Overthrowing the Courts (IC Group RP, OPEN)

"Home." Meave said. "Don't fall too far behind, the sentries will shoot first and apologize later."

She leaped off to the side and caught a thick rope. Pulling herself up, over the railings she smiled, a soft, closed lip smile as she gazed upon her home; her community. The precious few children that lived there ran up and grabbed her pack, squealing with happiness and they hurried back, to the commons.

The commons were a gigantic circular area. It was impossible to get lost in the trees, because every path led back to the center. Community was important, and the commons enable them to be as tight knit as possible.

Maeve waved the nearest sentry to her. "The Nixie is a healer, treat her with respect." She said a tone that commanded respect, and obedience.

Taking Maeve's advice, Muna hurried behind her guide. She surveyed the community she just entered - so many fae lived here. She watched as Maeve commanded the sentry and started to become impressed by the siren she stumbled across in the woods. As she followed, Muna started to feel a bit safer among the treetops. She considered asking Maeve where to find water, but she deemed it inappropriate at this time. Silently, she followed the rogue into the commons.

Maeve made her way to the commons. Most of the community had gathered for the afternoon. Everybody had a job, and they all took pride in caring for the community together. Maeve slid around the circular border, trying to get through without disturbing anyone.

Finally making it to her house, she pulled the drape back and motioned that the Nixie could follow if she wanted to. She groaned as she sank to her pallet. Her muscles were screaming at her. She'd be paying for her carelessness the next day.

Sitting back on the saddle eyeing the Gancanagh. "Just on patrol." Feeling a bit dumb for asking that kind of question because it had an obvious answer, but she did not dare to make a slight hint of stupidity. To take her mind off of it she asked him, "And why are you in this part of the forest all alone? Causing any trouble?"
Malek snorted and stomped on the ground bobbing his head like he was trying to tell her something. Celia made her horse move to the side to see if that will stop whatever he was doing.

"Patrol? Pointless. The only one here is me," he said, brushing his golden hair behind one ear. The forest didn't tell him of elves, it seemed, just as it didn't tell elves of him. It would seem that the elves, too, had some kind of alliance with his forest. Unfair. "All alone? Well, I guess you could say... alone. But I'm not causin' trouble. No, and if I were, you wouldn't hear of it."

How insulting. Trouble was fun on occasion, but it wasn't his whole purpose for living. He'd much rather be doing something much more productive than that. "Plus, the nymphs are much more pleasant in the afternoon..."

Muna noticed Maeve's invitation to follow, but she decided to take a quick look around. She was so fascinated by this place... almost complete opposite of how the Palace was. Everything was so... casual.

She noticed male and female fae alike gathering in this commons. It seemed like an important place to be, but as to what they were gathering for, she knew not. She decided to find the only familiar face she knew and sat next to her. Pulling her knees up to her chest, she quietly asked, "What is the purpose of this room? Who are your companions?"

"This is home, and we are a family." Maeve stated, plainly rubbing her temples. "We live beyond the reach of the courts. Everybody does their part, and thus we are all taken care of."

She leaned back, stretching her arms above her head before standing, and strolling to the direct center of the commons.
She waved at a guard to get his attention, before nodding at him. A soft and gentle hum began, flowing forth from the guard, and catching to those nearest him. Soon enough the entire commons was humming, a gently, but continuous note.

Maeve held her arms up, above her head, and the humming ceased.
Clearing her throat she spoke with a low, even tone. "I almost lost my life today in the forest." She paused as a collective gasp fell through the crowd. "The Fates thought it pertinent that I live and a healer happened across my path." She pointed to the Nixie. "Please, friends, family, treat her with respect, and in time we may all grow to trust her."

She turned, and headed out of the commons, and away from the commotion that her announcement had probably caused.

Celia scowled at the thought of nymphs being pleasant for she did not have a happy experience with them; she did not like them and they did not like her.
Not realizing that she was a little too close to the waters she did not see that she was being watched by some creature.
A second or two after the gancanaugh had spoken a water nymph jumped out of the water frightening her horse making him buck. Celia fell on her back and rolled onto her stomach knocking the air out of her lungs. it took a moment to finally be able to breathe she turned around ready to defend herself, but her sword was not with her. Growling, she realized that her sword was on the saddle. Malek was no where in sight guessing he ran off; grumbling she started getting up. The water nymph got to her first and grabbed her legs and started dragging her into the water. Kicking the nymph trying to get it to release her, but it was no good. She knew she had a knife around her, but she couldn't get to it on time. The nymph struggled to drag her in, but it didn't loosen it's grip and started to use all its strength.

Ruarc burst into laughter at the sight, hardly surprised by the nymph's actions-- elves and nymphs were almost natural enemies, as far as he'd seen. Nymphs with their sneaky nature, and elves with their proper high-and-might attitudes. He didn't jump to help her, or offer her a hand. Not at first. Instead, he leaned into the water to whisper some indecipherable words to the nymphs, a bright smile etched permanently onto his face.

A watery giggle followed and, after a moment of struggling, the nymph dragging the poor elf into the water ceased and slipped back beneath the water, waving daintily to Ruarc as she vanished.

"Told you. Nymphs don't like elves. But they love me."

Celia was underwater now and had to hold her breath. She knew she had to do something so she looked for her knife; It turns out the knife was right under her sleeve. The nymph realized what she was doing and let her go to save itself. But she was dragged deep underwater and soon she had to have air or else she would drown. She started swimming back up, but the nymph was watching her as she swam up. Losing breath quickly, she had to speed up or else death would be upon her. The surface was getting closer and closer as she swam. Right before hitting the surface she looked around for the nymph and it was gone.
Finally she hit the surface and gasped for air. She noticed that the Gancanagh was laughing at her and made a face of displeausre. She swam to the shore and pulled herself out of the water. She crawled away from the waters and sat against a tree making sure she was a good distance away from the water. Not looking at the Gancanagh she sighed heavily, "I see you're entertained by the sudden event." She coughed some water out of her lungs and rested her head against the tree looking at the sky with closed eyes. She felt alone and she had no one but her horse. She tried not to pay much attention to him, but he this a bright smile across his face and she scowled.

Muna stood in slight shock as the siren made her dramatic exit. She really knows how to stir up a crowd. Muna watched as shocked fae conversed quietly among themselves. She felt quite a few eyes upon herself as well. Messages of "What happened?" "By the Gods, we are so grateful to you!" and "Where do you come from?" were clashing inside her ears. Muna gave them each an apologetic smile and followed in the direction the siren went.

"Hey, Maeve! What was that? Why would you stir up a crowd to ask questions and leave me to fend for myself?" Muna couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. She was not ready to tell strangers about herself, let alone why she is where she is.

"Entertained?" Ruarc looked hurt for a moment, maybe a bit thoughtful. The smile showed itself again and he shook his head. "No. I almost feel bad for you, elf. Stuck in these woods now, without a mount, no one to help you... Well, I'd be willing, but you know how things are." Elves were seelie as far as he remembered. He didn't care one way or another for them, but it would be best if they didn't get too comfy. At least, not out in the open.

"Of course, if you plan on going home, you could just follow the trees advice, if you listen carefully. I hope you can distinguish between the lies of animals and the gossip of plants."

"Sorry about that, I'm not one for crowds. I love them, and would die for them, if the need arises." She hopped down some rough looking stairs and folded herself through a short doorway. Staying just inside the door she added, "They need an explanation for your presence. I owed them that, and you. You saved me, I owed it to you to guarantee your safety."

She turned her back to Muna once again, and moved to a simple water pump. She pressed down several times filling a large tub. "I really need to soak." She said plainly. "I'm sure you probably do too. This one is for you. When I'm done, I'll meet you back in the commons, all paths lead there eventually."

She turned and left the room, moving across to another doorway, and repeating the process of filling the tub. She lowered herself into the cool water and felt it soak into her skin. She needed to eat, but she was too tired, and after she had soaked a good amount of time, and absorbed as much of the water as she could, she stepped out of the water, and dressed. She pulled the stopper from the bottom of the basin, and watched as the water slowly returned to the land. It would be absorbed by a nearby tree, encouraging its growth.

She shook the water out of her dark hair, and made her way back to the commons. It was late enough in the day that the ancients should be telling their stories of glory and riches. She grimaced at the thought, but knew it made them happy to see her. Maeve would make an appearance, and then after talking to Muna, would head to her own space to sleep.

He looked hurt, but was he really? She wasn't sure and didn't want to ask. "Bad for me? I don't know if I should believe that. It's not everyday a nymph attacks an elf. As for a mount, Malek will find me, or I will find him." It was true she had no one to help her, but why would they? She was just an elf that wanders alone with her horse as well as talking to animals that will listen to her. She got up to her feet and brushed the dirt off of her and looked around for her grey-spotted steed. She spotted broken twigs and knew that was his trail; he ran off into the forest.

"Of course I can distinguish them. I am friends with the animals." She eyed him for a second and looked back at the forest and saw a squirrel up in the trees eating his nuts. Smiling, she started talking in her Elvish tongue towards the animal. The squirrel stopped eating and came down and squeaked. She asked the squirrel where her horse companion has run off to and the squirrel told her. Malek was not very far, but it was quite a walk. She asked the squirrel if he could lead her to him, and made a deal with him. He agreed and looked at the forest. Turning to the Gancanagh and smiled a half-smile.
"Well, I must go find my horse companion. It was nice speaking with you. I have never met someone who had pointed ears other than Elves." She did her farewell gestures and turned around to follow the squirrel.

Ruarc quirked a brow, "And you're just going to believe it? Animals are sneaky critters, only giving them something in return will they tell you truth. That's why I like the trees better... You should too." He stood from his spot an dusted off his green clothing, catching up to the elf in just a few long strides. If she wasn't going to stick around him, he'd stick around her. Just for a bit-- to keep himself busy.

"You're leaving, then? That's a bit rude, don't you think?" He grumbled. "No, you didn't even give me your name... that's rude! I'm Ruarc." He hopped in front of her to make her stop, muttering dark and threatening words at the squirrel, and held out his hand to her. Rude as he may seem, he had some semblance of manners.

She had to believe the critter because he was her friend and it wouldn't lie to her anyway if he wanted his nuts. "Yes, I do believe the critter, or else he won't get his nuts. As for the trees, I also like them. They tell me interesting stories."
She started walking towards the forest, but she was cut off by the Gancanagh which forced her to stop. Raising her eyebrows at him as he spoke his name; Ruarc. He held out his hand as he introduced himself and Celia did the same. "Ruarc, nice name. Celia is my name. It's a pleasure to meet you." She also did her usual Elvish greeting in her Elvish tongue. "I apolozie for my rudeness." After the introduction, she walked around him and before she went on a search for her horse she asked him. "Would you like to accompany me?"

"Celia... Oh! Sounds like a human name." And Ruarc, of all people would know many human names. Their titles were quite funny, and the young children understood his games. So how could he, despite his alliance, dislike the little mortal creatures?

Ruarc bowed dramatically to the elf before falling into step beside her, his hands clasped loosely behind his back. "Don't mind if I do. Not much else to do in the forest when your only company is a bunch of lying animals and old trees that tell you of "the old days". Yeesh, you'd think they would come up with something new to tell you, but no-- they don't."

Celia hummed a little bit before answering him. "Hmm, yes, it does." She continued following the little brown squirrel and chuckled at what Ruarc has said. The trees do talk about the old days, but what else should they talk about when nothing happens in their forests nowadays.
"it is true that there isn't much to do in the forest. It's quiet in here if you don't listen well enough to hear the animals squawk and squeak." Celia didn't talk much after her response to him, but decided that silence is sometimes good. She started singing her lullaby quietly to herself with a followed by the birds singing with her while following the squirrel.

Ruarc only mumbled in response; the trees could be old and cranky, slow and drawling, but he enjoyed their company more than anything and respected them above even most fae. Their wisdom hard to catch among their constant gossip, but if you were patient enough to listen to what they have to say for long enough, you would find yourself... enlightened. He often found himself sitting between the roots of such a tree, listening as it went off about the old beasts of the land... until it imparted some untold wisdom upon him.

So yes, he'd much rather be among trees than animals.

"What are you singing? I've never heard elf singing-- but I've played plenty of elven music."

The crunching of the leaves and twigs have left her in deep thought while singing her lullaby that she heard a mother sing to its child. Her thoughts were cut out when she was asked a question about what she was singing. The song was about mothers singing a song for the child before going to bed, and it brought good memories and bad memories as well. It took a minute to respond to the question, but she still answered.
"It's a lullaby from mother to child. I heard it long ago when I was still with my people in a small Elvish town deep in the forest. It makes me feel like I'm closer to home." The birds were still chirping after it got quiet once again, but she didn't mind.
The little brown squirrel stopped and looked at me awaiting for his reward and Celia looked ahead and, alas, there was her horse companion eating some grass. Looking back down at the Squirrel giving him a smile and praised him in Elvish tongue and gave him some nuts that she had in her pocket. The squirrel took off as soon as he received the reward.
Malek noticed her and trotted down to her and apologized for running off. "Ruarc, this is my horse companion. He is the only one who stayed by my side." She turned around and looked at him introducing him to Malek.