One Strange Apartment Building

• Thread starter CandyFlossRainClouds
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im interested in making a character that has some power over nature. Plants mostly, perhaps influence over various type of animals if possible.

But Id like them to be a gardener. Can we have a garden in the building?
You may have a garden on your balcony, if you want!
So are you planning to use cs or just us to drop in?
Just drop in, but your first post should be what they were doing before they woke up in their apartment, their reaction to being there, and a show of their powers.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ginutusu
Oops, I forgot to put what they were doing before they got there. Oh well, I think I prefer it like this to be honest. That's the kind of thing I'd rather reveal in conversation. As a wise and quite lazy man once said "If the other players can't use the information, don't put the information down." He also said "Don't just describe everything - try to find creative ways to do so using dialogue and reactions. Try to play from the character's point of view, not that of a narrator, while maintaining the 3rd person narration style."

Oh, oh god I just noticed this, but when you manually make the text black like that, people using the themes with a black background can't see it without highlighting. owo' I didn't even know there was more to your posts, I was so confused. Haha. When selecting a color in the rich text editor you can click the little "X" on the bottom right to set it to the default.

Oh, oh god I just noticed this, but when you manually make the text black like that, people using the themes with a black background can't see it without highlighting. owo' I didn't even know there was more to your posts, I was so confused. Haha. When selecting a color in the rich text editor you can click the little "X" on the bottom right to set it to the default.
Oh my, I have my background set to white, I didn't notice! I'll go back and edit through the posts!

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
There we go, all fixed!

@CandyFlossRainClouds Minor issue, but perhaps put "OOC" on the title of this thread and "IC" on the title of the other? At the moment they have the same name so it can be a little confusing on the notifications.

Lol, haven't figured out how? If you go to the Overview tab of the OOC and scroll to the bottom, you should find a small, easily missed "Edit" button. Then if you click "show full options/editor" (or something like that), it should give you the option to edit the title. On the IC thread, click Edit then Show Full Options on the first post.

I might be interested in joining, if tenants are still being accepted, that is. You just pop in? No character sheet?

I'm just waiting for someone else to pop in; I'd hate for the thread to just turn into a 1x1 haha.

WoooooooooooooooI'm gonna join.

I'll probably post later today. Got plans with a friend. Also need to think of a character >.<

Sorry for the late replies, everyone! But I'm glad to see people are getting interested!

Question: where does this RP take place, Japan? Is everyone speaking Japanese?

I don't think it should take place anywhere. It's a mysterious building that no one can leave, and no one knows how they got there. I think it would be much better to never mention where it actually is and just have them speak Convenient Plot Device Language That's Common To Everyone.

Question: where does this RP take place, Japan? Is everyone speaking Japanese?
I don't think it should take place anywhere. It's a mysterious building that no one can leave, and no one knows how they got there. I think it would be much better to never mention where it actually is and just have them speak Convenient Plot Device Language That's Common To Everyone.

I couldn't have said it better myself! Let's just say that the building itself acts as a translator!

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
@CandyFlossRainClouds How did you decide on the name "Kaibutsu"? Assuming you're using the characters I think you are, it means "Mysterious Object" which I think is quite appropriate :D

According to my usual dictionary it means "monster."

According to my usual dictionary it means "monster."
Lol, that's one of the things I love about the Japanese language. You can combine two characters to make a completely different meaning. Since very few Japanese words actually have direct English translations, I imagine your dictionary is using what it's most commonly used to mean - to refer to some kind of monster. Kaibutsu is written as , if it's using the characters I think its using, however, means Mysterious and means Object. The second character is actually pronounced "mono", in most cases, rather than butsu, EG Nisemono - Fake object () or Monogatari - Story ().

I didn't actually know Kaibutsu meant monster, I just knew that Kai could mean several things, including Mysterious, which seemed the most likely, and butsu is another pronunciation for "mono" (object) - Mysterious Object made sense, so I figured it was that.

Status
Not open for further replies.