Pathfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. Might try and get a sheet up. Tried "tabletop" online a few times, though it's never really ended well. Hopefully this goes better seeing as it seems to be play by post.

Not too familiar with Pathfinder though, is there any specific PDFs or resources that could be pointed out? Would following the "cores" (races/classes) from this site work fine?

Hm. Might try and get a sheet up. Tried "tabletop" online a few times, though it's never really ended well. Hopefully this goes better seeing as it seems to be play by post.

Not too familiar with Pathfinder though, is there any specific PDFs or resources that could be pointed out? Would following the "cores" (races/classes) from this site work fine?

Any material besides third party resources.

D20 PFSRD is a great site for reference, but so is Paizo PRD. I prefer Paizo's site when looking for class, race, and equipment, but D20 PFSRD when looking at feats and spells. The way they put those two sections together for D20 PFSRD is a lot easier than trying to look through the three or four references on Paizo. Mostly it's all about preference though. If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask! We can all help out.

• Thank You
Reactions: Esper
Thanks, was mainly using PFSRD as reference. Just wondering about a Brawler Archetype though.

The chart lists a Mutagenic Mauler as losing both Maneuver Training and Brawler's Strike of the Brawler's Features, despite no indication on the actual Archetype page.

I can't find anything that indicates the loss of those two features on any other site either, so would that just be a mistake on the website's part?

There is a chart toward the bottom of the Brawler page. It looks like a spreadsheet with Cs and Xs on it.

There is a chart toward the bottom of the Brawler page. It looks like a spreadsheet with Cs and Xs on it.
Mhmm. I was referencing it, and the Mutagenic Mauler shouldn't lose those two listed Features going by what's listed on its actual page unlike the other archetypes, hence I was wondering if anyone could elaborate on the reasoning.

Just additional features lost for balance reasons?

A theory from skimming the two:

Maybe they removed those because a Mutagenic Mauler replaces Monk with Alchemist kinda? I mean, without the Monk, you lose the unarmed strike, right? No unarmed strike, no Brawler's Strike. And then maybe Martial Flexibility is an unmentioned prerequisite for Maneuver Training.

It's all just theory after skimming the two pages, so I can't say for sure I'm right. I don't know Pathfinder THAT well.

I am looking to start this next week. Sheets should be in by Sunday. Game starts Monday. : )

Maybe they removed those because a Mutagenic Mauler replaces Monk with Alchemist kinda? I mean, without the Monk, you lose the unarmed strike, right? No unarmed strike, no Brawler's Strike. And then maybe Martial Flexibility is an unmentioned prerequisite for Maneuver Training.
No, Mutagenic Mauler still possesses Improved Unarmed Strike.

Weird. It makes sense if it gets a couple monk things still, because it's still a Brawler subclass, but then it shouldn't ditch all that if there's no written reason. I'd guess it's just a balance thing then. Maybe it wasn't put in the description for some reason, perhaps because it should have been an obvious thing. Who knows? At that point, it's up to the GM on if it's by the chart or by the descriptions.

I did PM my sheet to you, didn't I @Esper?

Heyy Is this still open to new party members? I have the core rulebook at meh house so I could roll up a A monk/Paladin for the Party

http://www.d20pfsrd.com

I think we have a Brawler in the party. Monk/War hybrid type. You're more than welcome though. I will be tailoring the challenges to the party and I will be needing your sheet by tomorrow.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com

I think we have a Brawler in the party. Monk/War hybrid type. You're more than welcome though. I will be tailoring the challenges to the party and I will be needing your sheet by tomorrow.
That'd be me and cool, I'll try and finish it tonight then.

Just gonna throw down my Hit Die Roll here.

Last edited:
Awesome, we're getting a decent looking group!

Hmm... I might throw up either my Half-Orc Fighter, or perhaps my Aasimar Bard.

Allright Instead I will make a Lvl 4 Druid Lvl 3 Barbarian And I will get my Sheet up tonight/ tomorrow

Edit= I don't have d12 so Imma roll my Barbarian hit die right here So With my +2 COn bonus that would be 43 health

Last edited by a moderator:
Varbesh
Male NG Dwarve Druid 4 Barbarian 3, Level 7, Init +2, HP 43/43, Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 21, Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +8, CMB +9, Base Attack Bonus 6
Great Sword +9 (2d6, 19-20 x2)
Light CrossBow (Bolts 20) +8 (d8, 19-20 x2)
Hide Armor (+4 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 17, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 7, Wis 17, Cha 12
Condition None

Ah nvm, low Int.

Status
Not open for further replies.