Pixie Hollow Dystopia

• Thread starter Synthetic Seraph
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calamus shuddered in mixed alarm and relief. "It's just flesh. We match, babe. When we get back home, you'll get the same royal treatment from Cuddles for taking one for the team like I did." For now Calamus pressed whatever clothing they could spare into a bandage around Kieara's side and kept it pressed firmly for bleeding. "Maybe we can even get some ink or juice stain, turn our pair of lines into something beautiful, eh?"

She smiled and giggled softly. "I'd like that." She was trying to appear happy even though that had hurt. The unusual fairy of many talents though had a fire lit under her butt now. She'd mastered with ease communicating with the other predators and they weren't even a challenge. Now she was presented with one. A stubborn and dangerous animal yet to be tamed. And as soon as she had her child taken care of she'd be damned if she wasn't going to do it.

And if he'd known her urges... what an argument that would have been. All such dreams of being Pixie Hollow's first hawk tamer had been put out of his mind in honor of Kieara's condition. Reckless adventure was all fine when it was just yourself, and you 'know' you're never gonna die. Even glory didn't make sense to risk all this, at least not when the family needed everything they could do for each other to survive.

They stayed put until the Summer outside caught up with the cold of the ice. There was a point where a hefty full-bodied kick might have broken through, but if not, who wanted to look that foolish and with a jammed limb too? While waiting Cal made a game of trying to balance a water droplet in both hands without bursting the tension. Every time he thought he had one from the ice wall or the thin film on one end of the floor, Epic would try to do the same and smash his tiny hands into it. With no actual goal, Calamus was being the total opposite of bullying civilized faeries, encouraging on each splashing failure.

Kieara put her hawk dreams out of her head for now and reveled in watching her lover and son play. It was adorable. She didn't know that chasing hawks used to be an old passtime of his. Or else if he had reacted in a hostile manner she'd have been rather confused when he himself was guilty as well. She took a bead of water into her hand and froze it again and rolled it to calamus like a ball.

Cal gave a thumb's up at the sudden display of frost power and tried different rolls until he found the rate slow enough for Epic to track instead of just appearing magically-quick in some other place. He entertained both until the ice wall thinned enough for the world to look like warbling painted glass beyond it... and affixed their little one to his chest and asked if he could drape Kieara's arm over his shoulders, proud to do so after her accident with the fierce hunter.

She nodded to him to allow his actions. She melted the rest of the frost with her power and little Epic looked around happily glad to go somewhere new. He giggled and babbled on his fathers chest.

Cal gave the wound a recent inspection, biting his lip thoughtfully and looking to Kieara. He asked whether they should go home together or he should go fetch their familiar for stitches here. Either way, Epic didn't have comprehension of worry to get in the way of his eagerness to bob along in the air and explore is new Dust-given ability.

Kieara insisted that she was ok. "I can make it home for stitches. It's not as stressing on my side now that I can fly again." She explained to him. She was trying to ignore the pain and instead smiled at the infant whos eagerness was about to get the best of him. He looked up at his daddy and reached up trying to gain a handful of hair.

The male nodded to his love, winced at the grab and reflexively tossed his head out of the way, then shrugged. He set the little one belly-down on his shoulder like part baby practice flight, part ride, and let Epic do his worst to Cal's hair - "Bullied by someone as little as a single pea, that's a first," he crooned, being irreverent to distract from Kieara's ache along the way.

Kieara smiled and watched her son tousle his fathers hair. She smiled. "I wish he'd stay that size right there. That way he'd be our little baby forever." She said to him as they made their slow flutter home. As soon as they took to the skies again though he was all giggles again.

Calamus scoffed and confided, "Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm hoping he gets up to full growth in weeks like little mammals. Or four seasons max. Our son is gorgeous, okay, but faerie features look so weird squashed down to - puppy proportions." That didn't stop his pride during the game of flight prep during their slow flutter.
(( Seriously, Epic's schedule is your call even though I added new development lately. ))

((Alright. I was just taking it slow.))

Epic continued to giggle and babble as he fluttered along with him. Kieara was happy that he was happy. "What are we gonna do about the dust raid?" She asked him.

(( You can still match human's 18ish year pace even though Cal's thinking of kittens' 8 weeks. >.< I have no idea how many seasons or years the ordinary adults are supposed to last either. ))

He supervised while their arachnid applied silk thread to the gash in her side. "I'm thinking during a phase where there's already a lot going on. Next change of the seasons team switching out - or next festival."

She smiled at his cunning answer. "Darling you're a genius. I knew I fell for you for a reason." She said to him. She winced a little as she was patched. "We need to figure out when all this stuff is though." She said.

(Oh i know I was just finding cals comment amusing)

"Babe, common sense like that is the LEAST that comes with my hot package," he grinned and chuckled, confident of his love doing fine during the stitching despite the wincing.
"And you're doing so well and more than a season old, I forget you haven't hit a full year yet. Or that barely any of it was in Pixie Hollow..." He filled her in on the next season change and next festival, projecting they could get by on reduced Dust rations without turning transparent again, until either date.

(( Gotcha. But you're in charge of the next holiday/culture, k? ))

((Got it.))

Kieara listened and smiled. She heard him say the first event was a festival called the festival of hearts. It was to celebrate pixie hollow and all of the fairies hard work for all the seasons. Then the next season change was spring to summer. "So should we hit at the festival or season change?"

Cal mulled. "Well, there's extra Dust at hand during the season change because of the Mainland crossings, but security and supervisors really crack down on all the checklists. The festival, we could probably mug or pick off any loners we find, and have it get blamed on locals getting brazen for the Black Market. Not history's most awesome renegades."

Kieara smiled a bit at that. "festival it is." She said to him and spoke. "I started preparations last night. I made us some containers for the dust." She showed him what she'd made for them to use.

"Hey, if I didn't know better, you qualify for an extra talent," he grinned, extra impressed with his babe. "If we can make outfits and masks from leaves using Tinker technique, we'd throw witnesses off whether they were Tinker green, camouflage or night black. They'll investigate citizens out for themselves, not fugitives. And we'd have our animal influence as a backup ace."

He tilted his head and peered quizzically. "Mugging and scaring people, you'll be okay with that? Killing - not in defense like when guards attack us first - but just because regular people might see who we are and where we come from? You could still leave this to me like when you were pregnant, wait here with our little roly-poly." He didn't even realize he was talking lethal and cuddly baby talk in the same breath.

She nodded to him. "That's a good idea. And the killing part?" she seemed bothered. "I don't much like that....I can restrain them if you handle the brutal part." She said to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.