✹ Paradise: Lost ✹ { Closed }

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Close or Continue the roleplay?

• Keep

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Close

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, nothing much in IC or OCC. To be fair i've been offline a lot.

I'ma just waiting for the point where one of the two ladies is about to kill each other. It looks like Aiko might swoop in for the finisher soon.

Also, out of interest, when will we get our first mission? I know it'll most likely be something simple, but I'm just wondering. Toshiro will be very good at academics as the day goes on, but the more physical training? Yeah... he'll probably look like a bit of an idiot xD

I'ma just waiting for the point where one of the two ladies is about to kill each other. It looks like Aiko might swoop in for the finisher soon.

Also, out of interest, when will we get our first mission? I know it'll most likely be something simple, but I'm just wondering. Toshiro will be very good at academics as the day goes on, but the more physical training? Yeah... he'll probably look like a bit of an idiot xD
When the IC progresses a bit lol. If nothing happens, then i'll just move things along by tommorrow.

Speaking of the IC, are we going to have roommates or is it solo-dorms?

Also, I have a few questions regarding the combat system:

1. What constitutes as a turn? Looking at the IC, Cantalian got a lot of free hits in that Aiko didn't get an option to respond to, from what I can tell. Cantalian even attacked twice in one post, and I don't know if that's against the rules or not.

2. How do critical hits affect damage?

3. How much stamina do you regain from resting a turn?

4. How do you set up an act-react combat system when the actions are submitted at different times? This essentially allows one to "predict" their opponent's moves if they wait for them to post first.

Anywho, I'ma make a post real quick. It's about time we wrapped this confrontation up.

1. Cantalian didn't attack twice in one post. The first attack was in the last post so the base power was much weaker. The other one costed seven stamina for the attack but had higher base power. Besides that, I think establishing a group chat or collabing would solve the problem of posts being in different times.

2. Post = Turn

3. Crits add a 50% modifer to an attack.

4. Collab posts I guess.

Mini-post to get the RP unstuck complete. Awaiting response.

(10) - (2 x .01 ) x .40 x 9) = 0.72 , 10 - 0.72 = 9.28
( 9 x 1.2) = Adj.Attack ( 10.8 x .01 x 10 ) = 10.8
( 10 + 10.8 ) = 20.8 Base Damage

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no clue that the IC was open! I didn't see any links to the IC in the chat, so I am reading and will try to have a post up soon!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
There's no real hurry, but the community page needs an update. XD Inactive participants need to be removed, and it wouldn't hurt if the characters were alphabetized. Also, I think it might be a better idea to put the HP/MP etc of each character on that page as well, since people look at it quite often.

There's no real hurry, but the community page needs an update. XD Inactive participants need to be removed, and it wouldn't hurt if the characters were alphabetized. Also, I think it might be a better idea to put the HP/MP etc of each character on that page as well, since people look at it quite often.
Yeah you're right. I might require everyone keeps track of HP/MP instead of writing it on the page.

Yeah you're right. I might require everyone keeps track of HP/MP instead of writing it on the page.
I'll be sure to start putting a HP/SP/MP/blah meter at the bottom of my posts from now on, in that case.

@UltimaCircuit - would it make sense for Toshiro to have a vague idea what Abscii is saying due to studying languages around the world, or is the language (I think it's Swahili unless I'm mistaken) very rare within this world? If it's only spoken by like, one tribe, I'll edit the post so Toshiro is all like 'uh say what'.

Oh, I nearly forgot, what about the dorm assignments? Is it everyone gets their own, or will there be mates? If we're doing roommates, I can give us a hypothetical setup of who lives with who using the divine guidance of RNGesus.

I assigned each active character a number 1-8 (assuming Kitsunemage is still around), and prayed to the almighty RNGesus. This is what I got:

1 = Cantalian
2 = Abscisum
3 = Willow
4 = Toshiro
5 = Trinket
6 = Remi
7 = Aiko
8 = Amber

RNGesus Speaks (repeated number removed):

51-38-62-74

OR, if we're not cool with coed, I blocked the characters by gender and consulted RNGesus again.

For the boys, there are only three, so they'd room together

For the girls, we get one group of two, and the rest are in a 3-girl dorm.

Using the same number labels above, RNGesus put Cantalian and Remi together.

We don't have to go by this setup, but it's a start.

Oh, I nearly forgot, what about the dorm assignments? Is it everyone gets their own, or will there be mates? If we're doing roommates, I can give us a hypothetical setup of who lives with who using the divine guidance of RNGesus.
I'm also working on that . Mostly likely I'll just let everyone pick their own pairings for the dorm rooms. Although i'll borrow the number system you have.

I'll be posting sometime tomorrow. I've had a big weekend and too tired to really do anything worthwhile.

for some reason, I haven't been receiving notifications from the IC thread @_@ there's been like a whole page of posts since it last notified me xD

Status
Not open for further replies.