Overwatch Second Generation!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more new faces, in the least there was plenty of bodies to go around. Most gave him nods and quick hellos in return after his brief introduction, and that sufficed. Just about to head down the corridor to his own room he paused hearing a much more direct response. Turning around steely blue hues landed on the tall Egyptian male, for a moment he sized him up before peering downward at his hand. Celio's hand lifted to grasp Akil's. "Likewise." Short and simple, he let go of the man's hand before continuing on his way. Briefly his eyes would land on Hikaru, looked a lot like D'va... Maybe she was related? Who knows, the get up was similar. Seemed there were a lot of children and relatives following in the footsteps of the old heroes. As he walked down the corridor he turned to his left and looked at the number on his door.

Most others were excited to be here, and he could understand why, this was Overwatch... They were a pretty big deal after all. Some of the new recruits decided to hit the gym or training room, get a good pump going, not Celio. Taking out his room key he placed the card against the card read to the right of the door causing the door to slide open. His room for the most part was plain, he hadn't made any special requests; just a bed over to the corner another door off to the back, likely the bathroom, desk and chair. Walking over to the desk something caught his eye, there was a laptop, desk light, but it wasn't that... No, there was a few pictures in frames. Moving to sit at the desk he removed his shades for a closer look. The first picture was a old picture of his gang mates, including himself. A smirk pulled at his lips, he remembered his pic... They had just formed up, it was a picture to celebrate the new team... Gabe, Miles, Elizabeth... Lin, they were all there. Turning his gaze over to the other picture his eyes widened, he placed the shades on the desk and grasped the picture frame in his hand. There was just a woman holding a little boy's hand, the background was familiar... New York city. The woman looked to be in her late twenties, Asian, ebony hair with slightly tanned skin, she was beautiful... She was his mother, and the little boy was him. Eyes shifted to the side for a moment recalling something Mei stated earlier that day.

"I know you did not request any thing special for your room, but there is a surprise waiting for you! I hope you like it!"

A smiled pulled at his lips. "...Goin' so far for me... Ya didn't have to Mei."

Reactions: Razilin and Cirilla
After some time Chu-li decided to go back to her room and meditate like her uncle Genji had taught her. Breathing in deeply she sat down criss crossing her legs and holds her hands on her knees. Closing her eyes she began to meditate til she found inner peace with herself which didn't necessarily take that long. Once Chu-li had finished meditating she had decided to go for a post meditation stretches she now had her jacket tied around her waist and had her shirt of showing a black sports bra.

Once finished with her stretching the young Shimada girl went back to grab the helmet for her suit. It didn't seem to be working as well as it had in the past. Making her way around she finally found the hangar/workshop. Seeing the young girl named Hannah at a workbench with her laptop. Chu-li was looking for Winston, she found him not far from Hannah. He seemed to notice her as she walked up to him.

"Hello Winston-sama, I came down here to ask if you could and would be willing to fix my helmet?" She bowed formally to the Ape from the moon trying to show her most possible respect.

@Cirila

[[ crap this one will be short too, I still don't have too much to work with, plus I suck at writing so excuse my bs]]

As she spoke to the man who went by 'Akil' her eyes were analyzing the events unfolding behind him, cowgirl and general dude obviously were familiar with each other. They were hugging and seemed to be catching up. Two other girls were speaking to Winston...about what though? Her mind began juggling once more, if the cowgirl and the other guy had connections, they definitely will work better in the arena than those who aren't familar with the others. They were at an advantage it seemed. It made Hikaru uneasy to know that other people could be ahead of her in the ranks, she needed to learn the tactics of the rest in the room. She needed to learn their strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akil didn't know what was racing through the young girl's mind and he wasn't going to ask, instead she commented about his mother Fareeha, but called her by her the callsign she had used in the past. "Yes. Fareeha is my Mother and I'm a Marksman, or Sniper if you prefer. I was part of Egypt's Unit 777, Special Forces." He gave a brief summary over himself once more to the young Korean girl, who called herself E-9 instead of her real name. She was going only by call sign for some odd reason. He finished wrapping his left hand and began to work on is right hand while thinking about what else to say to 'E-9'. While Akil wanted to boat a bit about his skills on being a Sniper, considering himself at least in the Top 5 in the World, he was too humble for that and he wasn't the kind of person to brag about himself but let his actions show his abilities.

Akil wasn't going to be a 'Tank' for Overwatch, he didn't wan to fit in that role. He had sharp eyes and his shots were dead on, which is why he obtained the call sign Eagle from his squad.

Akil finished wrapping his right hand as Hikaru seemed to look away from Akil for a moment and over to the blonde girl that walked in and Jack Zielger had gone over to. Another person Akil had to introduce himself to, which he didn't plan on doing right away because he was going to the gym to workout.

As he spoke, her eyes widened a little as he told her about Egypt's unit 777. She could feel her gut spinning a little at the surprise of the skill set he must have to be, one, Pharahs son, two, in the special force 777 unit. He seemed....incredible. Far more on his list than Hikaru who hadn't been in the special forces or anything... Nodding a bit trying to make less obvious of her excitement she herself had to make herself sound cool....but how? She wasn't related to any of the former overwatch, let alone she worked herself to the bone to just be here. "Although I'm not related to any of the previous overwatch, I've trained along side Dva and Genji, although it wasn't long until they became too weak for me. Thats why I decided to joined Overwatch, I need to reach my potential. Right now my goal is to be a better offense, currently I'm striving as a tank role." she said, the confidence showing in her voice. Although it wasn't a one hundred percent true, Hikaru came here to be the best hero and although the people here were allies, they were also her competition.

Obviously for E-9, this alone was more than she would ever talk to someone, but if she had to fight alongside these people then she had to make them comfortable with her. As her eyes glanced to his hands, she raised an eyebrow "Are you headed somewhere?" she spoke, slightly with less attitude than usual. Even though socializing was outside of Hikaru's comfort zone, she had to. She needed to learn more about the strengths that these heroes posses and what better way to do so than spending 'quality time'. Given that Akil seemed high in ranks, she peaked her attention towards him for now, if she could learn a few tactics from him then she could only use those towards her advantage right?

Reactions: Razilin
Once Bailey had worked few a fair few clips of her smg, she put it back on the holder at her waist. Damn, she still had a good shot, having a decent accuracy for stationary targets with an SMG, but not really anything to write home about. But oh well, pinpoint accuracy wasn't her speciality, that was zipping around and making whoever they were fighting rip their own hair out in frustration. Bailey chuckled lightly to herself then as she went away from the range, heading over to the gym. For her, cardio was 100% one of the most important aspects of physical fitness.

When she got there, she saw one of the other new recruits. She smiled, wanting to get to know some of them well. And, this one was different, a mountain of a man, and he was lifting a lot. So, she walked briskly over to him happily. "Hey, wow. That's a lot of weight. The name's Bailey, but I probably told you that already. You're Erik right? Pleasure to meet you, I can't wait for us to be working together. What do you think we'll be doing tomorrow? Perhaps some recon? Or do you think there's some big bad out there who we need to take down? I wonder if we'll have to go far, and what the weather will be like. Oh! And what everyone looks like in their combat gear of course, I've always found that really cool, seeing all the different suits and things the heroes of Overwatch wear, like how Reinhardt had that really cool armour, and then Mcree and his really cool cowboy outfit. And then my sis and her awesome chest thiny that lets her blink everywhere and be awesome!" Bailey continued to ramble, regardless of if Erik was listening to her or not. Eventually, she realised what she was doing, and chuckled playfully. "Sorry, I've rambled so much. It's a bad habit of mine, just like running around everywhere and constantly... Sorry." She chuckled, realising she was about to start rambling again.

Erik stopped lifting the weights as Bailey chattered. Putting the weights back on the rack, Erik sat up and wiped some sweat from his brow. "Nice to meet you Bailey. As for what our mission will be, I have no idea." He stood up and looked down at the perky girl. "Do you need a training partner? Perhaps some sparring? I can teach you a few hand to hand combat techniques that might suit you. My teacher Herr Reindhart had me train for a variety of scenarios."

Erik walked over to a water cooler and filled a small paper cup that looked tiny his large hand. Drinking the water in one gulp, he looked over at Bailey and pointed to a set of sparring equipment. "Would you like to spar or would you prefer to do something else?"

Akil glanced down at his hands as Hikaru mentioned them and if he was going anywhere. She wanted to become a great Hero in Overwatch, but that kind of stuff didn't matter in real life. Believing you deserve something more than another one of your colleagues ends up ruining what everyone had going. The best example of that kind of attitude and though process was Gabriel Reyes and Jack Morrison. Gabriel believed he deserved the promotion more than Jack and began to leak Blackwatch information, ruining Overwatch and the peoples trust for Ovewatch. Akil didn't know anything about Hikaru or what she may be thinking at all, so he just stood in front of her as she continued to speak.

"I'm heading to the gym for some exercise and training. Punching bag." He gestured to his wrapped hands, putting the left over wrap into his pocket and walking past Hikaru towards the door. "You can tag along if you really want, or you can meet with the other recruits." He waved his hand at her, letting her choose on her own while he left.

Heading into the gym/training room he saw Bailey and Erik in the room already chatting it up. Akil kept to his side of the room. He started with stretches and small weights to warm up before going to the large punching bag in the corner of the room where he began to start his little training.

Winston was about to open his mouth to tell Hannah to be brave and keep trying to talk to the others but another appeared and he turned his gaze to the Japanese female voice as he smiled "Ms Shimada.. I would be happy to though you should really ask Hannah next to repair it she is more technologically advanced than I am nowadays" the gorilla says with a kind chuckle as he could see Hannah looking across just briefly in the corner of his eye. Winston took the helmet from the young Shimada and tool it to his work bench knowing curiosity will very quickly draw Hannah over as well. "interesting where did you get this designed?" he asked Chu-Li as he examined the helmet and started to take it apart slightly to fix what appeared to be a damaged circuit. Only needing to tinker for a moment Winston had repaired and returned the helmet.

----

Lena listened to the new recruits question and smirked a little she knew who the young man was. "well Luv Reaper is still kicking out there... Widowmaker she is going to be involved with your mission tomorrow as for sombra and the others you will have to wait and see.. So many things have started to change Tanaka" she says purposely being vauge. By request she was told to tell as little information on the first day. The recruits were supposed to get to know one another not worry about Talon.

"if you really want to know more you could always ask the commander tomorrow" Genji said leaning against the wall beside Tracer before pushing of the wall and heading off down the hall to check out where the other recruits had vanished off to. Unsurprisingly time Cyborg located the others in the training grounds. Many already eager to work. He was a little disappointed to miss seeing his niece train but he knew her level of skill Hanzo taught her well. Though he did pity her because the man was on his way here most likely going to lecture them both.

Tanaka sighs, listening to their answers. "You can tell I know your not telling me the whole truth right? It's written all over both of your fac.. err, Your face and your mask." Tanaka turns to walk off after bowing, Figuring he'll pay winston a visit when He sticks to the ceiling due to his magnetism. "Great. And now I am a fancy living chandelier for all to see. Chikushou. (Damn It.)" He lets his arms and legs dangle for a moment, Before trying to act like an inchworm, hoping to make some progress towards Winstons. Seems if nothing else the young Japanese recruit was determined. Thinking back to some of Zenyatta's old wisdom he can't help but smile a bit, And continue, Inch by insignificant Inch, Towards Winstons.

Chu-li probably should have learned about the helmet herself before putting it together however Chu-li was thankful that Winston agreed to fix her helmet, she watched him toy with it a bit taking it apart, as he put it back together handing it back to her. Chuckling at Winston's question Chu-li scratched behind her head for a bit before answering the big ape. "Well um..." Chu-li started gulping in before finishing, "I may or may not have stolen the blueprint and parts from my family's crime warehouse." Chu-li chuckled a small amount slightly embarrassed. Still quite thankful that he agreed to fix her helmet was a relief. "ありがとうございます" (Thank You!) Winston-sama." She bowed again before asking another question. "Would you happen to know where Genji Oji-chan is ?(Uncle) If so could you lead me in the right direction." she asked hopefully.

@Cirilla

Somehow it was not really a surprise that the young Shimada had stolen the blueprints for the helmet, it was common for agents to appear with all sorts of fascinating blueprints and gear they had acquired. The human mind was always so clever. Winston always enjoyed examining the creations. "You do not have to look so ashamed.. it happens" the gorilla chuckled as he could see the Shimada respect really coming through with the way she bowed and thanked him. "your welcome.. though as for Genji.. I could only guess he would either be meditating in her room or examining the recruits in the training grounds I will quickly get Athena to check for you" Winston said as he went back to his computer "Athena where bouts is Genji?" he asked the Ai as he folded his arms. "In the training grounds, looks like he is considering a sparring match" the Ai said in response.

Tanaka slowly gets to the door to Winstons lab, still magnetically stuck, This time to the wall, and he knocks on his door, Sighing a bit. "Pardon my intrusion Sir, But I am quite stuck.... Literally....." The Japanese man struggles to attempt to push free of his situation, But fails. "There are some times I hate magnetism...." He starts muttering to himself, Thinking about How Hanzo would react, Were he to pass by, and a wave of relief brushes over him after he reminds himself that Hanzo was not yet present. "Sir If now's not a good time I could inch back along the ceilimg, and return later....." Tanaka stares, Quite boredly, at the door to Winston's lab, Sighing again with agitation and frustration. "Tanaka, Tell me what troubles you." He says to himself, Imitating Zen to the best of his ability. "I'm stuck to a blasted wall without the ability to move." He tries to get off again, Once again attempting to replicate Zen. "all the more time to think, and Dicipline your mind." Tanaka sighs once more, before giving up on getting off of the wall without help.

@Cirilla

For sometime Celio sat reminiscing, while he was here how were the others doing back in the Bronx?... Brows furrowed at the thought, they were fine... The gang was a smart bunch, no way they'd be out yet. Though, right now they are probably laying low, it would be the wisest action to take. Steel blue eyes looked towards his gauntlet, his fingers closing and opening a few times to form a fist. Mei would want him to train... Did he want to? Nah, not really... The young man pushed off of the chair and slipped his shades back on. Even if he did not want to, he needed to... Who knows what they were going to face out there, and according to Mei Reaper was still at large. That was man he needed to prepare for just in case the two ever needed to fight. The door to the room slid open and Celio made his exit. It was time to see what he was made of, time to hit the training grounds.

It did not take the young man to get there, seemed the training grounds were actually pretty close to the rooms. Large sliding doors slid open to reveal a gargantuan circular room, it was really quite impressive... Though there was nothing in there. Right away his eyes were drawn towards the cybernetic ninja, Genji.

Behind his shades eyes narrowed lightly before a grin pulled at his lips. Resting a hand on his hip he cocked his head upward, eyes locked onto the warrior before him. "Lookin' to whip us in shape?" He called out to the man.

The young Shimada girl gave a final bow to the giant gorilla, before turning slowly jogging down the hall not noticing the man stuck to the wall. Going down a few hallways she made it back to her room placing her helmet back where she had had it in the first place. Leaving her room she shut the door looking back to make sure she had closed it the whole way. She made her way back to the training grounds. She still had her weapons on her,but she had put her gray t-shirt back on when she went back to her room. Making her way in she almost had run into someone. Did she know this person, the young Shimada felt like she knew him from somewhere which, she then remembered. He was Celio one of the new recruits, the only other thing she remembered was that he was related to Mei somehow. Looking past him she found her uncle, silently giving him a big wave, not getting the attention of the other recruit.

He knew this base like the back of his hand, where the facilities were, where the hidden stash of peanut butter was. It was home away from home. Vincent Reyes callsign Ghost walked in through the side entrance. He wore a white fitting tshirt, grey jeans, black combat boots with a black fitting leather jacket. If someone looked closely enough every item of clothing had a tiny mechanical chip on them all designed to keep him clothed if an attack were to happen and he needed to dash through walls or pull his teammates into his dimension. Requested to not be present during the introduction of the recruits he returned from training of his own. One that involved space and a keen eye. Entering in behind him was none other than Captain Ana Amari. "you did really well Vincent in time you really won't need me to join you" the old Egyptian sniper said as she tapped his arm and gave him a kind smile. "I am glad you think so Ana I also think I'm ready for a proper test" Vincent says with a small smile upon his face.

"I would think that would be possible once you have met your teammates" Ana comments as she pulled her hood down from her head and kept her sniper slung over her shoulder. "now I have a grandson to find and you need to try to be friendly" she chuckled as she watched the young Reyes roll his eyes before quickly walking away. It was unmistakable Vincent took after his father.. Stubborn, courageous, daring.. It still surprised her the similarities. Walking at a quick pace Vincent walked towards his room it was at the very end of the recruits corridor it was unnumbered due to it being his room for a long time now. He noted the sound of Ana's footsteps as they got quieter then vanished.

Walking down the corridor be took note of the people he could see two people greeting each other with a hug. One a male who with a vague glance he couldn't tell who he was and a female.. Spotting the western style hat noting that the female had to be none other than Kristen McCree.. Sniper ranked second in the world. There was also a girl in the corridor standing on her own and a male with a gauntlet walking to the training grounds. 'I hope they can fight…' he thought to himself as he entered his room.

-------

"not today… I will just be observing.. Making sure nobody gets injured"
Genji said politely as he saw his niece in the corner of his eye. A smile present beneath his helmet as his gaze returned to the recruit Celio. This was the boy Mei spoke so much about. It would be interesting to see what he could do. Though speaking to his niece was a priority. "enjoy your training I must go and greet my niece" Genji bowed his head respectfully to the recruit before pushing of the wall and towards Chun Li. "私は最後のあなたを見たので、あなたが成長しています (Greetings my lovely niece)" he said grinning beneath his helmet as he greeted her with open arms. "私は最後のあなたを見たので、あなたが成長しています (you have grown since I last saw you)" he said overjoyed.

-----

"you never cease to amaze me young Tanaka" Winston said as he looked from his computer to see the young man attached to the wall. It was not a new sight though it was tiring at times. Hannah chuckled as she watched her mentor walk across the room and detach the mischief maker from the wall with a small device. "you really need to figure out how to detach yourself.. Zenyatta told me you just had to calm your mind and soul.. Then your body should follow" Hannah called out as she giggled a bit more. Herself being part cybernetics and could understand to some degree.

Tanaka relaxes thankfully as Winston assists him, And Shoots a look at Hannah. "You must not have seen what magnets do when they're brought together then. I seem to be turning into one large, Living, Magnet." He groans as all thr electrical equipment in the lab starts acting strange Some of the small metal pens Launching for him, And He only just avoids them. "I hate to ask, But is there some way you could help me with this Winston-San?" He sighs, Thinking about how Genji must have felt just after being made a cyborg ninja. "magnetism is great and all, but I'm tired of finding myself stuck to anything metal in the vicinity."
@Cirilla

Last edited:
"ちょっと叔父源氏" (Hey, Uncle Genji) Chu-li said hugging her metallic uncle, getting a familiar chilling sense of cold metal touching skin. She broke the hug holding onto her uncle's shoulder's giving him a certain stare. "あなたはお父さんは右の私たちを殺すために起こっている知っていますか?" (You know dad is going to kill us right?) Chu-li said knowing full well that her father would lecture her til she was deaf. "どちらかそれか、彼はすべての永遠のために私をグランドにしよう、と何をやってから私を禁止します." (Either that or he'll try to ground me for all eternity, and forbid me from doing anything.) Chu-li sighed a little after, after all her father always treated her like a little girl and or baby, her father still had no clue about her powers, or at least she hoped he didn't. Cearing her mind after she waited respectfully for her uncle to respond.

Once the hug ended Genji chuckled "あなたのお父さんはもうあなたのいない子供を理解する方法を学習します大丈夫だろう(it will be okay your father will learn to understand your not a child anymore)" he said calmly as he knew how much it worried her. It did not surprise him that the two but heads alot. She seemed to take more after himself than Hanzo "私は彼が家にあなたを取ることはありませんあなたを約束することがで"(I can promise you he won't take you home) Genji sighed as he knew a discussion would have to happen soon with Hanzo about Chu Li. It would be a painful one too. He should just be glad his daughter came to Overwatch and did not do the foolish things he did in his youth."私は言われたけど、彼はここで彼の道を進んでいます." (though I was told he was on his way here. )

----

Hannah nodded "I do understand how it works which is why Winston and I have been trying to come up with a solution to your problem.." she said as she looked to the Gorilla who had returned to his own workbench and was tinkering with a small metallic device. The magnetism of Tanaka was not effecting it. "well, currently we have been trying to find a way to give you control of your ability but we are not there yet sadly" Winston admitted. It was a fiddly thing working with magnets, Hannah especially hated being too close to Tanaka with her metal legs.

Tanaka sighs a bit and nods to the two. "Sou desu ne..... (I see, literally ' (it's) so isn't it.' ) Well, I'd offer to assist but, Well, I can See Hannahs Discomfort with me written all over her face, and I'd do little else but stick to the first thing magnetic. maybe even wiping Hard drives or causing Athena difficulties. No one wants that. As you can Imagine, I'll be in the area." He turns to walk out, Before snickering. "...probably stuck to the nearest metal construction around." The young recruit gets an idea, And grabs an extention cord, wrapping it around himself loosly, Cutting the ends off and fastening them to a car battery. "This electromagnet may assist in the meantime. At least until I run out of battery." And with that he slowly heads off to talk with Tracer again Should he be able to find her, Wondering just how she got by before her chronal accelerator was finished.
@Cirilla

Status
Not open for further replies.