to teach her to defend yourself. She didn't seem the violent type at all, but she might begin to feel more comfortable about herself if she knew how to defend herself. SHe'd probably never reach his level but you never know, she was still young.

She nodded at his question, quickly skipping over to Mich's side and grabbing hold of his arm in her smaller hands.

"What are we going to the gym for?" she asked him curiously, her grip tightening around his wrist as they stepped through the front door, "You've never taken me to the gym before."

The thought had her a little on edge; there would be a plethora of men there. Big, burly men that could easily overpower her as if she were a rag doll if they wanted. She knew Michael would be there with her the whole time, but what if she were kidnapped again? These thoughts scared her, but at the same time, they were just more reasons for her to go. She couldn't spend the rest of her life cooped up in the apartment afraid of the world. Baby steps was the best way to go and she wasn't going to let herself be separated from her protector.

Mich smiled before saying "It's a surprise." Mich walked her out to his car and opened her door for her to get in before finally climbing into the driver seat. starting up the car her Grabbed a CD and slipped it in. As they drove to the gym Mich reached over and took Melinda's hand in his smiling slightly to himself not used to actually holding anyone's hand so he didn't face her. When they finally got to the Gym he pulled his hand away and climbed out before walking around to her door opening it for her and taking her hand again in his as he walked towards the gym with her. As they stepped inside a rather large man Wearing nothing more then a pare of gym shorts took one look at him before yelling
"YO! Micheal! How's it going man! We haven't seen you in here in like a month!" Mich smirked at the man before saying "I had better things to do." He high fived the guy as they walked past before turning to see if Melinda was OK. The gym was full of a lot of men and he knew they made her uncomfortable. As he looked at her he gave her a worried look saying "You OK with being here?"

Her eyes were darting around every which way, the girl practically hyperventilating as she took in every man she saw and stored his face away in her memory bank, just in case. Then, she did a quick sweep in search of exits should she have to make a quick escape; after what had happened to her, she wasn't taking any chances. However, at the sound of Mich's voice floating over her, she turned to him with wide, unsure eyes. The look of worry on his face touched her heart and warmed her body, making a smile appear across her face as she calmed a bit more to nod in answer.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine," she answered, jumping closer towards him with a large, beefy man almost shouldered his way past them while giving her a small glance before completely ignoring her presence and going about his way, "They're not...going to be bothered that I'm here. I mean...I do stand out...as a little person, you know, hehe."

Mich held her close to him and turned to face the man who had almost ran Melinda over and shouted "Hey!" As the man turned around to face him he took one look into Micheal's eyes and slumped down slightly. Mich Looked at him for a moment longer before saying "Apologize to my girl." The man turned to face Melinda a little embarrassed to be apologizing as he said "Sorry." And just like that he went on his way. Mich turned to look down at Melinda for a moment before saying "Trust me, no one here is going to fuck with us." He gave her a reassuring smile before wrapping his arm around her and leading her to the back of the gym where there was a single punching bag and weight bench. The punching bag was covered in duct tape and stitches from being beaten way to hard in the past and had a chain on the top going up to the ceiling and a chain on the bottom going to the floor holding it perfectly into place. Mich slowly walked up to the punching bag and pressed his hand against it before turning to face Melinda saying "Today I'm going to start your workout regimen. You will learn to defend yourself and get fit and stronger. It's not healthy for you to stay couped up all the time. Now what do you say, You ready?"

Melinda looked from the punching bag to Mich and then back to the punching bag; 'That would explain why he made me dress like this,' she thought to herself, looking down at her attire.

Looking back up at her protector, she gave him a small smile and nodded her head, holding her fists up in preparation, "I'm ready. I'll give it my best...just don't kill me though."

She gave a small laugh and then punched the punching bag, though it could hardly be considered a punch since it barely moved from its stationary spot. She flinched at her weak attack, declaring herself now as weak as her kitten and completely defenseless in the face of another attack. She definitely needed these lessons and she was grateful to Mich for deciding to teach her. It would probably be easier on him, too, if she knew how to at least fend for herself during a time that he couldn't be there.

"Looks like you got your work cut out for you, coach," she stated playfully, punching the bag again and getting the same result, "A lot of work."