One Strange Apartment Building

• Thread starter CandyFlossRainClouds
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
物's onyomi are ブツ and モツ, so it often uses one of those readings in jukogo like 怪物. :P You see the もの reading (kunyomi) more in words with okurigana, like 食べ物.

Or at least, that's a good rule of thumb.

If only I had everyone here's knowledge of moonspeak, a lot more visual novels would be open to me... T.T

That aside, I'm back and I'm gonna start figuring out who I wanna use.

Haha, I'm still learning, admittedly I can barely read anything that's entirely in Japanese. owo' My vocab is just severely lacking. I'm gonna buckle down on that these coming months.

I had some questions in regards to this, might be rather lengthy or a back and forth conversation, or could be very short depending.

Best to use this, or to send you a pm? I don't want to spam the section up with my interest checking.

I'm still learning too, but I'm learning in a strange way - I learn what interests me before what's important, so I could probably read a really weird paragraph about monsters or something perfectly, but I wouldn't be able to understand when someone was saying they wanted to eat cake (That's a bit simple, but I can't think of a better example)

I can understand verbal words and the characters for Attack, Defense, etc... Mainly cause I play Jap games that they refuse to let America play. :/

Lol, same :D I can hear a lot of words and I can read every simple character and some common / game-related Kanji, but I wouldn't be able to write them. It's the kind of thing where you recognise something but only when you're seeing it.

Lol, that's one of the things I love about the Japanese language. You can combine two characters to make a completely different meaning. Since very few Japanese words actually have direct English translations, I imagine your dictionary is using what it's most commonly used to mean - to refer to some kind of monster. Kaibutsu is written as , if it's using the characters I think its using, however, means Mysterious and means Object. The second character is actually pronounced "mono", in most cases, rather than butsu, EG Nisemono - Fake object () or Monogatari - Story ().

I didn't actually know Kaibutsu meant monster, I just knew that Kai could mean several things, including Mysterious, which seemed the most likely, and butsu is another pronunciation for "mono" (object) - Mysterious Object made sense, so I figured it was that.
The Kaibutsu I'm using does in fact mean Monster! I had no idea about it's other meaning, but that's makes it much more interesting!

All the characters that I'm using in this RP however, are from 2 games called Yume Nikki and .flow, Yume Nikki being the original game and .flow being one its most popular fangames. The games are known for not having any dialogue or set story. Since the games have no real canon (and are my favorite games of all time) I have spent a ton of time thinking of a very lengthy and detailed headcanon, which you will all see in this rp!

Dream Diary... Good name. If there's no canon though, that doesn't seem like it would be a particularly good game... BRB looking it up.

So, I'm new to RPing here on Iwaku, and this place looks pretty interesting. I suppose I'll pop in, then.

Hey I am interested in this but I am not sure what kind of character to make >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.