Pokémon North Version [OOC/Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trainer
Name: Kristopher Bronzklinga 'Chris'
Description/Picture:

Mega Item: On a tag at his choker.
Bio:
Chris is a rather serious person who don't usually speak unless he have something good to say or have thought his answers through. Usually he's only ever silly around pokémon or children who he believe that everyone should be nice too. He's fair and nice however and een thought he doesn't like speaking to strangers too much he is respectful and is friendly once the ice is broken.

Chris comes from the Svei Region, and unlike many others have lived here his whole life. Here he likes wandering around in the great near endless forests together with his two pokémon that he have had almost his whole life. His hobbies besides being a trainer is Fishing and somewhat hunting for rare pokémon, however he would never needlessly hurt someone as he have a respect for all living things.

Other:

Pokémon
Species: Growlithe (Male)
Nickname: Renegade
Moveset: Bite, Flame Wheel,Dig, Reversal.
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Brave
Held item: Soothe Bell
Starting level: 20

Pokémon
Species: Poochyena (Female)
Nickname: Yumi
Moveset: Ice Fang, Bite,Sand Attack,Shadow Ball
Ability: Quick Feet.
Nature: Timid
Held item: Black Glasses.
Starting level: 20

I'm starting battles when everyone gets to the terminal.

@Jaysunn ah, right... Shorts.
I read the rules but as to why I missed this I have no idea.

Might've forgotten to put them on the sheet or something. It's not a big deal, just to show that people have read the rules.

Hey guys! I just wanted y'all to know that I'll be away on a trip for the next few days!

Soooooo 1] Are sign-ups still open? And if so...

2] I've got a character that I made for a previous Pokemon RP that never took off. Based on what I'm seeing here, he would fit right in except possibly for one thing - he's related to Sabrina and has some psychic powers. It's telekinesis up to I think the limit is 15 lbs and telepathy with people and pokemon he is close to with a range of about 60ft. So nothing stupid broken like teleportation or turning people into dolls but I want to check and see if that's okay.

Signups are still open, and because there are plenty of psychic Trainers like that in the game canon, that should be fine.

Trainer
Name: Kaiten Amaya

Description/Picture: Kaiten has longish red hair and purple eyes with a slender frame. He prefers to wear a hoodie at all times, even in summer and usually wears jeans and sneakers along with it. His pack generally has a book or two in it and he tends to read that along the way, sending them home as he enters town and waiting for the next one to be sent from home.

Mega Item: Leather choker around his neck.

Personality:Kaiten often sees himself as older than he is, mostly because he's usually far more well-read than most. However, he does show a more immature side, often squeeing when something he finds amazing happens. He has a deep respect for both his and other's pokemon and is more than willing to do what he can to help them. There is also a bit of a flair for the dramatic for him, brought on by the fact that he has psychic powers and he wants to use them to show off. Just a bit.

History:Kaiten is the son of Sinnoh Elite Four member Lucian and the cousin of Kanto Gym Leader Sabrina through his mother. Despite being loved by both parents, growing up was difficult, mostly because of Lucian's responsibilities as a member of the Elite Four. Most of the time, it seemed like he never saw his father and as a result bonded more with his mother and the pokemon around him.

Like his father, he had an affinity for psychic types but it ran even deeper than that - he himself was psychic. Not to the extent of his cousin Sabrina by any stretch, or even his uncle but he had telekinesis and a very limited telepathy. Like his father though, he had a love for reading and it was with books, pokemon, and psychic powers that his childhood was founded on.

Growing older, he came into his powers more and more: he could telepathically communicate to those he had a close bond to and his telekinesis was powerful enough to toss pokeballs. Such was it that he was able to communicate with the Espeon that was the fourth member of their family who in her own ways, helped Kaiten develop his psychic powers even more.
On his tenth birthday, he was surprised to find his father at home waiting for him when he awoke. As Lucian began the talk that all parents eventually have with their children, Kaiten listened eagerly, squeeing with delight when his father gave him the pokeball that held his first pokemon: an Abra, the offspring of Lucian's own Alakazam and bred specially for Kaiten. The two bonded almost instantly, a telepathic flow opening between the two of them in only a short while. Only feelings at first, but it grew stronger until the two were conversing entirely by telepathy.

Over the next few years, they grew together and Kaiten took interest in the Unown of Solaceon Town and their psychic powers as well as their forms. He began making trips to Solaceon from their home in Hearthome City to observe them. The Day Care couple got to know him rather well as he would often stop to chat with them, wondering about the mechanics of pokemon breeding, an interest of his own brought on by books.

When he was thirteen, he was approached by the Day Care Man who offered him an egg that a trainer didn't want. With some trepidation that he wasn't ready, but feeling up to the task, Kaiten accepted the responsibility and when it finally hatched into a Sneasel, he was more than surprised at it but completely accepted the new pokemon. Unlike Abra it took some time for the two to bond but when they did, it was a firm friendship.

By now, his studies on the Unown had left him at the same dead end as so many others better than him had found and his knowledge of breeding was something he wanted to test; that and to follow in his father's footsteps. The Sveri league would prove to be an open invitation for that and also a chance to really go it on his own, at least, outside of his reading. In preparation for his flight to the region, he began training his pokemon under Lucian's supervision at first, the proud father eager to see if his son had inherited his own natural skill with battling.

Surprised by his son's ownership of a Sneasel, he was nonetheless happy to see that Kaiten's love extended far beyond the psychic types he had grown up with. Before Kaiten left, Lucian gave him a single odd claw, telling his son that he should let Sneasel hold it at night. It took only a second for the well-read Kaiten to recognize the item as a Razor Claw. It was Lucian's gift to his son at the start of his pokemon journey and the impetus for Kaiten to dash out the door as the sun began to set to have his Sneasel evolve.

And now, flying into the Sveri region, he comes armed with a pair of excellent pokemon and a desire to prove himself even better than his father.

Other:
Short-Range Telepathy - only with those he has bonded closely with and only in a range of about 60 ft.
Telekinesis - strong enough to throw pokeballs and levitate items weighing up to 15 lbs.

Pokémon
Species: Kadabra
Moveset: Teleport, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Confusion
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Modest
Held item: Twistedspoon
Starting level: 18

Species: Weavile
Moveset: Quick Attack, Ice Punch, X-Scissor, Feint Attack
Ability: Pickpocket
Nature: Adamant
Held item: None...yet...
Starting level: 16

I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.

Last edited:
Might've forgotten to put them on the sheet or something. It's not a big deal, just to show that people have read the rules.
So, I can post in the in-character now, right?

Whoo. I'll probably post after raid tonight, unless i dont nap before raid.

Now that battles are happening, are we going based on anime mechanics or game mechanics?

Move and ability-wise, the game mechanics. For instance, No Guard will always make moves hit, Return's power is based on friendship, stats get raised or lowered as usual, etc.

As for the physical movement of the Pokemon, I'd rather have that be more realistic than them just standing there, but we do have to take into account the accuracy of each move and the accuracy/evasion stats of each Pokemon.

So I was thinking of putting Ruby/Sapphire-style Pokémon Contests in this RP; would you guys participate if I did?

Status
Not open for further replies.