FEMALE
NAME:
Aafreenah Friya Zare

RACE:
Puntling

NATIONALITY:
Persian

APPEARANCE:
Aafreenah is a Puntling, and as one, she stands out in any crowd of regular people. Literally and metaphorically. She is a very tall individual, after all, standing 6'0" tall, with lavender-colored skin, and horns curling out of her head. Her frame is slightly curvy and toned, with wide hips and shoulders. She has donned scars on her body, including on her face, slashed down her left eyebrow, and dark brown eyes. And very noticeable, she wears a nose ring. The most "normal" feature about her may be her long raven hair, usually braid one braid.

PERSONALITY:
Cheeky, mysterious, and clever are the three words Aafreenah would use to describe herself. While they are complimenting attributes, they are not very compassionate ones. Because Afreenah is not the dictionary definition of kind and loving. Not on the surface level at least, the only love she seems to give is to her belongings and winnings. She is a woman of business and tricks. And when's she's crossed, you get the horn.

Though those close to Aafreenah know that as independent, selfish, and cold-hearted as she acts, she does have a warm beating heart and a silly sense of humor. And with time and favor, she grows soft and affectionate to people she grows fond of. That also means them being under her protection.

Merchant/Thief

BACKSTORY:
Aafreenah was orphaned at the age of three, never knowing who her true parents were. Left on the doorstep of a monastery to be raised by a group that aided their people. Unbeknownst to many, they weren't as kind to their own members as they were to their community. Aafreenah was raised in this religious group, this cult, to the best of them. They were kind the first couple of years, but the pressure increased the older she got. Until finally, she ran away from home.

As an adolescent beginning to enter her teen years, she lived on the streets, stealing to survive. And slowly but surely, she got pretty good at it. So much so, she made a name for herself and a profession out of it. She sells most of her contraband and lives a pretty decent life nowadays.

INVENTORY:
- Daggers​
- Lockpicks​
- Rope​
- Mini notebook and pen​
- Mini telescope​

SKILLS:
- Agile. She's flexible, quick on her toes, and nimble​
- Great liar​
- Lockpicking​
- She has great precision and can fight well in close range combat for a little while​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: A Crow
Asra

Puntling | Persian | Tweny-Seven | Female

Appearance
On Punt, Asra's appearance is unremarkable. Away from her homeland, Asra is unmissable because of how much she stands out from the crowd; although at a little over seven feet tall perhaps stands over it would be a little more correct. If this wasn't enough for someone seeking her company to pick her out then her ocean blue skin, greenish hair and muscles that would make even members of the Shah's order weep with envy certainly should be. On closer inspection one would notice that this imposing physique is littered with faint but very deliberate markings.

When it comes to dressing herself, Asra is not fussy or flashy. At home, she would wear the simple hard-wearing clothes of the common folk she was from. In the rest of the empire, this puntling will wear whatever she can find that will fit. If her strange style is a source of mirth for others, she does not appear to let it bother her.

Personality
Asra is a good daughter. Her mother always told her so; her grandmother too. This title is one that she always tries to live up to. She is kind and polite to all those who she meets and generous to those whom she thinks needs it. Deceit is not something in this Puntling's nature. If you get a promise or oath from her lips, you can expect Asra to do her absolute utmost to keep it and that she will feel guilty and remorseful if she can't.

This belief in the bond of her word is something Asra naturally extends to the promises of others. Some would say she is trusting, although plenty of others would say this is foolish naivety. Those who seek to take advantage of this open handed nature are unlikely to find themselves on the receiving end of a Puntling's Wrath. Violence is not something Asra is comfortable with at all. People who have wronged her and been caught will just find her generosity and trust withdrawn, unless she really thinks they might need her help.

There is one aspect of her psyche that Ara has allowed to blossom, despite the disapproval of her elders, and that is her love of chasing the horizon. For as long as she can remember, the promise of the unknown has always called to her, a siren song pulling her into its grasp. One day she will return home, she has promised as much, so now, Asra longs to see as much of the world as she can

Occupation
Like near everyone from her village, Asra is a fisher. She cannot remember the first time she sat in a boat, but being on and under the water is as natural to her as eating and sleeping.

Backstory
Not everyone's history is interesting or filled with intrigue. For Asra, life began as it had for generations of her forebears in a unremarkable fishing village on the rocky fringes of Punt. Her family, like near every other family in the village, made their livelihood from the bounties of the sea. When she was young, Asra helped to prepare the day's catch, once she was big enough she helped to gather the daily harvest with net and spears. No one would call the lifestyle Asra of her family lived luxurious, but it was comfortable. They had what they needed. Life was good.

The only wrinkle in the silk-like existence for Asra was an eternal desire to see what lay beyond the horizon. It called to her. While others were content to spend what free time they had at home, Asra would always be out exploring every inch, every nook and cranny of her island home. When she was young, this was enough to satiate, at least temporarily, her wayward desires. But, as was surely inevitable, one day in the early years of her womanhood, this daughter of giants found her homeland devoid of new secrets for her to uncover. At first there was a sense of satisfaction in this achievement, how many of her kind had seen all that their island home had to show. Soon though, satisfaction soured into sorrow. Asra yearned to see more in a place that had nothing more to give. Sorrow eventually ripened into despair and for several years, Asra stopped living and began just existing, living each day under a cloud of misery.

It was a moment of serendipity that was to lift the young Puntling from the depths of her gloom. A lost merchant ship, replete in the splendor of the empire, pulled into the bay that was Asra's home. She had always known about the empire in a vague way, but to see these strange folk, so short in stature, was a revelation of sorts. In an instant her mind was made up.

Her family did not want her to leave, but Asra was resolute, and loving as her parents were, they could see the hurt in their child's soul. They accepted her promise to return because they knew she was a good daughter and let her board the ship with their blessings. Since that day Asra has roamed the lands of the empire, working when she needs to and adventuring every day she can. The horizon calls to her and now she can answer.

Skills
Puntlings may be the descendants of giants, but Asra is a child of the sea. Years of working above and diving below the ocean's surface has left her as much at home in water as on dry land. She is a keen swimmer and diving beneath the surface while no longer some she has chance to do frequently, is practically second nature to her. This wholly physical lifestyle combined with the gift of long-lost forebears has given Asra strength and endurance that humans can never come close to achieving. Another boon of her slightly backwards existence is understanding that nature can provide. There are few things that Asra can not find a substitute for by turning to the gifts of the world with an experienced eye and practical hands.​

Last edited:
JUST A REMINDER: Sign-ups close today at 11:00 pm, GMT -5/CDT. Get your apps in by then!

Hey whats the relationship between Egyptian/Kemet peoples and the Nubian kingdom to the south? Being that they are bloodline related likely things gotta be kinda tense. The guy I'm building would be Ethiopian regionally but our map has that pretty much as lower Egypt. We cool with me just saying Egyptian? I know its a split up region now but in the time of the contest between the nations: would I be safe to assume they had to fight for the Shah's armies or be considered the same as the Nubian enemy?

I assume there must be some kind of tension between the Kemet people and Persians/Persian Egyptians.

Hey whats the relationship between Egyptian/Kemet peoples and the Nubian kingdom to the south? Being that they are bloodline related likely things gotta be kinda tense. The guy I'm building would be Ethiopian regionally but our map has that pretty much as lower Egypt. We cool with me just saying Egyptian? I know its a split up region now but in the time of the contest between the nations: would I be safe to assume they had to fight for the Shah's armies or be considered the same as the Nubian enemy?

I assume there must be some kind of tension between the Kemet people and Persians/Persian Egyptians.

I'm playing pretty fast and loose here with our world's history and geography. Some things I kept, and some things I didn't mention because...I didn't care enough to incorporate them. So you're more than welcome to mention the Kemets if you'd like, but as regards the Persian Empire: if the Kemets don't fall within Empire territory, then they don't know and/or care about them.

An Egyptian's side in the war was determined by 1) where they fell region-wise (Nubian or Egyptian-side) and 2) where their personal convictions lied. Also: an Egyptian didn't have to fight in the war either. After all, this was a fight between two invaders. They could've just sat back with their popcorn to see who would win. So up to you how you want to spin it.

Kifte Baako Kurte Bahadur
See the source image

commonly referred to as
' Darwish '

Race: Human (potentially endowed depending on availability but I'm planning on keeping that under wraps for a looong time if so)
Nationality: Egyptian by way of Ethiopia.
Appearance:

Standing at 6'2 he looms largely over the sea of everyday Egyptians he is often surrounded by. He is distinguished not only by his height and build but also his attire. They are well adorned with a mix of beads and patterns as well as bronze chains decorating his flanks. Atop his head he wears sash adorned with ostrich feathers and fastened by a beaded rope. Across his back he carries a tall metal lined Ashiko drum that takes up about the space of your average man nearly doubling his apparent size while under his arm he carries his favored Djembe drum. His hair and beard grow thickly to form a lions mane of rich rolling darkly colored curls around his face. That very face seems perpetually pleased to be alive with an ever present smirk remaining. The years of age have barely begun to creep across his face with the slightest of wrinkles set below his cheek bones being the most apparent.

Personality:
Darwish is often spoken of in smoke filled rooms where the floor stinks of wine, where the people are dancing and the drink is flowing. As an Egyptian it is natural that he partake of wines and beer throughout the day, as is their custom. Men say he is a man of high spirits when intoxicated who's size certainly saves him no coin in the pursuit. That size does afford him a manner of protection and as such a confident nature. Though his motives are unclear but acquaintances liken him to a drunkard in his seeming to live purely for the enjoyment of it. Darwish's overly boastful nature has led people to say he is a blusterer but the wanderer merely considers uninhibited conversation to be the only kind worth having. With candor and compassion the man enthralls those who imbibe alongside him. There are few who can escape his extensive reach as both men and women have been cradled and crushed within his overly affectionate arms. Often Darwish will entertain any he can with his pair of drums and the stories of times past.

Though few have seen and fewer spoken of it there is a beastly nature hidden behind his front of a free willed wanderer. In combat Darwish has no shortage of courage often making his way to the frontline of battles without hesitation. Non-lethal methods are his preference as he believes in the sanctity of all life. Those who have come against him remark that his battle-stride is unlike the hasty confidence of a man who loves bloodshed, but the somber stroll of one who greets it as a necessary part of life. Some have remarked that there is a touch of the carefree smile and intoxicating nature that remains on his face even in combat.

Backstory:

"Let me tell you of the man known as Kifte Baako Kurte Bahadar. The lands of our people have always been rife with hardship and conflict. Our neighboring nations, the neighboring tribes, even our own cousins have come to bear down on us. It was a harsh world, made even harsher by those who sought to unify us. Had I any sense I would have stayed out of the conflict but young men do lack sense. I thought perhaps it was simply the methods of my people that drove us forward so hard. Once I fought for your Persia, the Shah, I understood. I was a brutal and effective killer, one that murdered his own kind not for the glory and gold but because of a mans promise. I slaughtered men that could have been my brothers in the name of his glorious unified kingdom. Control is a simple fallacy, the misconception of man-kinds arrogance. The ideal that all people could live under one king in harmony is impossible. Rivers of blood cannot bring peace. Yes I know the fool I played but no longer. Never again will Kifte Baako Kurte Bahadar walk these sands severing the souls of the people in service to any Shah or king.

I shall persist as Darwish. A man of the world. A man devoid of all but desire and devotion to the gods."

Inventory: Darwish carries a heavy scimitar on his belt as well as a short steel spike that doubles as a lock picking device. He carries two drums with him. One is a tall Ashiko drum with an artfully crafted metal barrier around it's belly. The other is a short Djembe which hangs under his arm perpetually. Between his djembe and hip he keeps a coin purse tied to his belt.

Skills: His youth was spent in conflicts and battles of the era granting him an above average knowledge of warfare and swordplay. Darwish is a big man with imposing features and often uses such in combination with his kind spirit to disarm the people he interacts with. He is a warm individual almost all people and as such he manages to infiltrate many social circles. Beyond his socialite nature he is quick witted with sticky fingers to match, never taking much of great importance unless it would benefit him more than the previous owner.

Beyond essential skills Darwish is a masterful performer and talented cook.

cfb88c090fd95e3c8d2909b2e13e35e7.png

0ddb6c29ee59db78b62255d0f08d8b97.png

Personality: Outwardly confident, overly laid-back, and charismatic is perhaps the best way to describe Ayaz. The idea of failing hardly comes across his mind, and if there is no need or coin, he'd rather sit back and do nothing. But when he finds something he believes is worth doing, his cunning and tenacity rises to the top, and he won't stop until he gets what he wants. He firmly believes the ends justifies the means, and hardly cares what needs to be done to accomplish his goals. Lying, cheating, stealing, even extortion are all tools in his toolbelt. The only thing that makes him apprehensive is murder. He's quite clever as well, a talented schemer with several connections.

Ironically, the trait he values most in a person is honesty, and those he finds worthy of trust are people he tends to hold close. Because of his upbringing, he's rather quick to reach for companionship, taking it wherever he can find it. Loneliness is perhaps his biggest fear, and it's present in almost every one of his actions. Once you have his friendship, it is not so easy to lose.

History: If one were to ask Ayaz about his parents, he would answer that he's more a child of the streets than of man. His parents were never home, one delving deep into studying the works of the great Mouseion, while the other worked several jobs to bring in coin. With plenty of free time and next to no supervision, the boy would get into all sorts of trouble, from trespassing to petty theft, only to be thoroughly disciplined by his father, the most attention he would ever get from the man. Each and every time, his father would warn him not to let him hear about him getting into trouble again.

So Ayaz wouldn't. He'd just get better at not getting caught. Eventually his escapades would catch the eyes of a small band of thieves, and they would eagerly welcome him into their crew. Together, they could tackle bigger jobs, pull bigger and more complicated cons. As the years went by, he began to think of them as his family, to the point that he would eventually abandon his own, just to stay with them, without so much as a goodbye to his parents. It wasn't like they wouldn't see him around anymore.

Equipment: If there is one item Ayaz always brings with him, it would be his knife. A beautiful dagger with an elongated blade, sheathed and carried at his side.

Skills: Ayaz is relatively adept with a knife, though not by any means a true fighter. He's quite the capable planner, and is quite used to using his charisma as a tool to get what he wants. Years of running and evading pursuers have made him agile and fast, and his stamina is impressive as well.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED!

That's it, that's all. No buy backs or refunds. All sales are final. I will now peruse this fine merchandise and make my selections... :^))))

Last edited:
Wow, that week really flew by. Thank you for all the submissions! After some deliberation, I decided on six players who would continue with the rp. You would have received a message via discord or pm on Iwaku inviting you to the server over this past week.

To those who weren't accepted: thank you so much for applying! Unfortunately, I've learned there's a limit to how many characters I can manage successfully, and I was forced to pick a cast that best rounded each other. Should there be an opportunity for more players in the future, I look forward to extending the same invitation to y'all in hopes of rping with you :^)

To those who were accepted: Welcome to Pearls of Persia! Feel free to use this channel for OOC chatter. In the meantime, the GM post - fashionably late, of course - is coming tonight.

Thanks everyone!

Ah man… I'm so sad I missed this. It looks like such an awesome RP, shock full of potential. Oh well, I shall lurk. o^o

:( sorry. I love that this rp got so much interest, but alas I could only have so many people.

Maybe I should do something else in this universe 🤔

:( sorry. I love that this rp got so much interest, but alas I could only have so many people.

Maybe I should do something else in this universe 🤔
I mean… if you do, you can count me in for sure. :o

Reactions: Kuno
ANNOUNCEMENT
sAHAEND.png
Hello everyone! After some careful consideration, I've decided to reopen the sign-ups! That's right, I'll be accepting four more character sheets to add to our current roster. I would advise everyone to read over the main lore and its power subsection. It should help you tremendously in your character design and selection. Just a fair warning - more lore will be added soon! If you have applied in the past and wish to resubmit the same character, please make a note of that on this thread or message me privately! To those currently in the rp: you have the option of making a second character! No, I will not favor you guys over new people. That's nepotism and nepotism is b a d >:C Fight to the death.

To new people: character sheet formats can be found on the first page. As of now, a deadline has not been set. I'll set one depending on the interest shown...lowkey, it might be October 22nd, shhhh. If you're struggling on what type of character to make, I will say we are sorely lacking in characters who are: 1) NOT CRIMINALS 2) professional treasure hunters 3) warriors.

Thank you guys for all your support!

Melania Blackfinger
d5c458d239d5b1bba4864f430c861ed6.jpg

Disposition
You'll have to work hard to find a better travel guide, and it would be impossible to find a better professional treasure hunter-- ahem, antiques procurer.

Melania - or Mel, to her dear friends - is an even-keel and seemingly unflappable satyr with a penchant for playing Devil's Advocate, enjoying that most Greek pastime: friendly arguing. That unflappability is her greatest asset as a travel guide, keeping those she leads in the dark about those troubles they simply did not need to know about while keeping them abreast of the events that are most pertinent to their current itinerary. Those in her care will hear the full history of whatever area they happen to be traveling, in story-form of course as no one likes a lecture, and those who hire her for her treasure-hunting -- er, antiques procurement, will likewise enjoy a thorough understanding of the validity and history of whatever it is you happen to be hunting. Either way, she will keep you entertained, though it is worth stating that it is not wise to double-cross the person who happens to have a very thorough understanding of the terrain you are certainly a foreigner in.

History
Greek-born and bred on the Thracian coast bordering Turkey, Mel is the child of tall mountains, running rivers, and thick forest. A goat Aspect, she was naturally gifted to traverse the rough landscape and steep cliffs her people had long taken to transcending, both to get away from the valley people who persecuted them, as well as to travel with goods to those few places that welcomed their presence - even if only for their wares. Quickly, Mel learned the value that even small trinkets could have on a population, and how as much as someone might hate what you are, they would tolerate you for what you have.

Melania would soon tire quickly of a life ferrying pots, pans, and silver spoons over the ridges of the Rodopi mountains to yokels. All her life, she desired to see more of the world, to hear its stories and find out more about its wonders. Alas, it would not be by her own volition she would achieve her desires. One night, a group of Men came upon the group with the usual implements of a mob, and Mel was forced to flee with her brother and the few valuables the two had. Away from her clan, she realized they must now make their own way, and as two goat Aspects, they would not get far in such an environment. Instead, she took a gamble, and the two made their way to Constantinople.

It was here, she found her calling. Searching for an artifact high in the caves of the Rodopi mountains, she led a group of treasure hunters, of course only at the last minute finding that she and her brother would be betrayed to hide the existence and location of said artifact. It was a poor move on their choice. It is suffice to say, Mel found a buyer in Constantinople, and with the substantial funds, she began to fund her own amateur endeavors into the study of history, if only to find more artifacts to sell or keep.

Funny, it soon did not matter that she was a goat Aspect. The contents of her hard skull suddenly became far more valuable than the prejudice people felt towards her hooves and horns.

Abilities, Skills, and Inventory
Mel possesses the typical abilities of her race, that being great stamina, incredible balance on difficult terrain, and an immensely thick skull - though of course only in the physical sense. Likewise, Melania is adept at reading others, negotiating with buyer and seller alike, and is conversational in a number of languages, Greek and Persian being her best, Turkish a close second. Her directional memory is par excellence, and she is of course an antiquities expert, specializing in Greek and Egyptian treasures.

She did not, however, get so far without some form of defense. Carting around precious antiques is not without its risks, and she is frightfully able with a long spade... that can be sharpened to a rather wicked edge when needed. Doubled with her stamina, speed, and thick brainpan, Mel is shockingly difficult to put down despite her size and stature. She keeps on her person a set of cutlery, a lyre, a spyglass, maps, rations, and compass. Despite her preparedness, Melania is unable to swim, nor is she strong enough to wield something like a crossbow, though she wishes she could as it would be very useful.

Last edited:

Pan Tall-Bones
Goat Aspect | 21 years
Name:
Pan Tall-Bones

Race:
Goat Aspect

Home Territory:
Greece

Profession:
Bodyguard and Skilled Fighter

Description:
Pan towers above his peers at 6'2", and his profession keeps him solid and strong. His exposed skin tone tends to the light tan, while his fur tends toward a cedar red. Scars shallow and deep etch his skin along with the smile perpetually etches his face

Personality:
Pan is almost a prototypical 'good-ol-boy'. Raised to seek out those in need and aid them where he may, he has lost through tragedy a good deal of his trust in others. That trust comes difficult enough but is re-earned painstakingly, and he has no use for liars, though once earned and proven, his trust is unshakable. His strong sense of justice has more than once prevented him from coming to a point of empathy, and bridges have been burned because of it, and sometimes literally. Mostly uneducated but a hard worker, and with an almost unerring sense of direction, Pan has made himself an asset to his older sister, his only remaining family.

Bio:
From the moment he was born, Pan lived in his older sister's shadow. She was the favorite for traveling to the valley to sell wares. She was the preferred child to hawk the produce to the generally disinterested public. She was the one left in charge when Mother and Father were busy elsewhere.

Pan loved followed her around, however. He tried learning the Business, to be sure, but his mind wandered too often. To tell the truth, he much rather enjoyed the physical labor: climbing or descending, lifting the crates from their stall onto the carts of customers, and generally putting his muscles to work. Their parents encouraged it, for it gave bulk to a frame that was otherwise cedar-tall and willow-thin, and his mere presence was a deterrent to theft.

Yet not forever. People will find anything offensive, should they decide they want to be offended, and the close proximity of the Aspect clan to the valley's villages was unconscionable to them. They attacked one night, and Pan was dragged along by his sister as they fled for their lives. She led him to Constantinople, a sanctuary for them. Heartbroken by the treatment that had thus expelled them from their home, Pan focused on becoming powerful and violent, committed to not losing his sister as they had lost their family. So it was, when his sister took work as a guide for treasure-hunters, Pan was able to aid her in repelling their betrayal, and he destroyed them for it.

The artifact proved very valuable, and the notoriety that came with its successful location allowed them the security to live and work as they pleased. But Pan, for all his amiability, is ever watchful for the next betrayal, and as his sister looks for antiques, he looks for traitors.

Skills:
Pan has adopted to life as it has come, casting aside irrelevant skills in favor of more pertinent ones. He has become proficient with digging equipment in order to help his older sister in her endeavors. Similarly, since he is a rather simple man, Pan has focused on becoming as intimidating a presence as possible to stave off further attacks on the siblings, and he is mightily strong and deadly in combat.

Strengths:

• Strength (literally)
• Versed in most weapons to be found in Constantinople
• Proficient and creative cook

Weaknesses:

• Struggles understanding anything more complicated than a wheelbarrow
• Uneducated and mostly illiterate
• Ignorant of the world beyond his borders

Reactions: Takumi
Hi everyone! Today is the last day to get sheets in (technically it was Friday but I've been on vacation, shhhh). If you'd like to join at a later point, let me know! But your character may be introduced at a later point. Thanks, guys!

Name: Darius Ahura

Race: Human

Nationality: Persian

Appearance:

prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time.png

Personality
: A bright smile can warm the coldest hearts. A carefree individual who tries his best. Wealth and status are meaningless to him. The world around him would rather be how he becomes known. To pay it forward in a community. Kindness, a odd commodity, yet incredibly powerful.

Backstory: At a very young age he was brought to the arena in Isfahan to watch his Father in a boxing match. The arena, the crowd, the energy, it was enough to send a small child at the age of five into excitement of his own. When he came of age his father taught him how to throw a punch and soon after his own personal motto.

"Be kind to the people. They are the one's who appreciate you for everything that you do."

The roar's he heard when his father went blow for blow with his opponent were his father's proof. Something he wished to have one day for himself. It was not meant to be a tale of glory.

Everything his father told him? He took it to heart with incredible child-like naivety. The words his father believed, he also took to his grave. A tragedy that hit him hard and yet... The kid didn't stop believing them. There was no real reason for his father's death. He got old and passed. Unlike other stories, no betrayal, no blood, no vengeance. The man simply lived and died by his beliefs.

His father was his greatest hero. So, the child simply did as he was told. The good son, paid kindness forward. Always shaking hands of his opponent before a match, sharing meals with others, and everyday making it a point to smile. The genuine life of the party for those around him. When he was wronged the only thing he offered the person was a small frown and a furrowed brow.

Inventory: Preferring to keep unnecessary objects at home. He keeps only a few things on his person at any given time. The clothes on his back and his Cestus' hidden unless needed.

Skills: Masterfully artful boxing, an infectious laugh and smile, dancing, night life entertainment, fancy footwork and agile movement.