OOC Chat

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Hecatoncheires

un jour je serai de retour près de toi
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
[bg=black]
THIS THREAD IS FOR PLANNING, DISCUSSING AND CHATTING WITH YOUR FELLOW PLAYERS.

PLEASE KEEP THE SPAM AND UNRELATED NONSENSE TO A MINIMUM (or Grumpy will beat you with a stick).

'The Machine Falters' is a game I've been trying to run, in various different incarnations, for almost five years now. Thanks to various different setbacks (almost all of which were my fault) it's never quite managed to find it's feet, but hopefully here in it's own shiny sub-forum, utilising a persistent world format, we might be able to get this fucking boulder up to the top of the hill.
[/bg]

Last edited:
Definitely interested.

Interested as well. Do we just throw charsheets at you now?

@Grumpy
Of course, I'm interested in this! And not because I'm stupid! xD

@Gryal
If you fill in the template and submit it to this here thread, you'll be good to go.

@Shinku⭐Kun
You're joining one of my games. Ask Astaroth and Diana how mad this makes you.
Why would this make me mad? That my submission didn't win doesn't mean I won't join others. I was actually hoping this one win if my didn't since I read it.

This looks awesome and I would love to join!

And question: Is it mandatory for a character to belong to one of the three factions? Or could they try, for now, to go solo?

Second question: Would it be possible for a character to die and then awaken while their soul is on its way to the Hell-scape? Then a soon as they pass the trials they arrive there... Because that would be awesome and helpful.

If the answer to either of these is a no, that's fine. In that case I shall make my character more closely to what you have laid out xD

Interested for sure! Just gotta check my schedule and try not to overload myself. If push comes to shove I hope there'll be more opportunities down the road to join.

Why would this make me mad? That my submission didn't win doesn't mean I won't join others. I was actually hoping this one win if my didn't since I read it.
He meant mad as in crazy, not angry. :D

• Useful
Reactions: Stray Shinku
Yes! Excited to the max.

Do you have a preference/rule for appearance pictures? Like, only real pictures, only artwork, anime, whatever have you?

I'm very interested, but I likely won't be able to start playing until my third term , so in a couple of months. I desperately want to do -anything- other than write essays about Proto-Germanic nouns, and given that I was a judge for the world building contest, I have a sort of vested interest in seeing this succeed. And y'know, an inhuman desire to participate in it.

So in two months, this bad boy still must be going strong so that I can actually participate in it. I'm already cooking up some ideas. I have half of ab idea for a character, and I'll continue to slow cook it in my brain-crockpot while still spewing horrible Old Norse verb declensions at school.

Reactions: rissa
I'm very interested, but I likely won't be able to start playing until my third term , so in a couple of months. I desperately want to do -anything- other than write essays about Proto-Germanic nouns, and given that I was a judge for the world building contest, I have a sort of vested interest in seeing this succeed. And y'know, an inhuman desire to participate in it.

So in two months, this bad boy still must be going strong so that I can actually participate in it. I'm already cooking up some ideas. I have half of ab idea for a character, and I'll continue to slow cook it in my brain-crockpot while still spewing horrible Old Norse verb declensions at school.
If the GM is okay with it, you could make your character and throughout the roleplay we could make reference and leave little Easter eggs about your character. Build them into the universe before you return? I think something like that would be cool

• Thank You
Reactions: Sir Basil
And question: Is it mandatory for a character to belong to one of the three factions? Or could they try, for now, to go solo?

Yeah, gonna need people in one of the four three factions. Both for story reasons and for practical GM reasons (makes it easier to wrangle people during big events).

Second question: Would it be possible for a character to die and then awaken while their soul is on its way to the Hell-scape? Then a soon as they pass the trials they arrive there... Because that would be awesome and helpful.

That's... actually a really intriguing idea. Shoot me a PM and we'll talk it over: there's a couple potential issues that might arise, but hopefully we can find a work-around.

Do you have a preference/rule for appearance pictures? Like, only real pictures, only artwork, anime, whatever have you?

Personally I'm not a fan of the anime stuff, but I try not to place limitations on what people use these days. It's a visual aid, at the end of the day: if you've got an image that you think embodies your character well, then it works for me.

If the GM is okay with it, you could make your character and throughout the roleplay we could make reference and leave little Easter eggs about your character. Build them into the universe before you return? I think something like that would be cool

You'll go far in this organisation.

I am interested in this.

Question: How could I bring in a motoring related character and have powers surrounding that?

Much appreciation to @alaska for showing me this roleplay, one of which I would now like to join.

You better behave, or I'll look bad. :V

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
You're in good company, in that case.

FEEL FREE TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THE GAME, BY THE BY. OR YOUR ENEMIES. OR WHATEVER.

You're in good company, in that case.

FEEL FREE TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THE GAME, BY THE BY. OR YOUR ENEMIES. OR WHATEVER.
*emails the fucking demiurge*

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Jorick