Project Icarus: Aces High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, starting to work on a CS myself now, anything specific you want to see at all BoB?

Please tell me if I did any thing wrong. I'm still not sure I did the Mecha part right.
:(
]
Name: Nico Cario
Date of Birth: June 14th, 2473)
Birth Place: Sydney, Australia
Picture:
6525434.jpg

Hair Color: Dirty Blonde

Personality: Nico is a serious young man with a moderate sense of humor. Although he is a natural born leader, Nico is not eager to take that role, and will gladly allow others to that the position. But at times, Nico can be plagued with doubt and criticizes himself anytime he makes an error. He is intelligent and calvualtive, but at times during battle, he can be merciless.

History: Nico was born and raised in Sydney, Australia on Earth. Nico's family was not very wealthy but they faired well, Nico was given the things he wanted as long as he himself worked for it, this instilled in the the spirit of a hard worker at a young age. As word of the Rebellion continued to spread, Nico was fairly unaware of what was going on around him, letting the world pass him by as if he was not a part of it. By the time Nico hit middle school, most of his friends had went off to the Military Institutions in order to fight of the Rebellion. Once he got word of this, Nico really began to pay attention to the world around him realizing the place wasn't a fun land. Once Nico got into high school, he chose to go to an Military Institute. Much to his disappointment, his parents refused to let him go, but he stood firm and was eventually allowed to got the the Institute. Nico aimed to become a pilot, and after a lot of hard work, he finally was able to join the Pilot Academy. During his time at these schools, Nico really began to mature, physically and mentally, and he really began to appreciate his parents stance when it came to hard work.
Academy Performance: Graduated with A's and B's.
Notes:Nico has a slight Australian accent, and he also wears a small golden chain around his neck at all times, it was given to him by his father.
STATISTICAL RATINGS
Piloting Skill: 4
Perception: 2
Willpower: 2
Charisma: 2
Design concept:
th

Mecha Class: Atlas Class
Weaponry:
- Right Shoulder mounted S72 Purgatory LMG
-.404 Assault Rifle
- 1x Dedicated Missile Launcher
-Left Shoulder Mounted X64 Assault Laser Rifle
-Self-Defense Weapon(Knife)
Reactor:Yabusame Reactor [7]
Armor: 5
Speed: 2
Non-standard modifications: None

Meh. This probably isn't going to be the best CS around. Sorry.

Name: Hannah Canton
Bounty%20hunter_19_02_09--article_image.jpg
(please tell me if this is too popular)
DOB: February 17, 2471
Birth Place: Edinburgh, Scotland (I don't think I can write the accent, but I can try if you wish)
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Green
Personality: Natural follower, taking to orders as a fish to water, but is not good at leading. She is able to keep a calm, cool head in dire situations. Can hold a nice conversation, is sarcastic(some of time). The only time she is ever really serious is in the midst of battle.
Hannah was born to a widow, her father who was a officer of the J.E.F having been killed in action only a month before her birth. Her Mother, being angry at the death, tried to keep her away from the J.E.F not wanting them to take her away too. But as any child who gets older, she rebelled against her mother, and enlisted herself in a academy at the age of 13. She and her mother haven't seen or spoken to each other since, even after she had sent her letters, telling her about the academy, and her grades. She continued on with her life, studying as much as she could, while still enjoying life. She later graduated with 1 A, and the rest B's.
Piloting Skill: 4
Perception: 2
Willpower: 3
Charisma: 1
640x906_9814_Helldiver_trojan_apu_2d_sci_fi_mech_robot_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
Mech Class: Titan
Weaponry: LMG (1 extra clip)
SMG
Self-defense knife
Reactor: Hentsu (5)
Armor: 10
Speed: 3

Mechaaaaaaaaaa, god I love it when the ideas pop into my head before I can even write anything.

Am interested, but one question to the GM; what do you think about an "ace" character (who may or may not be using an aerial MECHA).

@Cambridge Hazard The ability to go airborne is a ability most Mecha's will have, with variations disallowing or only allowing it, though the flexibility is often preferred.

If you are talking purely about having a more experienced character then I'd suggest putting up a conversation with me to discuss that further.

@Akumulosis My preference about less popular designs is purely for the mecha's really, not the characters. The more popular mecha designs like in Gundam and such tend to be very brightly colored, and in some cases, just awkwardly designed for real combat.

It would probably be best to let everyone know that speed is in hundreds of KM per hour.

Your mecha suits are able to cancel out around 80G's of force, after that, it's up to the pilot. Loss of consciousness can be mostly avoided through a mix of combat stims and suit pressurization to various parts of the body. However, extremely high G maneuvers will likely cause nose-bleeds and other side effects.

Last edited:
That is a lot of g's, the human body can only survive with 10g's, even with a g suit. Technology sure has advanced for this, that's what makes this so cool.

How is a Zaku II not fit for damn battle >:[
[spoili]
illusrated_zaku_ii_by_ademprime-d33ao4j.jpg

[/spoili]

Ms-06s-rg-illust.jpg

How is a Zaku II not fit for damn battle >:[
[spoili]
illusrated_zaku_ii_by_ademprime-d33ao4j.jpg

[/spoili]
Ms-06s-rg-illust.jpg
I would not want to ride those into battle.
And they look old school, like, very old prototype looking.
And with how this is a technological setting, those just don't fit.
And do you really think the Military would use THAT. All that red...
Or better yet, is it Military appropriate.

The red one's kind of just too brightly colored though, the regular one is fine, but the reds a little much.

Have none of you even watched the first Gundam Series? Shit. The Red One was to instill fear into the enemies because of the Person who piloted it. When people would see the Red One, they would shit their pants and try and back out of the fight.

Reactions: WarriorHeart
Nobody's really going to have a reputation yet though. Fresh out of the academy.

...I think you missed the point BoB ><

I'm just going to tell the few people that popped in earlier to get their's up and then I'll work on getting up a IC.

CS Is almost done on my end, apologies for the delay, just getting some stuff figured out.

I'll probably ahve this moved to a OOC or just remake it

Reactions: Captain Wumbo
Status
Not open for further replies.