Pokemon becoming The Champion

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Nick smiled and looked at Frilly "Well hello frilly you have a beautiful shine to you"
He looked at Aurora "I am pleased to meet up Aurora and don't worry miss, I sort out all my trainers who register with me. If you you just follow me to the waiting room we can get started".
Nick led Aurora to the store room "Just give me a second please" he asked and quickly nipped in and grabbed a briefcase out and came back out. "Right, this way Aurora".
Nick then led Aurora to the waiting room and place the briefcase on the table and started typing in the pokedex. "Ok Aurora I need your Full name, Hometown, your next of kin and I'm guessing Frilly here will be your starter pokemon".

"Okay, my full name is Aurora Roseanna Marsh, my hometown is Neblin town in the Starleton region, my next of Kin are my parents, Aura and Roseanna Marsh, and yes, Frilly here will be my starter Pokemon."

Frilly curiously examined the Pokedex, and began performing even more somersaults around professor Nick's head. Aurora giggled.

"That's a sign she likes you."

"N-Nice one Cyndaquil!" She went in her bag for a pokeball. "I don't think I should risk another attack..." She took a deep breath and drew back with the ball in hand. "Please work!" She threw the pokeball with all her might toward the Riolu.

Now filled with excitement once more, Elizabeth followed suit and was soon welcomed by the warmth of the training grounds. Her eyes widened in wonder and looked around the arena. Though the place looked empty, her imagination played with her thoughts, as an imaginary Deino emerged in the field, leaping for an attack. The girl couldn't wait to see her pokemon in action. It still made her wonder though.. Why did her older brother decided not to train him?

Readying herself at one end of the arena, she looked at the pokeball in her hands as Wayne spoke to her. She only nodded, her eyes fixed at the pokeball. It was then when she took out her pokedex did Wayne call out his pokemon. Lizzy looked up in confusion.

"What's a Dinky?" She asked before she was presented with another Deino. The girl froze a little.

"You can name your Pokemon? She asked, now getting excited once more. Perhaps she could do that later. Now, how did her brother battle again?

Remembering now, she pressed the button on the pokeball to enlarge it, right before throwing it in front of her.

"Alright, Deino! It's time to prove my dear brother Lance that you can battle! Go!" A flash of red light streamed from the ball and as it took form, Deino emerged. The dragon pokemon stood on its hind legs and squealed with glee.

Looking at her pokedex, Lizzy reviewed her pokemon's moves. She then turned to Deino. "Alright Deino, time to give it a.. What are you doing?!" Lizzy called out to Deino, who was already on the other side of the arena, playfully prancing around Dinky. Her pokemon was clearly distracted to see another Deino of his kind. It was as if her pokemon wanted to be friends instead. Lizzy's jaw almost dropped to the ground. Deino lacked focus and gets easily distracted. Was this why her brother chose to train another dragon pokemon instead? No, she won't let this happen. He might have given up on Deino, but she will not, as Deino never gave up on guiding her for years while she was blind. Lizzy gave it another shot. However, she was almost whining when she called up to him.

"Deino!" She said firmly. The dragon pokemon stopped prancing around the other Deino. He barked in inquiry.

"Deino.. Can you please focus your energy in the battle? Focus your energy!" Lizzy almost pleaded, as she did not want to be a failure from the start. She sighed, exasperated. However, to her surprise, Deino jumped back away from Dinky and shook his head. The dragon pokemon looked like it has finally concentrated in the match. She smiled at Deino, who was trying to focus.

"That's it.. I guess that's focus energy.. Good boy, Deino! Let's concentrate and be focused, okay?" She watched in amazement as she noticed how Deino's fur began to rise a little. The pokemon flexed his muscles.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Aurora

Nick watched as Frilly examined the pokedex as he was typing into it and as the Frilly started doing somersaults, he knew that frilly liked him. There wasn't many pokemon who didn't. When Aurora spoke saying that "that a sign she likes you". He knew but politely said "She gorgeous Aurora, you know most people's first pokemon is usually a version of them self. I've seen it many times".

Nick pushed his glasses back up and finished the typing "Ok Aurora most of this is set I just need you to place your finger on the pokedex for it to scan it also..." Nick dug into his pocket and retrieved a pokeball, "...this will be for frilly" he offered the pokedex and pokeball over to Aurora "Scan first, then pokeball" he repeated.

Beali

The pokeball hit the Riolu and the Riolu turned into red energy and went inside. It struggled against it, it shook once, shook twice, shook 3 times and then Beali heard a *beep*.

Beali has caught a Riolu

Riolu (Female)

Naughty
Highly curious

Level 5
Hp:19
Att;13
Def:10
Sp att:9
Sp def:9
Spd:11

Quick attack, Normal, Physical, 40att, 100acc, 30pp
Foresight, Normal,
Endure,Normal, user endures any attack leaving at least 1 hp

Lizzy

Wayne chuckled at the Deino's greeting each other before the battle "Dinky your a little tart". He then shouted over to Lizzy "Don't worry about that Lizzy, Dinky has that affect on most male pokemon". Dinky skipped over to Wayne and rolled on her back with her legs kicking in the air. Laughing at Deino "Come on Dinky, if Professor Nick was here I'll be in the dog house"

Wayne looked over and saw that Deino was focusing his energy "Looks like you better follow suit Dinky, come on now. Time to battle".

Dinky jumped back on its feet in battle stance, you could tell her attitude change from tart to warrior "There we go Dinky Focus Energy, you could do with it".

Dinky and Deino used there focus energy raising there critical hits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth placed a palm on her cheek. Dinky was a girl, that must be why. Either that, or Deino's just so happy to be back in the game. She nodded at Wayne and smiled at the other Deino. Come to think of it, she did looked cute, especially while rolling on her back. Elizabeth gigged. She then thought of something.

"Okay Deino, that's good. Now, remember how Mom and Dad used to scold you for bumping off our food from the dinnertable or breaking the flower vase from your running? You can forget about that now because we are using tackle! Give it your best bump, you cheeky bugger!" With that, Deino bounced in his place a little with glee. Finally! Someone to give him the permission to be reckless for once! For quite a while, he had been trained to stay still in the house, stay still with visitors around, and stay still when everyone's asleep. It had made him frustrated at some point. With all that energy he had pent up from staying still, he was finally glad to have someone say that it's okay. Deino thought that he wouldn't mind staying like this now. He would rather move and battle than to stay still and behave at home anyway.

With the license to bump now, Deino happily charged at Dinky as fast as he could.

Wayne quickly ordered "You too Dinky Tackle"

The two deino's charged and tackled each other at the same time, hitting each others head and they both bounced back, ready for there next command

Both Deino's lost 12 hp and both left with 9hp remaining

Wayne smiled "This will be very close Lizzy, they are evenly matched, never let down, come on finish this Dinky, Dragon rage "

Elizabeth flinched, hearing Wayne's words. He's right, both of them looked equally damaged from the hit. Lizzy's hands formed into a fist, really nervous from what was happening. When Wayne ordered Dinky to use Dragon Rage, she called out to her Deino.

"Don't be a sitting target, Deino! Run, run, run around the stadium!" She ordered frantically, clearly panicking a bit. Deino followed and zigzagged across the arena, running and leaping yard by yard, closing in on Dinky, ready to aim. Lizzy was sure Deino won't make it with her dragon rage but perhaps if he could get close enough...

Bingo!

"A pokemon will never aim its attack and hurt its trainer! That's it! Get in the middle of her and Wayne, Deino! Tackle her from there!" Lizzy crossed her fingers, hoping this would work.

Aurora held the Pokedex in awe. She had only seen these things on TV before, no one on her island had one. She held it up towards Frilly, and she could see it come into focus. Frilly struck a nice pose, and Aurora pressed the button to begin scanning. Information about Frillish started rolling across the screen, and Aurora watched it with her mouth slightly opened. She could barely wait until she caught more Pokemon! Then, she faced Frillish, Pokeball in hand, and they high-fived. As soon as Frillish touched the button on the Pokeball it opened, surrounding Frilly with a sharp glow, absorbing it into the Pokeball. It dropped down, wobbled a bit, and then the Pokeball let out a *ding* sound. Frillish was caught!

Beali stood frozen after the ball stopped, staring at the object in disbelief. She looked a Cyndaquil then back to the pokeball. "Did... Did I really catch it just now?" Cyndaquil gave her a reply in a sing-song tone. Beali walked up to the pokeball and picked it up. She held with two hands and just stared for a few moments longer. "I really did, huh?" She quietly put it in her then turned to Kokierra and smiled. "L-Let's keep m-m-moving then." Cyndaquil noticed the wobble in her walk and the way she swayed down the path. She was definitely overjoyed so why was she hiding it? "I'm really doing it dad," she whispered under her breath.

Lizzy

It was close, Deino was running around as Dinky was trying to aim. As Lizzy shouted to Deino to get in between Dinky and wayne. Wayne froze for a second, Wayne knew what Dinky was like and when she put her mind to it she put his order 1st. Wayne could've stopped the attack but it was in half swing and she had to let it go. Wayne braced himself for getting hit with a dragon rage.

Denio charged at Dinky and just a split second before Dink realised the Dragon age Dinky landed a hit and knocked Dinky flying releasing the dragon rage into the ceiling causing a hole to form. The sun was shining through the hole Dinky was Ko'd

Lizzy and Deino won the match Denio gaining 6 exp

Wayne was relieved he didn't get hit. "Return Dinky, Job well done you little minx". He walked over to Lizzy and smiled. "Well well lizzy, Job well done" he congratulated her. "I'm sure you'll do fine out there. I wish you the best of luck and I'm expecting good thing from you"

Aurora

Aurora caught a Frillish

Lv5
Hp 20
Att 8
Def 10
Sp att 11
sp def 14
spd 9

Bubble, Water, SpecialAtt 20,Acc 100pp,30
A spray of countless bubbles is jetted at the opposing team. It may also lower the targets' Speed stats.

Water Sport, Waterpp 15
The user soaks itself with water. The move weakens Fire-type moves while the user is in the battle.

Absorb, Grass, SpecialAtt,20Acc, 100pp, 25
A nutrient-draining attack. The user's HP is restored by half the damage taken by the target.

Nick nodded to Aurora "I wish you the very best in your journey". He picked up the briefcase from the table and handed it to Aurora "Also this is for you, it holds 1000 gold and 5 pokeballs to get you started. If you wish I could have a practice battle with you as Wayne would be busy with 2 other trainers, but don't worry I'll take it easy but if you want to get on your travels, that's also fine with me". He offers his hand for a handshake "Good Luck Aurora"

Beali

Not soon after Beali caught a Riolu another pokemon wanted to have a go. Fist pumped into the air ready for battle, It was a Meinfoo

619 Meinfoo.jpg

Aurora grabbed Nick's hand firmly, and smiled.

"Thanks professor, I would love to have a match with you!" Frilly came out of her Pokeball with a determined look on her face.

Lizzy watched the scene as Deino managed to tackle Dinky right before the second she released her Dragon Rage. A blast of light engulfed the stadium and Lizzy herself had to brace for it as well, dreading the worst that the beam would hit Wayne. What was she thinking? This was the most dangerous decision she had made and soon enough she regretted going for such actions. As the light died down and was soon replaced by sunlight, Lizzy ran towards the center of the arena to make sure everyone was alright. To her relief, Wayne was there, returning Dinky to her pokeball. Her knees almost gave up on her from the stress. She never thought pokemon battles would this be violent.

On the other side of the arena, Deino slowly got up and shook the dust off his fur, then made slowly made its way towards Lizzy. From the way that he moved, one can tell he was weakened from the previous attack. The dragon pokemon sluggishly leaned on his trainer's ankle. Lizzy smiled a little.

"You did well, little guy.. I'm so proud of you." If only her brother could see this.

As her Deino disappeared in a beam of red light, Wayne approached her to congratulate her. Sure, it was a win, but Lizzy felt bad about it. She bowed apologetically. "Thank you, but I'm sorry Mr. Wayne.. That was really reckless of me, I shouldn't have when you would've gotten hurt.."Glancing at him for a while, she smiled only a little right before turning her eyes to the hole in the ceiling. She took a deep breath, amazed at how strong pokemon could be. She then asked herself silently if her Deino could do the same.

Beali froze when another pokemon jumped in her path. She rummaged through her bag. She had yet to buy potions since she hadn't made it to the next town yet, but, she did have those items. Beali knew, from her days of study at the daycare, that certain items could help pokemon in battle. She brought out the razor claw and gave it to Cyndaquil. "I feel like we could do it but let's be strategic about our approach. Use leer Cyndaquil."

Boris is out at the battlefield, his briefcase at his feet on the right side of him, and watching both Wayne's battle with Elizabeth and Professor Nick's battle with Aurora.

Eevee is sitting at Boris' feet on his left side watching the two battles with him.

Aurora
"Looks like Frilly is ready to go isn't she" Nick said with a chuckle "Come let's go to the Arena, see what's going on". As Nick led Aurora over to the arena and walked in the first thing he noticed was the hole in the ceiling. He scratched his head in annoyance then looked over at the people whose still here. He noticed Boris watching the battle, he nodded to him. He then viewed Wayne and Elizabeth it seemed they just finished their battle and Wayne would be battling Boris next. He turned to Aurora, "Well it's a nice day Aurora shall we go outside and battle"
Lizzy and Boris
Wayne was concentrating on Lizzy and never noticed Nick come into the arena, "Honestly Lizzy, use any advantage you can think off, I knew what Dinky's capable off and was ready to dodge. It doesn't matter if it's a friend or foe you face in battle, treat it to win". Wayne placed his hand on her shoulder "Now give me a smile" Wayne gave her the biggest cheesiest grin he had "Now you have a great journey ahead of you and I wish you the best of luck" Wayne gave her a friendly hug and let go "I will have to attend to Boris's battle now, don't forget to call us". With that he walked to Boris and that's when he noticed Nick, he nodded to him whom Nick nodded back and then Nick glanced to the ceiling. Wayne knew he was going to get slack for that later.
"Hey up Boris you ready for your practice duel, if you like to take your position we can get started"Nick walked of and picked up a pokeball from the stand and walked back to Boris. "Hope your ready little man, All the best". With that said he walked to his side and threw his pokeball "Ziggy go" a Zigzagoon appeared and started stamping its feet very fast. "I know your excited Ziggy just wait".He called over to Boris "Ready when you are"
Beali
As Cyndaquill was using leer, Meinfoo shook his head and ignored it as he ran towards Cyndaquil and used pound and it clonked Cyndaquill right on the head. Cyndaquill bounced on the floor and lost it's remaining hp and was knocked out.
Kokierra
In the Background Kokierra heard festival music in the background and knew that Beali and himself wasn't to far away from the next town.

"Cyndaquil!" She called him back into his pokeball. "I'm sorry..." She put the pokeball to her cheek then in her bag. "There's no point in trying anything else..." She stepped back slowly from the Meinfoo, ready to run.

Aurora smiled, and said yes. She followed professor Nick outside, and called back Frillish into its Pokeball. This was goin to be her first battle, and she wanted to do it properly. They distanced each other at the battle field. "Are you ready?" Asked the professor. "More ready than ever!" Aurora replied. She took a deep breath, and readied her stance. "I choose you, Frillish!" she shouted as she threw her Pokeball. She had been practicing her pitch for months at home with tennis balls, so it was not long from perfect. Frillish came out onto the field with a serious face. The expression on Aurora's face changed as well. Rather than being laid back, it was calm and calculating. Since this was her first battle, she wanted to win it at all costs. She felt like it would set a good tone for her adventure. Frilly felt the same way. They both sternly awaited Nick's choice of Pokemon.

Beali

Meinfoo ran round and blocked Beali's path, Beali didn't have a choice its either, she got hurt or send out Riolu.

Aurora

As Nick and Aurora walked outside and distant themselves, Nick asked if she was ready. He watched as she took a new personality and he could tell she was determined as she sent out Frillish. Frillish also looked determined and he was pleased to see this.

Nick smiled throwing and catching a pokeball in one hand, just waiting for him to call out one of his practice pokemon. When the time came and Aurora was waiting he threw the pokeball high into the air. Nick tilted his head and calmly and quietly called "Come out, Gastly". The pokemon sprung out his pokeball and hovered his way next to Nick.

Gastly had a Big grin on his face and was bothering Nick with its Voice "Gas, gas". Nick's held tilted up and raised his hand up for Gastly to hover on top. "You ready Gastly, it's been a while since your last battle hasn't it". Gastly nodded to Nick and hovered over away from Nick.

Nick glanced over at Aurora "Ladies first"

Aurora recognized the Pokemon, but she still took out her Pokedex and scanned it. "A Gastly, huh? That's a ghost and poison type Pokemon..." Aurora already knew because the island where she lived was heavily infested by ghost type Pokemon, and since it was covered in thick fog all year round, Gastly was especially common. She rapidly came up with a strategy in her head.

"Frilly, I want you to soar up above Ghastly and use bubble straight down!"

Since Gastly was partially poison type, Aurora's only attack option was bubble, since absorb with its grass type wasn't very effective. She also knew that Gastly was a small Pokemon, and with bubble being only a weak spray of bubbles it would be easy to dodge. However, by positioning Frillish above Gastly it maximized the radius of the attack, therefore making it more likely to hit.