OOC:The Real World is Just a Crappy Game(Sign-Ups are Closed!Sorry /^\ )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't "Finishing Blow" a bit stupidly named? If in actuality there's 6 attacks, AND it's his main combat attack. Tbh, it seems like your app is way too heavily based on a combination of mine - Yui (for the weapon) and Nai (for the main skill thing). Also, no one would be given a legendary item in their starting inventory. As for the gloves, try to keep into account that while it's an RP its still set in an MMO so the most limiting thing about using a weapon would be your strength parameter for swords etc and perhaps magic parameter for staffs, wands, tomes and anything else magical. Also, from the look of your app, I fear your posts will be short and rather difficult to read. Still though, like Raychel said, I'm happy to RP with you if you can answer my statements.

Yes finishing blow is a stupid name, but I got it from Maplestory (MMORPG). About the looking like yours, I had no clue, sorry. Same goes for the weapon, but sure. I don't fully get why it's legendary, it's just a staff that grows with me, but sure if that is what makes it legendary, I'm sorry. The gloves I can get rid of as a "weapon", but I do wanna make it that if I'm without the gloves I can't use magic. And Dark Genesis is what I said, a bunch of beams come out around me, which take while (making it easy to dodg, but devastating when you get hit by it). Yes I removed the app, since I will need to redo the whole thing anyway. And the teleport will only be a battle teleport, didn't know that there was a way to teleport anywhere.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to bring up. My posts. They will be in 3rd person, don't worry. And there is just a limit at how much I can go on about me. In my eyes, I'm not that interresting, that's all I wanted to say.

Well, my weapon is one that levels alongside by character rather than having to get new ones every couple of levels, and it's legendary class. I was taking that idea from the Fire Emblem game, where any weapon that has infinite durability is restricted to only one character, and can be obtained only once, IE is a legendary and unique item. I don't really understand why you want to have to have the gloves to use skills though. Seems like a pointless self-inflicted restriction if you ask me, given it's not something that would usually appear in a game system. Also you might want to check a couple of pages back on the OOC and IC alike, we decided on a relatively unusual levelling system so it'd probably be good if you knew what it was like.

Hmm... Well, my eyes haven't had a good look at you yet, but I still think you're going to prove an interesting one. ^_^

I have an overactive imagination and am so comfortable with English that even small typos can become sources of amusement. In the case of Dark Genesis, here's what I was picturing:

"Daaaark GENESIIIIIS!" A dozen beams of light erupted from Damian's body and shot toward the oncoming monsters. Three poured into the leading gremlin, throwing it backward into the air where it shattered in a burst of sparks. The next three greenskins were each hit by a pair of bolts, driving them to the ground as their HP barely held on. The final three rays of magic flew high, missing the gremlins and vanishing into nothingness. Damian leaned forward, planting his hands on his knees, and gasped for breath. The attack was undeniably effective, but equally draining; not only was his MP low, but he felt exhausted. Nevertheless, the battle wasn't over yet.
-----
Then I thought it might look something like this:

"Dark Genesis!" The air around Damian split, beams of magical energy beginning to swirl around him. As the leading wolf leaped at Damian, one of the rays shot from its orbit and into the monster's gaping maw. The wolf was thrown backward, whimpering from the burning pain in its mouth. The next two wolves were met with similar blasts, the magic tossing them aside before they could touch the battlemage hidden within. The fourth, learning from its companions' mistake, ground to a halt and began circling Damian carefully.
-----

Also, about the gloves: You could have the gloves+staff be his weapon. They would have to be a single piece of equipment that way. Or his weapon could be the gloves, and a staff is just an upgrade (like gems in a sword hilt, just more bizarre).

Yeah, I guess the gloves don't really add anything. So, that is just equipment. And in terms of weapon, sure I will just follow everyone else just get upgrades, if I get to join.

Edit: I literally just saw the next post, but yeah I can do that, the gloves I mean. And pretty much the second one of the Dark Genesis is what I thought.

2nd edit: I will be heading to bed, stupid time zones. So everything which you will say later will be seen tommorow

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I imagined the beams falling directly downwards, so it'd hit a wolf right on the top of the skull and push it downwards and make it explode in blood and bone shards when it hits the floor like if you used a really powerful hammer...

Ah, so more like Colette's Judgment! That would be epic. It would be an offensive AoE more than a protection, but I guess that's a question of what combat style Damian is tooled toward.

Of course, the best players (of anything for that matter) will be able to adapt their offense to be defense, and visa versa.

Epiphany! Damian's gloves are his primary weapon. He uses them to throw bland bolts of magic at monsters, the same way Mana uses her tome. However, if he equips a staff it will change the element of the attack. Using a fire staff lets him launch fireballs; an ice staff for icicles; a vine staff, a mercury staff, an orangutan staff... The possibilities are only as limited as inventory space (though the more bizarre ones will probably be rare drops). Does that sound epic, or does that sound epic?

HELL YES ORANGUTAN STAFF I WANT TO SEE THAT.

What did I miss? XD

nothing I dont think. Got a new guy, but nothing really happened IC.

*There is a puff of smoke and I appear from thin air.* Hello everyone! I'm back! Oh and I replied to the rp.I'm still trying to figure out how Arashi can connect with everyone else in the rp.Any ideas? O.O

Rumors are floating around about a powerful Sunblade that protects girls. A few people sighted her and her fellow Valkyrie leaving toward the Ukian Mountains, making for Florence.

You are way too good at ideas @RayChel. You're making me jealous. Which is an achievement because that nearly never happens.

^_^ Want to open the dungeon for debate? Because while I managed to think clear down to the boss room, I sorta skipped over the entrance. >_<

A REALLY BIG AND GRAND DOOR! Actually that's probably better for the boss room, so we can slowly push them open and be bathed in a blinding white light and dramatic music... Assuming it's based on the fear idea still, how about some minor fears early on, like the boss smelled prey and sent something to scout it out or something?

Actually, the boss is going to be exact copies of us. Higher up... there need to be snakes. And spiders. And librarians er, evil gnomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.