Outer Reaches of Space

Whisket. I just realized that you totally did not copy/paste the character resume from Sailing in the Stars. I thought things were completely different. What is amusing is that you are completely infallible in every way. Silly Whisket.

Also, I am done.

Don't I know it

Alright, looks like we've got 5 including my self and a potential for one more. I'll update the character list and we'll see if we can't get one or two more people and get this party started.

Images by liveAmmo DeviantArt link: http://liveammo.deviantart.com/
it_does_not_end_here_by_liveammo-d85ntm1.jpg

i_thought_of_you_and_where_you_d_gone_by_liveammo-d7vrzh4.jpg

NAME: Mitra Ravinder Glaisyer

SPECIES: Anthromal – Anthromals are a race of inteeligent mammals found on a planet in the center of the galaxy. Though originally they were close to nature and considered almost bestial in nature their culture insists that they evolved beyond that. Anthromals in the present are very clean and are very rarely seen outside of the upper class work force (such as musicians, artists, ambassadors). They tend to be ambassadors or other such things. Those that prefer 'dirty work' or are closer to nature tend to be shunned by the regular society. Though Anthromals can be any mammal, they don't often mix the different species, mostly because it was found that mixed species ended up with 'genetic problems'.

APPEARANCE: Red Fox/Fennec Fox, he has a deaf right ear and burn marks on his right shoulder. His ears are bigger than anyone else in his family. This is due to the fact that his mother was a Fennec Fox and he inherited her ears and height. He reaches only about 5' 1" full grown. His eyes are a dark gray bordering on black. He tends to wear scarves for warmth and either a baseball cap or something else that is comfortable for working.

Position Applying for: Navigator or 2nd​ Engineer

---

PERSONALITY: Mitra enjoys being around people (as long as it's not a crowd). At first glance he seems incredibly friendly if a little abrupt. He's often rude, which is caused by the fact that he has no ability to sensor his thoughts. He's bluntly honest about what he's thinking. He's entirely too stubborn for his own good. He'll dig his feet in and not let go of an idea even if it turns out it was wrong.

He tries to be optimistic. Most of the time this works out, he has endless curiosity and is always sticking his nose in things. But this also means he's willing to learn from others if he doesn't understand something.

He's in love with travelling, and tends to star gaze if he's thinking. He enjoys looking at maps and learning about other planets and areas.

He tends to sleep in if he doesn't have anything to do; he prefers a hammock or the higher areas of a ship. Mitra is in an incredibly bad mood if he's woken up from his sleep too early and he usually lashes out at the person responsible. He then proceeds to feel incredibly guilty, and it's one of the few times he's willing to apologies.

His right ear will start twitching if he feels vulnerable, or weak. He dislikes it when people sneak up on him on his deaf side, and so favors that side a little more. He also feels uncomfortable in crowds, he starts to become snippy if he has to talk to more than a few people at a time.

He dislikes people who are hypocritical or who lie directly to him. Despite his stubborn streak and optimism he has a bit of self-esteem issue deep down. He always blames himself and will hide any guilt he feels deep inside his psyche; until he becomes incredibly depressed.

BACK STORY: Mitra is the result of a one night stand between a female Fennec Fox and a male Red Fox. It was thought that he wouldn't live past the birth, despite the Fennec Fox and Red Fox being in the same animal family and genus (Canidae, Vulpes) it is still a difficult pairing. But he was born with only one slight defect, he has turrets with his right ear which twitches when he is thinking deeply or nervous.

His mother had no wish to raise a child and abandoned him with his father's family. Her reasoning was that his father was far richer then her so he should be the one to raise Mitra. The family was incredibly upset by this irresponsible gesture; they probably would have treated Mitra at least a little better if he'd shown any sort of love art. Though he was excellent at sculpting he preferred to copy things he saw directly in reality instead of adding any creativity.

Instead he seemed to be far wilder then his cousins. Mitra loved to climb the trees around Yaedon, he collected as many maps as he could at a young age and started to study star charts instead of going to any of the balls or parties. He worked hard, not for a life of luxury, but because he enjoyed it. He felt far more alive when he was covered in dirt.

As a consequence, his father's family became more and more disgusted by him. He had only the loving relationship with his Father to help him develop social connections. He did try for a little while to become friends with his cousins, but when 'play time' ended with his right ear being slammed into a doorway by a large group of children he started to distrust others (he became deaf soon after). He was constantly told that everything that went wrong with the family was his fault. Eventually he would escape by sleeping in trees. The nickname 'Glad Slayer' was given to him after he ruined a ball by tracking quite a bit of mud and dirt into the main room.

It escalated to an unbearable point. The last act of cruelty was when his aunt locked him in a shed and set it on fire. His father was able to break in and throw him to safety, but died himself in the fire that gave Mitra his scars.

Upset he made his way to the space port and snuck on board one of the ships that was stationed there. At that point he was only 13. He hopped from ship to ship until he was forced to stow away on a pirate ship. He was caught fairly quickly, but instead of punishing him the navigator of the ship recognized his talent with star maps and engines. Though he was better with the maps. He taught him all he knew.
Mitra recently left that ship and is looking for a new ship to work with. His hope is to become the navigator, but he'd be happy just working deep within the engines of the ship.

STRENGTHS:

-He is able to feel the space around him easily. He has instant spatial memory. He only has to glance at a room to memorize where everything in it is. This is transferred to star maps and mazes as well.
-He has a great ability to climb . He is often able to go up a nearly 90 degree slope.
-His small body lets him get into corners and to hide easily. He can blend into the background easily, becoming nearly invisible if there are shadows around him.
-Increased self-awareness. Mitra has the strange ability to know exactly what is going on with his body at all times. This helps if he ever has to fight since he knows his exact weaknesses and strengths. It also allows him to be a little bit faster than his kin.
-His fighting style is basically that of avoidance. He is able to shoot guns from a distance, but it's not his best ability.

WEAKNESSES:

-Because he is basically paying attention to everything around him at all the times his mind can be overwhelmed by all the data and can cause fainting spells, migraines and brief moments of paranoia. This will also cause his turrets to heighten making him incredibly twitch for hours after.
-He gets cold easily. The change in temperature can cause him hypothermia if it goes too low.
-Far too stubborn.

-snibbety snab-

Sounds good, looks like we have enough to get this party started, I'll leave this open for a bit to see if we get anymore

I'll update the character list again and get to work on dat intro post.

So we got Lizardman, cyborg, Irobot, tyranid, Lucy and a dog. This should be fun. :bouncy:

Outer Reaches of Space | IwakuRoleplay.com

IC is up, the intro post is not so glamorous but it gets the point across, feel free to start posting but be ever vigilant of the thread, especially for this intro try not to overlap others posts.

Let's get this party started already.

Reactions: adabotcon
I will be joining into the IC shortly I have some dishes to work on and then I will be available possibly

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to get into the IC chat now, just to let everyone know, so that way I don't surprise everyone too much.

I had forgotten to add in The A.I. that i mentioned for Kerinda'o as a character

Name: Rinai'o
Species: A.I. made to last at least 20 cycles, (which is at least 210 human years, due to being made on Kerinda'o's home world, Xserasda)
Appearance: [spoili]rinai_o_sketch3.jpg credit of drawing goes to @Vermiciro[/spoili]
Position Applying For:
Assistant to Kerinda'o and possible Second in command
Personality: Rinai'o is a human like A.I., with a take charge kind of attitude, and usually keeps Kerinda'o calm in most situations, since they have been companions for several years now. Rinai'o is the kind of person who will give orders and not take no for an answer, especially if it comes to battle situations. She has been able to help command some Xserasdan military before, which is why she was a companion with Kerinda'o in the first place. She is very understanding and will always listen to anything a person has to say. But...if you rub her the wrong way, she will figure out how to get payback some way.
History: As an A.I. it's obvious where she was born, in a lab, especially ones with computers to construct her. She had been given features not really known to be be Xserasdan, but more human than anything. Designed to be a Battle Configuration A.I., she has updated over time, giving herself the technological edge to help and assist any Xserasdan soldier with battle armaments that they could not handle themselves on separate missions. But as time went by three and half cycles, things got boring, extremely boring. But one day, she met Kerinda'o when he had to go with a crew to take out a massive crime infestation. His swift movements with photon cutter swords caught her eyes while watching the battlefield. As the battle raged on she watched like a child in awe instead of giving any orders whatsoever. After seeing Kerinda'o take a "death blow" as many Xserasdans would call it, she was shocked. But somehow, the Xserasdan stood back up, roared and slaughtered everyone and everything around him that day. She never saw him again, not until the the beginning of her fourth cycle, when he had bought her from the Xserasdan military, he had the money to do so. Since then, she and him have been taking out criminals across the galaxy, even some corrupt officials and such every now and then. Then there was the occasional bar fights on planets and space stations, in which she watched every one of them in awe, or in a fit of disappointment. Now they need steady jobs.
Strengths: Hacking, organization, persuasion skills, navigation skills, technology implementation and her own firewalls
Weaknesses: curiosity, unknown knowledge, other human like behaviors
Other: Rinai'o would like to have a job as Second in command, and assistant to Kerinda'o. If not both, then she doesn't mind staying as Kerinda'o's assistant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 1000000% okay with a Cortana. Whisket, we can haz yes? Cortana will be a thing?

the only green female A.I. i could find to represent Rinai'o was another form of cortana...so yeah

true, i just have a different idea, the picture is a visual representation until i can get someone to draw her possibly, but that will be a while. so until then this is what i got. I will also be posting some dialogue for her to a small degree before Kerinda'o talks to Feng. I will be posting tomorrow though

Sounds interesting. Are you still accepting, @Whisket?

Maya gives not two shits about racial separation. Everyone is equal and she will belittle any alien as much as she would a human. #Hardass

I see, well I have an interview today so I will try and see if i can get a post thought up before or after said interview

Sounds interesting. Are you still accepting, @Whisket?

Sorry it took me so long to reply, been really busy and I've been trying to slam out posts in the RP but yes I am still accepting, however not every position.
I'm in need of a doctor/medical character or if you had something in mind you are welcome to run it by me.

@Whisket I have posted the A.I. Rinai'o's character sheet if you would be so kind as to see it for me, I didn't post it before so I thought you should see it

Sorry it took me so long to reply, been really busy and I've been trying to slam out posts in the RP but yes I am still accepting, however not every position.
I'm in need of a doctor/medical character or if you had something in mind you are welcome to run it by me.

I'm not sure how effective I'd be as a medic. I've tried before and failed miserably. What about a skirmisher?

I'm not sure how effective I'd be as a medic. I've tried before and failed miserably. What about a skirmisher?

Unfortunately no, we've got several combat roles as it is. We're in need of a medical/doctor or something more neutral I guess. That isn't to say your character would be incapable of fighting, I'd just rather it no t be their speciality.

I'm getting someone to be able to draw Rinai'o for me I will be getting a colored picture probably tomorrow, but tonight I have a Halloween party to go to my comrades