Protective Love

Mich smiled slightly at her placing his hand ontop of her head before saying "No problem." He gave her a warm smile before taking a step back examining her before saying "Hey How would you feel about coming down to the precinct with me? I don't really want to leave you alone right now." He wasn't lying either. He didn't want her to be alone. But at the same time he had to set up a couple of things at work so that he could spend some time getting her back on her feet. He was mostly going to assign duties for the week and then leave but he didn't know how long it would take "Achoo!" 'God i hate allergies' He looked back down at the cat for a moment before reaching out and scratching the top of it's head saying "As much as it kills me, I'm glad you found that cat." He then stopped down bending over and squatting down till he was at eye level with the cat before grinning softly scratching it's chin playfully as it mewed at him.

"The...precint?" she repeated, blinking her golden eyes curiously before they fogged over and a small shiver racked her body, "Will...Will DaVinci...be there?"

Mich had already promised her that she wasn't going to talk to him, but just the thought of seeing the man made her sick to her stomach and light headed. That evil grin of his, those terrible cold eyes...all those threats about how if no one showed an interest in her, then he would just use her for his own enjoyment. She still remembered how he proved to her that he wasn't lying by tossing her on that old mattress in that room and shoved his fingers inside of her womanhood, a place that no one had ever touched before, and attacked her breasts with his mouth. She tightened her arms around her unconsciously, the disgust rising...but as she looked down at Mich, she felt that he would never put her through a similar emotional trauma and had calmed herself down considerably.

Taking a deep breath, she nodded, "Okay...I'll go. I don't really want to be alone either...Can I bring Storm, too?"

He smiled softly before nodding for her to bring him along. He slowly reached under his bed and pulled a baton from under it and slipped it into a holster on his right thigh before placing a hand protectively around her to rest on her shoulder as he lead her out of the house and down to his car. Even in the low light it stood out, being the only classic car that was in flawless condition. He slowly opened the passenger door for her to climb in before quickly walking around to the driver side and getting in. As he climbed in he smirked at her before saying "Buckle up." After she was buckled he pulled out of the parking lot and headed for the precinct. As they drove he slowly turned pulled out a cd from his dashboard and slipped it into the CD player. As they drove he nodded his head to the music a small grin reaching it's way as he actually enjoyed the music.

Micheal rarely smiled but when he did it meant he was actually happy, or really liked something. That was something most people at the precinct knew about him. When they finally arrived Mich hopped out of the car and walked around to Melinda's side and opened her door helping her out before leading her inside saying "Keep close." As soon as they got inside he was rushed with police officers with mission intel and reports. He quickly began examining the documents as he lead Melinda to his office, giving orders to his officers and discussing criminals the whole way there. WHen He finaly got to his office he dismissed them and opened the door so Melinda could enter. His office was a rather decent sized office with a large desk at the far end with a large window behind it. IN the center facing his desk was a Sofa and Two Wooden chairs. He directed her to the sofa as he walked to his desk and picked up his phone saying "Hey Send Lupe in will you. . . Thanks" He then leaned against his desk his ever so serious look on his face again as he crossed his arms again facing the girl saying "I'm going to have Lupe hang with you while I go do something real fast. So just feel free to talk with her. She's a nice girl. SHe's actually only a year older then you." He smirked slightly before it quickly went away as Lupe knocked on the door and entered. She saluted Micheal respectfully before he said "I keep telling you, this isn't the military, so you don't have to be so respectful. Listen I need you to keep an Eye on Melinda for me. I have to go do something." Lupe looked at Melinda worriedly for a moment before stepping up closer to him saying in his ear "Your not going to talk to DaVinci Are you? He said He wouldn't talk to anyone but the girl." Micheal's eyes shot to Melinda for a second before he stood up straight looming over both of them saying quietly to Lupe "He'll talk."

Just like that he was gone leaving Lupe in the room with Melinda. Lupe smiled softly at her for a moment before sitting down next to her saying "Hey, I'm Lupe, Your Melinda right? I was with Mich when he saved you. He really pushed himself. Listen, uhm I know you might not want to, but, I was the one who examined you after you passed out, and I know you were Raped. So does Mich. I just wanted you to know If you need to talk I'm Here." She smiled softly before taking a seat across from her in one of the wooden chairs, meanwhile Micheal was busy Dragging DaVinci from his cell and into one of the interrogation rooms before shutting the door and jamming a chair up under the doorknob stopping anyone from entering. He quickly stood the man up before head butting him violently sending him crashing back into the bolted down table yelling "Hey hey hey! Whatever happened to common courtesy?"

(This was just an Idea But I was thinking He would start to ATTEMPT an interrogation but it would quickly turn into him beating the man for raping your character and everyone in the pricinct would rush to try and stop him and your character would end up seeing him from behind the two way mirror in the room hearing him angrilly beating the man for what he did to your character. I was thinking that would kind of be what could spark something between them. Nothing to sudden, just something to get her thinking about him. Let me know what you think)

Melinda smiled at Lupe, her tensed shoulders loosening just a little, but the memory of that horrible day kept her on edge and afraid; "Thank you...Miss Lupe," she replied, pushing her dark locks behind her ear as she stared down at Storm, the little kitten peering up at her as he mewed, trying to climb his way up her shirt, "I'm sure I'll want to talk about it someday...but for right now, I think I just want to try and forget it for a time."

She quickly wiped away the tears that had spotted the corners of her eyes and looked at the woman, hesitating before starting, "So...you said you were with Michael when he came to rescue me...that he really pushed himself. Is he always that determined with all of his cases? If so...that's really admirable. I've always felt too many cases go cold because officers just give up if they don't find anything within the right time frame. He must be a great man...what's it like to work with him? He seems to have a tough exterior and be on the gruff side, but he also seems very kind and warm."

Melinda bit her bottom lip as she looked out the door, wondering if Mich had gone to talk to DaVinci and if he was having any luck; "Earlier...he got a radio call saying that DaVinci wouldn't talk to anyone else but me. Do you think...he'll cooperate better if I'm there?"

(I like your idea! Because Melinda already feels a kindness towards him, but with the fight, she'll see a man that actually cares for her and will definitely feel a spark. ^.^)

Lupe Smiled softly at the girl as she remembered the first time she met him saying "Yes, he's always been a tough man, and he's never once given up on a case. I remember when I first arrived here, I was sent out on patrol and My squad car got ambushed. I was taking heavy fire from arrows and couldn't even leave my squad car. They had already begun to try and pry open my driver side door when the captain actually hit them with his car, and I'll tell you he loves that car a lot. He took out those men and then he barked one order to me from his car. Stay in the car no matter what. He took on everyone of those men, DaVinci's men, and during the fight DaVinci actually showed up." She stopped talking for a moment a tinge of regret in her face before saying "You know that scar across his face? DaVicni did that too him that night. Mich took an axe to the face. But he never stopped fighting, he managed to take out all but DaVinci without a single casualty. He never blamed me though, No matter how much I blamed myself for being there, getting caught, not having the courage to get out and help him. But aside from that, he's a strong man who never gives up, but your case, your case sparked something in him, He pulled anyone not currently working on a case to work on yours. Your case was the first time he actually went all out and actually killed someone in along time." She smiled slightly before she mentioned DaVinci wanting to speak with her. Lupe looked her in the face and straight up said "If the captain says your not talking to him, you don't have to, he can usually make people talk." She smiled softly before slowly leaning over to pet the cat in her lap.

Meanwhile Micheal was looming over DaVinci as he sat in a chair. He gripped him by the back of the neck tightly before saying "I want to know who your contacts are, and if you tell me who they are, I may just not sentence you to death for slave trafficking kidnapping rape murder, and drug trafficking." DaVinci chuckled before saying "I'm sorry, Is that Melinda speaking? No? Oh well then I have no answers!" He began to laugh maniacally until Micheal slammed his palm into the back of his head slamming his face into the bolted down Table screaming out "Give me ONE FUCKING REASON why not to kill you now!" He loomed over him angrilly as DaVinci rolled around on the floor his hands cuffed behind his back and blood running down his face from his newly broken nose. Micheal slowly picked the man up as people began beating on the door trying to open it. He then pinned the man to the wall before uncuffing him saying "I'm going to let you take the first swing you psychotic piece of shit." By This point Martinez, one of the fellow officers ran into Micheal's office yelling to Lupe "Yo Lupe! Everyone needs To get to the interrogation room! Mich's holding nothing back! He might actually kill DaVinci!" In An Instant Lupe was on her feet and at the door before turning to Melinda saying "Come on, I told Him I wouldn't leave you alone." She held out her hand to her so she could lead her threw the precinct without getting stopped.

Melinda was shocked by the revelation, but hesitantly reached out and grabbed hold of Lupe's hand, the woman pulling her to her feet and bolting down the hallway. They made it to the interrogation room in what felt like seconds and Lupe told her to wait in the room with the two way mirror. The teen stared on in shock as Michael attacked DaVinci, her stomach lurching at the sight of the evil man that stole her innocence and her peaceful life. She saw the blood running down his nose, the look of anger on his face, but then saw Michael struggling to get at him. Seeing Mich do this, fight so hard to get revenge against the man on her behalf, something changed in Melinda in regards to the man.

Her heart...felt warmer and she felt like she saw him in a differentl light for a moment. She wasn't sure what she was feeling, but it was there and it gave her a whole new respect for the officer. He was her hero who was fighting for her to the end; she felt more than just lucky and grateful to have had him on her case...now she was just wondering two things: was he really going to kill DaVinci and why did her case mean so much to him?

DaVinci Grinned wildly at Mich as he pushed him back his hands finally free before jumping back into the wall and pushing off putting all of his forced into a kick. Mich Quickly caught his legand brought his elbow down on the already injured kneecap and this time shattered it with a sickening crunch. DaVinci quickly dropped to his knee but instead of screaming he was laughing. Mich quickly grabbed his with both hands by the shirt and hoisted him to his feet before throwing punch after punch into his face each one heavier then the last until he finally stopped and took a step back panting to himself now before screaming down at the man "I Should Kill You! I should fucking kill you you god damn piece of scum!" He began to pace back and forth as the rest of his officers began to pound on the door harder and harder trying to open it. Finally Mich stopped pacing before walking up to the still laughing DaVinci before hoisting him up to his feet and reeling his arm back he slammed his palm into his forehead slamming his head back into the wall denting the plaster and leaving a hole in the wall as the man dropped to the floor no longer laughing but now clutching his head as he rolled over coughing. Mich quickly walked over to the door and ripped the chair away from it throwing it across the room as he stepped out letting the rest of the officers step in to look over the mans newly appointed Injuries. AS He stepped Into the hall he wiped his knuckled clean on a piece of cloth from his pocket before Lupe walked up to him and said "You Idiot! What the hell were you doing! You do realize That girl just saw that whole thing!" Micheal's eyes shot wide open before he dashed to the interrogation room and opened the door to see Melinda inside staring at DaVinci inside. He stood there for a moment before running up to her and stepping in front of her to block her view of the mirror and wrapped his arms around her placing a hand gently on her head saying "I thought I told you to wait in my office. I didn't want you to see that." He didn't know what else to say but he knew that man in there was her worst nightmare and he was regretting not killing him but at the same time he was glad he hadn't.

Melinda's arms slowly wrapped around his waist as she hugged him in return, the vision of DaVinci writhing in pain on the floor bringing her a sense of sick pleasure that the man had finally gotten what he deserved, though he would never know the pain and humiliation that he had put her through. Regardless of that, though, all thoughts of that ugly human being were wiped away when the warmth of Mich's arms encased her and the kindness that he held within him covered her like a comforting blanket. His deep voice reverberated throughout her body and for that moment...she actually felt at peace.

"I-I'm sorry for not listening," she apologized in a quiet voice, speaking against his chest, "but they called Lupe and you told her not to leave me, so she had to bring me along...don't be mad at her, okay?"

She felt his hands flex on her shoulder and turned her head to look down at them, seeing his knuckles stained red with blood from DaVinci's broken nose. Slowly, her caramel hands took his fingers in their grasp and she gently ran her fingers over his knuckles, touching them very lightly for fear of causing him pain. He had tried to get justice and revenge for her pain with these hands.

"Do they hurt?" she asked, looking at his knuckles intently.

Mich looked down at Melinda before bringing a hand to her cheek to tilt it up to look at her as he said "Don't worry. Pain I can deal with. Besides, It's not that bad." He smiled genuinely down at her before leaning in and placing his lips gently to her forehead kissing the soft skin and as his lips parted from her skin he opened his eyes slowly before holding her body closer to his as he said, "Don't worry. I'm gong to do everything in my power to put DaVinci in jail. I'm going to have him locked up for life for what he did to you."

His grip tightened slightly as he closed his eyes shut tightly hiding his face from her eyes as he buried a kiss into the top of her head. He had been so close to getting there before they got away. If he'd only been faster, If he'd been there sooner, He could have saved her. From that thing, called a man. He pulled back from her for just a moment before saying "If you need to for now, you can cry. No one will see."

He smiled down at her reassuringly not wanting to see her cry but knowing that it would help. To get out that pent up fear and sorrow. It had always helped people before. Including Lupe, after her run in with DaVinci. After her ambush she went home to find him waiting for her. After he had finished with her he called Micheal personally to inform him of the crime he had just committed with that evil cackle of his.

Melinda's eyes had been shut for the longest time, the girl trying to keep fresh tears from streaming down her face as she felt the man's tender kisses to her forehead and hair, felt the safety of his arms around her again, but when he whispered those words to her, told her that it was okay to cry right then, well, how could she not? Her eyelashes became wet with unshed tears and she desperately tried to wipe the salty water away before it cascaded down her cheeks, but it was already too late.

"I...I was trying to keep from crying," she said as she pressed her palms to her eyes, to catch the tears, "I didn't want to cry anymore...he's so evil! Prison is too good for him! He doesn't deserve to live for what he did to me! For what he did to hundreds of other girls! I'm sure I'm not the first and I'm sure I won't be the last! How can a human be so heartless and have the audacity to call himself a man!? How?! Michael..."

With his name as the last word, Melinda wrapped her arms around his waist and held him tightly as she sobbed into his shirt.

Micheal slowly wrapped his arms around her before slumping down to the ground with her holding her to his chest saying "Because he's not a man. He's a monster. A psychotic monster who prays on the innocent and weak. But I won't let him touch you again. I promise you." Reaching down to tilt her face up to look at him he pressed his forehead to hers leaning down closer as he said "I will protect you from now on. I will never let anyone hurt you again." SMiling softly he pressed his lips to her forehead again before looking down at her a soft caring smile etched across his face as Lupe Stood just outside the door keeping people from interrupting them as she held Storm in her arms petting it lightly as it mewed up at her.

Melinda stared up at Michael as he said this, the smile on his face softening his features and making her trust him all the more. With a choked sob, she threw her arms around him and buried her face in his neck.

"I believe you...thank you," she whispered, crying out the rest of her grief for everything that has happened.

About twenty minutes later, she had finally recollected herself and got to her feet with Michaels help, deciding that she had intruded long enough on his daily duties and smiled apologetically. She made her way over to Lupe, taking her kitten from her and thanking her for watching him before apologizing to the girl for making a scene the way that she did. She scratched Storm underneath his chin and nuzzled him against her face, giggling as his little tongue licked her cheek.

"What should I do now, Lupe? I don't want to be in the way anymore?" she asked the female officer.

Mich sat there and consoled her silently the whole time as she cried only wanting to be there or her. She needed someone, anyone. and He could be that someone. When she finally stopped crying he helped her up before walking over to the corner of the room to wipe away the tears that had collected in the corners of his eyes as he listened to her cry. He then finally after collecting himself walked up behind her and wrapped his arm around her placing it gently on her shoulder saying "Nothing. I'm done here. Lupe I'm taking the week off for vacation time so your in charge till i get back." Lupe smiled softly at him before saluting him again even though he hated it and then shook Melinda's hand saying "You hang in there, Your lucky to have Mich here looking after you. He's a great man." Mich smiled softly before leading her Melinda out to his car again and once again letting her in first before taking his seat. As they finally got inside he turned to her and said "You ready to go home, with me?" He was unsure if she'd still want to be under the same roof as him after what he'd done but Hopefully she'd be ok staying at his place.

She looked at him for a moment before a smile bloomed over her face, one that was still darkened by the haze of sadness, but a smile nonetheless; "Yes...if you'll still have me," she replied, looking down at Storm and placing a gentle kiss to the top of his head, "Besides...I don't have anywhere else to go. On top of that, I think Storm likes you and will probably be sad if he's separated now."

Melinda held the kitten out towards the man, Storm mewing in his face and tapping his little paw against his nose before cuddling against his cheek.

"Achoo." 'Fucking allergies' Mich stared at the cat before reaching up and scratching it's chin lightly as a small smile went across his face but it quickly went away as he flipped his CD back on and headed for home. The whole way home he kept looking over at Melinda occasionally. She was so young, and her innocence had been taken from her. He couldn't help but feel a pain deep in his chest every time he thought about it. When they finally got back home he smiled softly before walking to her door, and this time instead of simply opening the door he scooped her up in his right arm almost letting him sit on his forearm like a sing as he carried her up to his apartment. She was rather light so he barely noticed her, but she was still weak from those last few days in captivity so he wanted to keep her from walking as much as possible. As he stepped into his apartment he slowly walked to the sofa before turning on the TV and setting her down cat and all He handed her the remote saying "Watch some TV and Relax, I'm going to go take a shower." He smiled slightly, very slightly before leaving her to go take his shower. As he entered his bedroom he simply nudged the door closed slightly leaving it cracked enough to see inside and for him to here her if she needed him. He slowly but surely stripped out of his gear before slipping out of his clothes piece by piece and when he finally finished he sauntered into the bathroom and climbed under the rather hot water. He liked his showers extremely hot. More so then most, but the pain helped to numb him from the rest of his pains.

Even though he had told her to just relax and watch some TV, Melinda didn't feel right doing so. She felt she had to do SOMETHING to show her gratitude, just a little something. Getting up, she looked at the clock and noticed that it was probably around lunch time for Mich; she didn't know what his eating habits were, but she figured he would probably be hungry by then. So, scooping Storm up in her arms and moving quickly, she scuffled into the kitchen and had a quick look around. She gave Storm some more milk to keep him busy as she searched through the fridge and freezer and the cupboards. Mich was a rather big man, strong and full of muscle, so she figured he indulged in a lot of protein, which, by default, probably made him a meat eater. She found a chunk of roast beef that would be great for a sandwich along with some bread, mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. With these in hand, she quickly got to work making him some lunch.

It may be just a small gesture, but she wanted him to know that she was grateful for everything he was doing for her and for being sensitive to her trauma. She moved as quickly as she could, wanting to be done before he got out the shower, however she was moving much too fast to be paying attention and ended up cutting her finger while she was trying to cut the roast beef. She gave a small gasp from the shock of pain and ran to the sink to wash the quickly welling blood from the wound.

"He's not going to be happy to see that," she said to herself, taking some paper towel and wrapping it around her finger in a make-shift bandaid, "I'll finish making him his sandwich then I'll take care of it later."

Ignoring the stinging pain on her finger, and the way the paper towel was starting to get spotty from the blood, she finished up his lunch, added a few potatoe chips and a drink, and left it on the table for him before swooping the now full kitty up in her hands and skipping back to the living room where Mich had left her. She sat back on the couch and stared at the TV, smiling down at her beloved little Storm as he curled up and went to sleep and ignored her bleeding finger for the moment.

Mich stood under the hot water that poured down over her and slowly cleaned himself off, the blood cached under his fingernails and on his knuckles slowly washing away and running off of his hands. When he finally finished his shower he flipped the water out and stepped out onto the still wet rug on the floor from when Melinda had taken a bath earlier. He smirked slightly before Grabbing a towel and tying it around his waist knotting it at his left him allowing his legs perfect movement while leaving his entire left leg out in the open to be seen. He slowly stepped out of the bathroom a towel draped over his head almost like a hood as he walked to the door and stepped out into the living room seeing Melinda sitting on the couch. He walked past her slowly as he made his way into the kitchen before stopping fully staring at the meal waiting for him. A small glass of coke sitting on the counter for him. He smirked at the meal before walking up and taking a large bite of the sandwich. It was good but there was something that would make it better. He slowly walked to the fridge before opening it and pulling out a bottle of beer. He popped the bottle open easily with his palm and took a long swig of the beer before letting out a large sigh saying "Hey! Thanks for the meal!" He smiled wide and walked out to the living room the bottle of beer still in his hand. But as he got closer he took one look at her hand before setting the beer down and kneeling down in front of her taking her hand in his as he unwrapped it.

The wound wasn't very bad, but it was still bleeding. He slowly brought her hand to his face and slipped her finger in his mouth suckling the wound to stop the bleeding. He held her finger there for a moment before Pulling her finger out of his mouth to examine the freshly cleaned wound before saying "You should have been more careful." His eyes were sad for a moment as he looked at the cut before he reached under her and scooped her up carrying her to the bathroom. As he stepped inside he set her gently down on the sink counter and reached up into the medicine cabinet pulling out a medical emergency kit. reaching inside he pulled out a cotton ball and some disinfectant and placed it gently to her finger the whole time trying to ignore the pain he knew she would be feeling. When he finished with that he pulled out a bandage and wrapped it around her finger. When he was finished he kissed her finger gently before saying "Please be more careful in the future."

"It was an accident," she responded, cradling her the newly bandaged digit in her other hand and against her chest, looking down at the bandage, "but thank you for caring for me like this. You know...you're a very kind and gentle person."

A light blush dusted her caramel cheeks as she looked off to the side, her dark locks falling into her face to hide a little of her embarrassment; "I mean, you've got to be kind to take me in...to go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that I was alright...especially since you don't have to," she said, looking up at him, "You don't have to do any of this for me, but you're doing it and I'm so very grateful to you."

Reaching out, she placed her hands on his shoulders and drew him closer, leaning up at the same time to press a sweet kiss to his cheek. She was blushing harder now, realizing for the first time that he was wrapped in nothing but a towel that revealed a powerful left leg and all of his scars, but she tried to hide it as she smiled and released him, waving her finger at him.

"I promise I'll be more careful next time," she said, her eyes gaining back some of the sweetness it had lost in the past few days.

Mich Looked down at the girl for a moment, this young innocent girl. He had fought so hard to reclaim her from that madman that now that she was here he couldn't fight a smile anymore. He slowly leaned in, hearing her words echo over and over again in his head, and wrapped his arms around her gently pressing her into his warm chest, Her still sitting on the sink, he pressed his lips to her forehead and said "You don't need to thank me. I want to do this. For you. I want to see you grow u and get past this, and I want you to be happy. So as long as you need me I'll be here." His words were softer then usual and so was his hug. He was usually so stiff but this hug, it felt so natural it felt good. He didn't know if the same could be said for Melinda but for the first time in awhile he actually felt like it was a real genuine hug. He smiled as his lips remained pressed against her forehead before he said "Just so you know You'll be taking my bed tonight. I'm on the coach."

(When Do you want there first real kiss to be, because I was going to do It here but I felt that might be pushing itwith you and I wanted your opinion. Also when would you like to do a time skip? Just let me know. ^__^)

(I have an idea for both a time skip and their first kiss all in one. We can skip a month ahead that they've been living together; one day, Mich came home from a particularly stressful day that left him agitated and whatnot and Melinda goes to comfort him, crawling into his lap and offering an ear to listen so he could tell her what had happened. What actually did happen is up to you. They share an intimate moment where they finally kiss. Sound good? ^.^ If you would like to make some tweaks or have a different idea, let me know, hehe!)