Of Mirrors and Portals

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was drifting somewhere. All she can see is darkness. Then, she saw someone. Coming closer, it strike her that the figure looks familiar. She called on to that person. The figure is a girl. She turned to face Paula. Paula went white in turn. It was her but her eyes are pure red with no irises. The girl smiled at her and her fangs are long and sharp. It reached towards her but she can't move. She screamed.

Brendan tried to wake her as she screamed "Paula? Wake up!"

She continued screaming as the girl looks like about to bite her. She started choking for no apparent reason. The girl just smiled at her and leaned into her. "I'll be the master of this body." she whispered to her.

He shook her roughly and started giving her mouth to mouth "Paula! Wake up! It's me!"

Her eyes flew opened but she can't see nor hear him. Her eyes are just like the girl's in her dream. Her fangs grew and became sharp. Then she cried out, "Brendan! Help!" as she convulsed and choking.

He tried his hardest to help "Paula! What's going on!?"

She struggled and sat up. Without warning, she bit him viciously. She drank his blood. Then, she stopped suddenly. Horrified and her form still like the girl's, she dashed outside and ran away.

Brendan jumped up, grabbed his jacket and rushed after her, he was faster than she was. He jumped and tackled her.
He took his ring off quickly and put it on her finger "are you crazy!? you'll burn without this!"

He started feeling it, his skin started to burn.
He put his jacket over his head and looked at her disappointed.

She was panting hard. She growled at him. "Brendan..." she called. She seemed to be slipping in and out of herself. Tears were sliding down her face. Her face went blank and she stopped crying.

He looked at her "stop, stop, whatever is going on, fight it. I know you are strong enough to fight this!"

Her breathing hitched as she seem.to fight something within her. A voice spoke, "She's gonna be.mine." then it laughed in a chilly voice. It stopped though and she went limp.

He grabbed her "she's already taken." He recognised the voice "stay away!"

She opened her eyes. Her head and throat hurts. She noticed she's covered with blood and Brendan was smoking from the sun. " Brendan? What happened?" she said hoarsely.

He shook his had and dragged her along back to the cave "nothing. The sun."

"Why do I look like this? There's something wrong me, am I right? What's wrong?" she insisted since Brendan's face is grim.

"Someone is trying to take over your body, a bad side of you.. You meed to fight it."

"Oh. The girl?" she whispered. "But why? She's scary. How do I fight her?" she asked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.