Name: Gerard Scott Cain
Date of Birth:August 17
th 2464
Birth Place: London, England
Picture:
Human_Mercenary.jpg

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Hazel

Personality: Cain is considered a fair men among his peers, and a competent leader. Generally amiable and approachable to all amongst his crew and those along for the ride, combat personnel and other pilots included, Cain keeps an easy going, almost relaxed attitude regardless of the situation, only cracking his attitude under dire amounts of pressure. Not the biggest fan of leading, but he knows the need for it, and takes the role whenever presented, after all, he considers anyone else would get it wrong.

History: Born to a pair of officer parents within the J.E.F command structure, his father an admiral and his mother a special forces CO, he was held to harshly high standards with no leniency allowed for the young man. It didn't take long for Cain to reach the age he could be enrolled into military academies and schooling, assigned to a training regime for future Gaia Class pilots.

The courses he was assigned to were part of a specialized program for the children of officers and other notable, VIP status individuals, and other exceptions. While he did not shine in most cases, his grasp of history and tactical work was notable, though, far more so then his other peers. And what he couldn't understand, he convinced others to help him out with.

Cain unlearned the harsh, unrelenting and unforgiving mentality from his parents. Thanks to this, he was generally well appreciated by his peers in the Gaia programs, even though they were not as well liked by others due to the sheer difference in systems. But Cain didn't mind, and upon exiting the program and Academy successfully, he was eager to move into newer days, to make his family proud.

Academy Performance: Mostly B's and C's, only A's in tactics and history
Notes: Still uses British mannerisms, regardless of formality (Or lack thereof)

STATISTICAL RATINGS
Piloting Skill: 2
Perception: 2
Willpower: 2
Charisma: 4

VideoGameArt_Locust01_DarrenBartley.jpg

Design concept: The Astrades Mk II, a Gaia Class MECHA, was built with two purposes in mind. One, durability to march close enough to deploy troops and other, smaller MECHA. Second, and equally important, fire support once its cargo has bee deployed. As such, the platform is mounted with multiple weapon systems, from ballistics to missiles to its primary weapon, its Particle Laser. Up armored from standard, it is a slow MECHA by all standards, but it can get the job done, should the call arise.

For troop deployment, rather than utilize forward launching systems, like other Gaia Class might, the Astrades Mk II utilizes a drop bay in its belly, lowering down to give enough clearance for other MECHA and combat personnel to drop and deploy from, before rising to resume combat normally. This also protects personnel during deployment, reducing casualties during deployment phases of combat.

Mecha Class: Gaia Class

Weaponry:

1x Partical Laser: Mounted in the 'mouth' of the Astrades Mk II, the prongs protecting the emitter retract prior to firing and provide protection to prevent the normal flaws to energy weapons, when it comes to constant connectors at least. [6 Power : 5 Armor Penetration]

4x D.M.S: Mounted on the back of the Astrades Mk II, the shields retract prior to firing off its payload, and is capable of firing all four hundred missiles within a matter of seconds, if the situation requires such extreme measures to be taken. [4 Power : No Armor Penetration : 400 Missiles Total]

2x Dedicated Missile Launcher (Seperate Weapons): Mounted beneath the Particle Laser housing for the Astrades Mk II, the two racks of missiles carry Armor Piercing rockets, with dedicated smart tracking for targets requiring a method of destruction not safe for Particle Laser usage. [4 Power : 6 AP Armor Penetration : 20 Missiles]

4x LMG: Mounted one each per half circle on the aft end of the Astrades Mk II, each weapon is capable of a 180 degree field of view, constrained by the turret half ring the LMG sits in. Gunnery crews run each LMG, due to its size compared to infantry weapons, three strong each. Two to ensure the ammo chain remains uninterupted, and one to fire the weapon. [4 Power : 3 AP Armor Penetration per LMG : 400 Round Ammo Chain per LMG]

2x Secondary Melee Weapons: The front two claws on the Astrades Mk II are not just for show or stability. They can be charged and used as lethal claws, swung to smash apart enemies, or used to disable and pin enemy MECHA prior to a blast from point blank missiles or Particle Laser attacks. Can also be used to breach fortresses. [5 Power Each : 5 Armor Penetration Each]

Reactor: Yabasume Class G (30 Total Power : 28 In Use : 2 Remaining)
Armor: 15 Base Armor + 3 Armor = 18 Total Armor
Speed: 3 Standard + 2 Speed - 3 Armor Weight = 2 Total Speed
Non-standard modifications: Currently N/A

Recommendation for Icarus Project: YES:[✔] NO:[_] WITH RESERVATIONS: [_]

Last edited:
@Captian Wumbo
Yeah, it seems fine, but I'm going to re-balance everything soon I think, since you can kind of just pack on projectile weapons non-stop.

@Rax Rosetta
I like seeing the power and ammo count next to the things, I think I'll put that up for the finalized CS's to use.

@BoB (Best of Boxes)³ Oh, I actually meant the broken ace type of character, which is why I put the emphasis on the word. I was actually split between either making the popular "figurehead" kind of character with high charisma but low everything else, or the "natural" character with psychic-level perception but low everything else, or the "tykebomb" character, with insane level of piloting skill but a mess in everything else altogether. But now I see that Rax already has a guy with quite high charisma, so I'll probably scratch that one off the list... I was just wondering which you think I should go for, and how frequent will growth be in this RP?

In the meantime, you should probs make the OOC, since I might take a while to finish up things.

Growth is going to be based on actual RP and performance(If you kind of just breeze or godmod through everything, you're not going to get anywhere). I can't quite give a good estimate for how often it'll be.

@Captian Wumbo You're missing a part of the CS.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/project-icarus-aces-high.93487/#post-1882117 OOC is up, rebalancing things a little bit though, so if you're using a projectile weapon you want to check up on that and make sure you're still coming out all right.

Last edited:
So...The OC is the new general chat place right? Not the rp place though?

The new thread is the new OOC, discuss, post CS's, that sort of thing. I'm going to wait just a little bit to have a better headcount before throwing up the IC.

I feel like I need to scale back how many G's the suits can cancel out, something more reasonable to how fast people will go, 80 or so G's will be about 2800km/h of change, just a little but under what a speed 15 mech would pull if it suddenly changed directions in the opposite direction at full speed. I think its' 25 g's is the normal threshold for death or injury for a human, with 214 being the highest ever survived.

My CS will probably come up on the weekend, as that's when I'll have time to put it up.

Begin Transmission of [(D. Dornstein)eval.doc)]
Name:Drake Dornstein
Date of Birth:October 5th, 2477
Birth Place: San Jose, California
Appearance
Hair Color: Silverish-white
Personality:He's a lover of technology and combat. In the lab he finds thrill and passion in experimenting with different kinds of technological wonders, mostly those of a mechanical persuasion. He spends a majority of his time in the lab, surrounded by machines, and his social skills show this as he says whats on his mind, has no clue about personal space, tact, or sarcasm are or how to detect them. Among others, he appears fairly relaxed, almost distant and unattached, unless you bring up technology, then you have him hooked and acting like he's ingested ten gallons of pure sugar.
History: Drake was the son of a failing inventor and mechanic, a man who could barely make ends meet and had long given up on his dreams. But the minute that Drake picked up his irst powerdrill, he was hooked, constantly surrounding himself with machinery and technology, taking them apart and putting them back to together again. His parents, while glad to see their son taking up the family business and more(his father being able to fulfill his dream through his son) they worried about how distant and cold he seemed to everything, even them. He didn't talk or play with other kids, he said nothing at dinner time, he just shut himself in his own little world.

But his world was place full of inspiration, in which he could build and be whatever and whoever he wanted. He began to make miniature mechs when he was 10, and continued on from their. Due to his laser focus on Piloting and engineering, he is technically the perfect canidate for a mech pilot, however, his lack of social skills may make him a problem when put on a team.
Academy Performance:Due to his intellect he always got very high marks on most of his academic classes, and he was welll above average in the physical side of things as well. But when it came to social interactions with his classmates, he usually drew ire due to his lack of tact, habit of always speaking his mind without thinking, and generally being very anti-social. Any group activities he was put in usually ended up as two projects, his and his teams.
Notes:(Optional)
STATISTICAL RATINGS (You have 10 points to spend initially, stats may be lowered or raised in the RP after events, when instructed. You can have a stat of 0.)
Piloting Skill: 4
Perception:3
Willpower: 3
Charisma: 0
MECHANIZED EXPLORATION AND COMBAT HARDSUIT ASSEMBLY CONFIGURATION
robot%20mech%20mecha%20armored%20core%201900x1200%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_95.jpg

Design concept:N/A
Mecha Class:Titan
Weaponry:Projectile Assault Weaponry, A secondary melee weapon(any ideas?), Dedicated Missile Launcher(Body Mounted)
Reactor:Hentsu Reactor[4]
Armor:7
Speed:6
Non-standard modifications:N/A

Recommendation for Icarus Project: YES:[✔] NO:[_] WITH RESERVATIONS: [✔]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nanobots are not something I've actually really considered in this, and I think they'd be kind of a little much to tack on as well as everything else, so I'd avoid them for now.

I can tell from your signature alone you might be quite an enthusiastic add to the RP (I'm not the GM but I'm pretty sure one more won't hurt, I don't know if she said a limit anyways)

Yeah, it's completely open, but I think I'm going to have to make it into a full group soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.