Overthrowing the Courts (IC Group RP, OPEN)

Maeve moved on, ahead of the Nixie. She found a large lake, and dove from the branches, into the water. A rare smile graced her lips as she relished in the feel of the water on her skin. Water was a much more defensible position for a Siren than the treetops. The Nixie would find her, if she continued to search for a large body of water, but to hurry things along she sang.

Her call echoed across the water, searching for listening ears. Calling them to her. She continued to sing as she swam, contentedly in the loch.

Muna continued her long walk, feeling hopeless, when her ears twitched. That sound... It's so beautiful!

In desperate need of something beautiful, she followed. In the distance, she noticed a familiar glint of blue... Water!

She felt as though her silent pleas have been answered. Her need for a new home was just what she was looking for. She half expected the search to be endless, being discouraged by Ruarc. She started to run towards the only salvation she has ever known. As she approached, she let her guard down as she jumped into the water.

Beneath the surface, she took a breath to cleanse her negative energy. As she exhaled, she opened her eyes. Muna raced back towards the surface when she realized that there were eyes in the water that were not hers.

Sitting on a tree trunk by the glistening lake, Celia was singing a lullaby quietly to herself. Her companion, Malek, was grazing on one of the grass patches as he quietly listened to her as she sung. It was peaceful by the lake and Celia enjoyed being here. The animals around here chirped and squeaked while they also listened to her voice.
But the song was interrupted as the animals ran off for the water was disturbed by someone who has jumped into the lake whom she knew not. Creasing her eyebrows, she started singing again until another one came moments after and jumped into the lake. Grumbling to herself, "This was suppose to be a peaceful place, not a place for fun and games." Celia decided it was not important to give attention to it and began singing her lullaby again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maeve surfaced, allowing her head to come out of the water. "I didn't get a chance to express my gratitude." She swam over to the Nixie. "Maeve," She said. "And I believe you saved my life."

She waded over to the rocky side of the loch, and pulled herself onto a large boulder. She spread herself out, sunning herself in the brilliant light of the day. "Well, I've got her here, now what?" She thought as the water rolled off of her skin. People skills were never her strong suit. She had been taught as young one to be quiet, and no matter how long she'd been out of the court's grasp it was a habit that she couldn't break.

"Maeve, huh? Well it's about time you showed a little fucking gratitude!"

Just when Muna thought she could wash away the shit from the day, she's ambushed by a siren's song. However, she isn't a hostile siren at the moment...

Muna sighed. "I'm sorry, that was in poor taste. My name is Muna. Why are you luring me?"

She couldn't think of why a siren who dismissed her so quickly before would want to lure her into a conversation. A trap would be even less likely. Muna couldn't help but feel intrigued, so she waded in the water, allowing enough silence for a response.

Maeve stayed on her rock, staring up at the bright sky. "I won't harm you." Her voice sounded distant, and forced, even in her own ears. "What are you doing so far away from the Courts?"

Maeve couldn't help but to maintain her caution. Her loyalty was to the people who taught her to survive, who took her in even as both Courts shunned her. She listened carefully to the water moving though and around the Nixie, keeping herself tense, and preparing herself for anything.

Muna floated on her back, feeling a bit more relaxed. "If I wasn't so far away from the courts, I'd be dead by now. I am - WAS - a healer for the Royal Court. The Queen's royal mutts killed my companions at sunrise. I always liked sunrises. My closest partner, Lithy... She had been tending to the Queen's personal health for the last few months. She was the first to be slaughtered. I got the fuck out of there before they could carve me up too. I managed to ditch the dogs in the trees and shift my form before they could catch me. That's when I found you, nearly dead in the mud."

She took a deep breath after her speech. That's the most she's thought of the day since it began. Now that things seemed to be quiet and calm, the shock and confusion of how the last few hours have played out started to set in.

Ruarc shifted from his perch and found himself on the ground again, his flute in place as he began to play, uninterrupted by the rather rude Seelie and her rogue companion. The trees mentioned that fae were down by the water, but also that there was a newcomer as well, not far off but quite a way out of range of his music. He thanked the trees, asked for directions, and followed the "path of light" as the trees suggested.

Ah, but this path had led him straight to the water, as he had not intended-- had the animals convinced the trees to lie to him, or...? No, indeed just as the trees spoke of, was a newcomer. But the other fae were present as well. He mumbled in mild annoyance and crouched down before the water, far enough away that a mischievous water nymph wouldn't dare to splash him.

Ruarc doubted the possibility, as the water nymphs were usually quite pleasant.

Knowing she had work to do and she wanted it done as quickly as possible. Getting up from her stump, Celia put her thoughts away and grabbed her blade from the ground and walked over to Malek, her horse companion.
"Off we go, I say, we have work to do." Celia did not know what she had to do, but she had to do something to. Knowing that the Seelie Court Queen is trying to capture several rogues, but she knew not. She climbed onto Malek and settled herself in the saddle that was on already and grabbed hold on the reigns. The two trotted off following the edge of he water getting closer to the edge of the woods, but completely going in.
By the time she got closer to the forest, she heard voices in the waters and sense several people in the presence. She knew not who they were. Another presence loomed and the animals whispered to her. Stopping where she eyed the direction of the other presence and spotted an Unseelie who was crouching besides the banks of the water.

Meave's ears picked up the new noises. "We're not safe here." She said as she rolled onto her feet. She dove back into the water with barely a noise nor a splash where the water was disturbed.

Maeve snaked her body through the water, emerging on the other side, away from the new noises.
"If you're coming," She said to Muna, "I'm not comfortable staying here any longer."

She didn't wait long before moving her body into a thick area of brush, nearby. She would wait for the Nixie, but she'd wait out of sight.

Muna sensed the noises as well. Quickly following the siren through the water, she kept her ears open to make sure they were not being followed.

She found Maeve behind a wall of trees and bushes. Muna quickened her pace as she said, "We must move quickly. I sense a familiar presence that I don't wish to confront again, as well other forces that I have not yet encountered. Let us move to the tree tops, they will lose our scent among the leaves and water."

"Aw, nymphs aren't so bad. If only you would learn to speak the way trees do, then maybe we could strike a deal. Oh!" He exclaimed, dipping his hand into the water to firmly grasp a multicolored fish no bigger than his forearm. "I tell you things, you tell me things. Four way communication between the whole forest. A nice link, don't you agree?"

Of course, nymphs didn't answer, and the fish flailed wildly in one hand. A quick word and the scaly form froze, then went limp in his hand. He set it aside for the animals.

He felt his ears twitch subtly at the sound of someone new-- two if he counted the heavier sound of a beast. Ruarc turned his head and scanned the along the grassy slopes leading into the water. "Watch the nymphs-- they don't much like elves."

Maeve put a finger to her lips, signalling the Nixie to keep as quiet as possible. Gracefully, she slithered up the trunk of the nearest tree. She pulled herself up a considerable distance, before launching herself into the next tree, then the next. Silently, and effortlessly she danced from branch to branch, well above the forest floor.

Finally satisfied that she had put enough distance between her and the lake, she stopped, waiting silently for Muna to reach her.

Muna followed and watched as the siren climbed and flew through the trees. "She must have been doing this for a while," she thought to herself. After a short amount of time had passed, Muna finally caught up with Maeve. She paused, pulled some leaves out of her hair, and whispered, "Where are you taking me, anyway?"

Muna was feeling curious. This journey so far had been such an exhausting one and she desperately hoped to find a hiding spot soon enough, but she wanted to know who this mysterious siren was.

Maeve smiled inwardly, remember when she had been just as clumsy in the treetops as Muna. She had been a little younger mayhaps, not fully out of her adolescence when she had been taken into the trees by the rogues.

"We have some shelter, further ahead. You must promise not to leave until you can be trusted, otherwise I can take you no further."

She quieted, staring at the Nixie, hoping the depth of her words would sink in.

The statement from Maeve took Muna by surprise. "What, like a prisoner? I've had quite enough of that kind of treatment to last a lifetime." Muna was becoming increasingly frustrated. Her world seemed to shift so drastically in just this one day that she had no idea what was up or down anymore. After a short thought, she realized that she really had no where else to go. The lake she was lured to was compromised and she couldn't take anymore of this nonsensical wandering. She drew a breath and said, "I will follow you. I can't say that I promise not to leave, but I have nothing to hide."

The Gancanagh was crouched by the lake talking to some nymphs who, of course, are not responding. The Gancanagh had long blond hair with a delicately crafted circlet on his head as well as hoops in his ears. His ears resembled Celia has never seen this fae before, but he looks as if he was part of the Unseelie. Raising her eyebrows at him and said,
"What did the fish do to you that deserved death?" She had her hand hover over the handle of her blade as a precaution as she examined the fae.

One of the animals approached her and whispered of two others running away. She didn't bother to run after them for she had to find out who this Gancanagh was in case he was a danger to her. Malek whipped his head up and down and stomped on the ground for no reason; Celia ignored the distraction and curiously looked at the fae in front of her.

"Safety first. No, not like a prisoner." She shook her head, the damned Nixie was starting to grate against her barely controlled anger. Taking a deep breath, she motioned for Muna to follow.

She took off through the treetops once again, not looking back for the Nixie. If she wanted to follow she would be. Just as Maeve felt her energy wavering she spotted the elevated roadways. She smiled at the sight of home. The treetops kept them safe, gave them protection. They had managed shelters off the main ground every time the land shifted, though the tree houses were definitely her favorite.

Ruarc sat back and shook droplets of water from his hands, his half-lidded eyes glancing lazily at the elf. "Er... existed? Fish are food, animals need food. I kind of owe the animals of this forest for their information..." He paused to glare at some vague spot across the lake. "Even though most of what they say are lies. But still. Lies always have some truth to them." The deer were by far the most trustworthy, the squirrels spoke too fast, and most of the bears simply told him what he wanted to hear to get him to leave them alone.

So it was a rather decent system.

"So, elf. What brings you way out here, huh? Don't you elves stick together?"

Reluctantly, Muna followed Maeve. After what seemed like forever, her legs were becoming weak and she felt the need to find water to replenish herself with. She grasped the small vial of court water that hung around her neck to calm herself - this allowed her to remain in her form, no matter how weak she may become.

As they started to slow their pace, Muna gaped at what seemed to be a whole civilization built into the trees. "What is this place?" she asked Maeve, not even bothering to keep the awe out of her voice.